ADVERTISEMENT

Bashing Kelly

Why don't you STFU? You are a broken record. You repeatedly claim that people here are satisfied with mediocrity. Yet, when people point out that ND is 9-2, that ND is # 9 in both polls, and that ND is # 8 in the playoff rankings, you ignore those facts and merely claim that people are satisfied with mediocrity. You have time and time again deliberately ignored the facts presented to you so that you can claim that people are satisfied with mediocrity. You are beyond tiresome.
Uhm you are dumbass, seasons not over and we may not make top #15 with two more losses. You are the definition of insanity, doing same shit and thinking that the result will we anything different than 8-9 wins.

Hey dude, what makes you so knowledgeable? Just because you went to msu and prob got a degree in phys ed and sat on the bench for 4 years doesn't mean you know shit. I know more about football than your dumbass will have ever learned at sparty u. Now get back to work, the middle school dodgeball team needs some structure.
It appears you have all day and night to troll on this, and I'm sure other ND boards. Which leads me to believe you have no degree, no girlfriend, and you have no future. Now that's just pathetic.

Uhm you are dumbass, seasons not over and we may not make top #15 with two more losses. You are the definition of insanity, doing same shit and thinking that the result will we anything different than 8-9 wins.

And if we go 11-2 we will finish in the top 5. How about actually rooting for ND for a change?

Reactions: Irishjohn68
At that point when we are 10-15 annually we will come to a point where we break through, he's gotten us to that point before so I know it's doable.

It's not about shooting for more or wanting more it's about showing we belong first. Fans bc of our past get ahead of themselves.
I'm not sniping your post here and picking you out. You seem like someone who can have a meaningful convo about this.

My question to you though from your previous post is... You say about next year and if there is a back step then you think he'll be gone.

But at what point do you get off the BK train. I don't care what the AD thinks...you, yourself...where is your threshold?

See you say a step back next year well what about the multiple steps back that have already happened. To me there has already been enough step back.
In his third year, title game. Then a step back. What annoys me and I'm not saying you're one of them is the people who want to give all the credit in the world to BK for 12, but the step back afterward was because of all these strange excuses.

Then three years forward to fifteen. The pro Kelly crowd is back to praising... Then ghe stanfird game. They blame thst loss on the prevent D. Like Kelly was not even around for that game and had nothing to do with that outcome.

The the step back in 16. 16 is funny because it's never talked about by the pro Kelly crowd. The only time 16 is brought up is when supporting their pro Kelly rhetoric in look how much he turned the program around. Again they act like he wasn't even around for 16 then this year became the Savior cleaning up the 16 mess.

Except that 16 mess was his fault. The other collapses abd step backs were his fault.

I've had my fill of BK. I'm ready to turn the page.

Now the pro BK crowd will say yhen who do you bring in. Who who who.

Who cares. We're never going to be elite again if we don't try.

Being afraid to fail cant prevent us from moving on and striving for greater things.

Then again....afraid of failure is a problem BK has in big games as well. The players tentative play screams afraid of making a mistake.

In that regard maybe the BK/ND is the perfect marriage since both are afraid to fail!

Wishful thinking troll
And if we go 11-2 we will finish in the top 5. How about actually rooting for ND for a change?
He would first have to be a ND fan.

Bashing Kelly still! It's truly unbelievable. The same fans that told me the Irish were going to win 6 games this year are bashing a 9-2 team. Yeah they lost to Georgia because of a miraculous 1 handed catch and sell out fans and got shelled by Miami, but they have beat some damn good football teams this year. IRISH have a lot returning next year. Beat Stanford! Win a big bowl game! Move forward
Good job Dropkickirish this idea that every game we lose there is an onslaught of fire Kelly is purely ridiculous . Twenty years ago the fans got tired of Lou Holtz and we spent almost 20 years and 20 million dollars trying to find a decent coach - I got news for everyone we have a decent coach in Kelly
ND is too smart to go through that BS again
Keep Kelly help Kelly with plenty of support and we will be very good - don’t quit before the miracle .
Nothing against Ara but I went to school when he was coaching and the competition was a lot easier than now . All schools have reduced scholarships
plus the advent of the black football players have made for more even competition . The academies have found a way to make themselves very competitive . Plus Notre Dame recruits to a higher standard that other schools don’t have to . Net net
Kelly is doing a very good job

Hey dude, what makes you so knowledgeable? Just because you went to msu and prob got a degree in phys ed and sat on the bench for 4 years doesn't mean you know shit. I know more about football than your dumbass will have ever learned at sparty u. Now get back to work, the middle school dodgeball team needs some structure.
My background is well known here. Please enlighten all of us of your extensive background in the game. None of your posts have ever shown any indication that you have one.

Good job Dropkickirish this idea that every game we lose there is an onslaught of fire Kelly is purely ridiculous . Twenty years ago the fans got tired of Lou Holtz and we spent almost 20 years and 20 million dollars trying to find a decent coach - I got news for everyone we have a decent coach in Kelly
ND is too smart to go through that BS again
Keep Kelly help Kelly with plenty of support and we will be very good - don’t quit before the miracle .
Nothing against Ara but I went to school when he was coaching and the competition was a lot easier than now . All schools have reduced scholarships
plus the advent of the black football players have made for more even competition . The academies have found a way to make themselves very competitive . Plus Notre Dame recruits to a higher standard that other schools don’t have to . Net net
Kelly is doing a very good job
The argument was going great...until...the very end when the old different aisle comes up.

The different aisle as fine but don't make a ****ing excuse with it.

If that's the Notre Dame standard so be it. Find someone to get results with those standards. It might be more challenging but David Shaw diesnt piss and moan about the different aisle.

Coach K does just fine getting 11 plus really top basketball players. He's in a different aisle. He doesn't make excuses. He sets the bar in college basketball.

If the standards are stringent get a better coach.

You can't sell the propaganda of being such the football power and school, have more strict admissions, then complain about the very admissions you implemented when you can't win.

I want results. Too many fan want excuses.

Reactions: ndfi65
I'm not sniping your post here and picking you out. You seem like someone who can have a meaningful convo about this.

My question to you though from your previous post is... You say about next year and if there is a back step then you think he'll be gone.

But at what point do you get off the BK train. I don't care what the AD thinks...you, yourself...where is your threshold?

See you say a step back next year well what about the multiple steps back that have already happened. To me there has already been enough step back.
In his third year, title game. Then a step back. What annoys me and I'm not saying you're one of them is the people who want to give all the credit in the world to BK for 12, but the step back afterward was because of all these strange excuses.

Then three years forward to fifteen. The pro Kelly crowd is back to praising... Then ghe stanfird game. They blame thst loss on the prevent D. Like Kelly was not even around for that game and had nothing to do with that outcome.

The the step back in 16. 16 is funny because it's never talked about by the pro Kelly crowd. The only time 16 is brought up is when supporting their pro Kelly rhetoric in look how much he turned the program around. Again they act like he wasn't even around for 16 then this year became the Savior cleaning up the 16 mess.

Except that 16 mess was his fault. The other collapses abd step backs were his fault.

I've had my fill of BK. I'm ready to turn the page.

Now the pro BK crowd will say yhen who do you bring in. Who who who.

Who cares. We're never going to be elite again if we don't try.

Being afraid to fail cant prevent us from moving on and striving for greater things.

Then again....afraid of failure is a problem BK has in big games as well. The players tentative play screams afraid of making a mistake.

In that regard maybe the BK/ND is the perfect marriage since both are afraid to fail!

Didn't think you were snipping I'm always a go for a good discussion.

I think where we differ 88 is the direction of the program. Where it was bf and where its going under Kelly's tenure. With the way the school is structured (academics) and with recruiting we can't reload we can however be consistent. Look I know Brian Kelly can lead us to the natty winning it is a different discussion.

That's why I said next year is a make or break year for Kelly he's shown he can turn it around from a bad year but he has to show double digit consistency 9 or better every year with the occasional hiccup. A serious run every 5 to 7. We don't schedule layups you don't see ND playing citadel or alcorn state. For the most part our schedule is top 50 every heavy every year so be realistic enjoy good seasons like this when we are relevant.

Personally if I can't win the trophy, I'm happy with being at the party, at least with a break here or there we have a shot.

Didn't think you were snipping I'm always a go for a good discussion.

I think where we differ 88 is the direction of the program. Where it was bf and where its going under Kelly's tenure. With the way the school is structured (academics) and with recruiting we can't reload we can however be consistent. Look I know Brian Kelly can lead us to the natty winning it is a different discussion.

That's why I said next year is a make or break year for Kelly he's shown he can turn it around from a bad year but he has to show double digit consistency 9 or better every year with the occasional hiccup. A serious run every 5 to 7. We don't schedule layups you don't see ND playing citadel or alcorn state. For the most part our schedule is top 50 every heavy every year so be realistic enjoy good seasons like this when we are relevant.

Personally if I can't win the trophy, I'm happy with being at the party, at least with a break here or there we have a shot.
I'm not being sarcastic in the least but that ship has sailed for me.

Realize that after every step back in the program the year after everything will be different now and ok because xyz.

I once was excited with BK.

He was on the cutting edge. This is a great example. He made hay at Cincinnati playing extemley fast and uptempo. He exploited going hurry up from the opening snap.

He did this when he first got here. Then it all got weird.

Example....

Now we go no hhddle but snap the ball with like four seconds on the play clock. Thats pretty much the norm. Now.

Shit like that is very annoying.

The first step back...ok. Everyone has a hiccup. The second one...not so good but what can we do.

The third one...wait...its like rinse and repeat.

All those other set backs all had the response of changing his or that. It won't happen again.

I'm numb to the bullshit now. I've had enough of oh so close, then embarrassing moments....
While i respect your opinion and acceptance of performace...

For me it's time to move on and reach a little higher.

Reactions: ndfi65
I'm not being sarcastic in the least but that ship has sailed for me.

Realize that after every step back in the program the year after everything will be different now and ok because xyz.

I once was excited with BK.

He was on the cutting edge. This is a great example. He made hay at Cincinnati playing extemley fast and uptempo. He exploited going hurry up from the opening snap.

He did this when he first got here. Then it all got weird.

Example....

Now we go no hhddle but snap the ball with like four seconds on the play clock. Thats pretty much the norm. Now.

Shit like that is very annoying.

The first step back...ok. Everyone has a hiccup. The second one...not so good but what can we do.

The third one...wait...its like rinse and repeat.

All those other set backs all had the response of changing his or that. It won't happen again.

I'm numb to the bullshit now. I've had enough of oh so close, then embarrassing moments....
While i respect your opinion and acceptance of performace...

For me it's time to move on and reach a little higher.

That's fair, but for me to make a move with the way this season is going I would only do it for a top 5 coach. We know the names and they are not coming, so I will give it another year to see if we can repeat and do better. Understand this it's not so much I'm a Kelly supporter or Kelly apologist, I'm just agianst making change for the sake of making it.

I hate the spread uptempo offense it's silly run your plays we have the advantage in talent it just leads to rushed plays imo.

The sad truth is if ND can be 10-2 for the next 20 years without a natty the school (president & AD) would love it you know why bc it's a cash cow. That's what college sports has become in general.

That's fair, but for me to make a move with the way this season is going I would only do it for a top 5 coach. We know the names and they are not coming, so I will give it another year to see if we can repeat and do better. Understand this it's not so much I'm a Kelly supporter or Kelly apologist, I'm just agianst making change for the sake of making it.

I hate the spread uptempo offense it's silly run your plays we have the advantage in talent it just leads to rushed plays imo.

The sad truth is if ND can be 10-2 for the next 20 years without a natty the school (president & AD) would love it you know why bc it's a cash cow. That's what college sports has become in general.
Agreed...

First of all the up tempo hurry up plays are ridiculous.

Having said that if we're going to go no huddle and act like hurry up...then let's actually hurry up. It's insanely stupid to go half assed hurry up.

Seriously...instead of going no huddle yet we snap the ball with four seconds on the play clock, how about just huddling up.

I mean can we even huddle up anymore? Do they even know how. ? It's absurd.

Just like going shotgun ALL the time.

How about this stupid observation.

We've run two plays the entire season with a blocking back lined up.

I know we don't have any true full backs because BK thinks a fullback is not needed ever.

We have a ton of players who could be used as a fullback. They are called tight ends. A position we always have a surplus of.

They can on more than two times in the entire season run with a blocking back.

I laugh so hard when Brian Kelly self claims now being a power running team.

That's such horseshit. We're a finesse running team. East west. No blockers. Ever.

Some people get paid a lot of money to make such idiotic decisions. Just because their title says coach doesn't automatically mean anything.

On your last part,

Yes Notre Dame football is a cash cow. If we want an elite coach we need to reinvent ourselves.

Tell the world we are committed to winning and spare no expense getting there.

Coaches are not kicking the door down now to coach here based on the holy grail. We need to give them incebtive and start a new winning tradition. More modern. Renew the legacy by making new history.

That won't happen shelling out four million per year. Sorry.

We get what we pay for.

Agreed...

First of all the up tempo hurry up plays are ridiculous.

Having said that if we're going to go no huddle and act like hurry up...then let's actually hurry up. It's insanely stupid to go half assed hurry up.

Seriously...instead of going no huddle yet we snap the ball with four seconds on the play clock, how about just huddling up.

I mean can we even huddle up anymore? Do they even know how. ? It's absurd.

Just like going shotgun ALL the time.

How about this stupid observation.

We've run two plays the entire season with a blocking back lined up.

I know we don't have any true full backs because BK thinks a fullback is not needed ever.

We have a ton of players who could be used as a fullback. They are called tight ends. A position we always have a surplus of.

They can on more than two times in the entire season run with a blocking back.

I laugh so hard when Brian Kelly self claims now being a power running team.

That's such horseshit. We're a finesse running team. East west. No blockers. Ever.

Some people get paid a lot of money to make such idiotic decisions. Just because their title says coach doesn't automatically mean anything.

On your last part,

Yes Notre Dame football is a cash cow. If we want an elite coach we need to reinvent ourselves.

Tell the world we are committed to winning and spare no expense getting there.

Coaches are not kicking the door down now to coach here based on the holy grail. We need to give them incebtive and start a new winning tradition. More modern. Renew the legacy by making new history.

That won't happen shelling out four million per year. Sorry.

We get what we pay for.
dead horse alert !!!

Reactions: Pennick44
dead horse alert !!!
Please, why is it anytime anyone says anything negative about bks way of coaching you have to chime in like you are mr know it all? Newsflash......people have different opinions and they don't have to agree with yours. Maybe some fans are tired of the same ole shit year after year. This coach has done some good things but he has gone as high as he is going to go. Maybe we want something better. Why can you not get that through your thick fricking skull?

Whenever the question of big wins is discussed the most frequent game mentioned is No.3 ND
vs. Oklahoma 2012 on Oct. 27. about mid season. That is over 5 seasons ago!

Reactions: 88ND and ndfi65
Whenever the question of big wins is discussed the most frequent game mentioned is No.3 ND
vs. Oklahoma 2012 on Oct. 27. about mid season. That is over 5 seasons ago!

The reason for this has been explained many times. When ND plays big games and loses, the coach is to blame. When ND plays big games and wins, the opponent really wasn't that good.

Please, why is it anytime anyone says anything negative about bks way of coaching you have to chime in like you are mr know it all? Newsflash......people have different opinions and they don't have to agree with yours. Maybe some fans are tired of the same ole shit year after year. This coach has done some good things but he has gone as high as he is going to go. Maybe we want something better. Why can you not get that through your thick fricking skull?
again, have a guy that will be an improvement i'm on board. if not ,pound sand.

Reactions: Irishjohn68
The reason for this has been explained many times. When ND plays big games and loses, the coach is to blame. When ND plays big games and wins, the opponent really wasn't that good.

But, and you repeatedly ignore this, are the qualifiers: higher ranked and Top 10, then Top 20.
That is the record most frequently cited. Plus there is the lack of BCS/NY6 success.
Most head coaches at the big name football universities do not get 8 years without some kind of major post season Win. The point is that the criticism has merit beyond your response of “blah blah blah”.
Kelly likely has a shot this Jan 1, in year 8 to get a post season W.

But, and you repeatedly ignore this, are the qualifiers: higher ranked and Top 10, then Top 20.
That is the record most frequently cited. Plus there is the lack of BCS/NY6 success.
Most head coaches at the big name football universities do not get 8 years without some kind of major post season Win. The point is that the criticism has merit beyond your response of “blah blah blah”.
Kelly likely has a shot this Jan 1, in year 8 to get a post season W.

I have pointed out in the past what happens when "big name universities" fire good coaches. I cited Tennessee, which pushed Phil Fulmer out the door, and Nebraska, which fired Frank Solich. Both of these once proud programs have been struggling for several years after the universities made these coaching moves. Both schools have seen revolving doors at the HC spot.
I have asked others, and I ask you--who would you have replace Kelly? It's not enough to say, as some do, that "anyone" would do a better job. That's nonsense. I lived through Faust. I lived through Davie. I lived through Willingham. I lived through Weis. The only name which has been mentioned was Brohm, the HC at Purdue. I actually like Brohm, although he is nowhere near ready to coach at ND. Thankfully, last year's big name, PJ Fleck, got his ass kicked this year. Row the boat indeed.
I personally think Kelly is a good, but not great, coach. But I can't agree that he should be let go unless there is someone better to take his place. And I haven't seen that person identified yet.

The only name which has been mentioned was Brohm, the HC at Purdue. I actually like Brohm, although he is nowhere near ready to coach at ND. .[/QUOTE]

And bk was ready for ND? He had one good year at Cincy, sorry GVS doesn't count. Brohm is just as ready to coach at ND as bk was. We know what bk can do, lets see what someone else can do. I think Brohm is the guy.

I have pointed out in the past what happens when "big name universities" fire good coaches. I cited Tennessee, which pushed Phil Fulmer out the door, and Nebraska, which fired Frank Solich. Both of these once proud programs have been struggling for several years after the universities made these coaching moves. Both schools have seen revolving doors at the HC spot.
I have asked others, and I ask you--who would you have replace Kelly? It's not enough to say, as some do, that "anyone" would do a better job. That's nonsense. I lived through Faust. I lived through Davie. I lived through Willingham. I lived through Weis. The only name which has been mentioned was Brohm, the HC at Purdue. I actually like Brohm, although he is nowhere near ready to coach at ND. Thankfully, last year's big name, PJ Fleck, got his ass kicked this year. Row the boat indeed.
I personally think Kelly is a good, but not great, coach. But I can't agree that he should be let go unless there is someone better to take his place. And I haven't seen that person identified yet.

78 I'll say this the new coach search crew is a lot like the backup Qb crew everyone thinks it's better till the actually see it play out.

Reactions: hvillebill
CRICKETS...
Listen dopey, if I gave you my background you would know my identity. Anyone can walk on at a University and sit on the bench. They need scout team guys at practice and there is no doubt in my mind that you never got on the field. I however have something you could never have and that's a degree from ND. Now stfu!

Listen dopey, if I gave you my background you would know my identity. Anyone can walk on at a University and sit on the bench. They need scout team guys at practice and there is no doubt in my mind that you never got on the field. I however have something you could never have and that's a degree from ND. Now stfu!

Charlie Weis, Jr.

Reactions: irish4life888
full scholarship and 28 starts in my tenure at MSU. don't let the facts get in the way of your enormous lack of knowledge.

full scholarship and 28 starts in my tenure at MSU. don't let the facts get in the way of your enormous lack of knowledge.

Just because you played football in college does not make you an expert. Example, the Pope has for centuries guided his parishioners regarding birth control. But he isn’t really in ‘the game’.
Sometimes knowledge can be acqired from study, observation and experience with passage of time
You don’t need to have taken excessive concussion to the cranium to be an astute fan. And really now, all you are is a fan.

Last edited:
Just because you played football in college does not make you an expert. Example, the Pope has for centuries guided his parishioners regarding birth control. But he isn’t really in ‘the game’.
Sometimes knowledge can be acqired from study, observation and experience with passage of time
You don’t need to have taken excessive concussion to the cranium to be an astute fan. And really now, all you are is a fan.
never claimed to be an expert. that said, having real life experience in it at one of the highest levels and nearly two decades of coaching it does provides me a lot more insight than a person who just tunes in on saturdays. you may disagree and thats fine.

never claimed to be an expert. that said, having real life experience in it at one of the highest levels and nearly two decades of coaching it does provides me a lot more insight than a person who just tunes in on saturdays. you may disagree and thats fine.

Yes, I disagree. So it is not necessary to tell me again.

ND = North DeKalb College? I knew you were deranged, but delusional also? I bet you're on a whole host of meds aren't ya!

You never coached a foot ball team. Not even a middle school team! Keep endorsing an average coach with elite talent on his door step.
I don't claim to know a lot but I just don't think Kelly is much of a motivator , its just not his style .

How will giving us your football background ( if there is one ) reveal your identity ? Makes no sense. Then again look who I'm presenting the question to. My bad.

How will giving us your football background ( if there is one ) reveal your identity ? Makes no sense. Then again look who I'm presenting the question to. My bad.
You need to come over to the subscription board. While it's fun to torture the knuckle heads here there is serious intellectual onversations there. You're insight would be appreciated. Oh I did find a picture of ndfi for you.
2158cc0.jpg

The only name which has been mentioned was Brohm, the HC at Purdue. I actually like Brohm, although he is nowhere near ready to coach at ND. .

And bk was ready for ND? He had one good year at Cincy, sorry GVS doesn't count. Brohm is just as ready to coach at ND as bk was. We know what bk can do, lets see what someone else can do. I think Brohm is the guy.[/QUOTE]
How is brohm as ready as Kelly was ? That's idiotic. Compare their resumes. No comparison at all. Brohm may very well have a long and successful career as Brian Kelly has had. He certainly hasn't t yet. I'm ok with taking a chance on an up and comer when Kelly's time has come. As much as that small segment of posters here want that time to be yesterday it's not. Firing a coach after a 9 win season will create even less interest from highly qualified individuals than it has in the past and that was minimal at best.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT