ADVERTISEMENT

Over/under ND Players to the portal?

Telx1

I've posted how many times?
May 13, 2012
Kind of surprised by some of the reactions here to the announcements of ND players to the portal. I read a couple weeks ago that around 10 were expected. We know that ND coaches are having Frank discussions with the players regarding their future playing opportunities, and this includes discussions with fifth and sixth year players possibly wanting to return.

Nano leaving was the biggest surprise for me because he leaves a position of need. I don’t think he was going to start at SDE for us, but I think he would have played a decent number of snaps as the primary backup. Lots of noise that we are planning to hit the portal for SDE again in hopes of getting another Baptiste, and Nano was expected to back up.

I personally think they had a difficult heart to heart with Zeke, and made it clear that Craig deserves a shot to compete to start, etc…. I don’t think they would have declined a request to return, but I think they did not discourage Zeke from looking elsewhere.

As a fan, I have been frustrated that Tyree and his blazing speed did not make a bigger impact During his career. His entire time at ND fans have been clamoring for the team to get him the ball in space, and they frankly failed to do so. I thought Tyree was improving as a receiver throughout the season, with his two catches against Stanford among the best of his career. That said, we are in very good shape at the slot going forward, and Tyree would be sharing a lot of playing time with Faison and Greathouse, and this was likely honestly shared.

So, three have announced for the portal, and there are sure to be more. Ten sounds like a lot, but that’s the new world of college football.

Reactions: IrishMike409

as for shopping, the disappointing 4-5* players whose terrible position coach gets fired and they enter the portal, might be good targets if you can invest a year in them.

This is the movement that is best for ND moving forward with freeman. He needs his kids all bought in.

I'm not upset about any move, so far
I agree. There are players on the team more than capable of replacing the transfers. Thank them for their contribution and wish them luck.All of the transfers had discussions about the future with the staff

Aiden K gone now too. Was he slated to start next year ?
Nah. He hasn't panned out. Injuries. Would not be surprised if he ends up at CSU where his dad played. Would be a huge pickup for them and he would start immediately. They are not good inside.

Kind of surprised by some of the reactions here to the announcements of ND players to the portal. I read a couple weeks ago that around 10 were expected. We know that ND coaches are having Frank discussions with the players regarding their future playing opportunities, and this includes discussions with fifth and sixth year players possibly wanting to return.

Nano leaving was the biggest surprise for me because he leaves a position of need. I don’t think he was going to start at SDE for us, but I think he would have played a decent number of snaps as the primary backup. Lots of noise that we are planning to hit the portal for SDE again in hopes of getting another Baptiste, and Nano was expected to back up.

I personally think they had a difficult heart to heart with Zeke, and made it clear that Craig deserves a shot to compete to start, etc…. I don’t think they would have declined a request to return, but I think they did not discourage Zeke from looking elsewhere.

As a fan, I have been frustrated that Tyree and his blazing speed did not make a bigger impact During his career. His entire time at ND fans have been clamoring for the team to get him the ball in space, and they frankly failed to do so. I thought Tyree was improving as a receiver throughout the season, with his two catches against Stanford among the best of his career. That said, we are in very good shape at the slot going forward, and Tyree would be sharing a lot of playing time with Faison and Greathouse, and this was likely honestly shared.

So, three have announced for the portal, and there are sure to be more. Ten sounds like a lot, but that’s the new world of college football.
Nice post. Tyree was frustrating for me Imo he never became what I envisioned. And I feel his biggest liability is lack of instincts and vision. Straight ahead speed, check. Find the crease and make a cut to daylight, er not so much

Tyree was a pleasant surprise at wideout and with the exception of his one drop on a long ball over his shoulder that he didn’t adjust for - and most seasoned receivers would find challenging - he was solid and one of Hartman top targets.

That also tells me that Hartman found Tyree because of his speed. And our other receivers not so much. I digress but why didn’t Braylen James get in a few games? Baffling

I think Tyree’s pass production could be challenging to replace.

I am very concerned that 2024 will be a wasted year because of Parker.

Corell needed to go. He has looked embarrassingly over matched at times and been butt planted

Nice post. Tyree was frustrating for me Imo he never became what I envisioned. And I feel his biggest liability is lack of instincts and vision. Straight ahead speed, check. Find the crease and make a cut to daylight, er not so much

Tyree was a pleasant surprise at wideout and with the exception of his one drop on a long ball over his shoulder that he didn’t adjust for - and most seasoned receivers would find challenging - he was solid and one of Hartman top targets.

That also tells me that Hartman found Tyree because of his speed. And our other receivers not so much. I digress but why didn’t Braylen James get in a few games? Baffling

I think Tyree’s pass production could be challenging to replace.

I am very concerned that 2024 will be a wasted year because of Parker.

Corell needed to go. He has looked embarrassingly over matched at times and been butt planted
Exactly on point re Tyree. I watch the Oregon receivers getting huge yards after catch with vision, wiggles, daring, cuts, etc…. Tyree might beat them in a straight race, but he has always lacked those instincts.

Exactly on point re Tyree. I watch the Oregon receivers getting huge yards after catch with vision, wiggles, daring, cuts, etc…. Tyree might beat them in a straight race, but he has always lacked those instincts.
Agree with all that

I think it is going to be more like 15 each year. They need to go back to the one year sit out to the transfer portal to regain control of this madness. Hoping that new NCAA commissioner Baker can re instill some sanity to college sports .

I think it is going to be more like 15 each year. They need to go back to the one year sit out to the transfer portal to regain control of this madness. Hoping that new NCAA commissioner Baker can re instill some sanity to college sports .
Thats my feeling too. College sports, with players transferring all over the place, is beginning to look more like the NFL, MLB, NBA, etc which I stopped following years ago.

Would hate it if I end up only watching high school sports.

Reactions: Pennick4
Gonna be fun to watch ND's offense next year with Leonard and Love on the read option!

Hell you've should of started an over/under whose opting out of the bowl game lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT