ADVERTISEMENT

Didn’t realize Freeman was 14-7 overall as a head coach

I think MF is still the man for the job. He got stuck with two OC’s that were average. This year s schedule was brutal. The talent level has increased since he has been there. ND should have beat OSU this year who is always competitive in the bowl series.

I don't know if anyone corrected the initial stated record of coach Freeman or not, but his record is: 18–8 (.692). I am a diehard Notre Dame sports fan and have been for years. I don't know if some of the so-called fans or experts would rather see the Irish lose or not, but it seems that way at times. I understand that message boards are designed for opinions, but when these opinions lack fact or foundation, it amounts to just hot air! I do understand that some have hidden agendas, but if you are truly a University of Notre Dame sports fan - let's cheer them on instead of providing commentary with no bases and tearing them down. We are going in the right direction relative to the football team and many of the negatives will reverse and we will be ok. If coach Holtz believes in coach Freeman, I am on that bandwagon.

I think that I can factually state that if you are indeed a fan - we all want to win at the end of the day and we will!!! I can proudly say - Go Irish!!!!!!!

I don't know if anyone corrected the initial stated record of coach Freeman or not, but his record is: 18–8 (.692). I am a diehard Notre Dame sports fan and have been for years. I don't know if some of the so-called fans or experts would rather see the Irish lose or not, but it seems that way at times. I understand that message boards are designed for opinions, but when these opinions lack fact or foundation, it amounts to just hot air! I do understand that some have hidden agendas, but if you are truly a University of Notre Dame sports fan - let's cheer them on instead of providing commentary with no bases and tearing them down. We are going in the right direction relative to the football team and many of the negatives will reverse and we will be ok. If coach Holtz believes in coach Freeman, I am on that bandwagon.

I think that I can factually state that if you are indeed a fan - we all want to win at the end of the day and we will!!! I can proudly say - Go Irish!!!!!!!
So are you suggesting these subversive fans maybe ought to be canceled? Call the FBI or something, get the deep state on the case? I'm kidding of course. But I don't know if getting MF's career record at ND wrong, accidentlally on purpose or not, counts as having an agenda. Mainly I think when this thread was first started that was MF's record at the time....

Yes, Marcus Freeman's record is 18-8, which includes the NY6 Bowl game loss to Oklahoma State.

After that diatribe I conclude BK is a complete and total D-Bag. He's arrogant as hell and people didn't like him because A. Hes a douche. B- hes an arrogant prick. C- He threw his players under the bus numerous times. D- Never took responsibility for his losses, and F - NEVER won a Championship(all blow outs) and very very few big games in 12 years. I do agree with you that MF better find an OC who knows what hes doing and jacks replacement needs to pay the money to get him, whoever that is.
Not remotely close to being accurate

BK’s departure had nothing to do with the ND fan base

What I like in year 2 of Marcus Freeman is that the offense improved pretty dramatically from the previous season, and ND produced a 10th ranked overall F+ in 2023 (up from 23rd ranked F+ the year prior), that kind of improvement is nothing to sneeze at. Who knows there might be another big jump in year 3 under MF (he's still so raw we're still trying to assess what his potential as a HC is, anything is possible at this point)

I also noticed that player development has been excellent on the defensive side of the ball. That coaching staff on defense is rock solid at all levels of the defense.

If Denbrock can make an Al Golden-like impact on the offense, ND might be a pretty darn good football team next year.

Last edited:
Team had a lot of talent on both sides of the ball.
So what. If your recruiting involves ignoring certain positions on offense and defense, especially on defense, that's what you get. 6-6.

When you bring up the fact Marcus Freeman is 18-8 which is 69% Winning Percentage. And the ND football program after the 4-8 reset was 54-9 the 5 years prior to Freeman taking the reins which is a 85% winning percentage. The program has gone backwards from where it was (2017 to 2021). This is where the "Yeah, but Brian Kelly...) crowd predictably comes in with all the usual excuses. Means nothing after 2 years and 26 games.

IMO his bowl game and the opener are pivot points. Before you say I am being hyperbolic, imagine this message board if ND were to win both games, and then imagine this message board if ND were to lose both games? It would range from where ND is going to be seeded in the CFP playoffs, and will they get a home game. To fire Freeman.

Reactions: 4-4-3
So what. If your recruiting involves ignoring certain positions on offense and defense, especially on defense, that's what you get. 6-6.
No you don't. The team had talent on both sides of the ball. Poor coaching was the reason they stunk

Lot of NFL players on offense and defense on that team

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Throw out year one. Their top 2 QBs were so bad they are out of football a year later. If it wasnt obvious to anyone they were 2 players for this level months ago or even a year ago,it should be now. 9-4 last year was a miracle and a great job by freeman/ rees

Why was this stinking corpse of a post resurrected? Yikes.

Marcus has made all of the right moves since the Stanford win. Dembrock couldn't be a better hire and he's a perfect fit for Riley Leonard. Marcus' record is better than Lou's first two years. Give him time -- he inherited the worst QB room in many years (then his starter went down!) and still won 9 games. The administration didn't back him for his first choice of OC -- and he had to go with a newbie. And he still won 9 games.

Now he has his team in place. '24 is going to be special.

No you don't. The team had talent on both sides of the ball. Poor coaching was the reason they stunk

Lot of NFL players on offense and defense on that team
"The team had talent."

Yeah, no shit.

I cant imagine the meltdown with everyone touting how bad OSU is going to be due to all their losses on the team.
I watched Oregon State three times this season, including watching them take Washington to the wire. There's a reason their head coach was hired by Michigan State.

Notre Dame was challenged on offense all season, and many on offense opted out ot transferred. Yes, I realize Oregon State lost personnel as well. Still, IMO, this will be a tough game to win.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
I watched Oregon State three times this season, including watching them take Washington to the wire. There's a reason their head coach was hired by Michigan State.

Notre Dame was challenged on offense all season, and many on offense opted out ot transferred. Yes, I realize Oregon State lost personnel as well. Still, IMO, this will be a tough game to win.
Yet somehow they finished top 10 in scoring offense. You act like we are Iowa

Yet somehow they finished top 10 in scoring offense. You act like we are Iowa
I said "challenged..." Not Iowa. Iowa is good for a nap. And you know damn well the Notre Dame offense was challenged in 2023.

I said "challenged..." Not Iowa. Iowa is good for a nap. And you know damn well the Notre Dame offense was challenged in 2023.
Well, considering ND will have for the most part new offensive personnel along with several new coaches, what the offense did this year is a moot point. Whether the offense was challenged or great, means nothing for this bowl game due to coaching and player turnover.

Well, considering ND will have for the most part new offensive personnel along with several new coaches, what the offense did this year is a moot point. Whether the offense was challenged or great, means nothing for this bowl game due to coaching and player turnover.
???? What are you talking about?

???? What are you talking about?
Are you dense? The offensive players that will take the field in the Sun Bowl will look vastly different from the offensive players that took the field during the season. Hence, you can't compare what the offense did during the season to what the offense will do in the bowl game. Add-in coaching turnover, like the OC, WR coach, which adds to the difference.

It's not that hard to understand, oh except for the mentally challenged like you.

Are you dense? The offensive players that will take the field in the Sun Bowl will look vastly different from the offensive players that took the field during the season. Hence, you can't compare what the offense did during the season to what the offense will do in the bowl game. Add-in coaching turnover, like the OC, WR coach, which adds to the difference.

It's not that hard to understand, oh except for the mentally challenged like you.
I am still trying to figure out USC kicking the shit out of Louisville.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT