ADVERTISEMENT

Texas and LSU...the difference between us and them.

Both Ed Orgeron and Tom Herman both relative new hires at Texas and LSU respectively have recruited much better than the previous coaching staffs/ regimes that they took over.

It's simpleton thinking to keep dismissing / excusing everything with "that's the south that's just how it is"

Both of these programs on the raise from hiring coaches that can just flat out recruit their assess off. And tom herman has a track record thus far that shows he can coach too.

Ohio State was doing just fine in the midwest recruiting the most talented team in the country they were the #1 team in talent composite ranking last year.

Michigan has recruited better than Notre Dame in both the Hoke and Harbaugh era.

Oklahoma is considered the midwest, not the south, and they are pulling in top 10 classes under Lincoln Riley now.

Oregon Ducks just pulled in a top 5 class last year.

You have to stop making excuses for the mediocrity at notre dame man.

12-1 isn't mediocre---get on your meds

How many teams have won more than ND in the last 2 years.

You're priceless-----clueless but priceless.

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
Notre Dame's pipeline states traditionally are so California Florida and Texas. Based on this posters criteria of the South and the points being made about how talented and dominant the south is Notre Dame should be better than ever right now and shouldn't be playing second fiddle to Michigan, psu, or OSU who don't have anywhere near the national recruiting base/advantages that Notre Dame has.
Florida and Texas were never pipeline states for us. We've got some guys out of there but not a pipeline. We've got more guys out of Illinois Pa Ohio Michigan than Florida and Texas.

We don't play second fiddle to Michigan or psu. Ohio has better recruiting advantages than us because

1. Their recent history (last 25 years) is wayy better than ours. Kids want to get to the league and win. OSU has been dominant while we went through Davie Willingham Weis. We're starting to change that but we're playing catch up still.

2. Ohio is a top tier state in terms of producing players. Indiana is not. Homegrown talent is easy to recruit rather not trying to steal from someone else's state.

3. Urban Meyer. One of the great coaches n recruiters of all time. They had him. We didn't.

4. I don't think they care much about academics and character. We do

Last edited:
We may not have a great downfield passing game right now, but at least our offense is better than Michigan’s or Stanford’s.

Florida and Texas were never pipeline states for us. We've got some guys out of there but not a pipeline. We've got more guys out of Illinois Pa Ohio Michigan than Florida and Texas.

We don't play second fiddle to Michigan or psu. Ohio has better recruiting advantages than us because

1. Their recent history (last 25 years) is wayy better than ours. Kids want to get to the league and win. OSU has been dominant while we went through Davie Willingham Weis. We're starting to change that but we're playing catch up still.

2. Ohio is a top tier state in terms of producing players. Indiana is not. Homegrown talent is easy to recruit rather not trying to steal from someone else's state.

3. Urban Meyer. One of the great coaches n recruiters of all time. They had him. We didn't.

4. I don't think they care much about academics and character. We do

#2 s spot on

Virginia and USC

know nothing of Va.
But a team with a weak OL is not going to beat ND’s defense. SC has a very questionable OL with little depth.

The strength of SC is the WR’s and RB’s. Both are totally dependent upon the OL. Beat the OL and SC is easy to beat.

know nothing of Va.
But a team with a weak OL is not going to beat ND’s defense. SC has a very questionable OL with little depth.

The strength of SC is the WR’s and RB’s. Both are totally dependent upon the OL. Beat the OL and SC is easy to beat.
We didn't beat them easily last year and they are much improved. We'll see

know nothing of Va.

Virginia has a pretty good team this year. As for SC, I think we'll be favored since we're at home, but it could be a very tough game.

I think UVA ends up playing Clemson in ACC Title game.

They are vastly improved and will be a very tough opponent.

How come all those great LSU athletes kept cramping up? Specifically every time Texas got a first down exactly one Tiger defender went down.

Reactions: francade
How come all those great LSU athletes kept cramping up? Specifically every time Texas got a first down exactly one Tiger defender went down.

did you happen to look at the shots of the fans in the stands? sweating and using programs as fans?
Must have been hot and very humid!

I know this will stir the Hornets nest but I'm betting a lot of people are watching this game.

I want to point something out very glaring and very telling.

We don't play offense like this and honestly never have under Brian Kelly.

Maybe a brief stint with Kizer and Fuller on offense but still not quite like these two.

These two teams are pretty good. The Texas QB is fun to watch. Tough runner like a fullback. Like Tebow but can throw a bit better.

LSU now has a throwing QB. Something they've desperately needed for years. The defense and running backs have been solid but no QB.

These teams are supposed to be on the rung below the elites.

I echo again...we play offense nothing like these teams.

Big plays, explosive plays, exciting offensive playing.

We play very methodically but in a very scared methodical manner. We inch our way down the field.

We don't have a receiver like anything on the field tonight. Don't have a QB comparable to either team.

And most importantly....we play slow collectively with no urgency or energy.

That's just how far away we are from the better teams in college football.

It pisses me off TBH that we can't either with gameplan or recruiting or both at
NOTRE DAME mind you.....play offense like either team on display.
Which of these two teams played in the CFP last year?

You do realize ND lost to Clemson by less than Bama - right? Could've been worse score if Clemson didn't take a knee.

At least one player from Clemson said ND was tougher than BAMA but, in your eyes, it's ND that's not elite - ridiculous case you're trying to pass off.

I know this will stir the Hornets nest but I'm betting a lot of people are watching this game.

I want to point something out very glaring and very telling.

We don't play offense like this and honestly never have under Brian Kelly.

Maybe a brief stint with Kizer and Fuller on offense but still not quite like these two.

These two teams are pretty good. The Texas QB is fun to watch. Tough runner like a fullback. Like Tebow but can throw a bit better.

LSU now has a throwing QB. Something they've desperately needed for years. The defense and running backs have been solid but no QB.

These teams are supposed to be on the rung below the elites.

I echo again...we play offense nothing like these teams.

Big plays, explosive plays, exciting offensive playing.

We play very methodically but in a very scared methodical manner. We inch our way down the field.

We don't have a receiver like anything on the field tonight. Don't have a QB comparable to either team.

And most importantly....we play slow collectively with no urgency or energy.

That's just how far away we are from the better teams in college football.

It pisses me off TBH that we can't either with gameplan or recruiting or both at
NOTRE DAME mind you.....play offense like either team on display.
Translation, "Kelly Sucks, Kelly Sucks, and ummmm Kelly Sucks some more". See, anyone can be a broken record. To be honest, I didn't ready one word of your post but you post nothing else but how bad Kelly's coaching is. You really should go apply for the job.

We may not have a great downfield passing game right now, but at least our offense is better than Michigan’s or Stanford’s.
This is why fans make me laugh.
You want to say our offense is better than Michigan and Stanford?

You base this on?

We played Louisville.

Michigan's double overtime against Army?

Oklahoma needed OT to beat Army last year.

A game that finished in the 20's.

Yep...the very Oklahoma team who's offense was light years ahead of ours.

Stanford used a backup QB against a USC team that sone people here think is just so pathetic....but again don't really know.

Reactions: deadirishpoet

You base this on?

We played Louisville.

Stanford used a backup QB against a USC team that sone people here think is just so pathetic....but again don't really know.

Backup QB or not, Stanford only scored 10 offensive points vs. Northwestern, then only managed 20 on USC (which had given up 23 to Fresno State). As for Michigan, they only ran for 2.4 ypc against Army (45 rushes, 108 yards). And I watched some of that game. Army held OU's scoring down somewhat because of ball control the year before. But they were actually stopping Michigan pretty effectively.

Our offense looked better than either of theirs IMO. So yes, I think our offense is better than either Michigan's or Stanford's right now.

Reactions: Golson5

You base this on?

We played Louisville.

Stanford also scored a whopping 17 vs Northwestern. Their offense is below average. Michigan's offense does not look in sync with this new o coordinator.

Louisville might be better than people expected. They do have some talent and they now have a good coaching staff. They are going to surprise a lot of people

Backup QB or not, Stanford only scored 10 offensive points vs. Northwestern, then only managed 20 on USC (which had given up 23 to Fresno State). As for Michigan, they only ran for 2.4 ypc against Army (45 rushes, 108 yards). And I watched some of that game. Army held OU's scoring down somewhat because of ball control the year before. But they were actually stopping Michigan pretty effectively.

Our offense looked better than either of theirs IMO. So yes, I think our offense is better than either Michigan's or Stanford's right now.
Again you're trying to connect dots and that's silly considering how early the season is.

Stanford also scored a whopping 17 vs Northwestern. Their offense is below average. Michigan's offense does not look in sync with this new o coordinator.

Louisville might be better than people expected. They do have some talent and they now have a good coaching staff. They are going to surprise a lot of people
Good morning Nostradamus

I don't know how to say this without being malicious but I will try my best.

This little habit you're in of saying this team only beat this team by..... or this team only scored this amount against team xyz...
really sheds light on just how little you understand the intricate details football.

You think you understand which makes you twice as ignorant.
Trying to connect dots of one team's success or lack of it to another team is foolish.
There is so much more to the game than score board watching.

Styles make fights.

Moreover your declaration of Louisville now having a good coaching staff shows even more lack of understanding.

You saying this based on what? Kirk Herbstreit and Folwer saying that during the game?

Well gee...Louisville was so bad the only direction they can even go is up.

Having said that they gave Brian Van Gorder on staff. That right there means they can only be so good.

He by far is the worst football coach I've ever seen.

Michigan' Patterson struggled to move the ball against Army. we cannot be that bad.

Good morning Nostradamus

I don't know how to say this without being malicious but I will try my best.

This little habit you're in of saying this team only beat this team by..... or this team only scored this amount against team xyz...
really sheds light on just how little you understand the intricate details football.

You think you understand which makes you twice as ignorant.
Trying to connect dots of one team's success or lack of it to another team is foolish.
There is so much more to the game than score board watching.

Styles make fights.

Moreover your declaration of Louisville now having a good coaching staff shows even more lack of understanding.

You saying this based on what? Kirk Herbstreit and Folwer saying that during the game?

Well gee...Louisville was so bad the only direction they can even go is up.

Having said that they gave Brian Van Gorder on staff. That right there means they can only be so good.

He by far is the worst football coach I've ever seen.
Good afternoon toolbag

Let me be clear, I watched most of Stanfords first gm vs Northwestern and I watched their whole game vs USC. Their offense is below average to average at best. If you cant see that by watching thats on you. Learn about the game a little bit. I didnt say this team beat this team by a certain amount of points.

I say Louisville has a good coaching staff based on their head coach being a very good coach and smart coach to hire good assistants. I dont need to explain myself to you but you're so ignorant and foolish talking football I feel I have to.

Reactions: d1042
88 and Chaseball are the worst wussie Notre Dame fans ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nah, they just don’t understand, the bridge is washed out or the road is closed to go where they want to go.
They are banging their heads against a wall! They are spitting into the wind! They don’t recognize that there is always something to be unhappy about.

Is that what I said?

Quit twisting shit upside down because a true point of fact pisses you off.

If you're watching this game answer the question...

Do we play offense anything like these two teams playing tonight?

Just answer that.

I don't need excuses please. I don't need what we did last year.

Do you ever see us playing offense like either of these schools tonight?

Yes or no?

You see great offense?

I see absolutely terrible defense!

Giving up almost 500 yards passing is ridiculous.

600 total yards is terrible defense.

Good afternoon toolbag

Let me be clear, I watched most of Stanfords first gm vs Northwestern and I watched their whole game vs USC. Their offense is below average to average at best. If you cant see that by watching thats on you. Learn about the game a little bit. I didnt say this team beat this team by a certain amount of points.

I say Louisville has a good coaching staff based on their head coach being a very good coach and smart coach to hire good assistants. I dont need to explain myself to you but you're so ignorant and foolish talking football I feel I have to.
I like Louisville HC and hope hes successful

nah, they just don’t understand, the bridge is washed out or the road is closed to go where they want to go.
They are banging their heads against a wall! They are spitting into the wind! They don’t recognize that there is always something to be unhappy about.
If Tom Herman was our coach, pulling in top 5 back to back classes, going toe-to-toe with one of the best teams in the SEC like LSU, the nature of my posts would be entirely different.

I'm tired of having to defend myself/and tired of getting criticism as some unjustified hater/griefer. I have very pointed criticisms about very important issues in the football program and i try to go above and beyond in providing evidence/data/etc. because I know that my opinions are unpopular among ND fans.

My criticisms are legitimate.

With the right coach NDs upside would be much higher than it is right now but people are so sold on Kelly's 12-1 record (even though the peripherals don't support that record) that most fans simply can't--or worse, don't want to--see the forest for the trees.

Last edited:
If Tom Herman was our coach, pulling in top 5 back to back classes, going toe-to-toe with one of the best teams in the SEC like LSU, the nature of my posts would be entirely different.

I'm tired of having to defend myself/and tired of getting criticism as some unjustified hater/griefer. I have very pointed criticisms about very important issues in the football program and i try to go above and beyond in providing evidence/data/etc. because I know that my opinions are unpopular among ND fans.

In other words, I have legitimate and very valid criticisms.
I like your football post, BUT your political post.....not so much lol

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT