ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia vs ND - What Separates Them

IrishBeer

Posts Like A Champion
Dec 6, 2021

The question I have is how many draft picks will ND have on this current 2023 team and was it worth losing Tyler Buchner for the 1 year wonder or not. Time will tell, but without 20-25 draft picks like Georgia has on the team, I don’t think there’s a chance in hades we beat Georgia.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrwigglesby21

The question I have is how many draft picks will ND have on this current 2023 team and was it worth losing Tyler Buchner for the 1 year wonder or not. Time will tell, but without 20-25 draft picks on the team, I don’t think there’s a chance in hades we beat Georgia.
Green as can be QB vs a seasoned very good QB can close the gap

Reactions: bcnd
Green as can be QB vs a seasoned very good QB can close the gap
We don’t have Caleb Williams and he’s not coming to ND. We need to get back to 2019 talent + the QB. We had a huge talent drop. That’s why we lost to Cincy.

We don’t have Caleb Williams and he’s not coming to ND. We need to get back to 2019 talent + the QB. We had a huge talent drop. That’s why we lost to Cincy.
We are getting back there talent wise and a touch more. Need to hit on the QB

Agree. The freshman group is very good. I love CJ but I’m not convinced yet that he’s the level of talent to do it like Lawrence did for Clemson. Get 20+ draft picks and he may not need to be Trever Lawrence. Just be top 10 QB and we may have a shot with classes we are stacking. I wish 2023 Hartman was here in 2018.

Agree. The freshman group is very good. I love CJ but I’m not convinced yet that he’s the level of talent to do it like Lawrence did for Clemson. Get 20+ draft picks and he may not need to be Trever Lawrence. Just be top 10 QB and we may have a shot with classes we are stacking. I wish Hartman was here in 2018.
Comparisons to Trevor Lawrence are an exercise in futility. ND can focus on quarterbacks with the measurables who can maximize the production of both receivers and running backs. That is what has been lacking....We have been recruiting the tallest midget for so long....its hard to think outside the box...at a level the elites operate.

Comparisons to Trevor Lawrence are an exercise in futility. ND can focus on quarterbacks with the measurables who can maximize the production of both receivers and running backs. That is what has been lacking....We have been recruiting the tallest midget for so long....its hard to think outside the box...at a level the elites operate.
I get it but the top overall draft pick this year was sub 6 ft

Agree. The freshman group is very good. I love CJ but I’m not convinced yet that he’s the level of talent to do it like Lawrence did for Clemson. Get 20+ draft picks and he may not need to be Trever Lawrence. Just be top 10 QB and we may have a shot with classes we are stacking. I wish 2023 Hartman was here in 2018.
He'll never be a talent like Trevor or Cam and do it that way. But can he be a Jameis or Deshaun that also did it without the ridiculous talent. Still very good talent you need but very good talent plus very good QB and you got a shot

Would be fitting to have a Bettis and Young on the next NC team. Throw in a Carr and Urlacher too for fun.

Insightful article. Once again ND is so close and so far away from contending. ND undoubtedly needs 5 stars particularly at QB, WR, OT, Vyper, and corner. ND doesn't need a roster of 25 guys getting drafted. ND can get away with very good college, but not quite NFL talent at positions like safety, LB. Interior OL, and TE (however, the TE position is always stacked with talent at ND). This is why missing out on Keeley and the 2 Moores last class really hurt.

Insightful article. Once again ND is so close and so far away from contending. ND undoubtedly needs 5 stars particularly at QB, WR, OT, Vyper, and corner. ND doesn't need a roster of 25 guys getting drafted. ND can get away with very good college, but not quite NFL talent at positions like safety, LB. Interior OL, and TE (however, the TE position is always stacked with talent at ND). This is why missing out on Keeley and the 2 Moores last class really hurt.
I don't think we need 5 stars at corner or OT. We need to be very good everywhere regardless of stars and we need an elite QB. Alt was a 3 star and I'm not trading him for anyone. Morrison was a 4 star and about the same with him.

We need talent everywhere and a stud QB

I don't think we need 5 stars at corner or OT. We need to be very good everywhere regardless of stars and we need an elite QB. Alt was a 3 star and I'm not trading him for anyone. Morrison was a 4 star and about the same with him.

The last two times I have watched Notre Dame play Georgia, there was not a lot that separated the 2 teams.

Reactions: nptb

This. The rest is noise. Golson says we need an elite QB. That’s the key. Always the key
We have not had one in a long time

Reactions: sjb75
Okay...what did that have to do with what I said
Nothing. Not interested in debating whether or not ND has to have an elite QB to beat Georgia. I have never thought it is absolutely necessary, and you do. No biggy.

The question I have is how many draft picks will ND have on this current 2023 team and was it worth losing Tyler Buchner for the 1 year wonder or not. Time will tell, but without 20-25 draft picks like Georgia has on the team, I don’t think there’s a chance in hades we beat Georgia.
Talent

ND will never be in the league of elite teams for talent. Fans need to chill. There’s a reason why so many ND coaches have left. They can’t win here.

Reactions: 4-4-3
The last two times I have watched Notre Dame play Georgia, there was not a lot that separated the 2 teams.
Those games were a long time ago and ND lost both. UGA was just starting to build its dominance and their speed still won out.

I know ND fans get excited about moral victories but if ND plays Georgia and Bama 20 times total, they go 0-20. That’s all you need to know. But hey at least $warbrick is the highest paid AD haha. Oh yea, with zero national titles to his name in a 15 year tenure at ND in all male sports.

Okay...what did that have to do with what I said
He didn’t read the article obviously. The article explains why we matched up with Georgia then and why we do not now. But we all know that clown can’t read.

He didn’t read the article obviously. The article explains why we matched up with Georgia then and why we do not now. But we all know that clown can’t read.
“It will be a shit show.”

Those games were a long time ago and ND lost both. UGA was just starting to build its dominance and their speed still won out.

I know ND fans get excited about moral victories but if ND plays Georgia and Bama 20 times total, they go 0-20. That’s all you need to know. But hey at least $warbrick is the highest paid AD haha. Oh yea, with zero national titles to his name in a 15 year tenure at ND in all male sports.
False. Do you know how many players Georgia was putting in the league before those games? One of those teams had Bama dead to rights in the championship game.

Wrong. Very wrong. We will win it all once we get elite talent at QB.

Ask the kicker...not Stroud.
Bama didn’t either. In fact, the team with the worst QB won. The average player at Bama is better than ND by far. So if Young was at ND, we still wouldn’t win. Recruiting has to improve substantially including at QB. Unless Hartman is far better than both Stroud and Young, we have about a 0% chance. Unless CJ is better than both our chances won’t put us into the likely to win it category anytime in the forseable future. If Carr is a Heisman contender and we recruit every other position near Ohio State level, we have a legit chance. Otherwise it’ll take a Trever Lawrence. Right now we are building a nice future playoff contender but missing all of Keeley, Bowen, Moore, Scott, Rushing, Wingo won’t get it done. It has to change this cycle with Scott and Rushing. Otherwise temper expectations as fans.

Last edited:
Bama didn’t either. In fact, the team with the worst QB won. The average player at Bama is better than ND by far. So if Young was at ND, we still wouldn’t win. Recruiting has to improve substantially including at QB. Unless Hartman is far better than both Stroud and Young, we have about a 0% chance. Unless CJ is better than both our chances won’t put us into the likely to win it category anytime in the forseable future. If Carr is a Heisman contender and we recruit every other position near Ohio State level, we have a legit chance. Otherwise it’ll take a Trever Lawrence. Right now we are building a nice future playoff contender but missing all of Keeley, Bowen, Moore, Scott, Rushing, Wingo won’t get it done. It has to change this cycle with Scott and Rushing.
Bennett > Duggan

We need good talent everywhere and a top level QB

We will? Why won’t USC win it all then? Ohio State didn’t win it all with Stroud.
We are better than usc n OSu. How did we hang with usc n OSu with drew freakin Pyne ? We did cause we have a solid team. How did we hang with georgia? Same reason.
How did we not hang with Clemson in 18 n 20? They had a very elite QB and a strong team. And Bama? Same thing. So I would give you Bama n Clemson as an over match but not by a lot. I do not see usc n OSu as being both a stronger team n better qb than us.

Btw, we are going to win it all this year, next year and the year after that. If u want what I’m drinking let me know

Academics, about 100+ points on the college board scores !

ND will never be in the league of elite teams for talent. Fans need to chill. There’s a reason why so many ND coaches have left. They can’t win here.
Then how did ND play in three (3) National Championship playoffs in the last decade.

You’re a moron and an anti Notre Dame douche bag !

OSU was within a missed last second FG last year when they lost 41-40 in the Playoffs against Georgia
Yes, but remember they have a QB that is 10x’s better than Pyne and Buchner and recruit at a much higher level. My point was that even if you get all of that you’re still not guaranteed anything. They got whooped by Michigan back to back years and never won a title. You certainly can’t say ND has way better coaching that OSU, so it’s not a coaching issue. Even if you get a Caleb Williams, you might lose to Utah twice.

We need a Stroud and team full of draft picks. Right now I think we have a good team. Hartman could probably win it all if he was at Georgia or Bama. I’m not sure we have 20-25 draft picks on this roster. I don’t think Buchner was a world beater, I’m just saying to push the needle, we need to do better than we are doing currently. I love Hartman but taking a 1 year kid on a roster not built to win a title is a big gamble for what could easily end up a 10-2 or 9-3 season. This is better than BK recruited it seems, but it must improve more.

ND admin is the issue. They do not support the team. Facilities are lacking. We don’t pay for elite coaches. We don’t pay to keep the ones that are elite. If you want Keeley to stick you have to show him we have elite coaches that develop and put kids in the league. Then he stays. It’s not a NIL or an academics issue. It’s an admin being cheap on hiring, facilities, nutrition, etc. issue. We all know Utah’s coach should have been calling plays this spring in a better facility than what we have.

Freeman is recruiting well. Could we have 15-20 draft picks on this team by next season? Maybe. But will we have the experienced QB?

Last edited:
Wrong. Very wrong. We will win it all once we get elite talent at QB.
Ski, I would love to agree with this, but I don’t. I think the OL is a concern right now. Alt and Fisher should be elite this year, but questions abound in between our two tackles. Zeke at center should Be solid, but I Don’t think he’s ever going to be upper tier. Schrauth is supposed to have a high floor and high upside, but we hear about his lack of experience and rookie mistakes. If Kristofic wins the starting RG battle, then we have another solid experienced starter, but far from elite. I’d be a lot more optimistic if Rocco was to beat Kristofic out, or if Jagusah was to force his way into the starting lineup.

I’m more optimistic than many about our front seven, IF Golden finds ways to get some of our younger guys onto the field more often. I think we’ll be damn good at our two starting corners, but we have no reliable depth there. Nickel should be above average with Harper and Mickey, but safety is a concern. I’m Hoping Watt elevates his play to a whole new level as he’s shown a ton of potential, but the other safety position is a huge black hole right now. Both Henderson and Brown have lots of experience, but neither has Impressed on a consistent basis. Their back ups are two freshmen, both of whom were recovering from injuries during spring ball.

It’s natural to have position questions at this time of year, but we have a lot in my opinion; which suggests to me that we need more than an elite QB to win it all.

Ski, I would love to agree with this, but I don’t. I think the OL is a concern right now. Alt and Fisher should be elite this year, but questions abound in between our two tackles. Zeke at center should Be solid, but I Don’t think he’s ever going to be upper tier. Schrauth is supposed to have a high floor and high upside, but we hear about his lack of experience and rookie mistakes. If Kristofic wins the starting RG battle, then we have another solid experienced starter, but far from elite. I’d be a lot more optimistic if Rocco was to beat Kristofic out, or if Jagusah was to force his way into the starting lineup.

I’m more optimistic than many about our front seven, IF Golden finds ways to get some of our younger guys onto the field more often. I think we’ll be damn good at our two starting corners, but we have no reliable depth there. Nickel should be above average with Harper and Mickey, but safety is a concern. I’m Hoping Watt elevates his play to a whole new level as he’s shown a ton of potential, but the other safety position is a huge black hole right now. Both Henderson and Brown have lots of experience, but neither has Impressed on a consistent basis. Their back ups are two freshmen, both of whom were recovering from injuries during spring ball.

It’s natural to have position questions at this time of year, but we have a lot in my opinion; which suggests to me that we need more than an elite QB to win it all.
We need to hit on some Keeleys and Scott’s. All there is to it. Otherwise we are doing what we need to do to make 2025, 2026 a contender. Keep missing on those and forget it. Freeman messed up keeping Al Washington. He can’t coach well enough and he’s not recruiting elite enough talent to beat Georgia.

Last edited:
OSU was within a missed last second FG last year when they lost 41-40 in the Playoffs against Georgia
Harbie also beat OSU convincingly the last 2 years . The same Michigan that got boat raced by UGA and lost to TCU

Make It Rain Money GIF

Reactions: BGI User 756
We need to hit on some Keeleys and Scott’s. All there is to it. Otherwise we are doing what we need to do to make 2025, 2026 a contender. Keep missing on those and forget it. Freeman messed up keeping Al Washington. He can’t coach well enough and he’s not recruiting elite enough talent to beat Georgia.
Rushing and Scott would be home run commits, and Washington is liked by both. Last year, I would have agreed with you about Washington. This year, I don’t. It sounds Like the defensive line is developing nicely, and several young guys are developing as reliable rotation guys. If this proves correct, then Washington deserves credit. I like the three commits we have for 24 for the DL, but they’re not going to take us to the next level. A commitment from either Scott or Rushing would, on paper at least. So, for the most part, I think the jury is still out on whether Washington was a good or bad hire.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Rushing and Scott would be home run commits, and Washington is liked by both. Last year, I would have agreed with you about Washington. This year, I don’t. It sounds Like the defensive line is developing nicely, and several young guys are developing as reliable rotation guys. If this proves correct, then Washington deserves credit. I like the three commits we have for 24 for the DL, but they’re not going to take us to the next level. A commitment from either Scott or Rushing would, on paper at least. So, for the most part, I think the jury is still out on whether Washington was a good or bad hire.
No excuse for oline dline lbs and wrs to be significantly improved this year, anything but that should result in a that coach not being with nd for 24

No excuse for oline dline lbs and wrs to be significantly improved this year, anything but that should result in a that coach not being with nd for 24
Stuckeys not going anywhere unless it's on his terms.

Funny you didnt mention the coach probably most on the hot seat, Oleary

Deland and Stuckey are good. The rest should be as easily replaceable as quarterback. I’ve never understood the people that make the oh but they have families comment. They make more in one season than many fans will make in their career. If they’re not elite, they should be gone. Their family is more than fine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT