ADVERTISEMENT

Book in 2020?

Phil has more upside/ potential than Book.

He is not a better qb than Book right now.

Book is our starting qb and will be all year.

and probably next. Save these threads, save posting time n effort.

Phil really does, but Book is incredibly efficient especially last year and now improving this year. Phil might not ever reach his ceiling, but if he does he, he could be incredible. Alabama and Clemson both took chances with young QBs in place of efficient older QBs and it has paid off for both. I’m not sure Phil can reach Tua or Lawrence levels, bough.

Phil really does, but Book is incredibly efficient especially last year and now improving this year. Phil might not ever reach his ceiling, but if he does he, he could be incredible. Alabama and Clemson both took chances with young QBs in place of efficient older QBs and it has paid off for both. I’m not sure Phil can reach Tua or Lawrence levels, bough.

Phil is not the most accurate passer either.
and we know BK does not change horses easily.
Book is steady - consistent- reliable and most of all predictable. BK love that Rees like quality.

Phil is not the most accurate passer either.
and we know BK does not change horses easily.
Book is steady - consistent- reliable and most of all predictable. BK love that Rees like quality.

There’s more of a Chance Phil doesn’t get close to Book’s QBR numbers then surpasses them and Kelly knows that. To be fair, though, Book is much, much better than Rees.

Reactions: francade
There’s more of a Chance Phil doesn’t get close to Book’s QBR numbers then surpasses them and Kelly knows that. To be fair, though, Book is much, much better than Rees.

and BK loved TR, so how much more will he love Book?

You and @napy2121 tried so hard to "fight" when I told you that Jurkovec would overtake Book if he didn't start improving FAST.

Within a few days of me saying it......Kelly proves me right by getting Jurkovec into 1st team reps.
(and it's not just BGSU, as Phil didn't get them before New Mexico)

Whether you like it or not, you're already in the corner with the dunce cap!
So BK gave the gameball to Book.... do you still believe he is going to get benched or are you backing down from your 100% right (still dont know about what) claim?

So BK gave the gameball to Book.... do you still believe he is going to get benched or are you backing down from your 100% right (still dont know about what) claim?
It just seems like BK is doing everything he can to get book right for the USC and UM game. Book has everything he needs to be successful in those games, it up to him now. As most as said, if book plays well in the pocket vs USC and UM he will have the QB position for as long as he wants it. If book plays like he did vs Louisville, Virginia, NM to an extent, and Georgia to an extent, phil could start seeing some meaningful reps starting vtech.

BK wants Book to improve....just like we all do. But Book hasn't done it yet. That's why BK would do something like giving him a game ball, to build his confidence and hope that helps.

But given that Jurkovec is now getting 1st teams reps....yes, Book is being pushed.

What Book does against BGSU is irrelevant.
If Book doesn't show improvement against USC and Michigan, it's likely that you'll see Jurkovec start to overtake him.

These next 2 games are the moment of truth for Book.

It just seems like BK is doing everything he can to get book right for the USC and UM game. Book has everything he needs to be successful in those games, it up to him now. As most as said, if book plays well in the pocket vs USC and UM he will have the QB position for as long as he wants it. If book plays like he did vs Louisville, Virginia, NM to an extent, and Georgia to an extent, phil could start seeing some meaningful reps starting vtech.

Exactly!

BK wants Book to improve....just like we all do. But Book hasn't done it yet. That's why BK would do something like giving him a game ball, to build his confidence and hope that helps.

But given that Jurkovec is now getting 1st teams reps....yes, Book is being pushed.

What Book does against BGSU is irrelevant.
If Book doesn't show improvement against USC and Michigan, it's likely that you'll see Jurkovec start to overtake him.

These next 2 games are the moment of truth for Book.
Ok, so are you still 100% right? And if so, what are you right about?

Ok, so are you still 100% right? And if so, what are you right about?

Absolutely!
BK already proved that I was 100% right...by getting Jurk 1st team reps.

As I've always said:
Book needs to start improving FAST or Jurk will overtake him.

BK showed that he's moving in exactly this direction. He's still giving Book a chance to improve, but he's already letting Jurk put pressure on him.

Absolutely!

As I've always said:

BK showed that he's moving in exactly this direction. He's still giving Book a chance to improve, but he's already letting Jurk put pressure on him.
So you are 100% right in that Books needs to improve or Jurk will overtake him. This was proven by PJ getting first team reps. So, if PJ gets less or no first team reps this week, you will be 100% proven wrong? Because I view PJ as getting first team reps before Bowling Green as just an expectation to get some backups in.... call me crazy.

Honestly, I dont even know what we are arguing.... I was just looped into wearing a dunce cap by someone who thinks they are 100% right on a message board based on the fact that a 2nd stringer is getting more reps......

If in the end BK thinks PJ is better than Book... I support his decision as he knows way more than you and I (and everyone on here) combined.... and he is actually at practice.... we are not. To act like we know anything that is going on is ignorant.

Not true.

Giving him reps going into a 45 point underdog game is intended to give him experience in the event that Book gets injured or needs a rest.

The conclusion you reached isn’t a fact.

The only fact is that PJ ran first team reps.

Based on your convoluted logic, Phil didn’t fare well against BG so he was pulled in favor of the 3rd string QB.

By the way, who’s throwing motion is more fundamentally sound.

And why did PJ throw such an inaccurate short pass on his TD throw if he’s as good as you claim ?
why was Book late on the td throw to Claypool and cause the receiver to have to slow up and reach back for the ball ? you can play that silly game all day long. Both QBs performed well.

Absolutely!

As I've always said:

disagree. no way Jurkovec plays ahead of Book unless there is an injury.

So you are 100% right in that Books needs to improve or Jurk will overtake him. This was proven by PJ getting first team reps. So, if PJ gets less or no first team reps this week, you will be 100% proven wrong? Because I view PJ as getting first team reps before Bowling Green as just an expectation to get some backups in.... call me crazy.

Honestly, I dont even know what we are arguing.... I was just looped into wearing a dunce cap by someone who thinks they are 100% right on a message board based on the fact that a 2nd stringer is getting more reps......

If in the end BK thinks PJ is better than Book... I support his decision as he knows way more than you and I (and everyone on here) combined.... and he is actually at practice.... we are not. To act like we know anything that is going on is ignorant.
a sprinkling of first team reps happens pretty much all the time everywhere in practice for the backup QB. it's just good ,sound policy. Because Jurkovec gets a few as he should doesn't mean anything.

Reactions: nemeth#5

Again, you tried to fight back when I previously told you:
"If Book doesn't improve, Jurkovec will overtake him"......you tried sooo hard.

And then BK started getting Jurk 1st team reps in practice
- That DID NOT happen before New Mexico
- You DON'T get 1st Team Reps if all you're asked to do is play with backups

So yes...BK made it totally clear that I was RIGHT and that Book was being pushed.

But instead of simply admitting "You're 100% right, I'm a dunce and misread the situation. Thank you for correcting my pathetic ignorance"....you keep trying this.

So I keep on hammering you.

If Book continues to stagnate, he'll be replaced just as Wimbush was.

Jurk getting 1st team reps is a clear sign of that, as are BK's comments about Book needing to improve.

Again, you tried to fight back when I previously told you:
"If Book doesn't improve, Jurkovec will overtake him"......you tried sooo hard.

And then BK started getting Jurk 1st team reps in practice
- That DID NOT happen before New Mexico
- You DON'T get 1st Team Reps if all you're asked to do is play with backups

So yes...BK made it totally clear that I was RIGHT and that Book was being pushed.

But instead of simply admitting "You're 100% right, I'm a dunce and misread the situation. Thank you for correcting my pathetic ignorance"....you keep trying this.

So I keep on hammering you.

So, if PJ doesnt get as many reps this week.... you are back to being wrong?

This is how you are viewed FYI.
latest

Reactions: francade
a sprinkling of first team reps happens pretty much all the time everywhere in practice for the backup QB. it's just good ,sound policy. Because Jurkovec gets a few as he should doesn't mean anything.
I agree 100%. But someone needs to be told they are right because they called PJ getting some reps with the 1's before Bowling Green lol.

So, if PJ doesnt get as many reps this week.... you are back to being wrong?

If Book struggles against USC and Jurk somehow regresses in 1st team reps (and we somehow find out about that)...then sure.

But that's not happening, and BK made that clear by INCREASING Jurk's 1st team reps.

Again, BK already PROVED that I'm right.

At this point, I'm just toying with you bc you're choosing to argue a point that has been PROVEN wrong.

If Book struggles against USC and Jurk somehow regresses in 1st team reps (and we somehow find out about that)...then sure.

But that's not happening, and BK made that clear by INCREASING Jurk's 1st team reps.

At this point, I'm just toying with you bc you're choosing to argue a point that has been PROVEN wrong.
hahahahahaha. Delusional.

Typical response of a fool who has no facts to rely.

Again.....BK has already PROVEN that I'm 100% right, and have been this whole time.
Look dude we have been through this. You think BK has proven you right somehow simply based on the fact PJ got more reps last week. In my opinion, there is a strong possibility he got more reps because of the upcoming opponent and the high likely hood of him being able to get some in game reps.... call me crazy I guess.

You think you are right.... I think BK was just being a smart HC and getting his backup more reps (while also maybe pushing Book a bit)... that is it. Your way of viewing things vs mine... keep kicking that horse and banging your drum.... see where it gets you. You are really hung up on being right.... which if you want my advice, you have came to the worst place in the world to get approval from anyone. Start with your parents....

Look dude we have been through this. You think BK has proven you right somehow simply based on the fact PJ got more reps last week. In my opinion, there is a strong possibility he got more reps because of the upcoming opponent and the high likely hood of him being able to get some in game reps.... call me crazy I guess.

You think you are right.... I think BK was just being a smart HC and getting his backup more reps (while also maybe pushing Book a bit)... that is it. Your way of viewing things vs mine... keep kicking that horse and banging your drum.... see where it gets you. You are really hung up on being right.... which if you want my advice, you have came to the worst place in the world to get approval from anyone. Start with your parents....

Your issue is that your "view" isn't supported by facts.

Jurkovec didn't get a bunch of 1st Team Reps against New Mexico, even though they knew he (and all backups) were going to get time there too.

Again, BK has PROVEN that I'm 100% right already...there simply isn't a debate.

That's why I'm having so much fun laughing at you....try to fight proven facts with "your view".

Your issue is that your "view" isn't supported by facts.

Jurkovec didn't get a bunch of 1st Team Reps against New Mexico, even though they knew he (and all backups) were going to get time there too.

Again, BK has PROVEN that I'm 100% right already...there simply isn't a debate.

That's why I'm having so much fun laughing at you....try to fight proven facts with "your view".
Or maybe because he thought Book needed the extra reps before the New Mexico game.... being it was earlier in the season? So, if you are in fact 'right' PJ will still be getting extra first team reps this week right? You already stated if PJ gets less reps... and we find out.... you will be wrong.

Also, the all caps thing combined with the 100% ultimate right/wrong thing is day one stuff for debating on the internet.... I suggest losing it.... I stopped doing that in middle school MSN messenger days back in 2002.

I don't think Phil plays ahead of Ian at any point this season, but if Ian doesn't improve against good teams and show it vs USC and UM then we could start seeing phil play some meaningful minutes/series later this season.

Or maybe because he thought Book needed the extra reps before the New Mexico game.... being it was earlier in the season? So, if you are in fact 'right' PJ will still be getting extra first team reps this week right? You already stated if PJ gets less reps... and we find out.... you will be wrong.

Also, the all caps thing combined with the 100% ultimate right/wrong thing is day one stuff for debating on the internet.... I suggest losing it.... I stopped doing that in middle school MSN messenger days back in 2002.

If Book continues to stagnate and Jurk gets fewer reps...sure.

But as BK has already PROVEN that's not the case. Jurk's reps are increasing and putting pressure on Book. As are BK's own comments.

All you have is "well, what if that all totally reverses??"

I get it, you don't like being proven wrong and publicly exposed for your ignorance. I doubt anyone does.

But that doesn't do anything to reduce how BK has PROVEN me correct and you wrong already.

Deal with the facts, not your imagined hypotheticals.

I don't think Phil plays ahead of Ian at any point this season, but if Ian doesn't improve against good teams and show it vs USC and UM then we could start seeing phil play some meaningful minutes/series later this season.

It's pretty clear that if Book continues to stagnate/struggle against USC and Michigan that Jurkovec will start to overtake.

But Book can prevent that by FINALLY showing improvement in the areas that he can realistically control (pocket presence, reads, and willingness to go downfield)

If Book continues to stagnate and Jurk gets fewer reps...sure.

But as BK has already PROVEN that's not the case. Jurk's reps are increasing and putting pressure on Book. As are BK's own comments.

All you have is "well, what if that all totally reverses??"

I get it, you don't like being proven wrong and publicly exposed for your ignorance. I doubt anyone does.

But that doesn't do anything to reduce how BK has PROVEN me correct and you wrong already.

Deal with the facts, not your imagined hypotheticals.
Dude... what facts? We keep going in circles. This is a matter of opinion on an answer to a made up message board question.

Facts and my countered OPINION (does all caps work better for you?)
PJ gets snaps with the 1's ahead of Bowling Green.- It is a 46 point favorite game... he was anticipating a blow out. If he doesnt get the same amount of snaps this week.... it will side with my view of it lol.... and that it was only for a crap opponent.
BK says Book needs to play better- Uhh....... yep he does?
Book took more snaps before other bad opponents like NM. It was a few weeks into the season and Book needed as many snaps as possible.

Dude... what facts? We keep going in circles. This is a matter of opinion on an answer to a made up message board question.

PJ gets snaps with the 1's ahead of Bowling Green.- It is a 46 point favorite game... he was anticipating a blow out. If he doesnt get the same amount of snaps this week.... it will side with my view of it lol.... and that it was only for a crap opponent.
Book took more snaps before other bad opponents like NM. It was a few weeks into the season and Book needed as many snaps as possible.

Facts
- Jurk is getting 1st team reps now
- Jurk wasn't getting those reps earlier (against similar opponents)
- Book commented on Book needs to improve, before giving Jurk those reps
- BK already has proven he'll replace struggling QBs on winning teams

The facts make it as cut-and-dried as it can possibly be.

I've been PROVEN right already...and your "opinion" based on literally no facts does absolutely nothing to counter that.

This is why I'm having so much fun hammering you for your ignorance!

Facts
- Jurk is getting 1st team reps now
- Jurk wasn't getting those reps earlier (against similar opponents)
- Book commented on Book needs to improve, before giving Jurk those reps
- BK already has proven he'll replace struggling QBs on winning teams

The facts make it as cut-and-dried as it can possibly be.

I've been PROVEN right already...and your "opinion" based on literally no facts does absolutely nothing to counter that.

This is why I'm having so much fun hammering you for your ignorance!
Not even arguing those facts.... as you can see I literally posted them in my last post? Is PJ getting first team reps this week? As much as he did last week? As you already admitted, if he goes down in first team reps you will be wrong. I read his presser transcript and there is no mention of either Book or PJ which means that he is fully planning on playing the QB who had more TD's than incompletions (crazy, I know).

Not even arguing those facts.... as you can see I literally posted them in my last post? Is PJ getting first team reps this week? As much as he did last week? As you already admitted, if he goes down in first team reps you will be wrong. I read his presser transcript and there is no mention of either Book or PJ which means that he is fully planning on playing the QB who had more TD's than incompletions (crazy, I know).

Are you drunk?

If Book struggles against USC and Michigan and Jurks reps go down....then yes. But a scrimmage against BGSU obviously changes nothing.

It's like you try to ignore facts, simply bc you don't like them.

Are you drunk?

If Book struggles against USC and Michigan and Jurks reps go down....then yes. But a scrimmage against BGSU obviously changes nothing.

It's like you try to ignore facts, simply bc you don't like them.
I am starting to think I am drunk/high for continuing to try and open your eyes. You have it in your head and it wont be changed.

... you keep your 'opinion.' I will keep mine.

Go Irish.

Reactions: Catholicfan95

only someone who has attended all the practices knows the exact number of reps anyone gets. the media certainly is not present for the entire practice session. Jurkovec getting some doesn't mean anything. maybe it's more of a matter that he's earned them. certainly doesn't indicate a change is possible. again it's just good policy. reading anything more into it than that is silly.

I am starting to think I am drunk/high for continuing to try and open your eyes. You have it in your head and it wont be changed.

... you keep your 'opinion.' I will keep mine.

Go Irish.

Only issue is....my opinion is based on FACTS, while your "opinion" is literally debunked by them.

And, as usual, you do nothing to address that.

only someone who has attended all the practices knows the exact number of reps anyone gets. the media certainly is not present for the entire practice session.

Fortunately, BK attends all the practices and told the media that Jurk was getting more 1st team reps starting last week himself.

Really addresses the problem that you pointed out, in that respect.

Obviously, access to additional information is a problem moving forward.

Only issue is....my opinion is based on FACTS, while your "opinion" is literally debunked by them.

And, as usual, you do nothing to address that.

Maybe you missed this post?

Book took more snaps before other bad opponents like NM. It was a few weeks into the season and Book needed as many snaps as possible

Guaranteed he won't sitting on the bench.

If Book returns it could be transfer city at the QB position in South Bend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT