ADVERTISEMENT

ND - wf game thread ...

Just stop. He does some things better than Brandon. Short and intermediate passing being one of them. No doubt about it.

Book is better at short throws …. given … but Wimbush is better at basically everything else …. and it's not like he is that much better at short throws

Wrong ... Wimbush may miss an occasional short throw but he completes most of them … puhleeze …. you've never seen him throw the ball enough in a game to know he can't do it … 90% of his throws are 3rd and long … I'd be willing to bet his completion % on 1st down … albeit a small sample … is very high

When it comes to completing 3 yard passes and screens on 1st downs, it's not just about the completion. That is a given. What I am seeing today is the receivers catching the ball on the run... in the flow of the play. That allows for YAC. With Wimbush, it almost always seems the the receiver is picking the screen up off their shoes. Or stopping to pull in a ball that is behind them. Or go up in the air to catch a ball. All of that allows the defense to recover. Almost every bubble screen today was gone for at least 4 to 5 yards. That is a good ball control play. That only happens when you are catching the ball on the move. Wimbush has played in 17 games spanning 3 years, he is a 51% completion guy. Book has played in parts of 11 games, he is a 63% completion guy. Do not tell me it is all because BK is trying to sabotage Wimbush's abilities for 3 years.

Good call by Kelly at halftime.......double team #3 and they get an interception..........Another nice throw by Book to Claypool.....now one more score and time to let Wimbush get some snaps

Book is better at short throws …. given … but Wimbush is better at basically everything else …. and it's not like he is that much better at short throws

Just not true man. If you can’t see how well run this offense is with him in there I don’t know what to tell ya. Everything is feeding off his decision making and reads. Brandon never does this as well.

Reactions: VTND
When it comes to completing 3 yard passes and screens on 1st downs, it's not just about the completion. That is a given. What I am seeing today is the receivers catching the ball on the run... in the flow of the play. That allows for YAC. With Wimbush, it almost always seems the the receiver is pickinthe screen up off their shoes. Or stopping to pull in a ball that is behind them. Or go up in the air to catch a ball. All of that allows the defense to recover. Almost every bubble screen today was gone for at least 4 to 5 yards. That is a good ball control play. That only happens when you are catching the ball on the move. Wimbush has played in 17 games spanning 3 years, he is a 51% completion guy. Book has played in parts of 11 games, he is a 63% completion guy. Do not tell me it is all because BK is trying to sabotage Wimbush's abilities for 3 years.

Book is better at short throws … but not that much better … nobody can say Wimbush is that bad because we've never seen it … he only gets to throw on 3rd and long 90% of the time

the difference between Wimbush and Book right now is that Book is making the right reads, and keeping drives alive - that is a big deal...

it's a shame, because BW has a ton of talent, and is the best playmaker on the team - if he could manage the game better, and complete better than 50%, he would basically be Lamar Jackson...

we haven't heard the last from Wimbush, I hope - killing me watching that talent wearing a headset...

Just not true man. If you can’t see how well run this offense is with him in there I don’t know what to tell ya. Everything is feeding off his decision making and reads. Brandon never does this as well.

It's playcalling … until today 95% of plays on 1st down are a run up the middle … bad teams can stop that when they know it's coming … and when you do it 95% of the time … they know it's coming

Book runs it how Long wants him too. Keeps the defense fresh. Love BW, he will be a big part of the team as the season grinds on.

It's playcalling … until today 95% of plays on 1st down are a run up the middle … bad teams can stop that when they know it's coming … and when you do it 95% of the time … they know it's coming

No, it’s not just play calling. I’ll give you that play calling was shitty in those earlier games but I believe it was because Long wasn’t trusting Brandon to execute. Bad match between player and coach.

Reactions: GDFan
Book is better at short throws … but not that much better … nobody can say Wimbush is that bad because we've never seen it … he only gets to throw on 3rd and long 90% of the time

Then you have not watched much over the last three years. I have seen plenty of bubble screens and short yardage passes where Wimbush is just too inconsistent. Did you ever think there is a reason that the OC is not calling those plays anymore for Wimbush?

Awful series by the D. Almost looked tired. WTF. Back up crappy QB for Wake and D gets torched. Pisses me off.

Awful series by the D. Almost looked tired. WTF. Back up crappy QB for Wake and D gets torched. Pisses me off.

WF's 2nd string QB is like a FB playing QB. He's 6'4", 240 lbs. Packs quite a load. Looks like ND wasn't ready for this.

When it comes to completing 3 yard passes and screens on 1st downs, it's not just about the completion. That is a given. What I am seeing today is the receivers catching the ball on the run... in the flow of the play. That allows for YAC. With Wimbush, it almost always seems the the receiver is picking the screen up off their shoes. Or stopping to pull in a ball that is behind them. Or go up in the air to catch a ball. All of that allows the defense to recover. Almost every bubble screen today was gone for at least 4 to 5 yards. That is a good ball control play. That only happens when you are catching the ball on the move. Wimbush has played in 17 games spanning 3 years, he is a 51% completion guy. Book has played in parts of 11 games, he is a 63% completion guy. Do not tell me it is all because BK is trying to sabotage Wimbush's abilities for 3 years.

But of course it is. Lay off Buguit. He has to carry around the weight of being right all the time.

Now the clock is gonna burn to where Jurkovec isn’t gonna get more than one series. Come on D!!! Finish the damn game as strong as the O!

Reactions: NDIRISH53
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT