ADVERTISEMENT

We Lost the game - But....

DOMER1964

Shakes Down The Thunder
Nov 6, 2011
Notre Dame Nation:

Obviously, I/we had a tough night sleeping. Seemingly the game reminded me of the 2005 USC game/nightmare. With that said, we had so many opportunities to take control of the game and did not. There were at least four interception opportunities that were missed. I am sure that we all know that the last play will be highlighted, but there were so many instances that were present that we just did not take advantage of.

I have been an Irish fan for more than 50 years and have seen the good and the bad, not to mention some excruciating loses. Last nights' game despite the ending results, demonstrated to me that the future is bright. The score, although pains me, immensely it showed the freshmen talent on this roster. My hope is that we understand that this is a game that many of us played and is in my view the best game/sport that is incomparable in my eyes.

With that stated. I still say that this team is different in that there is talent across the board. We as fans have been so used to losing by 21 or more points in the Big Games. I understand the frustration from ND Nation, but we have a good team. We might not see it clearly in this moment, but the clouds will clear. Some on the board are screaming about firing coaches and the like. Just imagine if we were 1 and 4, versus 4 and 1. Should we be 5 and 0, absolutely, but I feel that we will rebound/recover from this. Don't get me wrong, it is a horrible feeling. I have a lot of confidence that we will be ok. There is a lot of good football to be played and these young men will re-group and show themselves on next week against Duke. Go Irish!!!!!

Notre Dame Nation:

Obviously, I/we had a tough night sleeping. Seemingly the game reminded me of the 2005 USC game/nightmare. With that said, we had so many opportunities to take control of the game and did not. There were at least four interception opportunities that were missed. I am sure that we all know that the last play will be highlighted, but there were so many instances that were present that we just did not take advantage of.

I have been an Irish fan for more than 50 years and have seen the good and the bad, not to mention some excruciating loses. Last nights' game despite the ending results, demonstrated to me that the future is bright. The score, although pains me, immensely it showed the freshmen talent on this roster. My hope is that we understand that this is a game that many of us played and is in my view the best game/sport that is incomparable in my eyes.

With that stated. I still say that this team is different in that there is talent across the board. We as fans have been so used to losing by 21 or more points in the Big Games. I understand the frustration from ND Nation, but we have a good team. We might not see it clearly in this moment, but the clouds will clear. Some on the board are screaming about firing coaches and the like. Just imagine if we were 1 and 4, versus 4 and 1. Should we be 5 and 0, absolutely, but I feel that we will rebound/recover from this. Don't get me wrong, it is a horrible feeling. I have a lot of confidence that we will be ok. There is a lot of good football to be played and these young men will re-group and show themselves on next week against Duke. Go Irish!!!!!
BRAVO!

Going as far back as the BC game in '93, there has largely been nothing but disappointment in big games. We have won some big games, but generally speaking, we either get shellacked or lose a heartbreaker.

I don't know if the future looks any brighter because it seems like we have a defense full of seniors and grad students that will require major rebuilding next year.

Ten men on the field is inexcusable in a big game. I'm not sure who is responsible for keeping track. It shouldn't have to be the head coach, but the defensive coordinator, the position coaches, the captains on the field should be alert.

But I totally agree with you on fan reaction. It's time to get a grip.

Notre Dame Nation:

Saw the font and passed on reading it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT