ADVERTISEMENT

What happens if a player goes unpicked in portal?

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
Is it a new kind of hell or do you just go live in Moms basement?

I know they lose their scholly. Do they slink back? Can’t be very popular. Moms basement sounds better than returning to their old team

Last edited:
Reactions: d1042

I know they lose their scholly. Do they slink back? Can’t be very popular. Moms basement sounds better than returning to their old team
They are left in the wind

Reactions: NDblitz
I don't think you necessarily lose your scholarship straightaway, given that they are handed out on a year by year basis anyway. And could be revoked for any reason with or without the portal. And yes, I believe they can indeed reconcile with their old teams if they don't get picked, but the coach's feelings might be all hurt, and he might not want them back. Hell hath no fury!

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Didn’t Houston Griffith enter the portal then came back?
I would say if someone goes in and quickly exits is one thing. But if they’re looking around and find nothing “better” than why have them back.

Aren’t most portal deals done in advance? Not sure

1 month talking football with sbj75

Reactions: NDblitz
I don't think you necessarily lose your scholarship straightaway, given that they are handed out on a year by year basis anyway. And could be revoked for any reason with or without the portal. And yes, I believe they can indeed reconcile with their old teams if they don't get picked, but the coach's feelings might be all hurt, and he might not want them back. Hell hath no fury!
My understanding has been that ND gives the scholarship for the whole ride, unlike at most other schools. This might have changed, but if so I haven't heard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT