ADVERTISEMENT

Worst Offensive Performance in Freeman era

I question the assessment of the O line assignments. There has to be a veteran on that bench that can upgrade something on this O line.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Alot of room for growth. As the oline gets better you will see Leonard throwing a lot more traditional route concepts. Denbrock lean way to heavy on the screen game to protect the oline.

Good comments.

I also have faith the OL will improve.

They did improved quarter by quarter in 1 game...I have some confidence they will over an entire season.

First game. Lots of mistakes. Lots of missed assignments. Not in any way a smooth start to the season. But they found a way to win the dam game. And when it really mattered, the offensive line stepped up. It’s a big win on the road with an offense that will only gain confidence with that win. Defense was as good as advertised. Great win ! Go Irish!! ☘️

Last edited:
No way on aggies D. This is a piss poor offensive performance. Pathetic
It wasn't great, obviously. And I don't figure A&M will end up as one of the nation's elite defenses. We probably will, but not them. And thankfully, not least because of our own excellent defense, A&M's offensive performance was even worse than ours. And the final result was a fitting one.

Reactions: tkirish and jerbach
Good comments.

I also have faith the OL will improve.

They did improved quarter by quarter in 1 game...I have some confidence they will over an entire season.
For sure. You could see it by the middle of the 3rd quarter. The push got better, the creases got bigger and you could see ND wearing them down. So much to be optimistic about with this o line going forward. They were better than I expected.

I wish some of you would wait until the end of the game before you start with the stupid, dumb comments.
Rushed for 198, passed for 158 against possibly the best defense they will face this year!
100,000 A&M fans, new OL, new QB, new OC, starting TE out.
ND is 1-0, defeating the Aggies at home, which some top teams haven’t done!
Relax…

I wish some of you would wait until the end of the game before you start with the stupid, dumb comments.
Rushed for 198, passed for 158 against possibly the best defense they will face this year!
100,000 A&M fans, new OL, new QB, new OC, starting TE out.
ND is 1-0, defeating the Aggies at home, which some top teams haven’t done!
Relax…

I stay off this board during the game for fear of being stampeded all the Chicken Littles. Sometimes the ignorance is breath taking.

That was a gritty, tough win last night against a really good opponent, in an extremely hostile stadium. We have a lot to clean up (the pre-snap penalties especially), but Marcus and the staff had the team ready to play. Riley Leonard looks like the real deal. We wouldn't have won that game with Jack Coan or Sam Hartman under center. They probably would have spent most of the night on their backsides. Our secondary was incredible. We knew what we had with Xavier Watts and Benjamin Morrison, but Adon Shuler and Christian Gray also look like they are going to be really good players. Shuler brought the lumber on a couple of hits. He is very physical. Mike Mickens is doing a first rate job with our secondary.

Very pleased with both the win and the effort.

Riley Leonard looks like the real deal. We wouldn't have won that game with Jack Coan or Sam Hartman under center.
Agree. Same with any of the other QB’s on the roster. He made lots of plays. Even the first bad snap of the game where he picked up the ball and got a quick completion.

I think some are off the mark with his accuracy. Lots of miscommunications between him and the receivers and I think people are holding some of his passes against him that they shouldn’t.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Agree. Same with any of the other QB’s on the roster. He made lots of plays. Even the first bad snap of the game where he picked up the ball and got a quick completion.

I think some are off the mark with his accuracy. Lots of miscommunications between him and the receivers and I think people are holding some of his passes against him that they shouldn’t.
Riley Leonard looks like a gamer to me. There were a couple of missed passes I wished he had made--the one he underthrew to a wide open Devyn Ford on the sideline that probably would have gone for 40 yards sticks out--but hard to tell on some of them if the miss was on Riley or the WR going where Riley didn't expect him to go. All in all I was really pleased with how Riley played. He's very athletic and tough. To play like he did in his first game for ND was really impressive. Looking forward to big things from him this season.

Riley Leonard looks like a gamer to me. There were a couple of missed passes I wished he had made--the one he underthrew to a wide open Devyn Ford on the sideline that probably would have gone for 40 yards sticks out--but hard to tell on some of them if the miss was on Riley or the WR going where Riley didn't expect him to go. All in all I was really pleased with how Riley played. He's very athletic and tough. To play like he did in his first game for ND was really impressive. Looking forward to big things from him this season.
That’s one where I don’t have a problem. He just escaped when usually the QB would be down. He saved 7 yards by not being sacked and gave himself and his team a chance for a big play. Leonard also had a defender coming right at him and had to throw around him.

Reactions: HDK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT