ADVERTISEMENT

Riley Out Rest of Spring

I know this might not be popular but I would role with Carr or Minchey I think Leonard's ankle might never be the same and we need his running ability. I think we can all agree going 9-3 with Leonard would be a disappointment but going 9-3 with Carr or Minchey would be a success.
Thanks Doctor.

Reactions: Golson5
Against who? Steve Angeli has not faced real competition.

And if Marcus Freeman thought Steve Angeli can win in College Station, Riley Leonard would not be at Notre Dame.
You have no idea what MF thinks.
Angeli has faced live action and performed very well.

Over 2 years of Mike Elko and 2 years of MF, MF has had the tougher schedule

Let's see if you can figure the numbers out. It might take you awhile. I understand
I'm done dealing with stupid. You can't combine 2 years and say one team had an overall tougher schedule. By your logic, the team that had the best overall record over the span of two years deserves to be handed the national championship. It dental like that. Try to understand that each year is its own, you can't combine seasons. Wow, the stupidity on your part. You were right, when I referred to you taking the short his to school, I did indeed insult those children, because you are a special kind of special.

I'm done dealing with stupid. You can't combine 2 years and say one team had an overall tougher schedule. By your logic, the team that had the best overall record over the span of two years deserves to be handed the national championship. It dental like that. Try to understand that each year is its own, you can't combine seasons. Wow, the stupidity on your part. You were right, when I referred to you taking the short his to school, I did indeed insult those children, because you are a special kind of special.
Each year is its own. When I'm comparing 2 years of ME and 2 years of MF I'm going to compare them over that 2 year period. Over those 2 years MF has played the tougher opponents.

If you dont look at it like that, guess what, I don't give a ****. 🤣🤣

I have zero respect for your football opinions. I think you are one of the least knowledgeable posters here on actual football play. So who gives a shit what you think.

I'm glad you are done because it's annoying talking to someone with such little football IQ

I'm not the only one who feels this way..

Goolsby is saying RL won't have enough time working with his new coaches and offense to be ready to start the season.

Interesting that Malik (Lefty) says basically the same thing only with more urgency. Apparently, Malik had the same foot injury while he was QB at ND. Says it isn't easy to come back from and questions whether RL will be ready for TAM.

Gotta say they are both against ND bringing in RL. They were also both against bringing in SH. They both seem to think Minchey is the best in the room.

So much talent on the team and the coaching seems elite all around.

Will be interesting to see it all roll out.

I hope Freeman is coach speaking and really Kenny or CJ is really the number 2. Nothing against Steve but we're not beating anybody in the top 10 or Texas A&M with him st QB.

You have no idea what MF thinks.
Angeli has faced live action and performed very well.
Based on Marcus Freeman's actions recruiting and signing senior Riley Leonard, I know exactly what Marcus Freeman thought about the QB position at the end of last season.

The QB room needed help going into 2024.

Based on Marcus Freeman's actions recruiting and signing senior Riley Leonard, I know exactly what Marcus Freeman thought about the QB position at the end of last season.

The QB room needed help going into 2024.
Yeah, a one year rental who can't get on the field due to injuries. Spring practice was huge for Riley to learn and work with his receivers.

Reactions: NDinNJ
Do you think they brought him back from the first ankle surgery too early. Did he go through winter workout conditioning ?

Yeah, a one year rental who can't get on the field due to injuries. Spring practice was huge for Riley to learn and work with his receivers.
As long as he's ready to play against Texas am, that's all that matters.

Him with zero spring reps is still a better option than Angeli with all of Spring reps

Reactions: ndhuntington
As long as he's ready to play against Texas am, that's all that matters.

Him with zero spring reps is still a better option than Angeli with all of Spring reps
Bet you are not invited to the team picnic!

And the good year Leonard did have two years ago was against a schedule with ZERO ranked opponents. So with Leonard we really don't know what we have when it comes to competing against ranked opponents. He has potential, but so do Angeli, Minchey and Carr.

Reactions: Chitown11
And the good year Leonard did have two years ago was against a schedule with ZERO ranked opponents. So with Leonard we really don't know what we have when it comes to competing against ranked opponents. He has potential, but so do Angeli, Minchey and Carr.
He has higher potential. Was Clemson ranked this year?

He has higher potential. Was Clemson ranked this year?
This year? you mean last year. He wasn't a big factor in that game at all. He went 17-33 for 175 yards, 0 TD's 0INT's, and Clemson was down last year. He was average at best in that game against a team that was lucky to finish 20th

Last edited:
Reactions: Chitown11
This year? you mean last year. He wasn't a big factor in that game at all. He went 17-33 for 175 yards, 0 TD's 0INT's, and Clemson was down last year. He was average at best in that game against a team that was a top 15-20 team
Yes this year. I noticed you forgot to mention the 98 yards rushing and touchdown. So he had 273 yards and a touchdown with no turnovers

And you didn't mention clemson had a good defense and his offensive teammates weren't nearly as talented as Clemsons

Duke was 10 and 25 the 3 years before he started.

Duke was 13 and 5 with him before he got injured

Reactions: BGI User 756
Each year is its own. When I'm comparing 2 years of ME and 2 years of MF I'm going to compare them over that 2 year period. Over those 2 years MF has played the tougher opponents.

If you dont look at it like that, guess what, I don't give a ****. 🤣🤣

I have zero respect for your football opinions. I think you are one of the least knowledgeable posters here on actual football play. So who gives a shit what you think.

I'm glad you are done because it's annoying talking to someone with such little football IQ
I could care less what your low IQ self thinks of me or my opinions. You lack intelligence.

Yes this year. I noticed you forgot to mention the 98 yards rushing and touchdown. So he had 273 yards and a touchdown with no turnovers

And you didn't mention clemson had a good defense and his offensive teammates weren't nearly as talented as Clemsons

The season was over for Duke in December of 2023. That was last season, we are approaching a new season. Do I have to explain the meaning of past vs present vs future? Oh yes I do to a person with the mental aptitude of a 1st grader

The season was over for Duke in December of 2023. That was last season, we are approaching a new season. Do I have to explain the meaning of past vs present vs future? Oh yes I do to a person with the mental aptitude of a 1st grader
Nice try. Caring about a meaningless this year vs last year point that is irrelevant and just stupid. Low IQ is the one who was wrong about the Duke and Clemson performance and game of Leonard

Just dumb stuff from you. Arguing for Angeli with 1 career start and who has never thrown for 2000 yards in high school or college. And then to complain about a guy who had over 3700 yards as a sophomore at a school like Duke.

Let's talk about mental aptitude 🤣

Ben Morrison and Mitch Evans have higher potential to get hurt than Chance Tucker and Jack Larsen

So should we start Tucker and Larsen at Texas A&M !?
Your stupidity knows no bounds. You are comparing apples to oranges. Again those guys have been in the program for a few years.

Again, he beat a clemson team that was down this year. They were outside the top25 until the final rankings came out.

Your stupidity knows no bounds. You are comparing apples to oranges. Again those guys have been in the program for a few years.
So that matters? Only play the best players if they are here longer.

Talky about stupidity. Start someone based on time in the program over who the better player is. Wow that's brilliant

🤣🤣🤣

Beux Collins and Rod Heard arent even participating in spring ball or winter workouts at all. They arent allowed. So if they are the best players come game 1, should we keep them on the bench?

Again, he beat a clemson team that was down this year. They were outside the top25 until the final rankings came out.
Clemson down is still a much more talented team than Duke. You said he didnt beat a ranked team. You were inaccurate

They were ranked when they played Duke and they were ranked at the end of the year

Duke couldn't beat barely anyone before Leonard took over as starter. Now you're comparing when he wins 13 games on 18 starts like they are a top program

So that matters? Only play the best players if they are here longer.

Talky about stupidity. Start someone based on time in the program over who the better player is. Wow that's brilliant

🤣🤣🤣

Beux Collins and Rod Heard arent even participating in spring ball or winter workouts at all. They arent allowed. So if they are the best players come game 1, should we keep them on the bench?
You are a complete idiot. I didn't say that. It's a combination of things. Wow you show your stupidity with each comment. I don't even know why I'm wasting my valuable time trying to educate someone who consistently makes fatuous comments.

Clemson down is still a much more talented team than Duke. You said he didnt beat a ranked team. You were inaccurate

They were ranked when they played Duke and they were ranked at the end of the year

Duke couldn't beat barely anyone before Leonard took over as starter. Now you're comparing when he wins 13 games on 18 starts like they are a top program
ok Duke played one ranked team in 2 years. We still don't know if in fact he has the ability to lead a team to victory against a top 10 or top 5 team. That's if he's healthy long enough to get the opportunity.

You are a complete idiot. I didn't say that. It's a combination of things. Wow you show your stupidity with each comment. I don't even know why I'm wasting my valuable time trying to educate someone who consistently makes fatuous comments.
Oh.... now it's a combination of things 🤣

Moving the goalposts again I see

So we know Angeli doesnt have the experience edge. He doesnt have the talent edge.

What straw are you grasping at the he should start?

Now is not just the health, because that problem isnt a thing anymore apparently. It's a "combination" of things

I didnt hear you complaing last year that Thomas Harper shouldnt start over Clarence Lewis at nickel. Harper missed all of spring with a torn labrum in his shoulder. Lewis had a lot of starting experience and was in the program for 3 years. Yet Harper started game 1.

Oh yeah, it's a "combination" of things

Idiot 🤣

Reactions: FightingIrish44
ok Duke played one ranked team in 2 years. We still don't know if in fact he has the ability to lead a team to victory against a top 10 or top 5 team. That's if he's healthy long enough to get the opportunity.
And we dont know Angeli does.

But we have a lot more evidence that Leonard can play at a high level than we do Angeli

I'm choosing to go with talent and evidence over your feelings about Angeli

And if Leonard is hurt, I still have confidence in Angeli that he could get the job done to an extent. But ai want the best guy to start. And thats easily Leonard

Reactions: FightingIrish44
Its a team game. Drew Pyne helped ND dominate #4 Clemson by going 9-17 for 85 yards. Clemson finished 11-3 and #13 in the AP poll.

Have you watched Leonard play besides ND? I’m pretty sure he would have a top 10 win if he played for Georgia, Michigan, or Alabama the last two years.

Leonard’s numbers weren’t good against Clemson but Duke’s receivers were blanketed the whole game. When they were open, he completed the pass for the most part or it was a near miss. He did have some nice runs against Clemson including a 40+ yard TD run. Two other runs where he you can see the pure skill he possesses.

The receivers were pretty much blanketed against ND from what I recall. You’re saying he’s not beating ranked teams but he’s not playing for a particularly talented team either.

The ankle injury and missing spring definitely hurts but I wouldn’t hold his competition against him.

Its a team game. Drew Pyne helped ND dominate #4 Clemson by going 9-17 for 85 yards. Clemson finished 11-3 and #13 in the AP poll.

Have you watched Leonard play besides ND? I’m pretty sure he would have a top 10 win if he played for Georgia, Michigan, or Alabama the last two years.

Leonard’s numbers weren’t good against Clemson but Duke’s receivers were blanketed the whole game. When they were open, he completed the pass for the most part or it was a near miss. He did have some nice runs against Clemson including a 40+ yard TD run. Two other runs where he you can see the pure skill he possesses.

The receivers were pretty much blanketed against ND from what I recall. You’re saying he’s not beating ranked teams but he’s not playing for a particularly talented team either.

The ankle injury and missing spring definitely hurts but I wouldn’t hold his competition against him.
I understand what you're saying and I agree with you, but Golson5 likes to spin things and move the goal posts of the conversation. The original point of this entire thread is Leonard has been hurt since before he's been here. Coming into a new program and missing anytime is going to hurt the team period. You can argue otherwise, but it's fact that he's missing critical practices at a position that's critical to the offenses success, and being a transfer magnifies it.

I understand what you're saying and I agree with you, but Golson5 likes to spin things and move the goal posts of the conversation. The original point of this entire thread is Leonard has been hurt since before he's been here. Coming into a new program and missing anytime is going to hurt the team period. You can argue otherwise, but it's fact that he's missing critical practices at a position that's critical to the offenses success, and being a transfer magnifies it.
Yeah no shit it sucks that he's injured. No one is denying that. I think everyone wishes he was healthy instead of injured.

But what is your damn point after that? Does that mean Angeli is a better option than Leonard if both are healthy for Texas A&M, nope. So we have to deal with it

I agree with you on the injury stuff and missing spring ball. It definitely complicates things. I just hope we get to the season with all four QB’s.

I want the depth at QB so ND can use the QB in the run game.

I agree with you on the injury stuff and missing spring ball. It definitely complicates things. I just hope we get to the season with all four QB’s.

I want the depth at QB so ND can use the QB in the run game.
Do you really want Riley running ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT