ADVERTISEMENT

If ND doesn’t make the 2024 Playoff

Dec 29, 2005
it’ll be an epic failure IMO. They play an extremely soft/favorable schedule.

The only questionable games are @Texas A&M, UL, FSU, and @USC.

A&M has some very talented players, but a new coach, several portal transfers, it’s hard to know what they’ll be, though I do think Elko will have the defense playing at a high rate quickly. They’re a pretty young team overall too.

UL, they lose Plummer, but I wasn’t particularly impressed with him in a few of the games I watched including vs ND. Their QB position is 3-4 RS SR’s & JR’s who transferred in to the program and have played no substantive snaps yet. I read they lose 6-7 Offensive starters and 6-7 on defense. They lose virtually their entire secondary. Brohm is a fine coach though.

FSU on the other hand returns a lot on offense except their Star QB Travis, WR Keon Coleman is expected to enter the draft, RB Trey Benson is rumored to be leaning for the draft, and 2-3 OL are gone.
They lose more players on defense, I read on the FSU board if Fentrell enters the draft they will lose all 3 starting LBs, they lose 3 in the secondary as well. Norvell has increased win totals every season thus far. ND does get them at home in November, hoping it’s unseasonably cold.

USC is truly an unknown quantity. Caleb Williams had incredible numbers and they still lost a bunch of games, he’ll be gone obviously, 3 OL leave, I have no idea if any of their skill guys will enter the draft though. Their defense is an absolute mess to begin with. Additionally, they lose 5 of their front 7 on D. But could it be worse? Seems highly unlikely. There is some talented guys but for some reason Riley loved Grinch.

On a side note, I think GT is going to be a surprise team next year. They were very competitive in many losses and their sophomore QB (Haynes King) played very well this season IMO. He can run it and chuck it pretty darn good from what I’ve seen. I just went back a checked, GT will return somewhere around 17/18 Offensive and defensive starters too.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT