ADVERTISEMENT

Bashing Kelly

That's the thing. He's not getting paid like an elite coach.
Of coaching salaries I believe he comes in around 25-35 range @ around 4 million per season +/- a few hundred k.

The old saying you get what you pay for has it's merits.
if the nd job was only about money they could have whoever they want. money is the least of the issues in landing an elite level coach.

Of coaching salaries I believe he comes in around 25-35 range @ around 4 million per season +/- a few hundred k.

not in this case.

Nobody really knows what his total comp is.

Meyer got his ass kicked by Oklahoma and by unranked Iowa this year. If he did that at ND, you and the other piss drinkers would be demanding that he be fired too.
Nope not at all. If Meyer won a championship at ND in only his second season, i would not be calling for a new coach.

Downfield passes plus up the middle runs, especially in the beginning. the pulling guard and tackle stuff towards 3rd and 4th quarters. however, BW was awful with his accuracy early on. that game would have been over early if hit some passes. People were complaining about the D but overall the D kept the game close.

Upon the rewatch, they definitely missed some tackles but you’re right: the defense played very well. 17 points. Plus they weren’t helped with the fumbled punt and the Horse Collar penalty.

Reactions: zonairish
Nope not at all. If Meyer won a championship at ND in only his second season, i would not be calling for a new coach.
It's like this....
And the forever BK apologists say you can't win a title every year or unreal expectations, all that horseshit.

I will speak for myself but I would bet it clearly represents the majority....

It's not even about titles. The championships will take care of themselves.

It's about being competitive and winning on the big stage.

Every Single buckeye believed they belonged in that stadium with Bama.

Every gator player believed they belonged in those title games. Urban might lose a game. Might get surprised. Anyone see that Iowa game? OSU was upside down. Bkack was white,..everything was just square peg, round hole. But make no mistake OSU belonged in that game and they looked like it.

Can you even remotely say the same about a BK team?
Did they look like they belonged in that Miami game? Hell no.

This has been a constant theme under Kelly.

It's not about titles...its about being able to compete with any team in any venue.

It's like this....
And the forever BK apologists say you can't win a title every year or unreal expectations, all that horseshit.

I will speak for myself but I would bet it clearly represents the majority....

It's not even about titles. The championships will take care of themselves.

It's about being competitive and winning on the big stage.

Every Single buckeye believed they belonged in that stadium with Bama.

Every gator player believed they belonged in those title games. Urban might lose a game. Might get surprised. Anyone see that Iowa game? OSU was upside down. Bkack was white,..everything was just square peg, round hole. But make no mistake OSU belonged in that game and they looked like it.

Can you even remotely say the same about a BK team?
Did they look like they belonged in that Miami game? Hell no.

This has been a constant theme under Kelly.

It's not about titles...its about being able to compete with any team in any venue.
Exactly! I have asked the question many times but Kelly supporters resort to calling me names but never answer the simple question of, outside of the 2012 season, out of the 7 full seasons Kelly has been here, which season was his best year? The truth puts the Kelly era into perspective. Average at best.

Reactions: 88ND
So 1988 and this year are great? I don’t think so. Very few teams in any competive sport is Great. To me Great in ND standards is winning the National Title. Navy going 9-2 and winning a big bowl is great. Wake Forrest which has won 44% of their D1 games has a different bar.

If great at ND means winning a NC then in ND history we have only had 11 great seasons. So that is less than 10% of all the seasons we have played. Just sayin' it ain't that easy.

I dislike Kelly as much as anyone and do not believe he will ever win a NC at ND. The reality is that he is an above average coach that has averaged 8+ wins at ND and has not shown the ability to have his team ready for the showcase game. If we beat Stanford and win a bowl game I'll reluctantly give Kelly a 9 out of 10 for a successful season.

Not especially. I actually would have called more down the field passes. Short route passes only level the playing field against less athletic DBs. I also would have run Jones more. He seemed to have more burst then Adams.

Edit: we all realize that Navy also preps for the game: what do you think they expected “out of the gates?” Run, Run Run! So... let’s get BW two 6 yard curls to get Navy to move the 8th or 9th guy out of the box then we can open up the RPOs. Welp... BW missed two receivers. The 3rd down play was a head Scratcher, I can admit that.
They weren't 6 yard curls. They were spot passes with the WRONG god damn pass reciever called.

Mr. Long is starting to annoy me.

He loves running the stupid spot pass. That stupid okay has always been a Kelly staple.

Everything has to be perfect for that play to work inckuding the ****ing reciever and who the blockers are.

Back to long...
He's been brain washed by BK to run that play entirely way too much but regardless,

Why the **** do we constantly have Claypool, Smythe as the catcher on that play. These are two of the best blockers of the reciever stable. So you take the blocking ability away by making them the reciever on that play.

Finally.... And I've been screaming for Long to finally bump his head and have two ounces of common sense.....finally in the fourth against Navy Stepherson gets to catch that pass.

That is the first time all season Notre Dame's most electric reciever has been used as a reciever on that play.

What happened. He almost broke it all the way. One time. Big play.

Seriously. A traffic cone knows Claypool is the best blocker and Stepherson the most electric but long wants to utilize them exactky 180 degrees from optimum.

WTFE.

Long's honeymoon with me is well over.

He does some very weird shit and sticks with the BK theme.....of not putting our players in the best possible position to succeed.

Fact.

Sadly.

Reactions: ndfi65
They weren't 6 yard curls. They were spot passes with the WRONG god damn pass reciever called.

He loves running the stupid spot pass. That stupid okay has always been a Kelly staple.

Everything has to be perfect for that play to work inckuding the ****ing reciever and who the blockers are.

Back to long...
He's been brain washed by BK to run that play entirely way too much but regardless,

Why the **** do we constantly have Claypool, Smythe as the catcher on that play. These are two of the best blockers of the reciever stable. So you take the blocking ability away by making them the reciever on that play.

Finally.... And I've been screaming for Long to finally bump his head and have two ounces of common sense.....finally in the fourth against Navy Stepherson gets to catch that pass.

That is the first time all season Notre Dame's most electric reciever has been used as a reciever on that play.

Seriously. A traffic cone knows Claypool is the best blocker and Stepherson the most electric but long wants to utilize them exactky 180 degrees from optimum.

WTFE.

He does some very weird shit and sticks with the BK theme.....of not putting our players in the best possible position to succeed.

Fact.

Sadly.
i'm sure coach long is distressed to read you are done with him. considering his discarded toenail clippings contain more football knowledge than you'll ever hope to possess, he'll get over it.

Reactions: Pennick44
and who might that be ? have you not paid attention during the last 4 coaching searches ? no well established successful coach was even remotely interested in the job given the parameters in place. firing a guy coming off a 9 or 10 win season would be idiotic and make the job even less desirable than it already is.
Here we go again. No one in the Country can replace bk. You are really tiring

Back to long...

WTFE.

Fact.

Sadly.
Now 88 we are going to hear the bk worshippers with this comment after reading your post - "So you know more than the coaches, are you at practice?' No bk supporters, WE WATCH THE FRICKING GAME, we don't need to be at practice. Please get your heads out of your a$$ and see what is going on.

Here we go again. No one in the Country can replace bk. You are really tiring
God you're dense. no one has EVER said no one can replace Kelly. All anyone has ever said is that no one better has shown any interest in the job in the past short of Meyers brief flirtation. what part of that don't you understand ? i've said it before, have a better option ? i'm all for it. change for the sake of change is just that.

Now 88 we are going to hear the bk worshippers with this comment after reading your post - "So you know more than the coaches, are you at practice?' No bk supporters, WE WATCH THE FRICKING GAME, we don't need to be at practice. Please get your heads out of your a$$ and see what is going on.
i do see whats going on. 9-2 and in the top ten. fire a coach after a season like that and you may not get any interest in the job. just admit you have absolutely no clue about how a major college football program operates.

Why is turnover Tommy the QB coach?. I don't mean harsh feelings for the young man. But why him as QB coach?

i do see whats going on. 9-2 and in the top ten. fire a coach after a season like that and you may not get any interest in the job. just admit you have absolutely no clue about how a major college football program operates.
9-2 and throttled by a team that were much more challenged by NC and Virginia. What a joke.

Why is turnover Tommy the QB coach?. I don't mean harsh feelings for the young man. But why him as QB coach?
Why not? When he was a freshman people were calling him a student of the game and/or a coach on the field. What makes you think he's not a capable QB coach?

Haha this coming from a wannabe gym coach. You think you know so much since you went to msu and sat on the bench.Who said anything about firing bk? Just because some of us would like to see another head coach. bk is as good as he is ever gonna be and that is mediocre. 8 wins a year with the occasional 9 or 10 and sometimes 4 and no major bowl wins. We know that swarbrick will never fire his hand picked guy.

Reactions: 88ND
Haha this coming from a wannabe gym coach. You think you know so much since you went to msu and sat on the bench.Who said anything about firing bk? Just because some of us would like to see another head coach. bk is as good as he is ever gonna be and that is mediocre. 8 wins a year with the occasional 9 or 10 and sometimes 4 and no major bowl wins. We know that swarbrick will never fire his hand picked guy.
there's no shame in admitting you're not knowledgeable about the subject. it's not to late to learn, even for you. it will take hard work but i have faith that you can obtain the most basic knowledge of the game and retain it for the most part. good luck !

Reactions: Pennick4
there's no shame in admitting you're not knowledgeable about the subject. it's not to late to learn, even for you. it will take hard work but i have faith that you can obtain the most basic knowledge of the game and retain it for the most part. good luck !
You are an optimist! I do not give this tool that kind of credit. Sometimes you just cannot fix stupid. It's in their DNA.

Unfortunately it has been MANY single games where he has flopped. Got it now Nitwit?
I think it's there is a collective agreement with 98% of this board that you are an idiot, with little to no knowledge of college football. You offer nothing to this board other than stupid joke punchlines. How does it feel to be the village idiot?

If great at ND means winning a NC then in ND history we have only had 11 great seasons. So that is less than 10% of all the seasons we have played. Just sayin' it ain't that easy.

I dislike Kelly as much as anyone and do not believe he will ever win a NC at ND. The reality is that he is an above average coach that has averaged 8+ wins at ND and has not shown the ability to have his team ready for the showcase game. If we beat Stanford and win a bowl game I'll reluctantly give Kelly a 9 out of 10 for a successful season.

Very good points. Up to this point I cannot say the Irish have had a "Great" year. It's been a good year. If the Irish win out in the regular season then beat a top ten bowl opponent then I could be swayed. I would also give BK an A or A- grade for the year. I'll leave the A plus for the title years.

Reactions: rgc7
Very good points. Up to this point I cannot say the Irish have had a "Great" year. It's been a good year. If the Irish win out in the regular season then beat a top ten bowl opponent then I could be swayed. I would also give BK an A or A- grade for the year. I'll leave the A plus for the title years.

Harlem imo this year I don't need to win a big bowl game, I'm more interested in how we carry this great season into next year. Say win finish with 9, 10, or 11 wins we'll definitely start next season ranked in the top 20 and I'm expecting no worse than at the very least what we do this year. We need to show consistency in getting close to double digit wins. Only then will I expect a national championship at some point.

I think it's there is a collective agreement with 98% of this board that you are an idiot, with little to no knowledge of college football. You offer nothing to this board other than stupid joke punchlines. How does it feel to be the village idiot?
The only idiots on this board are the bk worshippers who continue to back the clown even after 8 years of mediocrity. Keeping him around hoping that he will eventually get it right. News Flash..its not going to happen.

The only idiots on this board are the bk worshippers who continue to back the clown even after 8 years of mediocrity. Keeping him around hoping that he will eventually get it right. News Flash..its not going to happen.

I frequent this board a lot. I don't know that I have ever seen any "BK worshipers" here. Unless, of course, you are one of those forlorn souls who believes that anyone who doesn't blast BK on a daily basis is a BK worshiper.

Harlem imo this year I don't need to win a big bowl game, I'm more interested in how we carry this great season into next year. Say win finish with 9, 10, or 11 wins we'll definitely start next season ranked in the top 20 and I'm expecting no worse than at the very least what we do this year. We need to show consistency in getting close to double digit wins. Only then will I expect a national championship at some point.
9-2 is not a great season. Its a good season so far. If ND loses to Stanford and loses in a bowl game its not a good season. 9-4 is not good enough for ND. It blows my mind that some of you continue to be satisfied with mediocrity. We need a gdamn win this week and we need a fricking big 6 major bowl win and than it will be a very good season. Please stop accepting this half ass crap we have dealt with under bk leadership.

Reactions: 88ND and NIN Irish
9-2 is not a great season. Its a good season so far. If ND loses to Stanford and loses in a bowl game its not a good season. 9-4 is not good enough for ND. It blows my mind that some of you continue to be satisfied with mediocrity. We need a gdamn win this week and we need a fricking big 6 major bowl win and than it will be a very good season. Please stop accepting this half ass crap we have dealt with under bk leadership.

Why don't you STFU? You are a broken record. You repeatedly claim that people here are satisfied with mediocrity. Yet, when people point out that ND is 9-2, that ND is # 9 in both polls, and that ND is # 8 in the playoff rankings, you ignore those facts and merely claim that people are satisfied with mediocrity. You have time and time again deliberately ignored the facts presented to you so that you can claim that people are satisfied with mediocrity. You are beyond tiresome.

Why don't you STFU? You are a broken record. You repeatedly claim that people here are satisfied with mediocrity. Yet, when people point out that ND is 9-2, that ND is # 9 in both polls, and that ND is # 8 in the playoff rankings, you ignore those facts and merely claim that people are satisfied with mediocrity. You have time and time again deliberately ignored the facts presented to you so that you can claim that people are satisfied with mediocrity. You are beyond tiresome.
because he lacks even the most basic knowledge of the game. its the same broken record.

98% ? kind of conservative don't you think ?

Reactions: NDSMC78

I think you should take a quick look at what I said. This season is a start of what hopefully begins a trend of being a top 10-15 program consistently. I mean for crying out loud look at FSU they get better recruiting classes than we do and are having similar season to us last year. For me it's all about next year if we take a step backwards like 7 wins Kelly probably won't survive.

I think you should take a quick look at what I said. This season is a start of what hopefully begins a trend of being a top 10-15 program consistently. I mean for crying out loud look at FSU they get better recruiting classes than we do and are having similar season to us last year. For me it's all about next year if we take a step backwards like 7 wins Kelly probably won't survive.
It's dark at night and light during the day.

A 10-15 program would be pretty much BK here for eight years. A few years in there of not.

So are you saying if BK makes it a yearly theme of 10-15 ranking then you're happy?
Because thats about what we have now.

BTW,

Those consistent 10-15 schools are the very schools that cant compete with the elites... for whatever reason.

Sound familiar?

I on the other hand prefer to reach just a little higher.

It's dark at night and light during the day.

A 10-15 program would be pretty much BK here for eight years. A few years in there of not.

So are you saying if BK makes it a yearly theme of 10-15 ranking then you're happy?
Because thats about what we have now.

BTW,

Those consistent 10-15 schools are the very schools that cant compete with the elites... for whatever reason.

Sound familiar?

I on the other hand prefer to reach just a little higher.

At that point when we are 10-15 annually we will come to a point where we break through, he's gotten us to that point before so I know it's doable.

It's not about shooting for more or wanting more it's about showing we belong first. Fans bc of our past get ahead of themselves.

because he lacks even the most basic knowledge of the game. its the same broken record.
Hey dude, what makes you so knowledgeable? Just because you went to msu and prob got a degree in phys ed and sat on the bench for 4 years doesn't mean you know shit. I know more about football than your dumbass will have ever learned at sparty u. Now get back to work, the middle school dodgeball team needs some structure.

Hey dude, what makes you so knowledgeable? Just because you went to msu and prob got a degree in phys ed and sat on the bench for 4 years doesn't mean you know shit. I know more about football than your dumbass will have ever learned at sparty u. Now get back to work, the middle school dodgeball team needs some structure.

What a dick.

Reactions: Pennick44
ADVERTISEMENT