ADVERTISEMENT

MORONS

How come no one responded to the one post that included actual data and metrics? Let’s do a deeper dive and see how Tommy’s O performed against Top 25 defenses, Id bet his numbers were inflated by whooping up on the cupcakes but then again he mustered 7 points through 3 quarters against Marshal and 12 yards in the 2nd half against Navy.
Offensive efficiency takes into account strength of defenses faced and takes out any garbage time play.

ND’s offensive efficiency ranks

2022: 43rd (though top 20 post the Stanford game)
2021: 27th
2020: 11th

2019: 26th
2018: 19th
2017: 12th

Offensive efficiency takes into account strength of defenses faced and takes out any garbage time play.

ND’s offensive efficiency ranks

2022: 43rd (though top 20 post the Stanford game)
2021: 27th
2020: 11th

2019: 26th
2018: 19th
2017: 12th
What about the quality of your personnel, the disparity in talent between teams, is that NOT a factor ?

Hahah

Got ya again Patty
With every post you make you prove my point, namely that you know nothing about football !

And the really scary part is that you think that you’re knowledgeable and astute.

That’s called being delusional, look up the definition !

What about the quality of your personnel, the disparity in talent between teams, is that NOT a factor ?
Absolutely it is. I thought Rees did a great job maximizing what we had personnel-wise and built an offense that as the season went on could compete with just about any team.

The USC game was a great example of this. The Trojans were more conservative offensively vs. U.S. than against just about anyone because they didn’t want to give the ball back knowing we’d go on long drives. Everything USC did was aimed at extending drives and they did and limited our chances to shorten the game with a lead as we couldn‘t get them off the field, partly due to some magic plays Williams made. Looking back, that first drive really hurt as we had been running for first downs on 3rd and medium-short for a month straight but missed a block, had to punt, couldn’t get them off the field and then had to play from behind down two possessions (0-10 deficit). That 4th and 1 on the second drive as well.

I‘m pretty sure Saban saw this adaptability and offered Rees the job. And, even if Rees wasn’t the first pick, he must have made an impression on Saban.

With every post you make you prove my point, namely that you know nothing about football !

And the really scary part is that you think that you’re knowledgeable and astute.

That’s called being delusional, look up the definition !
So the results dont matter to you. The efficiency doesnt matter.

You're grasping at straws Patty girl. Got ya again

Tommy’s personnel was far better than the majority of teams he faced, by majority like 90%.
You totally missed the point !

The same could be said for Long, but that’s NOT the issue.

The issue is the ND rosters

Look at the rosters under Long and compare them to the rosters under Rees

Long’s rosters were superior, ergo it stands to reason that their superior talent would produce better stats !

Last edited:
So the results dont matter to you. The efficiency doesnt matter.

You're grasping at straws Patty girl. Got ya again
Your stupidity knows no bounds !

That you can’t grasp the concept that superior talent will produce better stats is astounding.

Have someone who knows and understands football explain that axiom to you !

Your stupidity knows no bounds !

That you can’t grasp the concept that superior talent will produce better stats is astounding.

Have someone who knows and understands football explain that axiom to you !
Oh so you first said the facts didn't support it. Well they did

Then you said it doesnt take into account this this and this. Then the efficiency ranking that take those things like sos into account proved it. Wrong again

Now you are on your 3rd excuse, talent wasnt as good. What other excuse are you going to use next?

Reactions: sluggo69
Gotta admire Patsy's ability to take a beat down and keep coming back for more.

Oh so you first said the facts didn't support it. Well they did

Then you said it doesnt take into account this this and this. Then the efficiency ranking that take those things like sos into account proved it. Wrong again

Now you are on your 3rd excuse, talent wasnt as good. What other excuse are you going to use next?
WHY do you constantly lie and fabricate alleged statements from me.

WHY do you constantly draw conclusions and claim they’re my conclusions ?

As to your first sentence above, what is “it”

And then cite for me where I stated that facts don’t support “it”.

Then define with detailed specificity what “this, this and this” are.

You’re incoherent.
How can you not understand that efficiency rankings don’t consider, nor do they evaluate roster talent.

Disparities in roster talent produce disparate results, have someone who knows something about football explain that to you because you’re incapable of understanding the concept

Gotta admire Patsy's ability to take a beat down and keep coming back for more.
”Beat down” ?

Only an imbecile was categorize know nothing Golson5’s ramblings as a “beat down” !

He’s totally clueless ….. or do you agree with his position that Saban doesn’t know what he’s doing and that Saban made a foolish mistake in hiring Rees.

Time to step up to the plate big boy, do you agree with Golson5 and his criticism of Saban ?

YES OR NO ?

”Beat down” ?

Only an imbecile was categorize know nothing Golson5’s ramblings as a “beat down” !

He’s totally clueless ….. or do you agree with his position that Saban doesn’t know what he’s doing and that Saban made a foolish mistake in hiring Rees.

Time to step up to the plate big boy, do you agree with Golson5 and his criticism of Saban ?

YES OR NO ?
I didn't criticize Saban. Learn how to read before running your mouth. I said Chip Longs offenses were better at ND than Tommy Rees' were.

All the facts and data are on my side. And you keep coming with excuse after excuse. You're on your 3rd one now.

But I know what Tim Brown thinks about Tommys offense.... predictable!

I didn't criticize Saban. Learn how to read before running your mouth. I said Chip Longs offenses were better at ND than Tommy Rees' were.

All the facts and data are on my side. And you keep coming with excuse after excuse. You're on your 3rd one now.

But I know what Tim Brown thinks about Tommys offense.... predictable!
You’re beyond obtuse.

You did criticize Saban, you criticized his decision to hire TR.
‘How can you blatantly lie and say that you didn’t criticize Saban ?

Player talent dictates results !

When team “A’s” talent is superior to team “B’s talent, ” the high probability is that team “A’s” stats will be better than team “B’s” stats.

Long’s rosters had superior talent when compared to Rees’s rosters.

One only has to recall your blistering criticisms of the lack of talent at the QB position last year to support that premise.

Long had Ian Book, the winningest QB in ND history, as his QB for Long’s entire 3 year stint at ND. Do I need to remind you of your disdain for Buchner and Pyne as ND’s QB’s ?

You don’t have the facts on your side.
You have surface stats from two separate periods of time, but when you dive deeper into those stats it becomes evident that the teams in 2017, 2018 and 2019 had better talent than the teams in 2020, 2021 and 2022, starting with the most important and critical position, QB. Ergo, the teams in 2017, 2018 and 2019 should produce better stats.

But you can’t make the quantum leap that a team with more talent that had better stats, means that their OC was better than TR.

WHY didn’t Saban hire Chip Long if he was better ?

Last edited:
You’re beyond obtuse.

You did criticize Saban, you criticized his decision to hire TR.
‘How can you blatantly lie and say that you didn’t criticize Saban ?

Player talent dictates results !

When team “A’s” talent is superior to team “B’s talent, ” the high probability is that team “A’s” stats will be better than team “B’s” stats.

Long’s rosters had superior talent when compared to Rees’s rosters.

One only has to recall your blistering criticisms of the lack of talent at the QB position last year to support that premise.

Long had Ian Book, the winningest QB in ND history, as his QB for Long’s entire 3 year stint at ND. Do I need to remind you of your disdain for Buchner and Pyne as ND’s QB’s ?

You don’t have the facts on your side.
You have surface stats from two separate periods of time, but when you dive deeper into those stats it becomes evident that the teams in 2017, 2018 and 2019 had better talent than the teams in 2020, 2021 and 2022, starting with the most important and critical position, QB. Ergo, the teams in 2017, 2018 and 2019 should produce better stats.

But you can’t make the quantum leap that a team with more talent that had better stats, means that their OC was better than TR.

WHY didn’t Saban hire Chip Long if he was better ?
That's the best you can do?

Got ya again Patty

Facts over your feelings

Ian Book was on Chip Longs 2019 team

2019 ppg - 13th

Ian Book was on Tommy Rees' 2020 team and he was a 5th yr senior

2020 ppg - 30th

Got ya again Patty girl

Ian Book was on Chip Longs 2019 team

2019 ppg - 13th

Ian Book was on Tommy Rees' 2020 team and he was a 5th yr senior

2020 ppg - 30th

Got ya again Patty girl
It’s beyond astounding that you could be so dumb.

I was keenly aware that Ian Book was on Rees’s 2020 team.

How can you not understand that Chip Long’s teams had more talented rosters, especially at QB and WR ?

Unfortunately for you, There is no cure for stupid !

That's the best you can do?

Got ya again Patty

Facts over your feelings
It’s not the best I can do, it’s just another example of pointing out how low your football IQ is.

Nick Saban could be considered the best college football coach of all time and you’re stating that he didn’t know what he was doing when he hired TR as his OC, that he made a huge mistake in hiring TR.

And you base that on your extensive coaching experience and your extensive coaching knowledge.

Do you realize what a total know nothing fool you are by contradicting Nick Saban’s coaching decisions ?

You’re the laughing stock of this site.

No, not the best I can do, just a reminder pointing out what a fool you are by posturing that you know better than Nick Saban when it comes to coaching and coaching decisions.

Delusional doesn’t begin to describe you !

It’s beyond astounding that you could be so dumb.

I was keenly aware that Ian Book was on Rees’s 2020 team.

How can you not understand that Chip Long’s teams had more talented rosters, especially at QB and WR ?

Unfortunately for you, There is no cure for stupid !
The 20 team still had Book just like the year prior. And the OL was also back and a year older

So why the drop in production. Kyren was also better than anyone on the 19 team

What excuse will you come up with next

Got ya again Patty girl

• Haha
It’s not the best I can do, it’s just another example of pointing out how low your football IQ is.

Nick Saban could be considered the best college football coach of all time and you’re stating that he didn’t know what he was doing when he hired TR as his OC, that he made a huge mistake in hiring TR.

And you base that on your extensive coaching experience and your extensive coaching knowledge.

Do you realize what a total know nothing fool you are by contradicting Nick Saban’s coaching decisions ?

You’re the laughing stock of this site.

No, not the best I can do, just a reminder pointing out what a fool you are by posturing that you know better than Nick Saban when it comes to coaching and coaching decisions.

Delusional doesn’t begin to describe you !
I didnt state any of what you said. More lies Patty girl

I said the offense was better under Chip than it was Tommy

Got ya again Patty

• Haha
I didnt state any of what you said. More lies Patty girl

I said the offense was better under Chip than it was Tommy

Got ya again Patty
You have a short memory, that’s what you said recently, but you’ve been highly critical of Rees for years, even calling for him to be fired by Freeman, because according to you he was mediocre to poor as an OC.

But now that the greatest college football coach in modern history has hired him as his OC you look like a know nothing schmuck with egg all over your face.

You even claimed that you knew and called the plays before the ball was snapped.

You’re delusional !

OUCH !

You know nothing about football and your delusional to boot.

I know better than to argue with a crazy person, a drunk or a delusional know nothing like you, so I’ll leave you to stew over the fact that you constantly criticized TR as being inept and predictable and now you look like a total schmuck because the greatest football coach in modern times thought so highly of TR‘s skills that he hired him to be his OC.

And my last reply to you on this thread is:
Would you compare your resume, your Curriculum Vitae with Nick Saban’s

Thanks

You have a short memory, that’s what you said recently, but you’ve been highly critical of Rees for years, even calling for him to be fired by Freeman, because according to you he was mediocre to poor as an OC.

But now that the greatest college football coach in modern history has hired him as his OC you look like a know nothing schmuck with egg all over your face.

You even claimed that you knew and called the plays before the ball was snapped.

You’re delusional !

OUCH !

You know nothing about football and your delusional to boot.

I know better than to argue with a crazy person, a drunk or a delusional know nothing like you, so I’ll leave you to stew over the fact that you constantly criticized TR as being inept and predictable and now you look like a total schmuck because the greatest football coach in modern times thought so highly of TR‘s skills that he hired him to be his OC.

And my last reply to you on this thread is:
Would you compare your resume, your Curriculum Vitae with Nick Saban’s

Thanks
No I didnt state what you said

And no I haven't been critical of him. I said hes okay. I've said it since he's been here. I constantly have said he's not elite nor is he bad

Got me confused with someone else or just flat out lying

Either way, Got ya again Patty girl

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT