ADVERTISEMENT

Don’t let the players off the hook

BaldyNd

Irish Expert
Sep 19, 2020
I get that coaching should always be critiqued and examined first. But the fact is there were numerous execution errors made by our guys on offense that directly took away points. The penalty on Evans that took a TD off the board. Next play Pyne misses Lenzy wide open for a td. Pyne also missed Merriweather for a TD before hitting him later. Styles had a key third down drop and also had a TD catch go through his hands (would have been a tough but doable catch). And of course Estimes fumble.

If we make even half of these plays we win. Look, it starts with coaching, and I definitely agree that Freeman’s seat should be warm and Rees should be hot. But our guys on offense need to shoulder a lot of the blame too. I also feel like the refs screwed us a bit but I don’t like going down that path

Reactions: IrishMike409
Very very true! As fans we get so mad with the overall result, but those things fall on the players.

If it wasn’t so many different players at all levels making bonehead mistakes I’d agree with you.
Our team looks like they play madden all week instead of practicing and improving from game film.

to tackle as bad as we did, to have so many blown assignments both sides, to have a dumb game plan on both sides, this falls on freeman clearly not having a clue and his coordinators aren’t good enough to make up for it. With Rees being atrocious and bolden figuring it out still with this team.

If it wasn’t so many different players at all levels making bonehead mistakes I’d agree with you.
Our team looks like they play madden all week instead of practicing and improving from game film.

to tackle as bad as we did, to have so many blown assignments both sides, to have a dumb game plan on both sides, this falls on freeman clearly not having a clue and his coordinators aren’t good enough to make up for it. With Rees being atrocious and bolden figuring it out still with this team.
The issue there is outside the backs they only target 1 wr and te.

Players know going in that this stuff isn't going to work. Tommy has to do better.

😂 The Defense gave up 16 points and we're on the field almost a full quarter longer than the offense. It's not their fault the Offense can't score more than that and sustain drives. This game is 100% on the Offense.

The players made a lot of mistakes, but ultimately, it comes back to coaching. We got outcoached. Stanford has given up 40+ points three times this year - but they held us to 14. Our offense was lousy.

There is plenty of questioning to be sure, both coaches, alot coaches, but also players, our players are gutless. Pride alone, the feeling of "want to" alone should have won this game. This team is ripe with losers, quitters, and players with zero guts and accountability

Last edited:
Freeman needs to be a their COACH....not their buddy and "one of the guys"....time to get tough Marcus....the players are taking advantage of you!

another bullshit thread blaming kids fact is most of these kids played on the 11-1 team last year, get a grip freeman sucks ass and he’s going to tear this program apart so far it’s gonna take a $20 million coach eight years to pull it up from the depths of hell like Michigan

another bullshit thread blaming kids fact is most of these kids played on the 11-1 team last year, get a grip freeman sucks ass and he’s going to tear this program apart so far it’s gonna take a $20 million coach eight years to pull it up from the depths of hell like Michigan
That’s a valid point about prior year’s play !

Yeah, he should do a Kelly and throw them under a bus!
There is a big difference between "throwing them under the bus" vs "holding them accountable". Every athlete worth their salt know the difference full well and quite frankly accept that responsibility and accountability. Only message board know nothings, like most people on most boards, talk about the notion of being "thrown under the bus" ... Real players expect to be held accountable. And yes, coaches should, and do, as well.

There is a big difference between "throwing them under the bus" vs "holding them accountable". Every athlete worth their salt know the difference full well and quite frankly accept that responsibility and accountability. Only message board know nothings, like most people on most boards, talk about the notion of being "thrown under the bus" ... Real players expect to be held accountable. And yes, coaches should, and do, as well.
Yes, but you keep that accountability internal. You don't air it out in public. That's how you lose a team.

Reactions: d1042
Yes, but you keep that accountability internal. You don't air it out in public. That's how you lose a team.
Again you perceive it as "throwing them under the bus", I don't, and most competitive athletes don't either. That's just the talk of fans and beat writers

Every basket case college football team can make their season by winning in ND stadium. They come with an energy we need to match but haven't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT