ADVERTISEMENT

ND - Vandy Game Thread

Thank god we have Yoon and the D. We can’t get in the end zone with a one dimensional offense. Wimbush is and will never be a good passer. Give book a shot!!!!

Same story every week with Wimbush. Hits a few passes on the first drive, offense has a rhythm and they get down the field and score. After that they become predictable, gimmicky and do too much east/west instead of north/south. Book needs to be the starter.

The offense is lethargic and slow to start with Wimbush. At some point you would figure a change would be made. We will need the pass to beat Stanford, usc, va tech.

Don’t get that timeout by Kelly unless he saw something they were up to. It gives them a chance to draw something up

Look, BW just doesn't pass the eye test for a QB that you can rely on. He's a 50% completion passer. And always will be. The OL gashed VU and the ground game is clicking. That should help a QBs passing % but it doesn't seem to help BW. I'm not saying Book would be any better at this point. It is what it is. But every time he goes back to pass, I hold my breath.

Reactions: GoldCountryND
I agree 100% but our QB throwing is our limiting factor.
Sure I get that too. But if BW is throwing I prefer it on 2ND and 1 than 3rd and long. Last two games he has been under 50% passing only on 3rd down...he was passing for 75% on 1St down throws. You know, when the defense is keying on the running play they know is coming almost every time...

Defense looks good. Need to keep the pressure up. I don't care what Flutie keeps saying I don't think their QB is that good.

Come on IRISH!!!!!!!! 3 and out and then a TD and lets put this game away.

Sure I get that too. But if BW is throwing I prefer it on 2ND and 1 than 3rd and long. Last two games he has been under 50% passing only on 3rd down...he was passing for 75% on 1St down throws. You know, when the defense is keying on the running play they know is coming almost every time...
I see your point. My perspective is pound the D on 2nd and 1 with BW at QB. Now if our QB was dependable, sign me up. He's not , so the odds of converting are actually higher if you pound it forward. And do you see any real progression with him? Mainly on his reads. His decision process scares me.

Reactions: GoldCountryND
Flutie thinks every opposing Quarterback is the next Heisman Trophy winner. In the Van Gorder years they all played like one. We have a solid Defense now.

Same story every week with Wimbush. Hits a few passes on the first drive, offense has a rhythm and they get down the field and score. After that they become predictable, gimmicky and do too much east/west instead of north/south. Book needs to be the starter.

Exactly right. Something just not clicking w this offense and Brandon. I don’t know exactly what it is but this game should be like 28-3.

Look, BW just doesn't pass the eye test for a QB that you can rely on. He's a 50% completion passer. And always will be. The OL gashed VU and the ground game is clicking. That should help a QBs passing % but it doesn't seem to help BW. I'm not saying Book would be any better at this point. It is what it is. But every time he goes back to pass, I hold my breath.
Book would be better passing no question about it. He’s more accurate and the timing is better. We’ve seen it!

Reactions: BM16
Wimbush is not the quarterback that will take us to the playoff. He is not a passing Quarterback, plain and simple. Any good coach can game plan and take his one dimensional offense and shut it down

I see your point. My perspective is pound the D on 2nd and 1 with BW at QB. Now if our QB was dependable, sign me up. He's not , so the odds of converting are actually higher if you pound it forward. And do you see any real progression with him? Mainly on his reads. His decision process scares me.
Folks you are also missong the point of when the game feels in hand you want to establish tendencies that you can exploit later in the season against tougher opponents. If you start running play action on first down against ball st and vandy it will be scouted and planned for against stanford, why waste the opportunity to set those tendencies on film? Its a season not a game and success wont be determined va ball state or vandy

Reactions: knufraralou
Wimbush is not the quarterback that will take us to the playoff. He is not a passing Quarterback, plain and simple. Any good coach can game plan and take his one dimensional offense and shut it down
We arent a passing team.

I'm not saying you're wrong. I figure unless you're going to pack up the offense and just run the option (which is not smart contrary to what some people have posted) BW will have to pass some even as a run first offense. So when you have the defense at a disadvantage let WB throw with a little breathing room.

Book would be better passing no question about it. He’s more accurate and the timing is better. We’ve seen it!
Couldn’t agree more. Book is nimble enough to allow his passing ability to get him some rushing yardage. Wimbush cannot use his passing game to help him in his running game. He cannot beat you with his arm

If we run into a team that can put up 30 points on us, it’s a loss. Mark it down!

Folks you are also missong the point of when the game feels in hand you want to establish tendencies that you can exploit later in the season against tougher opponents. If you start running play action on first down against ball st and vandy it will be scouted and planned for against stanford, why waste the opportunity to set those tendencies on film? Its a season not a game and success wont be determined va ball state or vandy

You’re overthinking this. Long needs to drop a few wrinkles here and there and get a big time lead on these teams when we can. There’s no way anyone on that coaching staff thought Hey, let’s not call everything in the book so we can have Ball St attempt an onside kick at the end of the game. No way in hell. I get not calling everything but there’s got to be betterment balance. Not seeing it yet.

Defense once again carrying the Offense. I like what I see on the defensive side of the ball and think they'll get better and better... my my goodness this offense is dismal.

I officially give up on Alize Mack. Didn’t even try to block that DB on that play.

Man, Troy pride has been giving up A LOT of underneath stuff this year

Junk football. God awful offense. Holy shit. Our WRs are 6’6 beasts and we can’t ever seem to get them the ball. If I never see a wide receiver screen again I’ll be ecstatic. Dumb ass call. Sick of it.

If I’m book, I transfer. He will never get a fair shot. It has to be frustrating to watch Windish play as horrible as he does, and you go into handoff. I mean can Wimbush not take a snap behind the center and hand the ball off?

Let’s be honest, they can only call half of the playbook with Wimbush in. They are conservative because they know he is a turnover machine.

That play. Right there. 3rd and 13. A WR screen? From the 50. Not a vote of confidence from the coaches.

Long needs his Fn head examined after that shit. I’m sick n tired of this crap. I can’t believe how inefficient and poorly prepared this offense is once again.

You’re overthinking this. Long needs to drop a few wrinkles here and there and get a big time lead on these teams when we can. There’s no way anyone on that coaching staff thought Hey, let’s not call everything in the book so we can have Ball St attempt an onside kick at the end of the game. No way in hell. I get not calling everything but there’s got to be betterment balance. Not seeing it yet.
Thats not how it works sir. Players gotta play at some point

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT