ADVERTISEMENT

Watching ESPN Recruiting Nation

Izo

Posts Like A Champion
Nov 1, 2008
Right now ND is Ranked 5th in 2017 recruiting , but as I'm watching where the real Blue Chippers are considering , we will definitely finish between 12-15 . Beal ,ND target early committed to Georgia , but now may look at Alabama with his parents. A DT from Georgia originally headed to Michigan has decommitted , a high school quarterback originally committed to Ohio State is looking else where because he may not be the dual type quarterback Ohio State wants .

Our recruiting is good but nowhere near the top tier schools . Are any of these difference makers looking at us? Just wondering how we finish inFebruary?

Reactions: perseverare
Right now ND is Ranked 5th in 2017 recruiting , but as I'm watching where the real Blue Chippers are considering , we will definitely finish between 12-15 . Beal ,ND target early committed to Georgia , but now may look at Alabama with his parents. A DT from Georgia originally headed to Michigan has decommitted , a high school quarterback originally committed to Ohio State is looking else where because he may not be the dual type quarterback Ohio State wants .

Our recruiting is good but nowhere near the top tier schools . Are any of these difference makers looking at us? Just wondering how we finish inFebruary?

Louisville is not getting ranked high in the recruiting rankings the last few years and they have the best football team in America. Better than Alabama. Just get the fastest most athletic players no matter what their star ranking is.

It's like the election....you either like Hillary or Trump.....doesn't really matter what they say...they come to ND...see the best fans, the best facilities and the best chance to play on Sunday but you have to put the study and work in.....3-8 or 12-0...doubt anything matters much...Duke loss, Syc win....still have other reasons to come

It's like the election....you either like Hillary or Trump.....doesn't really matter what they say...they come to ND...see the best fans, the best facilities and the best chance to play on Sunday but you have to put the study and work in.....3-8 or 12-0...doubt anything matters much...Duke loss, Syc win....still have other reasons to come
3-8 and 12-0 makes a gigantic difference.

If you think otherwise you've no idea then.
3-8 or rather 4-8....you have to earn every recruit.

12-0 does a ton if recruiting itself. Those who still bust ass at 12-0 on the recruiting trail continually have 12-0 type seasons. In other words staying elite is easier.

Reactions: NIN Irish
ND was ranked 5th after the 2012 season ranked #1 and undefeated. ND was ranked 6th after the 7-5 season in 2014. I guess I have no idea. Maybe, recruits see more than W/L? Louisville has not cracked the top 25 in recruiting the last 5 years. Actually I stopped looking after 5. It doesn't seem to matter that much.

Washington cracked it twice in the last 5 years, never in the top 10. 14 once ,23 once, outside the other 3.

You guys are missing a big part. It's how the best teams stay at the top and how Louisville is now at the top, JUCO players, Louisville has gotten some stud sure thing developed JUCO players in last few years.

to answere your last question: as of this day, yes, but not with serious intent.
your guess for a 12-15 class is looking like the way it will go.
And if you recruit at that level, that is the level where most parity is for the top 11-30 so it then becomes coaching and player development that separates teams. Looks like a lose, lose as things stand.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT