ADVERTISEMENT

Rees gone. Where to?

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
Along with Grubb, sources told Low that Washington receivers coach JaMarcus Shephard, tight ends coach Nick Sheridan, offensive line coach Scott Huff, director of scouting Jerret McElwain and Huskies general manager Courtney Morgan are following DeBoer to Alabama.

He had to know Saban was going to retire sooner than later. He got paid a premium for his services at Bama.

I liked Rees when he was the QB at ND. IMO someday he will be a solid OC/HC. But he is not very good. It’s like he started his coaching at 3rd base and never really developed himself as a play caller. IMO if he could just take a step back a really develop himself it would do him a world of good.

Reactions: NCDomer1
I liked Rees when he was the QB at ND. IMO someday he will be a solid OC/HC. But he is not very good. It’s like he started his coaching at 3rd base and never really developed himself as a play caller. IMO if he could just take a step back a really develop himself it would do him a world of good.
He started off as a grad assistant at NW in 2015 and it took him 5 years to work his way up to OC. He's 31 years old now. He paid his dues.

He'll find at least an OC job somewhere and get right back on track to taking over his own program someday.

I doubt if any major program will hire him, but he would be better off by taking a lesser job. Let’s face it BK is top 10 as far as head coaches go and there is no doubt the GOAT is Saban. Parker a tight end coach scored more points with less possessions. Keep in mind the clock does not stop on first downs in college football any more. I do not know what goes on behind closed doors.

I doubt if any major program will hire him, but he would be better off by taking a lesser job. Let’s face it BK is top 10 as far as head coaches go and there is no doubt the GOAT is Saban. Parker a tight end coach scored more points with less possessions. Keep in mind the clock does not stop on first downs in college football any more. I do not know what goes on behind closed doors.
When your QB play is Drew Pyne in 2022, then 24-year-old sixth year senior Sam Hartman, who has started around 50 games in 2023, expect more TD's.

When your QB play is Drew Pyne in 2022, then 24-year-old sixth year senior Sam Hartman, who has started around 50 games in 2023, expect more TD's.
Always an excuse..... Did Coan and Book not have experience? Because Parkers offense scored more than Rees' with those 2 as well?

Okay, who recruited Pyne? He had Jack Coan for a year. Everyone on this board complained about how QB’s regressed under his leadership.

Reactions: DublinND
Always an excuse..... Did Coan and Book not have experience? Because Parkers offense scored more than Rees' with those 2 as well?
Dude, like I told you. I have read your opinion on Tommy Rees for months.

No direct response. You be you.

Okay, who recruited Pyne? He had Jack Coan for a year. Everyone on this board complained about how QB’s regressed under his leadership.
I do not spend a whole lot of time criticizing Notre Dame people. I have said this many times. I personally watched Tommy Rees, as a true freshman, start at QB at USC and end a long, long losing streak to USC in 2010. I was in the Coliseum when the entire team ran to the ND fan section and celebrated. I won't criticize the man.

That said, all are entitled to opinions. Feel free.

I do not spend a whole lot of time criticizing Notre Dame people. I have said this many times. I personally watched Tommy Rees, as a true freshman, start at QB at USC and end a long, long losing streak to USC in 2010. I was in the Coliseum when the entire team ran to the ND fan section and celebrated. I won't criticize the man.

What about when he assaulted a police officer? Free pass there too?

What still sticks in my claw is the Tulsa game. I should probably let it go by now. All he had to do was throw the ball out of the end zone instead he throws an interception in the end zone. ND had chip shoot field goal to send it to over time.
It might be a while before I forget the OSU game this year.

Reactions: NDinNJ
To be fair, QB's regressed during the entire BK era. That's more on BK than Rees.

Reactions: Chitown11
And what about when Golson was caught up in the cheating scandal? What about Shembo sexual assault? Free passes all around with BK. And there are those that talk about Urban Meyer. lol a bit hypocritical no?

To be fair, QB's regressed during the entire BK era. That's more on BK than Rees.
Okay Rees was the QB coach and the OC so how is it BK’s fault? The OC at Mizzou every where he has been the QB’s got better. A major part of that is the over scheme got better. Did any of that happen under Rees?

And what about when Golson was caught up in the cheating scandal? What about Shembo sexual assault? Free passes all around with BK. And there are those that talk about Urban Meyer. lol a bit hypocritical no?
So why is sjb75 giving passes?

Aaron Hernandez committed a murder at Florida on Meyer's watch. Wasn't pursued by the Gainseville police.

The felony count for Florida players under Meyer's watch is also high.

Okay Rees was the QB coach and the OC so how is it BK’s fault? The OC at Mizzou every where he has been the QB’s got better. A major part of that is the over scheme got better. Did any of that happen under Rees?
He was the QB coach as of 2017 and became the OC in 2020, ND had issues at QB since 2010.

What still sticks in my claw is the Tulsa game. I should probably let it go by now. All he had to do was throw the ball out of the end zone instead he throws an interception in the end zone. ND had chip shoot field goal to send it to over time.
It might be a while before I forget the OSU game this year.
Was 28-27 Tulsa … the chip shot FG was to win the game.

LOL@ the "QBs regressed" argument.

We were getting above average QB production from below average talent. That is great coaching.

Also, I have a general issue with the Tommy Rees hate, especially here on the ND community forums. What message are we sending when one of our own (Tommy Rees) who has done nothing but play and coach big time football here, just gets shat on by ND fans 24/7?

Where is the home team bias at? How are we not more appreciative of the 4 years of free labor we got from Rees as a player and then the 4-5 seasons he coached here cutting his teeth and working his way up to one of the most coveted coaching positions in the sport?

He should be a shining example of how Notre Dame can maximize your prospects in life, yet ND fans just cannot stop shatting on him.

Moreover, If I was a top 1% prospect in college football ND would be one of the last places I would want to trust with my career. The fans, the university PR machine, and the university itself treat you like expendable trash (which is probably one of the reasons why ND can't gain traction with top 1% prospects anymore)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: francade

We were getting above average QB production from below average talent. That is great coaching.

Also, I have a general issue with the Tommy Rees hate, especially here on the ND community forums. What message are we sending when one of our own (Tommy Rees) who has done nothing but play and coach big time football here, just gets shat on by ND fans 24/7?

Where is the home team bias at? How are we not more appreciative of the 4 years of free labor we got from Rees as a player and then the 4-5 seasons he coached here cutting his teeth and working his way up to one of the most coveted coaching positions in the sport?

He should be a shining example of how Notre Dame can maximize your prospects in life, yet ND fans just cannot stop shatting on him.

Moreover, If I was a top 1% prospect in college football ND would be one of the last places I would want to trust with my career. The fans, the university PR machine, and the university itself treat you like expendable trash (which is probably one of the reasons why ND can't gain traction with top 1% prospects anymore)
Wow what a load of shit

Reactions: francade
That's how CW Jr. Is being developed

Total BS

What does Tommy Rees' play at USC as a frosh in 2010 have to do with discussing his performance as an OC circa 2022/ 2023?

Reactions: Telx1
I wouldn't be surprised if he got another college job, or took an NFL job in some capacity. The reasons I think he might go to the NFL are 1) his father was an NFL scout; 2) he's not a great recruiter, and wouldn't have to bother with that in the NFL; and 3) he coached in the NFL once before for a year.

Obviously Saban saw something he liked. I trust his judgement a bit

Reactions: NDinNJ
I wouldn't be surprised if he got another college job, or took an NFL job in some capacity. The reasons I think he might go to the NFL are 1) his father was an NFL scout; 2) he's not a great recruiter, and wouldn't have to bother with that in the NFL; and 3) he coached in the NFL once before for a year.
He was a NFL assistant for a year with very little imput

What a horffic take

Most 23-year-olds have little input on an NFL staff.
Okay, so he was still an assistant for a year with very little input so how does a 23 year old get an NFL job to begin with? He was not that good as a QB coach, but ends up as OC. Somebody put something in the Kool aide

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT