ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Crashing

Hey…..I was here the night of the FSU game when he originally wanted to fire Freeman. I didn’t like it then, and I don’t like it now.

I just want to talk football. This is a critical time for ND where we can solidify what could be a playoff contending team next season.

The ribbing that GN has taken is well-deserved, but I’m ready to talk portal and who’s going to be our 23 QB!
Seems to be Leary, Card or that Tulane QB are the 3 front runners

Reactions: IrishMike409
They're hanging on the word crashing, when the context of my post has almost been completely accurate. Hanging on to Bowen would be huge.

Goin from Moore, Keeley, Bowen, Paige, and only getting really Minchey as a backfill wouldn't be good. We will most likely have a very good class, but it could have been great.

Getting Bowen is huge.

Yes I have dogged Freeman rightfully so. He took over a really good D in 2021 and brought it down last year with moronic schemes at times. He took over an 11-1 team and had the worst loss in a big bowl that I can remember (game we were the more talented team but lack of coaching cost us and we had a 21 point lead). Then this season we go 8-4 losing to 2 of the 4 worst teams on our schedule.

I've also said I think Freeman has the chance to be a much better coach than coordinator due to recruiting and he seems to check his ego at the door. Rees is learning on the job and hurt us this year, and Golden is solid but he's having to correct some of the issues from last year's D. Freeman also struggled how to consistently have the team prepared and ready to play.

We are landing some high upside individuals later in the season that weren't heavily recruited.

I also like what i'm hearing on how we're going about portal this year.

You also have to realize the freeman lovers can't even acknowledge how bad he did this year, or how average our D was last year, or how bad our coaching was in the bowl game. ND has a chance to have some special years coming up if freeman and staff learn how to coach and prepare better.
This is nonsense

The crash

This is nonsense

The crash
Why do the facts upset your stomach? Do we have a very good class, yes. Did we also lose our top 2 commits, and possibly our top 3 commits. Yes as well.

Has freeman when on his own as DC or HC proven to be a good coach. No.

I sure as heck hope he learns fast and becomes coach of the year next year with ND in the CFP.

Crashing.
tumblr_mefw65nIXD1qdlh1io1_400.gif

Why do the facts upset your stomach? Do we have a very good class, yes. Did we also lose our top 2 commits, and possibly our top 3 commits. Yes as well.

I sure as heck hope he learns fast and becomes coach of the year next year with ND in the CFP.
Crashing.

They're hanging on the word crashing, when the context of my post has almost been completely accurate. Hanging on to Bowen would be huge.

Goin from Moore, Keeley, Bowen, Paige, and only getting really Minchey as a backfill wouldn't be good. We will most likely have a very good class, but it could have been great.

Getting Bowen is huge.

Yes I have dogged Freeman rightfully so. He took over a really good D in 2021 and brought it down last year with moronic schemes at times. He took over an 11-1 team and had the worst loss in a big bowl that I can remember (game we were the more talented team but lack of coaching cost us and we had a 21 point lead). Then this season we go 8-4 losing to 2 of the 4 worst teams on our schedule.

I've also said I think Freeman has the chance to be a much better coach than coordinator due to recruiting and he seems to check his ego at the door. Rees is learning on the job and hurt us this year, and Golden is solid but he's having to correct some of the issues from last year's D. Freeman also struggled how to consistently have the team prepared and ready to play.

We are landing some high upside individuals later in the season that weren't heavily recruited.

You also have to realize the freeman lovers can't even acknowledge how bad he did this year, or how average our D was last year, or how bad our coaching was in the bowl game. ND has a chance to have some special years coming up if freeman and staff learn how to coach and prepare better.
You keep rewriting history.

Moore was never committed no matter what you suggest. Keeley was gone for 6 weeks before your post. Bowen remains committed and though he could flip, you said he would flip 6 weeks ago. Paige was a loss but from a deep OL room.

You chose the word “crashing” and defended it ad nauseum. Since your post, we add Love (who you said wasn’t coming), Minchey, Hillman, Tworek, all top 200 recruits, and all for next year. Lost Paige.

It’s not close to “crashing”. lol

Then don't open the thread.
I open the thread daily to talk football and recruiting. There are several posters here who know football at a high level and deliver great conversation everyday. I appreciate those people. You could be one of them. But instead you choose the “class clown” role. The “funny guy” is always great, but people don’t really take you seriously. You know that…

Moore was never committed no matter what you suggest. Keeley was gone for 6 weeks before your post. Bowen remains committed and though he could flip, you said he would flip 6 weeks ago. Paige was a loss but from a deep OL room.

You chose the word “crashing” and defended it ad nauseum. Since your post, we add Love (who you said wasn’t coming), Minchey, Hillman, Tworek, all top 200 recruits, and all for next year. Lost Paige.

Crashing.

Reactions: Ndapolis1

Getting Bowen is huge.

I absolutely agree that Freeman’s skill set aligns well as Head Coach, maybe better so than coordinator. He has the intangibles to lead teams, connect with people, and recruit at an elite level. He has the “it” factor that people gravitate to.

The 4 losses this season sucked. Some really bad losses (my 5 yr old and I froze our asses off at the Stanford game), but I’m bullish on Freeman being an absolute success here.

I get the vibe that he doesn’t have an out of control ego, and is very willing to check it at the door, at the right moments. He seems completely smart enough to let his coordinators do what they do and lead their units. We have the right guy.

You said it was going to crash on sept 20 something....

Dante Moore and Keon Keeley had already been gone a long time before that.

After Dante fell through we went on a recruiting tear, no crash

After we lost Keon and Paige, we are recruiting very well

Since you posted the crash, we have only added players and lost none.

We are ranked 2nd or 3rd by every recruiting service.

Every team in the country loses commitments. Every single one.

We have a great class. Stop bitching

The Crash

The Crash
capsize-big-wave.gif

Moore was absolutely committed. Everyone knows that.

What does keeley timing have to do with it? Moore decommitted even before that. It’s all events, big events tha happened and were negative to nd. At that time I posted we had already lost top two commits. Word was Bowen was looking elsewhere seriously, love was wavering, lyons was no longer loving nd, and Paige was wavering. All those things happened but love. Hopefully we can get Bowen to re commit to nd.

Yeah we’ve landed some good players since then but if we lose our top 3 commits that’s pretty bad despite us having a very good class.

At the time of the post there was very very minimum positive news and momentum for nd recruiting, coaches have changed the course and kept at it.

The Crash
Y’all just can’t handle that I commented on a negative time for nd recruiting and all but love has happened that I projected or was hearing.

Yeah coaches and class are doing good, but we may lose our top 3 commits.

Y’all just can’t handle that I commented on a negative time for nd recruiting and all but love has happened that I projected or was hearing.

Crashing.

What does keeley timing have to do with it? Moore decommitted even before that. It’s all events, big events tha happened and were negative to nd. At that time I posted we had already lost top two commits. Word was Bowen was looking elsewhere seriously, love was wavering, lyons was no longer loving nd, and Paige was wavering. All those things happened but love. Hopefully we can get Bowen to re commit to nd.

Yeah we’ve landed some good players since then but if we lose our top 3 commits that’s pretty bad despite us having a very good class.

At the time of the post there was very very minimum positive news and momentum for nd recruiting, coaches have changed the course and kept at it.
Crashing.

I talked about this before the season. If we find out that Freeman and Rees are bad coaches (WE FOUND THAT OUT) then our record will be worse than 10-2 and recruiting will fall depending on how bad it is. Obviously the D hasn't looked great and the offense has been absolutely awful.

Trending right now to end up with a Brian Kelly type class but with a coaching staff far far far worse.

Not good

Paige probably going to USC, love trending away, lyons not a lock, no plan or good option for keeley backup, no qb, bowen probably gone (it would make us losing our top 3 commits), and in 24 our top DE looking at UM now secretively. That's what we know right now and it's not getting better. Complete disaster on the field. THanks OHIO STATE GRAD.

If Freeman can't recruit lights out, this will send ND backwards more than TY and bob davie did.
Crashing.

We clearly weren’t crashing with recruiting since y’all think 8-4 is good

We had already lost 2 of them. So you obviously don't understand what a crash is.

Getting Bowen is huge.

Lets see what was accurate

You said freeman and rees were bad coaches. That is inaccurate. Especially with Freeman. But I'm not a huge fan of Rees, but I dont think he is a bad coach. I think we can do better though.

So there is an inaccuracy number 1

Love was never trending away, we landed him

Inaccuracy number 2

Lyons not a lock. We chose another wr over him because we needed a slot

So not an inaccuracy but an irrelevant point.

Bowen probably gone. Why probably. You just being your negative self. We'll see on this one.

Thats what we know right now and its not getting better.... your quote

Well we landed a stud in Love. Landed a stud QB. Landed a stud in Hillman. Landed other quality prospects

So inaccuracy number 3

Send ND backwards worse than Ty and Davie if he cant recruit.

That one just doesnt make sense.

So what did you get right? Besides saying guys who already decommitted which we already knew about.....what did you get right exactly?

Lets see what was accurate

You said freeman and rees were bad coaches. That is inaccurate. Especially with Freeman. But I'm not a huge fan of Rees, but I dont think he is a bad coach. I think we can do better though.

So there is an inaccuracy number 1

Love was never trending away, we landed him

Inaccuracy number 2

Lyons not a lock. We chose another wr over him because we needed a slot

So not an inaccuracy but an irrelevant point.

Bowen probably gone. Why probably. You just being your negative self. We'll see on this one.

Thats what we know right now and its not getting better.... your quote

Well we landed a stud in Love. Landed a stud QB. Landed a stud in Hillman. Landed other quality prospects

So inaccuracy number 3

Send ND backwards worse than Ty and Davie if he cant recruit.

That one just doesnt make sense.

So what did you get right? Besides saying guys who already decommitted which we already knew about.....what did you get right exactly?
Paige lyons probably Bowen

Freeman has not shown he’s a good coach yet, recruiter yes

Rees had been Inconsistent at best with everything

Look, this season was bad but it could have been an absolute disaster after the Stanford loss. It gives us a shot in 2024 to be much better and send this ship sailing

Paige lyons probably Bowen

Freeman has not shown he’s a good coach yet, recruiter yes

Rees had been Inconsistent at best with everything

Look, this season was bad but it could have been an absolute disaster after the Stanford loss. It gives us a shot in 2024 to be much better and send this ship sailing
Paige was already gone. Lyons we passed on

Bowen is still a commit.

So what did you get right? I'm confused

Freeman has shown hes a good coach at Cincy and here. Definitely not bad. If you want say solid or average, maybe Ill give you that. But far from bad

The season was below what we wanted but not bad. 8 and 4 with Drew Pyne and beating a top 5 team. Definitely a lot to improve on but not bad considering everything

So what exactly were you right about again?

I talked about this before the season. If we find out that Freeman and Rees are bad coaches (WE FOUND THAT OUT) then our record will be worse than 10-2 and recruiting will fall depending on how bad it is. Obviously the D hasn't looked great and the offense has been absolutely awful.

Trending right now to end up with a Brian Kelly type class but with a coaching staff far far far worse.

Not good

Paige probably going to USC, love trending away, lyons not a lock, no plan or good option for keeley backup, no qb, bowen probably gone (it would make us losing our top 3 commits), and in 24 our top DE looking at UM now secretively. That's what we know right now and it's not getting better. Complete disaster on the field. THanks OHIO STATE GRAD.

If Freeman can't recruit lights out, this will send ND backwards more than TY and bob davie did.
Crashing

Huh....whats so hard to understand

You said this year recruiting crashed

If this year is a crash (top 5 class) I hope we crash like this every year

Easy to understand
No you said if 8-4 is crashing you’d take it every year

Paige was already gone. Lyons we passed on

Bowen is still a commit.

So what did you get right? I'm confused

Freeman has shown hes a good coach at Cincy and here. Definitely not bad. If you want say solid or average, maybe Ill give you that. But far from bad

The season was below what we wanted but not bad. 8 and 4 with Drew Pyne and beating a top 5 team. Definitely a lot to improve on but not bad considering everything

So what exactly were you right about again?
Bowen is not committed, we didn’t pass in lyons, he wouldn’t do what we wanted and commit super fast.

It was Luke’s D in Cincy. He’s been average here

Hey…..I was here the night of the FSU game when he originally wanted to fire Freeman. I didn’t like it then, and I don’t like it now.

I just want to talk football. This is a critical time for ND where we can solidify what could be a playoff contending team next season.

The ribbing that GN has taken is well-deserved, but I’m ready to talk portal and who’s going to be our 23 QB!

Crashing.

Bowen is not committed, we didn’t pass in lyons, he wouldn’t do what we wanted and commit super fast.

It was Luke’s D in Cincy. He’s been average here
He is still committed. Yes we moved on from Lyons. Get the right intel.

He was DC at Cincy and recruited a lot of those kids. Then he came here and had a top 15 D. I want that average every year

Lol. You over reacted. Period, stop, end

Reactions: Golson5
Lol. You over reacted. Period, stop, end
Or maybe my post had the coaches get their act together!!! :)

Obviously i'm joking but it's very possible and likely that coaches thought we were recruiting good and this team was goin to be really good making it even easier to recruit, and didn't think there would be so much ammunition other teams would have after 3 games when we played like dog crap until UNC.

I really really like this class from a skill standpoint. I do think our slight weakness is both lines (not that they're weak), they're just not great.

Or maybe my post had the coaches get their act together!!! :)

Obviously i'm joking but it's very possible and likely that coaches thought we were recruiting good and this team was goin to be really good making it even easier to recruit, and didn't think there would be so much ammunition other teams would have after 3 games when we played like dog crap until UNC.

I really really like this class from a skill standpoint. I do think our slight weakness is both lines (not that they're weak), they're just not great.
Quite while you're behind.

Your drama queen thread from 11 weeks ago is an unmitigated disaster.

Reactions: NDinNJ

Not good

Crashing.

ADVERTISEMENT