ADVERTISEMENT

ND - wf game thread ...

It’s not necessary to score a lot of points. Book would have done this against Ball St and Vandy too. When Brandon is ON he’s phenomenal but he’s OFF far too often. Book just executes much more of the playbook well than Wimbush.

If they let Wimbush throw the ball on 1st down rather than remain totally predictable and get constantly stuck in long 2nd and 3rd down distance he could easily do the same and likely better with his added athleticism

Wake RB literally stands behind the lineman waiting for a hole. Gap discipline boys.

If they let Wimbush throw the ball on 1st down rather than remain totally predictable and get constantly stuck in long 2nd and 3rd down distance he could easily do the same and likely better with his added athleticism
Wimbush throw on first down......incomplete 2nd and 10

He fails to grasp that Kelly will try to throw on first down and if he has success will keep it up, but if his QB can't complete the throws, he reverts quickly to running on first down.

As much as I am enjoying seeing a quarterback who can get the ball out quickly and on target, I'd love to see Kelly use Wimbush in the second half almost as a pure running QB.

Wrong ... Wimbush may miss an occasional short throw but he completes most of them … puhleeze …. you've never seen him throw the ball enough in a game to know he can't do it … 90% of his throws are 3rd and long … I'd be willing to bet his completion % on 1st down … albeit a small sample … is very high

So you prefer a guy that

so....have.....I.....

then you should know the difference … it doesn't look like it … but like I pointed out … you can't dispute football so you had to try and make it about something else ….. weak :)

Irish need TD here and pour it on. Coming out with a purpose in the second half. I like it. Irish appear to be in great physical shape too. Really like seeing that when it’s brutal conditions. Thumbs up to training staff.

then you should know the difference … it doesn't look like it … but like I pointed out … you can't dispute football so you had to try and make it about something else ….. weak :)
You win. I apologize. Your stupidity brought out the worst in me.

You either have a personal bias towards Wimbush or are unbelievably stubborn in acknowledging the obvious.

How many times has BK let Wimbush throw the ball on 1st down? …. and how many TD drives did Wimbush get to go 5 yds? …. :eek:

So what you are insinuated is that BK and JQ are purposefully sabotaging Wimbush? What would the purpose be? If they preferred Book, why didn't they just give him the job in the Spring? Does that make sense to you at all?

Barring any injury, Book should be getting the nod from here on out. They want to use Wimbush on some change of pace plays inside the 10, so be it. This offense is so much better with Book at QB and with two huge games vs Stanford and at Virginia Tech coming up they have their guy.

Retreat is your best plan when your painfully wrong
I'm just gonna say it you have no clue what u r talking about. Wimbush has terrible footwork and struggles going through his progressions.. Love him as a person but Book is the better quarterback. Wimbush never would have seen Claypool on the crossing route..

Reactions: HuddleBurger
Book has played well. There shouldnt be too many complaints about his play

Book is playing well … agree … he isn't doing anything Wimbush can't … he is clearly given a better game
plan to work with to improve his chance for success

So what you are insinuated is that BK and JQ are purposefully sabotaging Wimbush? What would the purpose be? If they preferred Book, why didn't they just give him the job in the Spring? Does that make sense to you at all?

It's truly baffling …. it doesn't make sense … BK has proven he can screw up any QB situation …. I want to call this Tommy Rees 2.0 … although I think Book is better than Rees by far

I'm just gonna say it you have no clue what u r talking about. Wimbush has terrible footwork and struggles going through his progressions.. Love him as a person but Book is the better quarterback. Wimbush never would have seen Claypool on the crossing route..

You can't say he wouldn't have seen him …. no way to say either way … so your grasping for truth because you don't have any

If you saw the deep ball he just threw … no zip … more like a jump ball because he doesn't have the arm strength and because of that was also behind the WR which allowed the DB to catch up

You can't say he wouldn't have seen him …. no way to say either way … so your grasping for truth because you don't have any

If you saw the deep ball he just threw … no zip … more like a jump ball because he doesn't have the arm strength and because of that was also behind the WR which allowed the DB to catch up
I dont know to many quarterbacks that have zip on the ball sixty yards down the field..Keep talking it's obvious you never played football or know squat about it.. Wimbuch never went past his second read.. So yes I can...

Yeah, and so was Wimbush’s TD against Michigan. The WR just happened to make the play.

If you ever played Outfield in baseball you'd know that line drives are harder to get a read on than pop corn fly balls …

The throw against UM was a line drive not a jump ball …. Book throws pop corn fly balls when he goes deep

Book is playing well … agree … he isn't doing anything Wimbush can't … he is clearly given a better game
plan to work with to improve his chance for success

Just stop. He does some things better than Brandon. Short and intermediate passing being one of them. No doubt about it.

I dont know to many quarterbacks that have zip on the ball sixty yards down the field..Keep talking it's obvious you never played football or know squat about it.. Wimbuch never went past his second read.. So yes I can...

You don't think Wimbush can throw the ball 60 yds with some zip … your football IQ is really high??? …. you're obviously not someone qualified to judge others

ADVERTISEMENT