ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia vs ND - What Separates Them

Deland and Stuckey are good. The rest should be as easily replaceable as quarterback. I’ve never understood the people that make the oh but they have families comment. They make more in one season than many fans will make in their career. If they’re not elite, they should be gone. Their family is more than fine.
Mickens is the most safe coach on the staff

Stuckeys not going anywhere unless it's on his terms.

Funny you didnt mention the coach probably most on the hot seat, Oleary
Huge talent deficiency there right now so there is a reason they may not be good.. if they aren’t good and he doesn’t improve recruiting the position yeah he should be on hot seat

My point was there’s a lot of talent at the 4 position groups i mentioned

Huge talent deficiency there right now so there is a reason they may not be good.. if they aren’t good and he doesn’t improve recruiting the position yeah he should be on hot seat

My point was there’s a lot of talent at the 4 position groups i mentioned
Hes the worst recruiter on the staff right now. So if his coaching isnt exceptional he's got to go

Ski, I would love to agree with this, but I don’t. I think the OL is a concern right now. Alt and Fisher should be elite this year, but questions abound in between our two tackles. Zeke at center should Be solid, but I Don’t think he’s ever going to be upper tier. Schrauth is supposed to have a high floor and high upside, but we hear about his lack of experience and rookie mistakes. If Kristofic wins the starting RG battle, then we have another solid experienced starter, but far from elite. I’d be a lot more optimistic if Rocco was to beat Kristofic out, or if Jagusah was to force his way into the starting lineup.

I’m more optimistic than many about our front seven, IF Golden finds ways to get some of our younger guys onto the field more often. I think we’ll be damn good at our two starting corners, but we have no reliable depth there. Nickel should be above average with Harper and Mickey, but safety is a concern. I’m Hoping Watt elevates his play to a whole new level as he’s shown a ton of potential, but the other safety position is a huge black hole right now. Both Henderson and Brown have lots of experience, but neither has Impressed on a consistent basis. Their back ups are two freshmen, both of whom were recovering from injuries during spring ball.

It’s natural to have position questions at this time of year, but we have a lot in my opinion; which suggests to me that we need more than an elite QB to win it all.
TelX
I know. I agree with your points. But. But. I am so hungry for greatness. I am sick of not getting the key guys - the 5 stars. I want em TelX. No Dante more. No p Bowen. Etc. I am not complaining about these two cause I think their attitude could be a problem at ND. But they are big time talent that we don’t get. Will Shipley. Etc. What are we doing wrong? I guess we have to win n they will come. And the only way I see us winning without that 5 star recruiting win is to have a baller at QB

I am hoping Hartman n minchey n Carr add that guy

Reactions: Telx1
Hes the worst recruiter on the staff right now. So if his coaching isnt exceptional he's got to go
If O’Leary recruited the likes of Minich and Shuler and Walters every year, then we wouldn’t be criticizing his recruiting chops. But overall, his recruiting has sucked.

If O’Leary recruited the likes of Minich and Shuler and Walters every year, then we wouldn’t be criticizing his recruiting chops. But overall, his recruiting has sucked.
Those 3 guys are just above average to good players. We need better than that even

Bowen, Nwankpa, Hillman, Woodyard. We need to mix a couple of these guys in with the solid guys

Reactions: baron100
Those 3 guys are just above average to good players. We need better than that even

Bowen, Nwankpa, Hillman, Woodyard. We need to mix a couple of these guys in with the solid guys
By far, his best recruiting class. We can discuss a year from September whether these guys are as good as I think, or just above average to good as you suggest.

Last edited:
By far, his best recruiting class. We can discuss a year from September whether these guys are as good as I think, or just above average to good as you suggest.
Walters already transferred and never played. We'll see about the other 2

Harper is more of a slot guy first. And he will play safety if no one steps up.
Would be interested to read yours and Nasty’s, et Al opinions as to the different physical and/or skill sets required of the open safety position vs the nickel.

Harper is more of a slot guy first. And he will play safety if no one steps up.
I agree but brown and Henderson don’t tackle well so you might as well have someone significantly better at coverage

Would be interested to read yours and Nasty’s, et Al opinions as to the different physical and/or skill sets required of the open safety position vs the nickel.
We are in nickel so much due to our poor lb coverage abilities. I’d like to see a safety play it on non obvious passing downs so we at least have some tackling ability. I do think it hurt the run D having bracy as a small nickel so much. I don’t get how we expect to stop the run with an undersized dline and 2 lbs.

On obvious passing downs or 3rd down you want third best cover guy with quicks. To me that should be Mickey or Harper and definitely not Lewis. In dime both Mickey and Harper.

Henderson is such a long strider and struggles to change directions. Brown just isn’t athletic.

We are in nickel so much due to our poor lb coverage abilities. I’d like to see a safety play it on non obvious passing downs so we at least have some tackling ability. I do think it hurt the run D having bracy as a small nickel so much. I don’t get how we expect to stop the run with an undersized dline and 2 lbs.

On obvious passing downs or 3rd down you want third best cover guy with quicks. To me that should be Mickey or Harper and definitely not Lewis. In dime both Mickey and Harper.

Henderson is such a long strider and struggles to change directions. Brown just isn’t athletic.
And that describes the essence of our weakness. I think our five best cover guys are probably Hart and Morrison and Mickey and Harper and Watt. That puts Harper a Safety, and not sure he has the size and strength or instincts to come up and support the run defense. Mickey might have the skill set and instincts, but not the size for that role. Henderson is probably better suited to stop the run, but his cover skills are marginal.
I really feel we need a couple young guys to force their way onto the field. A guy like Ausberry who showed impressive cover skills and instincts In the Spring game for example, might get us into more traditional 3-3-5 alignments. And one of Shuler or Minich dominating at safety would be incredibly impactful.

O’Leary is imo the wrong guy for his job. I do not see anything I like other than enthusiasm. He gets miced up a lot and is vocal at practices. I get the feeling he is very weak. No substance. He can’t relate to recruits. No respect. He is the Alyssa Heinscheid of freeman’s staff. We need Peroni and he recruits Bud Light

Reactions: Telx1
Overall talent, depth and academic requirements. The objective for ND IMO is build out the units that ND can be the best in the Nation, OL, TE, RB LB, then try to close the gap a bit, at DL, WR, DB, run the best Special Teams in the nation, and wrap it around great QB play, and you got a shot in a one game set up. When you show up with Book, McKinley, Skrowronek, D Williams, Boykin, K WIlliams, etc. Then other guys show up with D Smith, Waddle, T Lawrence, Etienne, M Jones, N Harris and they ALL go FIRST ROUND.

Vince Lombardi HC, Tom Landry DC, and BIll Walsh OC is not winning those games,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT