ADVERTISEMENT

Official ND - Navy thread ...

Poor ST play and CS call by Kelly to go for the FG. Just hard to watch at times. Comes down to poor execution on ST and passive call by Kelly with no reason to play safe with our record. Just frustrating as hell.

At least we are assured Kelly will lead the team out of the tunnel next fall. I have no idea how he survives.

Reactions: ohio1980
How can a team only be called for 17 penalties total in 8 games?
Unfortunately when you play Navy you also have the refs on their side.

Defense couldn't stop Navy ... but they weren't the reason for the loss. Our special teams and offense really let us down.
When you go for it on 4th and 6--that shows no respect for the defenses' ability to stop ypu

I know Notre Dame apparently believes they do not need or want to be in the ACC, but at this point it looks like it may be beneficial to ND. I would really like to see this happen as a Clemson fan, but it is getting tiring the longer the hesitation goes on. Notre Dame would be a benefit for any conference due to their universal fan base and storied history, but I guess they do not feel that they are a fit for the ACC, even when the program is down. The ACC should move on and ND should embrace their natural fit, the Big-10. I will still always pull for the Irish, being of Irish descent myself. Good luck the rest of the way.

When you go for it on 4th and 6--that shows no respect for the defenses' ability to stop ypu

I agree with that. BUT ... the few times our D did stop Navy (1) we had too many men on the field at one time and (2) our offense went 3 and out on another.

In a limited possession game like when we play Navy ... and knowing our D will rarely if ever stop them, our special teams cannot afford to make mistakes and our offense has to score TDs on every possession or at least until we open up a 2 or 3 score lead.

I know Notre Dame apparently believes they do not need or want to be in the ACC, but at this point it looks like it may be beneficial to ND. I would really like to see this happen as a Clemson fan, but it is getting tiring the longer the hesitation goes on. Notre Dame would be a benefit for any conference due to their universal fan base and storied history, but I guess they do not feel that they are a fit for the ACC, even when the program is down. The ACC should move on and ND should embrace their natural fit, the Big-10. I will still always pull for the Irish, being of Irish descent myself. Good luck the rest of the way.
If we join the ACC, can we stop playing in hurricanes? Just curious if they'll reschedule our games if we're full members?

Story on the home page says Navy Upsets Notre Dame. I don't see it as an upset at all. Navy had a 5-2 record coming in, didn't they? Kelly sucks.

"If we join the ACC, can we stop playing in hurricanes? Just curious if they'll reschedule our games if we're full members?"

I don't know about that, but you could be playing the Hurricanes!

The 12 men on the field is a coaching error. There should be two coaches counting all personnel. That was not the case here. Our offense can't even score on a lowly Navy Defense. Yes we are young, but we all know now that Kelly is and will never be the answer. I would start right now by demoting Booker strictly to TE coach. Why can't we be like other programs who have a Lone Special teams coach? It's time for ND change!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT