ADVERTISEMENT

They took Book out too early !

BodiTheGreat

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2018
What a drop off at QB after Book ! We need to blow out Navy to jump in the polls ! Let Phil pay MID fourth !

Reactions: Pennick4
Bump. They need to move Phil J down to third string. He is too physicaly weak for college football.. He couldn't gain half a yard against Navy? Book would have easily got it !

IIO is correct. Kelly and Long didn't let Jurkovec and the 2nd and 3rd stringers play ND's normal offense. Limited them to plain vanilla mostly running plays.

Reactions: Tru2Irish
I am wondering why the ND media don’t ask BK why Phil and the back ups are not allowed to run the offense? Are all the media that intimidated that they won’t ask a simple question ? Also, why were two Navy Receivers left unattended and what happened on the failed 4th and one. The radio guys said nothing constructive and I haven’t watched the DVR version yet.

After UM’s beatdown, I wondered how long before some ND fans would start making argument that the game was an aberration and claim a ‘rightful’ playoff spot! Well, now we know! 2 weeks.

Reactions: BGI User 1596
The Michigan game was not an aberration. Don't fall into that lie. It's an excuse. We also hear that ND played Georgia really tight and could have won the game. Question is, when will BK win one of these games? And then you have the second half excuse for the USC game and let's not discuss VT. Despite all this, our players have responded nicely and they are the ones who haven't given up. I am proud of them. After Michigan, the players could have cashed it in, but, they didn't. Our guys can only play the schedule that's placed in front of them. Finish strong and get noticed by the committee. Camping World against an established program or NY6 bowl against a group of five program? I say go for the highest rated team and play them.

Reactions: d1042
IIO is correct. Kelly and Long didn't let Jurkovec and the 2nd and 3rd stringers play ND's normal offense. Limited them to plain vanilla mostly running plays.
You never run the score up on Navy. ND has played Navy 127 times. The most points ND ever scored on them is 58.

You never run the score up on Navy. ND has played Navy 127 times. The most points ND ever scored on them is 58.
It wasn't running up the score. It's letting the second string actually run some real plays rather than scrub time. It's called preparing your future starters. The most they had was two series anyway, the most maybe they scored was one TD. Trust me, given the chance Niumatalolo would have. No dissing Navy or disrespecting them and not leaving starters in the entire game, but geesh give the 2nd stringers a chance to at least run some plays. I think that was a bad move by the coaches to give the next gen valuable game experience. It doesn't happen very often and probably not the rest of the year.

It wasn't running up the score. It's letting the second string actually run some real plays rather than scrub time. It's called preparing your future starters. The most they had was two series anyway, the most maybe they scored was one TD.
I know exactly what you are talking about.

However, if ND would have continued to run their offense with Phil, ND would have scored 70.

Against any other opponent, I love your idea.

However, ND will never do that to Navy.

I know exactly what you are talking about.

However, if ND would have continued to run their offense with Phil, ND would have scored 70.

Against any other opponent, I love your idea.

However, ND will never do that to Navy.
I edited my post some, but I disagree. I think the most we would have gotten is two more series. Let them play, if they got in the red zone, fine back off and kick a FG. But that was almost more embarrassing to Navy short of kneeling every down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT