ADVERTISEMENT

Book in 2020?

I wanted to make sure it was decker and now the board knows. I’m pretty sure coach D had him perma banned but D is gone. I just wanted to be sure. But you are definitely right and he’s a glutton for punishment so this won’t end he’s got an endless parade of bad points and has stopped using any logic so I should just exit and leave him to his gifs.

Jesus.

So what are you worse at......sports or dates?
(Hint: I was here BEFORE Bryan left)

"Baseball experience is the same thing as coaching football, when it comes to being a football analyst"
- @napy2121

Copy and paste for the self own. Bye decker

I can't decide what is better
(1) You think baseball and football are the same thing
(2) You think Jurkovec won't overtake Book, if Book doesn't start improving

giphy.gif

The great philosopher basho once said, "a flute without holes, is not a flute"
"A donut without a hole is a danish"

Funny guy

I believe some of his other quotes were:

"A baseball reporter who who tries to analyze football....is still a baseball reporting"

"Ignoring the facts doesn't make the go away"

Wise man, imo

I believe some of his other quotes were:

"A baseball reporter who who tries to analyze football....is still a baseball reporting"

"Ignoring the facts doesn't make the go away"

Wise man, imo

Mine was a movie quote from CaddyShack ya dingus, as was the "well, that's just like, your opinion man"-The Big Lebowski

I take nothing you say seriously

Mine was a movie quote from CaddyShack ya dingus, as was the "well, that's just like, your opinion man"-The Big Lebowski

I take nothing you say seriously

Mine were quotes from dingus's on this very board.

And they were entirely serious when they said them!

Scrolling through these ridiculous thread I picked up on a few things.... some of ya'll need to get off the computer after a while.... maybe realize you can never change someones opinion, especially when your opinion will never change. The best part of this thread was the Lebowski and Caddyshack quotes..... That somehow flew over most peoples head.

"Planer Earth"?
So are you some kind of flat-earther??

Must be why you were unable to read the practice report that specifically stated that Jurkovec had outplayed Book at times during Fall Camp.

If Book doesn't start improving soon, Jurkovec will overtake him.
Not happening
Remarkable self own to keep repeating garbage. You got anything substantive or would you like more ?
Nappy,
You can't argue with a half wit.

There were some practice reports that had Phil throwing it better than Ian, but no one for a second claimed books job was in jeopardy. I’m not sold on Phil and his throwing motion, but he should get a ton of time his game to get experience. And also for me to evaluate :)
Don't remember one of those reports.

Not happening

Nappy,
You can't argue with a half wit.
Don't remember one of those reports.

Simply go read the article linked earlier in this very thread.

No matter how much @napy2121 cries about it, the fact remains that all ACTUAL ANALYSTS had Jurkovec down as repeatedly outperforming Book during Fall Camp....as Book stagnated.

We've now seen that playout on the field too (though in minimal snaps for Phil)

IF PJ can beat out Book, then that is because he has elevated his game and thus the QB position. IF not then you have a successful experienced returning QB: win, win?

what is happening? BK is getting Phil prepared to get a lot of snaps with the 1's if we get up huge on Bowling Green? Or do you think that PJ is about to take over Book as the starter?
He's prepping him for a lot of minutes with the ones. PJ will need to play in a few games in meaningful situations (not BG) and play well before he turns it over to him and benches book. I don't see it happening this year even if book continues to execute the passing game poorly. We can still go 11-1 with the way book is playing, D will continue to have to improve.

Reactions: nemeth#5
what is happening? BK is getting Phil prepared to get a lot of snaps with the 1's if we get up huge on Bowling Green? Or do you think that PJ is about to take over Book as the starter?

Jurkovec is now being put into a position to push Book.

Getting major snaps with the 1's in practice is the starting point for a QB competition or transition (in season, it would be a straight transition).

If Jurkovec performs and Book continues to stagnate/struggle, Jurkovec will overtake him.

Exactly as I said!

He's prepping him for a lot of minutes with the ones. PJ will need to play in a few games in meaningful situations (not BG) and play well before he turns it over to him and benches book. I don't see it happening this year even if book continues to execute the passing game poorly. We can still go 11-1 with the way book is playing, D will continue to have to improve.

If the UGA level of Book continues....there won't be real competition until the off-season. Although there would definitely be one then, if Book stays.

However, if UVA Book continues....I wouldn't be surprised to see Jurkovec either completely start or at least rotate @Michgan (follow the BYE week).

Getting major snaps with the 1's in practice is the starting point for a QB competition or transition (in season, it would be a straight transition).

If Jurkovec performs and Book continues to stagnate/struggle, Jurkovec will overtake him.

Exactly as I said!
orrrr they are 46 point favorites and it would be ridiculous to not let your backup QB get some reps with the first string..... seems like standard operating procedure for me? I guess its all how you want to view it.

Reactions: Catholicfan95

Exactly as I said!

I think the snaps with the first team this week in practice are mainly due to the fact that this is the best opportunity Phil will have to get meaningful reps in a game with first team starters. It is really unclear as to how much time he is going to get with the first team, but I would venture to say that he will get a healthy amount of snaps, probably more than Ian does (both 1st team and 2nd throughout the game). Why would you not want to use this chance to let Phil work in with the 1st team? If something were to happen to Ian we would need him to be ready, confident and prepared to do so. His lack of in game experience with the 1st makes this the obvious chance to get the most reps. Besides you have more to gain playing Phil than Ian in a game like this where you are likely to win big. injury chance goes down for Book, game experience goes up for Phil, win win.

As far as saying "If he (Ian) does not play well than Phil will overtake him" well to me that is fairly obvious, you want the best guy out there, it does not take any kind of journalism or creative thinking to make that point, its fairly obvious. I think that it is unfair to assume, especially without you being in building or at practice, to say that they are using this as an opportunity to let Phil overtake Book. I think it would be unwise to base Phil's success off of one game against bowling green as a factor to replace Book as the starter.

Point being, Ian Book is the starting QB for the foreseeable future and the staff along with Kelly have made that clear. Everyone is always looking to improve and Ian is in that boat, don't use that as some kind of knock against the kid. He is taking care of the ball and winning games. Sure i would love to see him play better, be more aggressive downfield, hit Kmet on the seam when he is lined up Z, learn to avoid pressure in the pocket while keeping eyes up field, but he is getting there and we have not seen the best of Ian Book yet this year! ( I mean the UGA game was not bad Ian Book. Finke could have/should have caught that ball. Flee flicker int was a great play mixed with, imo, poor play calling given the situation. 29 for 47 275 yards 61.7% 0 sacks, 2 TDs & 2ints, really not a bad game what so ever. Lets get the run game right and see what this kid can do when the offense has a more balanced attack. PA, 2 TE sets, we are yet to see a lot of this so lets just slow down before we deem him a liability to win games. there are 10 other guys out there we need helping him).
There are plenty of big games yet to play, and chances for him to lead this team to a 11-1 record.

Last edited:
orrrr they are 46 point favorites and it would be ridiculous to not let your backup QB get some reps with the first string..... seems like standard operating procedure for me? I guess its all how you want to view it.

Jurkovec wasn't getting 1st team reps in practice when we were massive favorites against New Mexico.

As Book has stuggled since then....Phil has now moved into a position to start pushing him (if he continues to stagnate/struggle).

Exactly as I told you!
And now Kelly has publicly and expressly stated that I am 100% right!!

I get that you've humiliated yourself trying to fight me on this....I get that I've just hammered you with these obvious fact.

But it's over now. Kelly just confirmed everything I've said.
It's time for you to sit in the corner with the dunce cap!!

Besides QB's struggle in college it happens. Look at Trevor Lawrence right now his stats are worse than Book. You do not see people calling for him to go? It takes time to get these things right so, everyone just RELAX.

Jurkovec wasn't getting 1st team reps in practice when we were massive favorites against New Mexico.

As Book has stuggled since then....Phil has now moved into a position to start pushing him (if he continues to stagnate/struggle).

Exactly as I told you!
And now Kelly has publicly and expressly stated that I am 100% right!!

I get that you've humiliated yourself trying to fight me on this....I get that I've just hammered you with these obvious fact.

But it's over now. Kelly just confirmed everything I've said.
It's time for you to sit in the corner with the dunce cap!!
WTF are you talking about? What are you 100% right about? I dont even remember what your opinion was. Now you are claiming you are 100% right because BK said the backup is getting more reps in practice before a 46 point favorite game?

Chill out New Guy. You have not hammered me with any facts, I am not humiliated... and I wont sit in any corner with any dunce hat on.

Also, if you are looking for approval and being 100% right on anything.... this message board is not the place.... there are certain people on here who would belive the sun sets in the East if their respective politician told them so.

WTF are you talking about? What are you 100% right about? I dont even remember what your opinion was. Now you are claiming you are 100% right because BK said the backup is getting more reps in practice before a 46 point favorite game?

Chill out New Guy. You have not hammered me with any facts, I am not humiliated... and I wont sit in any corner with any dunce hat on.

Also, if you are looking for approval and being 100% right on anything.... this message board is not the place.... there are certain people on here who would belive the sun sets in the East if their respective politician told them so.

You and @napy2121 tried so hard to "fight" when I told you that Jurkovec would overtake Book if he didn't start improving FAST.

Within a few days of me saying it......Kelly proves me right by getting Jurkovec into 1st team reps.
(and it's not just BGSU, as Phil didn't get them before New Mexico)

Whether you like it or not, you're already in the corner with the dunce cap!

I think the snaps with the first team this week in practice are mainly due to the fact that this is the best opportunity Phil will have to get meaningful reps in a game with first team starters. It is really unclear as to how much time he is going to get with the first team, but I would venture to say that he will get a healthy amount of snaps, probably more than Ian does (both 1st team and 2nd throughout the game). Why would you not want to use this chance to let Phil work in with the 1st team? If something were to happen to Ian we would need him to be ready, confident and prepared to do so. His lack of in game experience with the 1st makes this the obvious chance to get the most reps. Besides you have more to gain playing Phil than Ian in a game like this where you are likely to win big. injury chance goes down for Book, game experience goes up for Phil, win win.

As far as saying "If he (Ian) does not play well than Phil will overtake him" well to me that is fairly obvious, you want the best guy out there, it does not take any kind of journalism or creative thinking to make that point, its fairly obvious. I think that it is unfair to assume, especially without you being in building or at practice, to say that they are using this as an opportunity to let Phil overtake Book. I think it would be unwise to base Phil's success off of one game against bowling green as a factor to replace Book as the starter.

Point being, Ian Book is the starting QB for the foreseeable future and the staff along with Kelly have made that clear. Everyone is always looking to improve and Ian is in that boat, don't use that as some kind of knock against the kid. He is taking care of the ball and winning games. Sure i would love to see him play better, be more aggressive downfield, hit Kmet on the seam when he is lined up Z, learn to avoid pressure in the pocket while keeping eyes up field, but he is getting there and we have not seen the best of Ian Book yet this year! ( I mean the UGA game was not bad Ian Book. Finke could have/should have caught that ball. Flee flicker int was a great play mixed with, imo, poor play calling given the situation. 29 for 47 275 yards 61.7% 0 sacks, 2 TDs & 2ints, really not a bad game what so ever. Lets get the run game right and see what this kid can do when the offense has a more balanced attack. PA, 2 TE sets, we are yet to see a lot of this so lets just slow down before we deem him a liability to win games. there are 10 other guys out there we need helping him).
There are plenty of big games yet to play, and chances for him to lead this team to a 11-1 record.

Jurkovec didn't get 1st team reps before New Mexico....but he's getting them now.

Why?
Bc Book has been consistently stagnating/struggling.

If Book doesn't start improving, Jurkovec will overtake
(by 2020 at the very very latest)

And yes, Book played very poorly against UVA

Jurkovec didn't get 1st team reps before New Mexico....but he's getting them now.

Why?
Bc Book has been consistently stagnating/struggling.

If Book doesn't start improving, Jurkovec will overtake
(by 2020 at the very very latest)

And yes, Book played very poorly against UVA
Book has Bowling Green (like i said before and after NM, do not get your hopes up with whatever happens vs BG), USC, and Michigan to prove his ability. If we lose any of those I think you start seeing Phil in meaningful real game situations vs Tech. Only way we lose and I think book permanently keeps his job is if the D implodes (don't see that happening).

Reactions: NewMember21

Exactly as I said!

Or, maybe they anticipate an opportunity to get him some actual game experience in a game well in hand! I do not think the staff is displeased in any way with Book.

Or, maybe they anticipate an opportunity to get him some actual game experience in a game well in hand! I do not think the staff is displeased in any way with Book.

And they didn't anticipate that with New Mexico???

Kelly disagree's with you...he said Book needs to be better.
Long disagree's with you...he said Book needs to be better.

So...

You and @napy2121 tried so hard to "fight" when I told you that Jurkovec would overtake Book if he didn't start improving FAST.

Within a few days of me saying it......Kelly proves me right by getting Jurkovec into 1st team reps.
(and it's not just BGSU, as Phil didn't get them before New Mexico)

Whether you like it or not, you're already in the corner with the dunce cap!
You are delusional...... re-read everything and tell me who is the dunce.... you are trying to force yourself into being right on something that none of us control. Chill out dude.

Reactions: Catholicfan95
You are delusional...... re-read everything and tell me who is the dunce.... you are trying to force yourself into being right on something that none of us control. Chill out dude.

BK literally just came out and PROVED me correct
-- BK had already said Book needs to improve
-- BK had already said Jurkovec was impressing

Now....BK says that Jurkovec is getting starter reps in practice.

He couldn't have made it any more clear if he tried....Jurkovec will overtake Book, if Book doesn't start improving FAST.

I was literally 100% right....and you spent an entire thread crying about it!

Enjoy your dunce cap over in the corner!

source.gif

I can't decide what is better
(1) You think baseball and football are the same thing

(2) You think Jurkovec won't overtake Book, if Book doesn't start improving

Please provide your expert opinion on Jurkovec’s throwing motion.

Whose throwing motion is more fundamentally sound, Book’s or Jurkovec’s

Then tell us how accurate Phil is.

Hahaha here he goes again. I love it

Book has great throwing motion but his mental ability in the pocket is pop Warner.

The great philosopher basho once said, "a flute without holes, is not a flute"
"A donut without a hole is a danish"

Funny guy

And yet you can buy the donut holes! Actually they s/b more correctly called
“danish holes” !

BK literally just came out and PROVED me correct
-- BK had already said Book needs to improve
-- BK had already said Jurkovec was impressing

Now....BK says that Jurkovec is getting starter reps in practice.

He couldn't have made it any more clear if he tried....Jurkovec will overtake Book, if Book doesn't start improving FAST.

I was literally 100% right....and you spent an entire thread crying about it!

Enjoy your dunce cap over in the corner!

source.gif
So BK says book needs to improve and phill is impressing him. And that makes your right? Right about what? I think you need to chill out. This is a message board and you are way to concerned about being “right”. Mommy not hug you enough ?

Simply go read the article linked earlier in this very thread.

No matter how much @napy2121 cries about it, the fact remains that all ACTUAL ANALYSTS had Jurkovec down as repeatedly outperforming Book during Fall Camp....as Book stagnated.

We've now seen that playout on the field too (though in minimal snaps for Phil)

You must be watching a different game.

Phil has a fundamentally flawed throwing motion.

Take a look at his TD pass, it was a short pass terribly thrown, the receiver had to reach low to catch it.

And that’s the evidence you present to support your argument that Phil is better than Book ?

Stick to your day job !

Wrong again.

Jurkovec outplayed Book at times during Fall Camp ---- FACT!
Jurkovec flashed better than Book in game --- FACT!!
Book as failed to improve since starting --- FACT!!

That's just reality.

Hopefully Book starts improving!

(also LOL @ citing the "baseball analyst" from TOS)
O boy

Book has great throwing motion but his mental ability in the pocket is pop Warner.

Thanks for answering part “A” of the two part question.

Now answer part “B” of the question and tell us about Phil’s throwing motion.

Exactly as I said!

Not true.

Giving him reps going into a 45 point underdog game is intended to give him experience in the event that Book gets injured or needs a rest.

The conclusion you reached isn’t a fact.

The only fact is that PJ ran first team reps.

Based on your convoluted logic, Phil didn’t fare well against BG so he was pulled in favor of the 3rd string QB.

By the way, who’s throwing motion is more fundamentally sound.

And why did PJ throw such an inaccurate short pass on his TD throw if he’s as good as you claim ?

You have yet to even begin to address the substance.

Here, I'll let you try again.........and try to do it with "Baseball Reporters"

"All analysts" agreed that Jurkovec outplayed Book at points during Fall Camp....and if Book doesn't start improving FAST then Jurkovec will overtake him.
(and I specifically cited to an actual "analyst" to prove that)

The facts are:

• Jurkovec outplayed Book at times during Fall Camp ---- FACT!
  • Jurkovec flashed better than Book in game --- FACT!!
  • Book as failed to improve since starting --- FACT!!!

That's just reality!

That’s NOT reality, those are just your delusional opinions.

As to bullet point # 1, that’s almost always the case with # 1 and # 2 QB’s.

Bullet points # 2 and # 3 are merely your delusional opinions not supported by the actual facts.

PJ did NOT play better than Book in the BG game.

Some could say that he had “Happy Feet” or didn’t see open receivers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT