ADVERTISEMENT

No excuses for freeman

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
I want this guy to win more than I want Shakira to give me a lap dance but I am already seeing excuses being made like this 22 schedule is tough n Kelly would lose 3-4 games. Enough!

No excuses. Ball out. I always expect the W. If Fichigan can muck up buckeyes than we should also

I want this guy to win more than I want Shakira to give me a lap dance but I am already seeing excuses being made like this 22 schedule is tough n Kelly would lose 3-4 games. Enough!

No excuses. Ball out. I always expect the W. If Fichigan can muck up buckeyes than we should also
If we go any worse than 9 and 3, this season will be a failure .

Between 9 and 12 reg seasons wins is what should be expected

No one worth mentioning is giving excuses about anything. Simply a false narrative.

Even your idol Driskell said 9-3 was a failure. ND nation isn’t patient. This is NOT a transition year.
Do you think I care what Driskell says?

I dont post all his info on here and then go act like I cant stand him.

All my opinions are my own

I see this season being between 9 and 12 reg season wins

Reactions: SIhoosier26

No way we should lose more than 1 game. If we get blown out by Ohio State, Clemson, and lose to USC, ND nation will be up in arms. Just the way it is. If we almost beat Ohio State and Clemson and lose another game due to injuries, but win a big bowl game, that’s a different thing.

9-3 is lame. Do u think Clemson Bama OSU georgia expectations are 9-3 or better? Exactly what I’m talking about. Excuses.
These teams reload. There is no down year. So stop the excuses.

No way we should lose more than 1 game. If we get blown out by Ohio State, Clemson, and lose to USC, ND nation will be up in arms. Just the way it is. If we almost beat Ohio State and Clemson and lose another game due to injuries, but win a big bowl game, that’s a different thing.
We lost to Cincinnati last year. Losing to Clemson is not a stretch by any means

4 and 8 and Kelly came back.

No one worth mentioning is giving excuses about anything. Simply a false narrative.
Well I’m not going to get into whose opinion is worth mentioning or not but many fans and media are saying we go 9-3

that’s excuses. That’s more of the same Kelly bs

9-3 is lame. Do u think Clemson Bama OSU georgia expectations are 9-3 or better? Exactly what I’m talking about. Excuses.
These teams reload. There is no down year. So stop the excuses.
Its not an excuse. I'm being realistic.

Clemson went 9 and 3 last year by the way in case you missed that

And we are not Alabama, Georgia, OSU or Clemson yet.

We are a notch below the elite teams

We lost to Cincinnati last year. Losing to Clemson is not a stretch by any means

4 and 8 and Kelly came back.

BK made a NC in 2012. Easier to give the benefit of the doubt. This is also one of the most talented ND teams in the last 20 years. 9-3 is a failure.

BK made a NC in 2012. Easier to give the benefit of the doubt. This is also one of the most talented ND teams in the last 20 years. 9-3 is a failure.
Kelly won more than 10 games only twice in his first 7 years.

Then in year 7 he went an ugly 4 and 8.

He got a lot of leeway

He got a lot of leeway
Brian Kelly inherited a shit show from fired Charlie Weis. The program was awful.

Marcus Freeman inherited quite a different situation.

Reactions: pem55 and echowaker

He got a lot of leeway

I think it’s the nature of the recent success. Before BK arrived, we were dreadful. The expectations, realistic or not, are far higher now. We have become a perennial playoff contender. Nobody is going to be okay with 9-3 with the talent on this team unless we beat a very legit opponent in a bowl game. It’s just not a rebuilding year.

I think it’s the nature of the recent success. Before BK arrived, we were dreadful. The expectations, realistic or not, are far higher now. We have become a perennial playoff contender. Nobody is going to be okay with 9-3 with the talent on this team unless we beat a very legit opponent in a bowl game. It’s just not a rebuilding year.
No one will be okay with 9 and 3 but its not going to be a panic either.

9 is the low end for this team. 12 is possible.

9 and 3 with a bowl win is probably the most likely scenario.

My prediction as of today would be 10 and 2. But that could change. Its still early

In year 7 they were all his players and his program.

4 and 8

We also didnt win more than 9 in 13 and 14 with all his guys
And in year 3 Brian Kelly went 12-0 and was in a title game.

Freeman inherited a turn key home, and if you believe fans will be patient with an 8-4 or even 9-3 first season, you're wrong.

Last edited:
Its not an excuse. I'm being realistic.

Clemson went 9 and 3 last year by the way in case you missed that

And we are not Alabama, Georgia, OSU or Clemson yet.

We are a notch below the elite teams
No Golson my man. I know you. You are better than this. Come on. We have to put Kelly in rear view. Freeman is getting talent out gazoo. Look at last years abbreviated class when he was only here from Feb on. Top class. Especially defense. It’s time to think like it’s a Lou team. I mean we have played UGA tight twice recently. The Bama game with their Heisman wr was competitive minus his big plays. We should be in that top tier imo soon

Reactions: pem55
And in year 3 Brian Kelly went 12-0 and was in a title game.

Freeman inherited a turn key home, and if you believe fans will be patient with an 8-4 or even 9-3 first season, you're wrong.
Yeah. And outside of that he struggled.

And 4 and 8 is just awful

I said 9 and 3 is the low mark, not 8 and 4

No Golson my man. I know you. You are better than this. Come on. We have to put Kelly in rear view. Freeman is getting talent out gazoo. Look at last years abbreviated class when he was only here from Feb on. Top class. Especially defense. It’s time to think like it’s a Lou team. I mean we have played UGA tight twice recently. The Bama game with their Heisman wr was competitive minus his big plays. We should be in that top tier imo soon
Soon hopefully. But not now. Not yet. We haven't beaten any of them. We haven't won a playoff game... yet. I believe we get there. But I'm being realistic on this year. Between 9 and 12 wins, my prediction right now is 10

Don't forget MF only has 1 class on campus. And they are freshman.

Yeah. And outside of that he struggled.

And 4 and 8 is just awful

I said 9 and 3 is the low mark, not 8 and 4
Marcus Freeman walked into a newly renovated home.

The newly renovated home is why Brian Kelly received 95 million guaranteed from LSU.

Twist that any way you wish.

Marcus Freeman walked into a newly renovated home.

The newly renovated home is why Brian Kelly received 95 million guaranteed from LSU.

Twist that any way you wish.
Yep.

Thats why I said such a good record. Between 9 and 12 wins

If the schedule was as weak as last year, Id say 10 is the low mark and 12 is the high.

But the schedule is tougher so I dropped it down to 9 thru 12

Yep.

Thats why I said such a good record. Between 9 and 12 wins

If the schedule was as weak as last year, Id say 10 is the low mark and 12 is the high.

But the schedule is tougher so I dropped it down to 9 thru 12
How do you know how strong the schedule will be until the games are played?

How do you know how strong the schedule will be until the games are played?
Why do you think Notre Dame should win more than 10 games this year?

I'm assuming you are using recent team success, recruiting and projecting what teams have coming back.

Thats what I'm using to say we'll have a tougher schedule

Ohio State
Clemson
USC
BYU

Then every team has 1 close game that shouldnt be close.

Thats 5 possible trip up games to me. I say we win 3 of those and am predicting 10 and 2

Why do you think Notre Dame should win more than 10 games this year?

I'm assuming you are using recent team success, recruiting and projecting what teams have coming back.

Thats what I'm using to say we'll have a tougher schedule

Ohio State
Clemson
USC
BYU

Then every team has 1 close game that shouldnt be close.

Thats 5 possible trip up games to me. I say we win 3 of those and am predicting 10 and 2
Why is 10-2 now the floor at Notre Dame? When the previous Head Coach goes 44-6 the last 4 seasons in South Bend with 2 Playoff appearances, and one of the seasons was cut short by 2 games, expectations rise.

Why is 10-2 now the floor at Notre Dame? When the previous Head Coach goes 44-6 the last 4 seasons in South Bend with 2 Playoff appearances, and one of the seasons was cut short by 2 games, expectations rise.
Because we have lost 2 games in 4 of the last 5 seasons. Only once did we only lose 1 game

And the schedule is tougher.

We brought back Kelly after a 4 and 8 season so obviously we arent that impatient
A costly contract extension is a great way to learn patience. IF BK went 4-8 in 2015 then Jack S would likely have been spurred to action.

Brian Kelly inherited a shit show from fired Charlie Weis. The program was awful.

Marcus Freeman inherited quite a different situation.
I would guess at least 8 out of 10 CFB coaches would want to have the 2010 ND roster even without Clausen&Tate. What say you?

Reactions: NDinNJ and d1042
Why does no one correct for power rankings in these arguments? Last year's schedule went splat.

Because we have lost 2 games in 4 of the last 5 seasons. Only once did we only lose 1 game

And the schedule is tougher.
Outstanding narrative. Two playoff appearances in the last 4 seasons from Brian Kelly, and Marcus Freeman has walked into a robust, healthy program.

If Marcus Freeman does not make the 4-team playoff early in his South Bend career, he will be criticized.

Outstanding narrative. Two playoff appearances in the last 4 seasons from Brian Kelly, and Marcus Freeman has walked into a robust, healthy program.

If Marcus Freeman does not make the 4-team playoff early in his South Bend career, he will be criticized.
And he should be.

Did you change the narrative from this year to early in his career there?

Because we have been talking about the 22 season

And he should be.

Did you change the narrative from this year to early in his career there?

Because we have been talking about the 22 season
I don't follow or understand your question.

I am rooting hard for Marcus Freeman, and frankly, I believe he is going to be successful, no matter what happens in Columbus. He has proven he can recruit at a high level, and that fact alone is going to carry him far. The rest, we will see.

I don't follow or understand your question.

I am rooting hard for Marcus Freeman, and frankly, I believe he is going to be successful, no matter what happens in Columbus. He has proven he can recruit at a high level, and that fact alone is going to carry him far. The rest, we will see.
You went from talking about this season and the fan reaction to his early career as a head coach.

We were all talking about this season in particular

Even your idol Driskell said 9-3 was a failure. ND nation isn’t patient. This is NOT a transition year.
Dude, you can't wait for Freeman to fail and I don't understand why. Give the guy a chance. Brian Kelly had 12 years - I repeat - 12 friggin' years here. Don't try to run Freeman off after one. His team may be worse than 9-3 or the Irish might be national champions. No one knows until they step on the field and play out this schedule. Hell, Lou Holtz went 5-6 his first year. He recovered rather nicely.

There is only one team on our schedule that has a true advantage and that is OSU (Experience, talent, Home Game).

USC / Clemson could be a split. 10-2 would be a good first year, 11-1 would be a phenomenal 1st year.

Reactions: Golson5
Because the previous coach was at ND for 7 years before he went on that run. Don't give me the program was a disaster, not in year 7 it wasn't if BK had his players and his program stamped on it.

9-3 is the low bar for year 1. Lou Holtz inherited a talented team and went 5-6 his first year and 8-4 his second. I believe by year 3 MF will be on the cusp of a championship, if not winning one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT