ADVERTISEMENT

OT: LSU fed up?

Kelly resurrected ND’s football program

Kelly is the winningest coach in ND’s history.

Kelly’s last five year record is terrific_

Kelly could only play the games on his schedule.

Kelly vied for 3 NC’s in ten years, 2012-2021

i dislike Kelly, but you have to give the devil his due !
My take and SENTIMENTS as well.

After all, Kelly's a pretty hard guy to like. But that's NOT the issue. People LOVED Gerry Faust. What did THAT get them? Or ND?

And, by the way, during a week of INTENSE KELLY/LSU bashing -- MOCKERY, really -- did anyone notice how Kelly and LSU pulled one out against a talented, undefeated Mizzou team in Columbia? Even as Freeman & Co. looked overmatched by Louisville?

And while Estime was gaining a mere 20 yds. on 10 carries, LOGAN DIGGS was racking up 135 at a +5 yards a carry clip. Surprising as it may sound, he's now the FEATURED BACK in Baton Rouge.

SO, YOU NEVER KNOW.

ND may look fabulous on Saturday and LSU may lay an egg, but for people to anoint Marcus Freeman and his current 14-7 ND record as the SECOND COMING (of name your favorite ND coach) while DEMONIZING a guy who went 54-9 over six years at ND -- playing the whole time within the MEDIEVAL CONSTRAINTS of ND's Marquis of Queensbury/student-athlete straightjacket -- is to, say the least . . .

A LITTLE PREMATURE.

Reactions: tbone3114
Because of the offensive scheme (slow mesh) That's why he transferred, so he could show NFL scouts he can QB a pro style offense.
That’s an opinion that differs from Hartman’s stated reasons

My take and SENTIMENTS as well.

After all, Kelly's a pretty hard guy to like. But that's NOT the issue. People LOVED Gerry Faust. What did THAT get them? Or ND?

And, by the way, during a week of INTENSE KELLY/LSU bashing -- MOCKERY, really -- did anyone notice how Kelly and LSU pulled one out against a talented, undefeated Mizzou team in Columbia? Even as Freeman & Co. looked overmatched by Louisville?

And while Estime was gaining a mere 20 yds. on 10 carries, LOGAN DIGGS was racking up 135 at a +5 yards a carry clip. Surprising as it may sound, he's now the FEATURED BACK in Baton Rouge.

SO, YOU NEVER KNOW.

ND may look fabulous on Saturday and LSU may lay an egg, but for people to anoint Marcus Freeman and his current 14-7 ND record as the SECOND COMING (of name your favorite ND coach) while DEMONIZING a guy who went 54-9 over six years at ND -- playing the whole time within the MEDIEVAL CONSTRAINTS of ND's Marquis of Queensbury/student-athlete straightjacket -- is to, say the least . . .

A LITTLE PREMATURE.
I will tell you what is A LITTLE PREMATURE, you using the win over Missouri as something positive.

Mizzou’s 5 wins were South Dakota, Middle Tenn, Memphis, 2-4 Vandy and 3-2 KSU. For reference KSU’a wins were over SEMO, Troy and UCF. Vandy beat Alabama A+M and Hawaii.

Pulling one out against Mizzou was CMU like

Please explain 13-7 after 44-6.
Still waiting for you to explain 9-4 in 2013, 8-5 in 2014, 4-8 in 2016, 2017 Miami, 2017 Stanford. You sure as hell had a lot of patience for Kelly suffering through those 4, 5, and 8 loss seasons.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Still waiting for you to explain 9-4 in 2013, 8-5 in 2014, 4-8 in 2016, 2017 Miami, 2017 Stanford. You sure as hell had a lot of patience for Kelly suffering through those 4, 5, and 8 loss seasons.
I am still trying to figure out the offensive production from last night, with an extremely experienced sixth year QB. When I do I will get back to you.

There’s no question that Kelly made mistakes, every coach does, but none were as glaring and repetitious as those made against OSU and Louisville.

Kelly never appeared to be over his head.

If MF succeeds, ND succeeds, so we all want him to do well.

I‘m just not sure that he possesses sufficient football IQ and the executive skills required of a successful coach at this level.

Time will tell.

Reactions: NDinNJ and 4-4-3
I am still trying to figure out the offensive production from last night, with an extremely experienced sixth year QB. When I do I will get back to you.
Poor run blocking and a lack of adequate time for the QB due to poor play by the OLine !

There’s no question that Kelly made mistakes, every coach does, but none were as glaring and repetitious as those made against OSU and Louisville.

I‘m just not sure that he possesses sufficient football IQ and the executive skills required of a successful coach at this level.

Time will tell.
I want Freeman to succeed as well, and your concerns are valid. Calling a timeout with the game on the line against Ohio St., then sending out 10 players after the timeout is absolutely a concern. Then two games later, what we saw on offense was head scratching.

Time will tell.
Watch the Mike Singer/Mike Goolsby show on youtube. This week's edition isn't pulling punches.

Goolsby is ADAMANT about what a poor IN-GAME coach Freeman is. While he "supports" him as ND's coach, he feels that FREEMAN DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING.

Compares Freeman to Willingham -- his own one-time coach -- in that there's too much emphasis on INSPIRATIONAL/MOTIVATIONAL STUFF -- what Goolsby referred to as FLUFF.

Said that when he was playing he didn't want to hear all of that in that he'd come from a good family and didn't need a SECOND FATHER.

MAN DOESN'T MINCE WORDS.

In line with that, said that Freeman should LOSE THE PLATITUDES and concentrate on FOOTBALL EXECUTION.

Addressing the WR problem, Goolsby argued that instead of looking so much for RATED TALENT, ND should be recruiting GUYS WHO CAN RUN.

Which reminded me that we will be watching plenty of them in CARDINAL AND GOLD on Saturday -- as that program has become JACKRABBIT CENTRAL.

Also, a guy who's apparently the son of the RECRUITING COORDINATOR for Purdue texted into the show that his father sees ND as suffering from SUBPAR COACHING AND WR'S and is essentially an 8-4 team. His opinion only, but we'll see how closely -- or not -- he's nailed it.

Reactions: HarlemIrish
Orgeron- 1
James Franklin- 0

Orgeron- 1
Luke Fickell- 0

Orgeron- 1
Kyle Whittingham- 0

Heck bring Orgeron in as a mentor for Freeman!!!!
Absolutely, and if Marcus is not interested, Ed and his championship ring could mentor Jim Harbaugh, Ryan Day, or Lincoln Riley. Or maybe someone like Luke Fickell would be interested.

Yeah

Notre Dame and LSU-----the same thing right ?

You're really on your game Knute
Kelly is going to be run out of LSU in the next 3 years. Just when ND has had its fill with Freeman, and you morons will be pining for ND to hire Kelly for a second stint. That's how dumb some of you are. 😂

Last edited:
Kelly is going to be run out of LSU in the next 3 years. Just when ND has had its fill with Freeman, and you morons will be pining for ND to hire Kelly for a second stint. That's how dumb some of you are. 😂
Where is Golson?

It was easy to see what Kelly did wrong. It is harder to notice what was right.

An example was the WR I called 'Slow-man-ic.' I said top programs don't need white receivers from NW. But it turned out that BK saw we had problems at receiver and the slow man turned out to be a good man.

Reactions: 4-4-3
Not a fricking chance do i ever want that douche bag on NDs sideline ever again!

Reactions: NDinNJ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT