ADVERTISEMENT

Our 2021 recruiting class

hoopsstar12

Posts Like A Champion
Jan 16, 2008
The urgency level has just increased to land an elite class. Four opponents on our 2022 schedule are in the top 5 in recruiting. By 2022, those players will play a significant role. If Kelly cant round out the 2021 class with elite players, then I wouldnt use all the schollies. Kelly can tell the 2022 class elite group of players that they can contribute immediately against Clemson, USC, OSU and UNC. Kelly will have to land in the top 5 in recruiting for 2022 for us to be competitive. I would not round out ths class with the borderline project players. We need elite speed and arhleticism to match our opponents. Its a great selling point.

Day 2 for Buchner is HUGE!

Was day 1 an aberration, or was he a product of weak competition.

TBD!

You do realize they aren't wearing pads right ?

Well, you do realize this is basically a passing tourney and an overall assessment of the ability to throw a football. That what the benchmark is in the Elite 11.

Buchner may well be at a disadvantage because his excellent ‘duel’ threat ability is now halved.

Maybe it is my eyes.....this article has him settling in and being ranked #2 - I do like the one off balance deep throw down the right sideline. Cannot throw to his left it seems but the one down the sideline with his feet in the air is a beauty.

https://fightingirishwire.usatoday....ack-irish-commit-wows-at-elite-11-camp-day-2/

His score was skewed by the weight given prior to arrival at Elite 11
based upon his competitive video. The issue there is mediocre competition.
He put up video game stats!

He is far from a bust! maybe a tad over-rated as of this writing, but he is a true dual threat, not a pure passer that would excel at the E-11.
He has a better than average arm, but not elite in velocity. His motion is pretty poor with a low release point (not an issue out of the pocket).

1 description of his motion was something I never read at an E-11 event, SI described it as atrocious.

Last edited:
I am not an expert but I thought he looked terrible in day 2. Am I wrong?

He obviously is a good athlete, and i'm not at all worried about arm strength or his ability to make crazy throws off balance.

I'm 100% worried about his inability to throw a simple spiral, no pads, no rush, nothing at all times. WTF is going on with us landing highly ranked QBs that can't throw a darn spiral at ease. Buchners ability to make the easy throws at a high % are going to make or break him just like it did Wimbush, and he's not as athletic as wimbush or have that elite of an arm.

I think he is ranked #8 out of the elite 11 currently if I am not mistaken. I am curious to see how Jurkovec does at BC this year.

He obviously is a good athlete, and i'm not at all worried about arm strength or his ability to make crazy throws off balance.

I'm 100% worried about his inability to throw a simple spiral, no pads, no rush, nothing at all times. WTF is going on with us landing highly ranked QBs that can't throw a darn spiral at ease. Buchners ability to make the easy throws at a high % are going to make or break him just like it did Wimbush, and he's not as athletic as wimbush or have that elite of an arm.

he resembles Christian Laettner of the Twilight Series.

Well, you do realize this is basically a passing tourney and an overall assessment of the ability to throw a football. That what the benchmark is in the Elite 11.

Buchner may well be at a disadvantage because his excellent ‘duel’ threat ability is now halved.

Yeah without pads and with no pass rush.

You aren't checking plays at the LOS .

You aren't changing blocking schemes.

There's no crowd noise.

Put me in the " who cares " section .

it is clear to some, like Loy & Wiltfong, that Buchner has displayed far more talent than Caleb Williams! What is the matter with people! Williams ain't all that!
And Vander-g, same deal!

For Pro Day
TOS’s reporter only commented on top 11 for the day. TB was not mentioned, how he did was for the day, he was outside the Top11. Still his H.S. film is keeping him in the mix for an E11 spot.

Now, in reality, does the 7-7 competition count in the E-11 selection?
Or is that just in consideration of MVP?

Buchner ought look far better in 7-7.

Last edited:
You were all ripping Phil because of a poor scrimmage. Does that mean Buchner has to go now to? BTW no chance we get a top ten class next year.

You were all ripping Phil because of a poor scrimmage. Does that mean Buchner has to go now to? BTW no chance we get a top ten class next year.

Expectations! If the kid fails to live up to the ND fan inflated expectations, formed more from want, then they will turn on him very quickly!

If the kid finishes 8-11, that would be outstanding!

Expectations! If the kid fails to live up to the ND fan inflated expectations, formed more from want, then they will turn on him very quickly!

If the kid finishes 8-10, that would be outstanding!
Well I hope he actually gets a chance before being pushed out the door. But he is Reeses boy so he'll probably get a better shot than Phil did.

Make sure to keep posting about Phil when he cant throw the ball at BC
You sure love hating on that kid. You never had one positive thing to say. You're the one that judged every thing on one scrimmage. Well how about now? What about Buchner? He look terrible. Not gonna trash him now? I didn't see any tight spirals. As far as Phil proof is in the pudding and we'll see. Oh and in a couple months we'll see if there is college football. Still no guarantee, states are reeling back a lot now and you still think it's not worse the the flu.

who are DB’s when they play 7:7 are they the elite of the class?

So Williams is named MVP and the actual competition at the event is almost B.S.? 75% on film evaluation, 25% based upon the E-11 event? WTH!

Day 3 done...early start.

Last edited:
You sure love hating on that kid. You never had one positive thing to say. You're the one that judged every thing on one scrimmage. Well how about now? What about Buchner? He look terrible. Not gonna trash him now? I didn't see any tight spirals. As far as Phil proof is in the pudding and we'll see. Oh and in a couple months we'll see if there is college football. Still no guarantee, states are reeling back a lot now and you still think it's not worse the the flu.
1. Buchner did not look terrible. Thats not true.

2. I was a big fan of Phil until i watched practice highlights and then went to the spring game and saw the worst passing ive ever seen at the high college level. It was bad. He was also not as athletic as I thought.

3. The flu is worse for college aged players than covid

Last edited:
Final rankings 1-11 out, but TB not included, so where among the 20 not shown yet. Day 1 cost him.

1. Buchner did not look terrible. Thats not true.

2. I was a big fan of Phil until i watched practice highlights and then went to the spring game and saw the worst passing ive ever seen at the high college level. It was bad. He was also not as athletic as I thought.

3. The flu is worse for college aged players than covid
Did you even watch the video? I'm not saying he's a bust because of a bad practice or scrimmage. Only a total buffoon would do that. But he looked a bit thin. Hope he don't get injured. He may need a couple years in the weight room.

Also please share your stars that the flu is worse for college age kids. As usual we expect nothing other than bs from you.

Last edited:
The three or so throws where he just let it fly he looked pretty good. When he aimed the ball his awkward throwing motion became more pronounced and he seemed to have trouble getting velocity on the throw. I can see it being a case of nerves. A couple throws his footwork seemed off and he threw all arm.

Did you even watch the video? I'm not saying he's a bust because of a bad practice or scrimmage. Only a total buffoon would do that. But he looked a bit thin. Hope he don't get injured. He may need a couple years in the weight room.

Also please share your stars that the flu is worse for college age kids. As usual we expect nothing other than bs from you.
Look it up

They didn’t do 7:7 as per the SI article I came across which makes the elite 11 results even more of a joke.

if they cannot play 7:7 how the heck they proposing to play 11:11 in fall?

Some of the kids in the 19-20 classes may be eligible for the NFL draft before ever playing in college!

if they cannot play 7:7 how the heck they proposing to play 11:11 in fall?

Some of the kids in the 19-20 classes may be eligible for the NFL draft before ever playing in college!
They didn’t really give a reason why they didn’t but I’m assuming it’s because of COVID-19.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT