ADVERTISEMENT

Didn’t realize Freeman was 14-7 overall as a head coach

Yeah you said challenged all season. That was incorrect
I am not incorrect. Ohio St., Clemson, Louisville, all losses, and Duke, the offense was challenged. Could not generate offense consistently in those games.

And that was essentially the season to get into the CFB Playoff.

Again. Challenged.

Navy, Pitt, Central Michigan, USC, NC State, Wake Forest, etc., they were fine.

I am not incorrect. Ohio St., Clemson, Louisville, all losses, and Duke, the offense was challenged. Could not generate offense consistently in those games.

And that was essentially the season to get into the CFB Playoff.

Again. Challenged.

Navy, Pitt, Central Michigan, USC, NC State, Wake Forest, etc., they were fine.
So you were wrong. They weren't challenged all season. They struggled in 3 of the 12 games.

At least you admitted fault

So you were wrong. They weren't challenged all season. They struggled in 3 of the 12 games.

At least you admitted fault
When your offense sucks in games 5, 6, 7, and 10...against the 4 toughest teams you play, yeah, you were challenged all season.

Are you dense? The offensive players that will take the field in the Sun Bowl will look vastly different from the offensive players that took the field during the season. Hence, you can't compare what the offense did during the season to what the offense will do in the bowl game. Add-in coaching turnover, like the OC, WR coach, which adds to the difference.

It's not that hard to understand, oh except for the mentally challenged like you.
The can't continue IMHO

Teams bust their butts all year for this moment to play in a bowl game and then the selfish will leave the team (and very few of them are going to the NFL) for a chance to play on another one leaving their teammates hanging

You are correct NDinNJ......"The offensive players that will take the field in the Sun Bowl will look vastly different from the offensive players that took the field during the season"
If opting out is a new part of the game it shouldn't be allowed till February

Reactions: NDinNJ
When your offense sucks in games 5, 6, 7, and 10...against the 4 toughest teams you play, yeah, you were challenged all season.
You always say every game matters. Win the next one.

In our 9 wins, we averaged 45ppg.

We weren't challenged all season.

You were wrong. It's okay

For the mathematically challenged posters, that % equates to an 8-4 record. Frankly, I think that is the coach he is going to be. Not necessarily bad enough to justify firing after a few seasons, but far from good enough to excite and rejuvenate a program.

With the talent gap ND has compared to most of their schedule, I can’t see how Freeman isn’t a 10-2 coach. You’ll lose a game here or there, that’s fine… but Marshall, Stanford, Louisville, blowing huge dbl digit lead against Oklahoma State in the bowl game, and the 4th quarter meltdown against OSU this year? Heck last week they needed a miracle on 4th and 16 against Duke (yes, Duke is an improved team, but ND has out recruited them SIGNIFICANTLY over the past 5 years). If Hartman doesn’t make that play with his legs, Freeman is 13-8 and 4-3 on the year. It’s so dang frustrating! And to make the situation worse, he inherited a team who went 44-6 in their last 50 games. It’s not like this was a 1-11 football team prior!

Aside from their W/L record, this team is not a good football team. That’s my biggest gripe. They are an extremely talented team (and by extension a dangerous team), just poorly coached with no discipline or emphasis on fundamentals.
Interesting stats today after a 10 win season.

Tied for most wins in two seasons EVER.

Most wins against AP top 25 in two seasons.

2-0 in bowls. Last couch to so that was Lou.

Kinda feels like he is doing pretty pretty good. Best of all smokes BK’a first two seasons. I like where he has us going.

Reactions: NDinNJ
Interesting stats today after a 10 win season.

Tied for most wins in two seasons EVER.

Most wins against AP top 25 in two seasons.

2-0 in bowls. Last couch to so that was Lou.

Kinda feels like he is doing pretty pretty good. Best of all smokes BK’a first two seasons. I like where he has us going.
The BK circle jerkers club won’t like your empirical facts!

• Haha
Reactions: ftnfan62
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT