ADVERTISEMENT

Book out vs FSU?

nd wins easily saturday if i was the QB.
Nd can lose if the Defense plays like it did second half vs Navy. Defense shows up big at home for senior day in cold weather, and the question is how many we win by.

I'm going to stay optimistic on this one. BW has been riding the pine and doesn't have the same worry about being pulled like before. He can let it all ride in this game.

Oh come on, that Michigan team, as of now, would have beat our ass with Wimbush at quarterback. Surely you aren't that dumb?
Why would they?
-Do you remember how awful our tackles played, one was on a bumb leg, the other a first time starter. Our pass blocking has improved drastically.
-We had Tony Jones getting carries, and Armstrong still figuring it out. We now have one of the best RBs in the country and armstrong has improved immensely
-Julian Okwara has turned into one of the best DEs in the country

What you don't realize is ND is set up perfectly to defend and dominate the type of offense UM runs, and ND did just that. UM can't whip ND at the LOS like they do everyone else.

All of the above had meaninful reps vs much much lesser opponents (even though fsu is bad) before being thrust into the spot light in a big moment, Jurk hasn't had that yet.
Lawrence and Bowman were starters from day 1, they were not eased it. Last year Fromm carried UGA to the NC game as a true Fr.

In todays game Fr QBs play all the time and we heard the exact same arguments about playing Book over Wimbush. If Jurk can play, he can play and no better time than against a terrible FSU team.

Nd can lose if the Defense plays like it did second half vs Navy. Defense shows up big at home for senior day in cold weather, and the question is how many we win by.

I don't think FSU has an offense as potent as Navy's.

Oh come on, that Michigan team, as of now, would have beat our ass with Wimbush at quarterback. Surely you aren't that dumb?
Maybe they would, maybe they wouldn't. Don't forget we didn't have Dexter now and we didn't for that game.

this game just got a whole lot harder. anyone who thinks FSU is going to just show up and go through the motions is kidding themselves. FSU has skill talent all over their roster. ND can lose this game, make no mistake about it. If they play sloppy, they will lose. I don't care what FSU's record is. You all watched Winbush. Believe me, the noles will sell out to stop the run and force Winbush to beat them throwing. It's not hard to figure out. He needs to be accurate and cannot throw any picks. I have a bad feeling about this game. I hope i'm wrong.

Wrong game to lose Book. Wimbush is a really bad quarterback and he hasn’t been playing all season. Wimbush cannot pass. All FSU has to do is stop the run. Without Bars we have no run blockers. Brandon also holds the ball too long. FSU has faster talent. Not good.

Lawrence and Bowman were starters from day 1, they were not eased it. Last year Fromm carried UGA to the NC game as a true Fr.

In todays game Fr QBs play all the time and we heard the exact same arguments about playing Book over Wimbush. If Jurk can play, he can play and no better time than against a terrible FSU team.
All of the above had much more meaningful snaps vs much lesser opponents and didn't get thrust into a big moment of a big game. Clemson played Furman first, an lawrence didn't even play much game two at A&M, that was all bryant. Bowman i'll give you, but that was the plan all along to start him so he had all camp as #1. Jurk has gotten no 1st team reps. Fromm last year opened with app state before ND so from had 3/4 of a game to get his feet wet before ND.

Wimbush is a terrible qb. No Bars gives him no time to get rid of the ball. Kid needs 10 seconds in the pocket to make a read. He can’t even hit a running back from 5 yards. I like that he’s been a team player, but he lacks skills.

FSU isn’t very good, but it’s defense isn’t all that bad and has athletes all over the place. The Seminoles’ offense is what’s terrible and is what has made FSU bad this year.

FSU isn’t very good, but it’s defense isn’t all that bad and has athletes all over the place. The Seminoles’ offense is what’s terrible and is what has made FSU bad this year.
ND has had a way of making bad offenses look pretty good. Hence, Navy having success throwing the ball.

if people dont understand why BK hasnt disclosed the injury I dont know what to tell you. Defense will be needed to win this one ad BW can not be trusted.

All of the above had much more meaningful snaps vs much lesser opponents and didn't get thrust into a big moment of a big game. Clemson played Furman first, an lawrence didn't even play much game two at A&M, that was all bryant. Bowman i'll give you, but that was the plan all along to start him so he had all camp as #1. Jurk has gotten no 1st team reps. Fromm last year opened with app state before ND so from had 3/4 of a game to get his feet wet before ND.
... and we are playing FSU who is awful. Again, Lawrence still started (co-started) day 1 he actually had nearly identical stats to Bryant and was as much a part of that game as Bryant.

Fromm still started day one regardless of the opponent and honestly, FSU is so awful this year its not an enormous difference between App St and FSU.

Like I said, Fr play all the time in CFB now, it's nothing new.

I suppose if Brandon can beat Michigan he can beat Florida State. We have to hope he brings his A game. Maybe his start will rally some of the other guys to step up and we’ll have a big team victory. Could turn out a blessing in disguise. Or could be disastrous. We shall see.

Reactions: nptb
Wrong game to lose Book. Wimbush is a really bad quarterback and he hasn’t been playing all season. Wimbush cannot pass. All FSU has to do is stop the run. Without Bars we have no run blockers. Brandon also holds the ball too long. FSU has faster talent. Not good.

Jesus Christ man. What is with all the negativity on this board? It's OK to be nervous, but to outright bash the QB that is starting for your supposed team before he has even played is flat out unacceptable. The kid probably is nervous and doubting himself somewhat too; he doesn't need naysayers like you saying he is a "really bad quarterback" on top of it. It's "fans" like you that represent everything wrong with ND. Show some f****** support or shut the f*** up.

I agree their defense isn't as bad but it's still not great. NC St. put up nearly 50 on them last week and Louisville who's offense is garbage this year put up 24 on them.

I'm just saying, more than likely Wimbush is done at ND. Our numbers next year are tight and Book is certainly going to be the starter and we'll have Jurk and Clark so I'd be very surprised if Wimbush is back. We know Brandon, we'll put up 20-24 points with him at QB and honestly, I think Jurk can probably do that.

It's the crappy ND Media/ ND Football relationship where there is no accountability, no real questions, no follow up. BK was being asked how numbers are handed out to frosh, are you F'n kidding me.
its the same everywhere. check Columbus.

Wimbush is a terrible qb. No Bars gives him no time to get rid of the ball. Kid needs 10 seconds in the pocket to make a read. He can’t even hit a running back from 5 yards. I like that he’s been a team player, but he lacks skills.
12-3 as a starter. accounted for 30 tds last year.

ND has had a way of making bad offenses look pretty good. Hence, Navy having success throwing the ball.
what are you talking about ? navy completed 4 passes in 12 attempts for 52 yards. quit making stuff up to support your ridiculous position.

We have won a lot more games than we've lost with that terrible quarterback. The good thing is Wimbush gets all the prep with the first team this week to get back in the groove, so to speak. This is better than Book getting hurt early in the game and Wimbush having to come in.

Hell of a lot better game to be without Book than Syracuse or USC. FSU's defense is a mess.

Reactions: THUNDERSTRUCK111
ND loses every game with wimbush as QB, except ND is 3-0 with wimbush as QB. Weird

Don’t bash players, Wimbush got beat out at a position it happens, he has a chance to help his team and audition for a transfer. Maybe he learned by watching the last few weeks.
I’m rooting for you Brandon

Navy was 4-12 for 52 yards, 1 int, 1 sack, 2 QB hurries and 1 pass defended... they hit 1 pass play for 34 yards

Garrett Lewis had a passer rating of 57.9, a little more than half of his season rating of 106.7 ...

Reactions: echowaker
this game just got a whole lot harder. anyone who thinks FSU is going to just show up and go through the motions is kidding themselves. FSU has skill talent all over their roster. ND can lose this game, make no mistake about it. If they play sloppy, they will lose. I don't care what FSU's record is. You all watched Winbush. Believe me, the noles will sell out to stop the run and force Winbush to beat them throwing. It's not hard to figure out. He needs to be accurate and cannot throw any picks. I have a bad feeling about this game. I hope i'm wrong.
Notre Dame by 3 tds at least. FSU is trash this year.

Jesus Christ man. What is with all the negativity on this board? It's OK to be nervous, but to outright bash the QB that is starting for your supposed team before he has even played is flat out unacceptable. The kid probably is nervous and doubting himself somewhat too; he doesn't need naysayers like you saying he is a "really bad quarterback" on top of it. It's "fans" like you that represent everything wrong with ND. Show some f****** support or shut the f*** up.
If he lets the opinion of a few idiots on a message board bother him he will never make it as the Notre Dame QB in the first place.

Wimbush can't throw it in 70 degree weather he surely isn't going to throw it well in 30 degree weather. I dont like this at all.

Clemson began the season starting Bryant, not Lawrence. They split time through the first four games, then Lawrence was named starter.

If he lets the opinion of a few idiots on a message board bother him he will never make it as the Notre Dame QB in the first place.

Agreed. Also this board isn't for the players or the coaches or the ND administrators .. this board is for the fans to discuss whatever the hell they want about the football program. We don't need people censoring their opinions/comments based on some off chance a player/coach/admin is reading the board.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Game just got much closer with Wimbush as QB. Florida State has a lot of holes (O-line, secondary), but their defensive line is one of their strengths.

Irish will be fine. Brandon and Irish roll. May not be pretty at times but not worried about getting the W. Hopefully Ian is 100% from here on out because the committee takes injuries into account. Say Irish beat FSU by 3 and Ian doesn’t get healthy they will not be top 4. Hope he gets better quickly.

Reactions: THUNDERSTRUCK111
Wimbush isn't a terrible QB .. he just isn't as good as Ian Book.

He's 13-3 as a starter, and what he lacks in accuracy/passing he makes up for with a strong arm/deep ball and then elite running ability.

This is why it was important we didn't lose Wimbush to transfer after he lost his job .. if Book went down we had a capable QB who could step right in without a ton of drop off.

Much rather have Wimbush and his experience then be in the position to having to get inexperienced QBs on the roster ready for their first start.

NDs next 3 opponents are mediocre to down right bad .. as long as Ian Book is ready for the playoff we'll be fine.

NDs next 3 opponents are mediocre to down right bad .. as long as Ian Book is ready for the playoff we'll be fine.

Nit pick: FSU could be characterized as "down-right bad". But both L'Orange and USC are pretty good, 8-4 type teams.

Nit pick: FSU could be characterized as "down-right bad". But both L'Orange and USC are pretty good, 8-4 type teams.

I'm going off of F/P+ which is a combined ranking of FEI & S&P+.

USC, Syracuse, and FSU are all ranked very low (syracuse is the luckiest 2 loss team in the country).

Syracuse: #47
USC: #50
FSU: #80

Notre Dame is ranked #6

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/fplus

you guys making Brandon Wimbush out to be some sort of disaster need to relax. He might not be as good as Book throwing the short to intermediate routes, but he's more than capable of running the offense. I didn't think we'd be throwing a ton in 30 degree weather in the first place so this may actually be something that works out to our advantage. As long as Wimbush can perform the read option and complete just enough passes to keep the defense honest, we'll be fine.

Agreed. Also this board isn't for the players or the coaches or the ND administrators .. this board is for the fans to discuss whatever the hell they want about the football program. We don't need people censoring their opinions/comments based on some off chance a player/coach/admin is reading the board.

I'm not advocating for censorship. These are 18-22 year olds that (1) wake up at 5 and train for a chance to play at ND, and then go to a full day of classes, (2) aren't getting paid, and (3) are already trying to tune out the noise from everyone else that wants to see them fail. At a MINIMUM, they deserve positivity and support from those that call themselves fans of the program. If we aren't going to get behind the players and the team, then who is? So again...either get behind your own f******* team or shut the f*** up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT