ADVERTISEMENT

OT: LSU fed up?

So that explains 13-7 after 44-6?

The offense last night was abysmal.
My question is why are you still talking about Kelly? He’s not here. He didn’t recruit very effectively. He hired terrible coaches time and time again. He won a lot of games against Wake Forest and Syracuse. And when it mattered, he got slaughtered. But he’s also not here. I’m immensely frustrated by last night. I’m upset because I like Freeman. I couldn’t stand Kelly for personal reasons. And I really like Freeman. So my frustration is that the guy I’m desperate to see do well is not doing well. You’re frustrated because the guy you absolutely worship isn’t here anymore.

So there’s a solution for that: get off the ****ing board and go cheer for that fat sonofabitch in Baton Rouge and leave Notre Dame for those of us who actually care about it.

The offense last night was abysmal, and Sam Hartman is the QB.
I agree. I'm not happy. I wanted Fickell, we got Freeman. Let's see how it plays out. We can't change it. Wanting a coach fired in the middle of his 2nd year is dumber than dumb.

My question is why are you still talking about Kelly? He’s not here. He didn’t recruit very effectively. He hired terrible coaches time and time again. He won a lot of games against Wake Forest and Syracuse. And when it mattered, he got slaughtered. But he’s also not here. I’m immensely frustrated by last night. I’m upset because I like Freeman. I couldn’t stand Kelly for personal reasons. And I really like Freeman. So my frustration is that the guy I’m desperate to see do well is not doing well. You’re frustrated because the guy you absolutely worship isn’t here anymore.

So there’s a solution for that: get off the ****ing board and go cheer for that fat sonofabitch in Baton Rouge and leave Norte Dame for those of us who actually care about it.
Why, because when you finish 44-6 in your last 50 games from 2018-2021, and then you are 13-7 the next 20 games, and you have the benefit of getting Sam Hartman to play QB, and you watch the offense last night, questions will arise.

The offense last night and the last two games has been inadequate at best.

Why, because when you finish 44-6 in your last 50 games from 2018-2021, and then you are 13-7 the next 20 games, and you have the benefit of getting Sam Hartman to play QB, and you watch the offense last night, questions will arise.

Sam Hartman isn't that great. If he was he wouldn't be using his Covid year, he'd be in the NFL. So stop with Hartman is great he's not. , he's a serviceable QB that's it.

Reactions: irish2x
Sam Hartman isn't that great. If he was he wouldn't be using his Covid year, he'd be in the NFL. So stop with Hartman is great he's not. , he's a serviceable QB that's it.
Sam Hartman is better than Brandon Wimbush, Ian Book, and Jack Coan, who were a combined 44-6 from 2018-2021.

We are all aware that the offense is a mess. Parker appears to be Freeman’s Van Gorder. But the more you talk about Kelly, the less I care to be part of this board. Give it up

Reactions: NDinNJ
We are all aware that the offense is a mess. Parker appears to be Freeman’s Van Gorder. But the more you talk about Kelly, the less I care to be part of this board. Give it up
The USC game is a big test for MF and the entire program.

No game on the schedule means more.

Sam Hartman is better than Brandon Wimbush, Ian Book, and Jack Coan, who were a combined 44-6 from 2018-2021.
Ian Book got drafted and didn't use his Covid year. That alone makes Book better than Hartman.

2021 had to be one of the easiest schedules ND has ever had. 1 ranked opponent on the schedule and that was against a team (Cincinnati) filled with 3 star recruits where ND lost that game by two scores at HOME. Keep trying.

Ian Book got drafted and didn't use his Covid year. That alone makes Book better than Hartman.

2021 had to be one of the easiest schedules ND has ever had. 1 ranked opponent on the schedule and that was against a team (Cincinnati) filled with 3 star recruits where ND lost that game by two scores at HOME. Keep trying.
The Kelly schedules were laughable. Funny he bolts for LSU when (a) the QB position is a mess and (b) the schedule gets tougher.

Reactions: NDinNJ
The Kelly schedules were laughable. Funny he bolts for LSU when (a) the QB position is a mess and (b) the schedule gets tougher.
Agree, Kelly NEVER faced a stretch of 4 games where the opponents records are a combined
21-1, and the one loss is at the hands of ND.

Sam Hartman is a better CFB QB than Brandon Wimbush, Ian Book, or Jack Coan, which is why last night, and frankly the last 3 games, are so confusing on offense.

When you go from Brian Kelly and Tommy Rees running an offense to Marcus Freeman and Gerad Parker, maybe we should not be so surprised.

Last edited:
Sam Hartman is a better CFB QB than Brandon Wimbush, Ian Book, or Jack Coan, which is why last night, and frankly the last 3 games, are so confusing on offense.

When you go from Brian Kelly and Tommy Rees running an offense to Marcus Freeman and Gerad Parker, maybe we should not be so surprised.
Again Book is the better QB, He was drafted after 5 years. Hartman is in year 6, if he was better than Book he'd be in the NFL THIS YEAR! As it is now, Hartman will not get drafted after this year he may land on a practice squad as an UFA.

unfortunately SC is starting to find themselves in a similar position
????

USC has Utah, Washington, at Oregon and UCLA following.

No game means more to USC than UCLA. None.

Again Book is the better QB, He was drafted after 5 years. Hartman is in year 6, if he was better than Book he'd be in the NFL THIS YEAR! As it is now, Hartman will not get drafted after this year he may land on a practice squad as an UFA.
Why you mention the NFL is baffling. Apples and oranges, and IB is out of the league.

Sam Hartman is a better CFB QB than Brandon Wimbush, Ian Book, or Jack Coan, who combined were 44-6 from 2018-2021.

Why you mention the NFL is baffling. Apples and oranges, and IB is out of the league.

Sam Hartman is a better CFB QB than Brandon Wimbush, Ian Book, or Jack Coan, who combined were 44-6 from 2018-2021.
Wrong, he's not. Book was a better college QB, and NFL teams confirmed it by DRAFTING him !!

Wrong, he's not. Book was a better college QB.
Nah. Close, but not better. And like you have said, if IB was so good, why were the Clemson and Alabama CFB playoff games so lopsided.

Nah. Close, but not better. And like you have said, if IB was so good, why were the Clemson and Alabama CFB playoff games so lopsided.
NFL teams confirmed Book is better by DRAFTING him.

Those regular season schedules were laughable. Those teams played 1-2 ranked opponents each season. lol 2018 -2021 was FOOLS GOLD and you are dumb enough to buy into that mirage.

Show me where between 2018 and 2021, Kelly faced a stretch of 4 games vs opponents with a combined record of 21-1 and I'll buy you dinner at the place of your choosing.

Those regular season schedules were laughable. Those teams played 1-2 ranked opponents each season. lol 2018 -2021 was FOOLS GOLD and you are dumb enough to buy into that mirage.

Show me where between 2018 and 2021, Kelly faced a stretch of 4 games vs opponents with a combined record of 21-1 and I'll buy you dinner at the place of your choosing.
You have chastised Brian Kelly ad nauseum for blowout losses to Clemson in 2018 and Alabama in 2020, now you tell me Ian Book is a better CFB QB than Sam Hartman, and IB QB'd both games.

Where is Golson?

You have chastised Brian Kelly ad nauseum for blowout losses to Clemson in 2018 and Alabama in 2020, now you tell me Ian Book is a better CFB QB than Sam Hartman, and IB QB'd both games.
Those games were lack of preparation. The common denominator in all of those blow out losses wasn't Book, it was Kelly.

Those games were lack of preparation. The common denominator in all of those blow out losses wasn't Book, it was Kelly.
Of course, and when Alabama beat Ohio St. 52-24 for the 2020 title, it was Ryan Day.

And when Clemson beat Alabama 44-16 for the 2018 title, it was Nick Saban.

So that's what we're going to listen to for the next 3 years .

Marcus Freeman is a great coach but Kelly left him no WR's.

LMFAO
No one is saying Freeman is a great coach, but Kelly wasn't either

Kelly also NEVER faced a 4 game stretch of games where the teams were a combined 21-1 with the only loss coming to ND.
Anyone with a brain could tell you 2018-2021 was FOOLS GOLD, and you as well as sbj fell for that mirage.

Got to disagree, Hartman is that great and his numbers substantiate that claim.

If your OLine doesn’t provide adequate protection no QB is going to excel

👍

Kelly had NOTHING to do with ND’s scheduling, he could only play the teams presented to him !

Hartman’s numbers prove otherwise

Hartman’s long ball accuracy is exponentially better than Books

Hartman’s numbers prove otherwise

Hartman’s long ball accuracy is exponentially better than Books
Well, let's see what the NFL thinks, they are the professionals in evaluating talent.

No one is saying Freeman is a great coach, but Kelly wasn't either

Kelly also NEVER faced a 4 game stretch of games where the teams were a combined 21-1 with the only loss coming to ND.
Anyone with a brain could tell you 2018-2021 was FOOLS GOLD, and you as well as sbj fell for that mirage.
Kelly resurrected ND’s football program

Kelly is the winningest coach in ND’s history.

Kelly’s last five year record is terrific_

Kelly could only play the games on his schedule.

Kelly vied for 3 NC’s in ten years, 2012-2021

i dislike Kelly, but you have to give the devil his due !

Reactions: 4-4-3
Well, let's see what the NFL thinks, they are the professionals in evaluating talent.
How can you ignore Hartmans spectacular stats ?

They tell you all you want to know.

He’s an exponentially better passer than Book and I was a big Book fan

The offense last night was abysmal, and Sam Hartman is the QB.
So what? Charlie Weis went 19-6 (76% winning percentage) in his first two seasons. We all know how that turned out.

How can you ignore Hartmans spectacular stats ?

They tell you all you want to know.

He’s an exponentially better passer than Book and I was a big Book fan
Spectacular stats against Navy, Tennessee State, Central Michigan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT