ADVERTISEMENT

Book out vs FSU?

Has Kelly or anyone confirmed that this is only a single game injury? Or is that something we are all just assuming?

If they go back to calling the offense the way they did when Wimbush was starting ... it could be ugly .... if they call the offense the way they did when Book started we should be more than fine.

That's a ridiculous statement. Has it ever occurred to you that maybe they ran more with Wimbush because they knew he couldn't throw as well as they liked? If you have a QB who can hit 3 out of 4 passes, isn't it more logical to trust him to throw the ball more than a guy who hits about 50 percent of his passes, including a number of jump balls?

Reactions: 8th Man
Book is out. But this might actually help us. I know Book is our leader. But we are gonna hammer the run on FSU. We’re going to test their will. This is a play callers game. YOU HAVE TO HAMMER THEM. Stick with the run. Against weaker competition, it is tempting to just go to the air and expose the mismatches. That’s called letting your emotions get the best of you. No, no, no....we are gonna pound FSU in the cold...this is what football is all about! Who has the fight, the heart, the strength? This game is gonna be awesome! I just hate the fact that I’m gonna be praying for ND and in disgust if it’s FSU!

Reactions: mrwigglesby21
That's a ridiculous statement. Has it ever occurred to you that maybe they ran more with Wimbush because they knew he couldn't throw as well as they liked? If you have a QB who can hit 3 out of 4 passes, isn't it more logical to trust him to throw the ball more than a guy who hits about 50 percent of his passes, including a number of jump balls?

Ridiculous is your reaction …. assuming Wimbush can't throw a short pass is ridiculous ….. he may not be as good at short passes …. he is better at long passes ….. regardless …. not letting him attempt to throw and running that garbage QB read up the middle on 1st down is conceding 1st down and moving to 2nd and long …

Ask yourself why our offense looked like garbage in the 1st half against NW last week … because even Book can't consistently bail us out of long ydg down and distance because of that stupid play …. NW's interior lineman made us look awful (like everyone else) when we run it. Garbage teams can stop that play …. Pitt anyone?

Wimbush could miss a few short passes but I bet he hits most of them even if it isn't as high a % as Book. Which is far better than conceding 1st down to 2nd and long

SO YES! …. it occurred to me they thought of that …. and it still sounds stupid when you say it …. ;)

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Ridiculous is your reaction …. assuming Wimbush can't throw a short pass is ridiculous ….. he may not be as good at short passes …. he is better at long passes ….. regardless …. not letting him attempt to throw and running that garbage QB read up the middle on 1st down is conceding 1st down and moving to 2nd and long …

Ask yourself why our offense looked like garbage in the 1st half against NW last week … because even Book can't consistently bail us out of long ydg down and distance because of that stupid play …. NW's interior lineman made us look awful (like everyone else) when we run it. Garbage teams can stop that play …. Pitt anyone?

Wimbush could miss a few short passes but I bet he hits most of them even if it isn't as high a % as Book. Which is far better than conceding 1st down to 2nd and long

SO YES! …. it occurred to me they thought of that …. and it still sounds stupid when you say it …. ;)

We actually watched him struggle throwing all sorts of passes for much of last year and the first four games of this year.

But I apologize because since you know more about coaching football and coaching basketball than either of the guys coaching those sports for Notre Dame, you must be busy fielding their calls for advice.

"If he answered the question saying there were no injuries that would keep someone out of the FSU game, isn't it possible that he didn't know that the injury was bad enough to keep Book out."

Beach -- you are asking that question to the wrong crowd -- they feel entitled that Kelly get out all information to the message board experts timely...
Thinking a coaches is bad is fine but you have to at least be fair.

Reactions: Kelso86
Thinking a coaches is bad is fine but you have to at least be fair.

Now that's a novel concept. (And here I thought you were a regular reader of this board who would know that it is endless complaining.)

BW comes out throwing bombs. I check the board at halftime, like I always do. I laugh at all the knee jerk reactions.....

Kelly said in tonight’s PC that Book is “day-to-day,” but that he’s been limited, and Wimbush has taken most of the snaps this week. So it sounds like Book hasn’t been completely ruled out yet.

Has Kelly or anyone confirmed that this is only a single game injury? Or is that something we are all just assuming?

Reading BK’s presser, it seems pretty obvious that while they knew he got banged up a bit on Sat, they didn’t know there was a “problem” until the next day or two. Again, my interpretation only, but it seems like he then started get8ng BW ready while letting Ian take it easy a bit. Guessing they would love to let him take the game off as long as we are winning.

So yes, I think all any of us can do is assume unless BK calls them and tells them differently.

Reading BK’s presser, it seems pretty obvious that while they knew he got banged up a bit on Sat, they didn’t know there was a “problem” until the next day or two. Again, my interpretation only, but it seems like he then started get8ng BW ready while letting Ian take it easy a bit. Guessing they would love to let him take the game off as long as we are winning.

So yes, I think all any of us can do is assume unless BK calls them and tells them differently.
He seemed to play well enough after that hit. It wasn’t on the last play of the game.

Who's acting like drama queens and who said BW is the worst QB ever? We have a back up QB with a ton of experience playing under the bright lights starting this Saturday. He can't throw like Ian but he runs a lot better. It is what it is. The fans are behind BW.
I guess reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. Here are just a few of the comments:
"9-1 is not so bad I guess"
"Mich would beat our ass with Winbush" - Except they didn't
"Game got a whole lot harder"
"Wrong game to lose Book"
"Winbush is a really bad QB"
And that was only the first two pages of the thread. I stand by what I said "drama queens". OMG BW is playing under the "bright lights". He's a big boy, he can handle it.

What I find interesting is that you took the time to read through four pages of this thread to cherry pick those comments, and glossed over the supportive , positive comments. That's a lot of wasted time to try and prove a point that no one will remember tomorrow. How do any of these comments affect you? Just relax, enjoy the season, and take a free message board for what it is. A meeting of the great minds.

Updated - read that BK confirmed it is ribs (from being kneed) and he fully expects Ian back for the Syracuse game.

We actually watched him struggle throwing all sorts of passes for much of last year and the first four games of this year.

But I apologize because since you know more about coaching football and coaching basketball than either of the guys coaching those sports for Notre Dame, you must be busy fielding their calls for advice.

Throwing when it's 3rd and long ... or even 2nd and long is not the same as throwing the ball on 1st down or even a short down and distance. In one instance the defense is expecting it ... the other they are not ..... it matters .... duh :eek:

Throwing when it's 3rd and long ... or even 2nd and long is not the same as throwing the ball on 1st down or even a short down and distance. In one instance the defense is expecting it ... the other they are not ..... it matters .... duh :eek:

Again, thank you for taking the time to impart some of your vast knowledge about football. Please don't respond anymore; I'm sure you are busy working on the final version of the game plan you want Kelly to run. Now, if he didn't have that order of protection against you, maybe you could deliver it to him personally.

Again, thank you for taking the time to impart some of your vast knowledge about football. Please don't respond anymore; I'm sure you are busy working on the final version of the game plan you want Kelly to run. Now, if he didn't have that order of protection against you, maybe you could deliver it to him personally.

If BK would listen it would result in an improvement schematically .... you can feel free to respond all you want and continue to expose your ignorance .... this isn't the hard stuff .... the IQ on this board sometimes is beyond stupid ..... you have no clue how to explain player results and team results

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT