ADVERTISEMENT

Book out vs FSU?

Maybe. The way it sounds is he is banged up and sits it out this week. He probably can play if needed. I bet he dresses .

Maybe. The way it sounds is he is banged up and sits it out this week. He probably can play if needed. I bet he dresses .
That's what I'm hopeful for and would make more sense. I think Kelly might have said something Tuesday if it was broken ribs and he was out for an extended period.

Kelly is also full of crap, and not to be taken seriously in PCs as we all know. He said there were no injuries that would keep anyone out for FSU.

Reactions: Buguit and Kelso86
That's what I'm hopeful for and would make more sense. I think Kelly might have said something Tuesday if it was broken ribs and he was out for an extended period.

Kelly is also full of crap, and not to be taken seriously in PCs as we all know. He said there were no injuries that would keep anyone out for FSU.
BK owes it to no one to divulge any injury info or just about anything else. He's trying to get to the playoffs. Not worry about message board chatter.. There are also HIPAA laws in the state of Indiana that might be in play here, but, I don't know if sports related injuries are covered by this law. Lying is one thing. Not divulging info is in play as far as I'm concerned.

Just saw it on ESPN cracked ribs.. I agree let him sit and get better

BK owes it to no one to divulge any injury info or just about anything else. He's trying to get to the playoffs. Not worry about message board chatter.. There are also HIPAA laws in the state of Indiana that might be in play here, but, I don't know if sports related injuries are covered by this law. Lying is one thing. Not divulging info is in play as far as I'm concerned.
I'm 100% good with holding the info until now, don't get me wrong. BUT, if book has cracked ribs, Kelly lied, i'm not ok with him lying.

Back to the guy was supposedly moving to RB? Well, 9-1 isn't awful I guess. At least we won't have to watch the playoff show next week.

"BUT, if book has cracked ribs, Kelly lied, i'm not ok with him lying."

And why do you need to know? Why does Kelly need to reveal injuries to anyone?
Are you not followin? He doesn't need to divulge injuries, but he shouldn't come out and say "no injuries occurred in the NW game that would keep anyone out for FSU."

Back to the guy was supposedly moving to RB? Well, 9-1 isn't awful I guess. At least we won't have to watch the playoff show next week.

"Well, 9-1 isn't awful I guess. At least we won't have to watch the playoff show next week."

THERE's the positive spirit! So, why even play the game Saturday night then... guess we know you won't be wasting your time watching...I mean, you already know the outcome!

Are you not followin? He doesn't need to divulge injuries, but he shouldn't come out and say "no injuries occurred in the NW game that would keep anyone out for FSU."
Kelly will get away with it because no one will call him out on it, that's the rules with the media and the pathetic soft ND writers.

I didn’t see the headline but ESPN is saying cracked ribs definitely ? or that he’s out with possible cracked ribs? Anyone see ?

"Well, 9-1 isn't awful I guess. At least we won't have to watch the playoff show next week."

THERE's the positive spirit! So, why even play the game Saturday night then... guess we know you won't be wasting your time watching...I mean, you already know the outcome!

With BW at the helm this team loses to Stanford, VT, Pitt, and NW. The only saving grace is FSU absolutely sucks, but their game plan just got a whole lot easier. Load the box, shut down the run game, and let BW shit all over himself and his team.

I'm 100% good with holding the info until now, don't get me wrong. BUT, if book has cracked ribs, Kelly lied, i'm not ok with him lying.
I don't condone lying either. Under any circumstances. Was he asked specifically about Ian or did he make the comment about injuries in general?

Just got an update from Score that he has been ruled out for Saturday night. Not good.

With IB: ND - 42 fsu -17
With BW ND - 24 fsu -21

With BW at the helm this team loses to Stanford, VT, Pitt, and NW. The only saving grace is FSU absolutely sucks, but their game plan just got a whole lot easier. Load the box, shut down the run game, and let BW shit all over himself and his team.
This is the comments of someone that doesn't understand football.

Cracked ribs could make passing very... uncomfortable.

You guys are fortunate to have such an able backup in Wimbush.

Reactions: mirer03
I kind of figured at some point Wimbush would be called upon, I figured more of a in game sits

Stay classy

maybe that was the truth, maybe Book was feeling worse yesterday ?

I say we get Phil Jurkovec time and use that redshirt rule to our advantage. He has only played in what, two games so far?

Reactions: Java65
I say we get Phil Jurkovec time and use that redshirt rule to our advantage. He has only played in what, two games so far?
Honestly, redshirting is pretty pointless in today's games. If he's good enough he'll be in the NFL before he uses all his eligibility. If he's not he'll get passed over.

One game. So he could play three more and still red-shirt. Hopefully he's been getting meaningful reps this fall.

Reactions: nemeth#5
You play Wimbush.. You dont wanna throw a freshman quarterback out there with so much on the line. If we get up 17 sure get him some snaps..

Reactions: ndhogan
maybe that was the truth, maybe Book was feeling worse yesterday ?
Hairline fracture and low grade kidney contusion isn't something that is just about "feeling" they're monitoring the situation closely with scans

You play Wimbush.. You dont wanna throw a freshman quarterback out there with so much on the line. If we get up 17 sure get him some snaps..
True Fr play all the time now in CFB; Bowman and Lawrence this year. Tua at 'Bama won them the NC game last year. Fr play all the time now

oh no ! a coached lied ! off with his head !
It's the crappy ND Media/ ND Football relationship where there is no accountability, no real questions, no follow up. BK was being asked how numbers are handed out to frosh, are you F'n kidding me.

True Fr play all the time now in CFB; Bowman and Lawrence this year. Tua at 'Bama won them the NC game last year. Fr play all the time now
All of the above had meaninful reps vs much much lesser opponents (even though fsu is bad) before being thrust into the spot light in a big moment, Jurk hasn't had that yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT