ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Crashing

Or maybe my post had the coaches get their act together!!! :)

Obviously i'm joking but it's very possible and likely that coaches thought we were recruiting good and this team was goin to be really good making it even easier to recruit, and didn't think there would be so much ammunition other teams would have after 3 games when we played like dog crap until UNC.

I really really like this class from a skill standpoint. I do think our slight weakness is both lines (not that they're weak), they're just not great.
I’m sure your advice was a factor

Crashing.
minion-minions.gif

I heard the coaches are on here daily looking for advice.
We get warned about recruits and their parents on forums, maybe the coaches do to.

Tommy has mentioned message board talk probably more than once in his PCs.

Obviously they aren't on here looking at posts but we knew the ND writers occasionally are.

We get warned about recruits and their parents on forums, maybe the coaches do to.

Tommy has mentioned message board talk probably more than once in his PCs.

Obviously they aren't on here looking at posts but we knew the ND writers occasionally are.
Maybe they'll hire you as an analyst...

• Haha
Reactions: Kelso86
Ugh probably the most electric player we’ve had committed in years…. Many many years

We survived 2020 … but we also got smoked in our two biggest games
And Oklahoma went 6-6 this season. Alabama could not beat LSU. Clemson got their collective asses kicked by Notre Dame. Ohio State lost again to Michigan.

Shit happens.

Reactions: Kelso86
God I hate being right in this instance …, my initial post now would be 100% accurate if you substitute losing Edwards instead of love…. I’m higher on Edwards than love. There’s multiple rbs like love every cycle, very few like Edwards

Frichan marshal and Stanford losses

Staff can recruit but this staff other than harry and deland has shown jack squat with coaching abilities and player development

God I hate being right in this instance …, my initial post now would be 100% accurate if you substitute losing Edwards instead of love…. I’m higher on Edwards than love. There’s multiple rbs like love every cycle, very few like Edwards
Mel Kiper speaks.

• Haha
Reactions: NDinNJ
I talked about this before the season. If we find out that Freeman and Rees are bad coaches (WE FOUND THAT OUT) then our record will be worse than 10-2 and recruiting will fall depending on how bad it is. Obviously the D hasn't looked great and the offense has been absolutely awful.

Trending right now to end up with a Brian Kelly type class but with a coaching staff far far far worse.

Not good

Paige probably going to USC, love trending away, lyons not a lock, no plan or good option for keeley backup, no qb, bowen probably gone (it would make us losing our top 3 commits), and in 24 our top DE looking at UM now secretively. That's what we know right now and it's not getting better. Complete disaster on the field. THanks OHIO STATE GRAD.

If Freeman can't recruit lights out, this will send ND backwards more than TY and bob davie did.
Crashing.

Reactions: Ndapolis1
I talked about this before the season. If we find out that Freeman and Rees are bad coaches (WE FOUND THAT OUT) then our record will be worse than 10-2 and recruiting will fall depending on how bad it is. Obviously the D hasn't looked great and the offense has been absolutely awful.

Trending right now to end up with a Brian Kelly type class but with a coaching staff far far far worse.

Not good

Paige probably going to USC, love trending away, lyons not a lock, no plan or good option for keeley backup, no qb, bowen probably gone (it would make us losing our top 3 commits), and in 24 our top DE looking at UM now secretively. That's what we know right now and it's not getting better. Complete disaster on the field. THanks OHIO STATE GRAD.

If Freeman can't recruit lights out, this will send ND backwards more than TY and bob davie did.
Crashing.

Not good

Crashing.

Lets see what was accurate

You said freeman and rees were bad coaches. That is inaccurate. Especially with Freeman. But I'm not a huge fan of Rees, but I dont think he is a bad coach. I think we can do better though.

So there is an inaccuracy number 1

Love was never trending away, we landed him

Inaccuracy number 2

Lyons not a lock. We chose another wr over him because we needed a slot

So not an inaccuracy but an irrelevant point.

Bowen probably gone. Why probably. You just being your negative self. We'll see on this one.

Thats what we know right now and its not getting better.... your quote

Well we landed a stud in Love. Landed a stud QB. Landed a stud in Hillman. Landed other quality prospects

So inaccuracy number 3

Send ND backwards worse than Ty and Davie if he cant recruit.

That one just doesnt make sense.

So what did you get right? Besides saying guys who already decommitted which we already knew about.....what did you get right exactly?
Bump

What did you get right?

Love is a better prospect than Edwards

And everyone knows how much I liked Edwards

Bump

What did you get right?
Paige

Swain

Lyons

Swap edwards instead of love

No plan for DE

How bad at coaching our staff was this year, thought they turned it around and learned something than navy and usc happened

Not good

Crashing.

Ignorant.

Not good

Crashing.

Paige

Swain

Lyons

Swap edwards instead of love

No plan for DE

How bad at coaching our staff was this year, thought they turned it around and learned something than navy and usc happened
Paige was already gone so no there

We chose Smith over Lyons so no there

Swain is a 24 kid, so no there

Love is better than Edwards no there

DE is the only one you got right. Although the staff likes Burnham and Gobaira plus Junior might be pkaying vyper some as well. Maybe Zinter too

Staff was better this year than last. I guess that's why our class is better this year than last

DE is the only one you got right. Although the staff likes Burnham and Gobaira plus Junior might be pkaying vyper some as well. Maybe Zinter too

Staff was better this year than last. I guess that's why our class is better this year than last
This recruiting staff is better, somehow coaching staff is worse even with del and Quinn

You were completely inaccurate. You starting this thread is a complete joke, and the entire forum is mocking you, yet you fail to see it. 😂
Wish I had been wrong

Paige decommitted day I posted I believe

Lyons wouldn’t commit when we wanted him to

I spoke of swain taking secret visits in initial post and probably going to leave so I was right again

To each their own, I’d rather have Edwards than love but like both

• Haha
This recruiting staff is better, somehow coaching staff is worse even with del and Quinn
Coaching staff is better

Heistand, Mason, Stuckey all improvements

Rees, Mickens, Oleary all the same but 1 year more experience.

Deland and Parker are a wash.

Downgrades so far has been Wash and Golden.

So It was a better staff this year.

Wish I had been wrong

I spoke of swain taking secret visits in initial post and probably going to leave so I was right again

Yeah before you posted. You didnt get Paige right, it already happened

Smith was a slot. Lyons wasnt. We prioritized Smith.

I dont think anyone will lose sleep over Swain although I like him. Both Smith brothers favored to be Irish. The one edge is better than Swain

Wish I had been wrong

You keep rewriting history…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT