ADVERTISEMENT

ND is losing 4 players that are ranked in the top 30ish in 24/7sports 2024 Transfer Portal Player Rankings

chaseball

I've posted how many times?
Sep 8, 2007
I think this puts them at the top of how much talent they are exporting this season.

247sports should keep ranking of how well teams are managing the amount of talent being lost in the portal and who is able to retain their talent (I believe this is the most important football operations skill there is in the sport right now). What is ND doing strategically to try to minimize losing players to the portal? Anything at all?

The last thing the program needs (in a sport that is quickly passing them by seemingly faster and faster) is to find itself behind in yet another critical off-season talent procuring metric

# reflects 247sports 2024 transfer portal player ranking:

importing:
#5 Riley Leonard, QB .9200

exporting:
#4 Tobias Merriweather, WR, .9200
#24 Chris Tyree, WR, .8900
#30 NaNa Osafa-Mensah, DL, .8800
#31 Zeke Correll, I(interior)OL, .8800

(add to the nuclear explosion in the WR depth chart this past week) and NDs off-season outlook continues to look bleak.

How does ND continue to take so many off-season losses year after year? What is the new ADs plan to address this?

Last edited:
I think this puts them at the top of how much talent they are exporting this season.

247sports should keep ranking of how well teams are managing the amount of talent being lost in the portal and who is able to retain their talent (I believe this is the most important football operations skill there is in the sport right now). What is ND doing strategically to try to minimize this? Anything at all?

The last thing the program needs (in a sport that is passing them by) is to find itself behind in yet another critical metric.

importing:

exporting:

(plus add to the nuclear explosion to the passing game this past week) it simply isn't looking good.

How does ND continue to take so many off-season losses year after year? I would have thought with JS leaving in several months that the new AD would already be making an impact in this regard.
Because 2 of thise guys weren't losses

Craig passed up Zeke and we told Zeke he didnt have a starting spot locked in and he left. Thats a positive because Craig is more talented and better

Na Na was a depth piece. Not very talented but a team guy. Younger guys are better players

You have to use your head a little with these. Some are staff decisions

247sports should keep ranking of how well teams are managing the amount of talent being lost in the portal and who is able to retain their talent (I believe this is the most important football operations skill there is in the sport right now). What is ND doing strategically to try to minimize this? Anything at all?

The last thing the program needs (in a sport that is passing them by) is to find itself behind in yet another critical metric.

importing:

exporting:

(plus add to the nuclear explosion to the passing game this past week) it simply isn't looking good.

How does ND continue to take so many off-season losses year after year? I would have thought with JS leaving in several months that the new AD would already be making an impact in this regard.

You mean catering to?

Reactions: tbone3114

247sports should keep ranking of how well teams are managing the amount of talent being lost in the portal and who is able to retain their talent (I believe this is the most important football operations skill there is in the sport right now). What is ND doing strategically to try to minimize losing players to the portal? Anything at all?

The last thing the program needs (in a sport that is quickly passing them by seemingly faster and faster as the years go by) is to find itself behind in yet another critical off-season roster-building metric.

importing:

exporting:

(plus add to the nuclear explosion in the WR depth chart this past week) and NDs off-season outlook continues to look bleak.

How does ND continue to take so many off-season losses year after year?
This is just pointeless over analysis. What are they even basing these rankings off of? Their high school potential? Merriweather at .9200? Merriweather might as well have not played a single snap the entire last 2 seasons. He was useless and had a shockingly high snap count. This is just silliness and another way for sports "journalists" to make themselves feel important.

Reactions: BGI User 756
It's very early in the portal. Lot more players will enter and guys will drop

The last thing the program needs (in a sport that is quickly passing them by seemingly faster and faster) is to find itself behind in yet another critical off-season talent procuring metric

importing:

exporting:

(add to the nuclear explosion in the WR depth chart this past week) and NDs off-season outlook continues to look bleak.

How does ND continue to take so many off-season losses year after year? What is the new ADs plan to address this?
UGA getting beat by their former players right now. Who cares?

importing:

exporting:

2 of these don't add up.

importing:

exporting:

Lol... let's see what comes in.. far better receivers for sure!!!!!!!!!!!

importing:

exporting:

And Deion just lost another commitment…

What were you saying about swag and attitude and energy????

Reactions: hvillebill

importing:

exporting:

You should do this for OSU or A&M! Not even close.

Reactions: NDinNJ
Oh! Just saw this was very very old news in Portal time... I think, in the end, ND will do quite favorably in the in and out portal. Merriweather is still be graded on potential -- he may figure it out or he may be Jordan Johnson who would have graded out highly because of his #11 rating.

importing:

exporting:

Lol. So after you spent all year telling us how ND doesn’t have the talent to compete for a NC, and F+ shows we are 15-25, and our players are “only 3-4 stars”….you now are starting threads lamenting the loss of same players to the portal?!?!

You do belong in politics for sure, that is your calling. All sizzle, no steak

Lol. So after you spent all year telling us how ND doesn’t have the talent to compete for a NC, and F+ shows we are 15-25, and our players are “only 3-4 stars”….you now are starting threads lamenting the loss of same players to the portal?!?!

You do belong in politics for sure, that is your calling. All sizzle, no steak
There is a lot of nuance in the points I make that you're overlooking.

Notre Dame doesn't recruit well that doesn't mean they haven't developed any good players that aren't worth losing both of those things can be true at the same time

There is a lot of nuance in the points I make that you're overlooking.

Notre Dame doesn't recruit well that doesn't mean they haven't developed any good players that aren't worth losing both of those things can be true at the same time
lol, you are exposed. Give it up.

Reactions: Pennick4

importing:

exporting:

How can this be? We have countless posts from you that ND isn't recruiting talent, yet how is it by your assumption they are losing recruited talent via the transfer portal?

YIU ARE THE BIGGEST HYPOCRITE AND FRAUD ON THIS FORUM.

I don't think you can accurately appraise portal season until everyone has been signed. Many teams initially seem like "losers", but then improve when all the dust has settled.

I don't want Riley Leonard! I don't mind a grad-transfer QB, but not that guy. I would almost rather go with Angeli, and certainly Minchey. Isn't there somebody better than that dude?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT