ADVERTISEMENT

ND - wf game thread ...

You are delusional if you think that Wimbush throws the ball as well as book

Wimbush throws a better deep ball … Book throws better 5 yd passes …. recall the pass to J Armstrong on 3rd down last week … a tough throw and a great one …. huge at that point in the game …. and Wimbush is by far the better runner

God help us when we play someone good and we have to throw it longer than 5 yds … on 3rd and long we might as well punt

Totally different play calling for the 2 QB's

a better field goal kicker and the game is closer ! Wake looks pretty bad ! We should cruise to big win
During the 2nd half !

This has to be the dumbest board of all time …. ND has thrown the ball on 1st down already more than they have all year ….. 8 times .... they did this zero times the entire UM game ...Book is doing nothing that Wimbush can't … one TD was a long TD run … another was a 5 yd drive set up by the punt return … another TD was set up by a negative yds pass that went for 50 yds to the 5 …..

We are up to 9 passes on 1st down …. meanwhile zero throws down the field
You just might be the dumbest poster I've read. Go away

I just laugh my ass off at anyone acting like we’d have 28 points w Wimbush out there. Gotta be kidding me. How blind are you people?! Book can go downfield too. He tried on the one play call and the line didn’t hold up for shit, the one sack.

How many times has he gone downfield today? … successfully? …. I think once for 12 yds to the TE ….

albeit a play action pass on 1st down

my gawd

People are bitching about the offensive effort. Unreal. This is a much better effort. I for one am enjoying the play so far.

BW may be the more athletic of the two (Wimbush and Book), but Book seems to play with more urgency, seems to be more crisp, is able to hit the short passes that coach loves so much.

Reactions: NotreDomer1
Wimbush throws a better deep ball … Book throws better 5 yd passes …. recall the pass to J Armstrong on 3rd down last week … a tough throw and a great one …. huge at that point in the game …. and Wimbush is by far the better runner

God help us when we play someone good and we have to throw it longer than 5 yds … on 3rd and long we might as well punt

How many times has the Wimbush led offense put up 28 points in a game this season? 3 chances and zero. Book and this offense 1 time in half a game. Yes wake isn’t good but neither was Ball st and neither is Vandy.

Reactions: GoldCountryND
You just might be the dumbest poster I've read. Go away

The difference between ignorance and stupidity is that ignorance is capable of understanding but hasn't been taught while stupid is incapable of understanding …. guess which one you are

How many times has the Wimbush led offense put up 28 points in a game this season? 3 chances and zero. Book and this offense 1 time in half a game. Yes wake isn’t good but neither was Ball st and neither is Vandy.

How many times has BK let Wimbush throw the ball on 1st down? …. and how many TD drives did Wimbush get to go 5 yds? …. :eek:

Wimbush throws a better deep ball, my ass. He throws everything up for grabs or overthrows his receiver by a mile. When it comes to complete a short pass, he bounces them or throws them into the sidelines.

Reactions: GDFan
Hard to argue with the results so far without looking dumb.

The results are easily explained … I guess Book gets credit for 50 yd TD run … then a punt return to the 5 … a negative yd pass that goes 55 yds … and getting to throw the ball on 1st down more times in 1 qtr than Wimbush was allowed in 3 games … dumbest board of all time

All the Book fans nowhere to be seen all year come out of the woodwork today … and it is clear why you should've stayed there

Wimbush throws a better deep ball, my ass. He throws everything up for grabs or overthrows his receiver by a mile. When it comes to complete a short pass, he bounces them or throws them into the sidelines.
Agree. The Fink TD catch vs M. should have been picked. Would have been if their 1st string safety hadn't gotten thrown out.

The results are easily explained … I guess Book gets credit for 50 yd TD run … then a punt return to the 5 … a negative yd pass that goes 55 yds … and getting to throw the ball on 1st down more times in 1 qtr than Wimbush was allowed in 3 games … dumbest board of all time

All the Book fans nowhere to be seen all year come out of the woodwork today … and it is clear why you should've stayed there

What’s clear is that you’re a complete jackass.

Wimbush struggled hitting the WR screens. He never threw intermediate passes and every deep ball was either overthrown or thrown up for grabs.

Reactions: PHJIndy

A lot stronger arm … look at the throw to J Armstrong last week … and because of the crappy play calling … which has been very well noted for the 1st 3 games …. all of his deep throws are against defenses defending 3rd and long

I know WF's TD came after a drive extending penalty. Were there any others?

How many times has he gone downfield today? … successfully? …. I think once for 12 yds to the TE ….

albeit a play action pass on 1st down

my gawd

It’s not necessary to go downfield often to score a lot of points. Book would have done this against Ball St and Vandy too. When Brandon is ON he’s phenomenal but he’s OFF far too often. Book just executes much more of the playbook well than Wimbush.

Last edited:

He got the ball to his playmaker, He also throws the wide receiver screen which we run six times a game better. And the fact you think that be throws a better deep ball shows how delusional you are. He may be able to throw the ball deeper, but he throws it up for grabs. Do you want to give him credit for the Finke touchdown in week one? That was a poorly under thrown ball that fink made a play on. Should have been a int.

Agree. The Fink TD catch vs M. should have been picked. Would have been if their 1st string safety hadn't gotten thrown out.

That one throw agreeably wasn't his best … but Book can barley get it down there

What’s clear is that you’re a complete jackass.

He fails to grasp that Kelly will try to throw on first down and if he has success will keep it up, but if his QB can't complete the throws, he reverts quickly to running on first down.

As much as I am enjoying seeing a quarterback who can get the ball out quickly and on target, I'd love to see Kelly use Wimbush in the second half almost as a pure running QB.

This. I said after the Michigan game that our receivers made good plays on those throws but eventually those passes will be picked off. Book may not be the athlete that Wimbush is but he has more touch on his passes and is more confident putting the ball where it needs to be.

Acts...like...smartest....guy.....in....the...room.....doesn’t.....know....how....to...use....proper....punctuation...

It's a message board …. not a term paper … I've written both …. this is what you resort to? …. LOL!

Good news everyone...there's a Notre Dame game on so you don't have to figure out the Book vs Wimbush thing right this second.

Again. I’ll repeeat julian Okwara is SOOO much better than Hayes. Hayes just doesn’t make plays man.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT