ADVERTISEMENT

Texas and LSU...the difference between us and them.

@deadirishpoet the guys an internet troll... the first response I ever got was him acting superior because I hadn’t posted on a MESSAGE BOARD. It’s interesting, you can actually know what you’re talking about, but refrain from posting every second of the day.

It gets a bit tiresome reading constant complaints that other schools have athletes that are superior, and were not interested in a Notre Dame that would never admit them.

@irish4life888 of course! 88 is a self hating Irish fan who spews nonsense
What was said that isn't true?

Thank you,

Drive thru

P.s.

If reality hurts little feelings oh well.

It's not my fault BK has many short comings some rather important as in just being competitive in the post season against the best.

Think about that second...

His teams have been in 5 major bowl games and not once has he put his team in a position to win.

Not even once.

If that upsets you I'm terribly sorry but those results aren't opinion.

They've already been played. They're in the books.

5 big bowl games, 5 blow outs.

Have a great day

Reactions: chitown sot
@88ND hurts my feelings? What are you 12? How about the fact that you say a variation of your tired BS every single post? You bring nothing to the table. That’s my point, I hope it doesn’t hurt your feelings. Haha

Reactions: Pennick4
@88ND hurts my feelings? What are you 12? How about the fact that you say a variation of your tired BS every single post? You bring nothing to the table. That’s my point, I hope it doesn’t hurt your feelings. Haha
and what are you bringing to the table every single one of your post has been an attack on anybody who's critical of the football team

Reactions: 88ND
“What was said that isn't true?

Thank you,

Drive thru

P.s.

If reality hurts little feelings oh well.“

Do you consider this the start of a debate? @chaseball Give me a break

If Tom Herman was our coach, pulling in top 5 back to back classes, going toe-to-toe with one of the best teams in the SEC like LSU, the nature of my posts would be entirely different.

I'm tired of having to defend myself/and tired of getting criticism as some unjustified hater/griefer. I have very pointed criticisms about very important issues in the football program and i try to go above and beyond in providing evidence/data/etc. because I know that my opinions are unpopular among ND fans.

My criticisms are legitimate.

With the right coach NDs upside would be much higher than it is right now but people are so sold on Kelly's 12-1 record (even though the peripherals don't support that record) that most fans simply can't--or worse, don't want to--see the forest for the trees.
Lol. Kelly beat LSU twice and went toe to toe with a better Georgia team

I always appreciate a good debate you disagree with a point somebody's making step up to the table and counter it but stop jumping into threads derailing topics and inciting flaming
Absolutely...

It's really sad and sort of funny how personal some people take it when you make a point they don't like.

They offer nothing of substance for debate just blurt things out like a serious case of tourette's syndrome.

Chase: ND isn't recruiting nowhere near where they need to be. They hover around 15th in the country. S+P x19 has the Irish ranked right around middle of the 2nd tier teams

88ND(myself): Brian Kelly does a complete disservice to the players by not utilizing the extra weeks of practice to game plan.
Instead he practices 4 more weeks of the east west long developing run play. That will trick the opposition.

HoltzArmy: you guys suck. Miserable.
I've got a blue cereal bowl. Pinkett wore #20.
You guys hate ND. BK is amazing.

Pretty much something like that.

You can give crayons, pencils and many things to those lacking maturity....

But make no mistake, you can't have a real debate.

@deadirishpoet For some reason the loss that pisses me off the most (even though it didn’t matter in the grand scheme of things) was the loss at MSU when the clock hit 0 and they ran a fake field goal to win. I remember thinking Kelly was another Ty or Charlie. Glad he is proving us wrong.

Lol. Kelly beat LSU twice and went toe to toe with a better Georgia team
Gotta love these responses....

The irony...

So if you praise LSU for having a REAL offense now the BK apologists say LSU has had a terrible offense for a decade.

But then they up and say Brian Kelly beat LSU twice as if to celebrate those incredible wins against a team that sucked terribly on offense. Their words...

L O L is right.

Go figure, huh.

What I remember most about the Georgia and the two LSU bowl games was we matched their physicality. We didn’t need to finesse or play cute to get the two wins against LSU and frankly we blew the Georgia game late. Those were hard nosed football games. Bring on the Dogs!!!

@deadirishpoet For some reason the loss that pisses me off the most (even though it didn’t matter in the grand scheme of things) was the loss at MSU when the clock hit 0 and they ran a fake field goal to win. I remember thinking Kelly was another Ty or Charlie. Glad he is proving us wrong.
What exactly is he proving?

This is a legit question.

So I'm trying to actually have a real debate with you.

You sound off he's probing "US" wrong.

So now that you're speaking for "US" please tell what he's proving?

P.s.

If that MSU game pissed you off the most then says a great deal...

It was a great call by MSU. A gutsy call and they pulled it off. In the grand scheme of things it really mattered nothing....
Especially when you consider games that actually mattered much more that BK totally pissed his pants on.
@Michigan in 11 up 24-7 only to allow 28 points in the 4th quarter.
Bama in 12 blood bath
@FSU in 14 close but phantom call says no
@Clemson close but nope
@Stanford to end the 15 season
@Fiesta Bowl vs. OSU 15 season
Home vs. Georgia in 17 close but nope
@cotton bowl vs Clemson debacle.

The big wins are?????

??

?

Beat Big 12 Champ OU in Norman 2012

Gave Mich St their only loss in 2013

Ran BCS team USC out of the building in 2017

Beating 10 win Mich in last years opener

Reactions: Riverside Irish

—————————————————————————————-
slight reaches there. But ok. As a 10 year resume AT Notre Dame?
I think that’s where some fans find the discontent.

Bob Stoops was 101-9 at home in his time at OU. I would say the 2012 game was pretty significant. You could make the argument the others were a stretch.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Bob Stoops was 101-9 at home in his time at OU. I would say the 2012 game was pretty significant. You could make the argument the others were a stretch.
IMO

The best game BK ever coached wasn't even a victory.

2014 @ FSU

The setting,
at night,
the opponent, who just won a title and was still undefeated
Everything was perfect for a typical BK piss his pants moment.

That was the one and only game he really defied the odds (I'm not talking betting odds) and was right there for the win.
Truly gave FSU all it could handle. He called a perfect game. The players played energized and excited. We didn't have that deer in headlights look and spot the opponent 14 points before we "settled in" like at Clemson.

The OU game...that just didn't feel like some of the others. The betting line might have had us as the underdog but I just didn't feel like OU was a favorite. That game didn't seem like the goliath that FSU was in 14.

Aside from those two....

And that's the sad part.

You'd think in 10 years at ND there would be some big wins there or some bigger moments that we came out on top of.

A big bowl win?

Hell a big bowl game even played competitively.

It's rather bleak looking back

Unfortunately, reality says that as soon as we win the game the significance of the game is diminished.

All circumstances considered, I would say that the Music City Bowl win over LSU is the most important win in the Kelly era. We come in reeling, four straight losses, giving up an average of 44 points in those four games. We lose that bowl game and we are still reeling right into the 2015 season. And we are playing an SEC blue blood that nobody thinks we can hang with. Serious crossroads scenario. Not only do we win, we play really well in winning, and we go toe to toe on the LOS with a team that was supposed to dominate us. It totally changes the attitude and trajectory of the program. We follow that up going 10-2 and to a NY6 bowl, including a 2 point loss to the national runner up on the road. 2015 could look 100% totally different if we lose to LSU in Nashville, never mind if we look overmatched while losing. It might have been an unimportant weekday afternoon bowl game to the rest of college football, but it as immensely important to our program.

Unfortunately, reality says that as soon as we win the game the significance of the game is diminished.

All circumstances considered, I would say that the Music City Bowl win over LSU is the most important win in the Kelly era. We come in reeling, four straight losses, giving up an average of 44 points in those four games. We lose that bowl game and we are still reeling right into the 2015 season. And we are playing an SEC blue blood that nobody thinks we can hang with. Serious crossroads scenario. Not only do we win, we play really well in winning, and we go toe to toe on the LOS with a team that was supposed to dominate us. It totally changes the attitude and trajectory of the program. We follow that up going 10-2 and to a NY6 bowl, including a 2 point loss to the national runner up on the road. 2015 could look 100% totally different if we lose to LSU in Nashville, never mind if we look overmatched while losing. It might have been an unimportant weekday afternoon bowl game to the rest of college football, but it as immensely important to our program.
Two things...

You have some on this board screaming just how much LSU sucked on offense from days ago when I pointed out they're playing offense at a much higher level than we are at present...

So if LSU was such shit on offense how could that a huge win?

If that was so immensely important to the program in the next year after then how in the hell did 4-8 happen in the second year after

Last edited:
Two things...

You have some on this board screaming just how much LSU sucked on offense from days ago when I pointed out they're playing offense at a much higher level than we are at present...

So if LSU was such shit on offense how could that a huge win?

If that was so immensely important to the program in the next year after then how in the hell did 4-8 happen in the second year after
That LSU team wasn't great at QB, as usual back then, but had Leonard Fournette, who was about as good a college RB as anyone ever. And they were very stout on the LOS.

And I think pushback to your LSU offense proclamation was more based on the ONE game sample than anything else.

That LSU team wasn't great at QB, as usual back then, but had Leonard Fournette, who was about as good a college RB as anyone ever. And they were very stout on the LOS.

And I think pushback to your LSU offense proclamation was more based on the ONE game sample than anything else.

I'm not the one who said LSU was wo dreadful in total offense. Fournette was an absolute force that year without question. 230# player with sprinter speed. Very much like a Tyrone Wheatley.

My counter point to your important win being that music city bowl was that if that game was in fact a spring board back into relevance the following year...then the spring board broke in half the year after that going 4-8. It just makes no sense.

The pushback if you read them was nothing more than referencing days of yore when LSU sucked so bad..."their words "

Regardless all that ....

The one game example is a small sample but regardless if 1 game or 15 straight...

When was the last time we played offense like that.

We've played some sorry ass teams along the way during BK tenure and it's been a very long time since we've had an offensive output like that no matter the opponent.

Thus we're never in a position to give backups quality reps and game experience.

That ultimately leads to the big bowl games when big plays become paramount.

We just don't have big plays and certainly not a series of them in succession.

These other top teams will try and score 50 points at the half. They don't always do that but they're trying to score fast and often.

We show no urgency in scoring. We don't play with a sense of urgency on offense. Everything is slow motion and routine.

Very.

When was the last time we just decimated an opponent with big plays. (Plural)

We all watch the games...when was the last play we've run that you thought where did that play come from? Great call......great play!

There's nothing fresh from us offensively.

That's fine if we're physically gifted enough to impose our will on the opponent but.....
unfortunately we're not that gifted to do such a thing so it needs to come from a game plan and some surprise plays. (I don't mean trick plays just different wrinkles)

We feature none of that and when we do it's few, far and in between.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT