ADVERTISEMENT

Riley Out Rest of Spring

This is dumb. Angeli was also a higher rated recruit than Josh Allen. So would you not have taken him if he was available?

You're just overthinking the whole situation. They see Leonard as very talented and a better QB than Angeli with more experience. It's really that simple and not complicated at all

If you think Leonard is a gamble with 20 career starts how is Angeli with 1 career start not way more of a gamble?

Leonard is much more talented than Steve. Hes had 1 injury in his career.

You also didnt mention Duke was 10 and 25 the 3 years before Riley took over as starter. And then wen 13 and 5 before he was injured. Does that not count?

This is very simple and not complicated
Duke being 10-25 had more to do with the head coach than Leonard.

Isn't it you who say coaches make mistakes all the time? Like when Saban hired Rees, you thought that was a mistake. Freeman has made multiple mistakes in his short tenure.

Reactions: THUNDERSTRUCK111
Lets bench Morrison. He's injured. Injury prone. And Mitchell Evans. And Eli Raridon. And JaDarian Price. Jayden Thomas with all those hamstring issues last year we shouldnt even let him compete

Lets sit all these guys. Just dumb
You are comparing apples to oranges. Leonard hasn't been healthy in close to a year, and his injuries are lingering. ND needs to be prepared if Leonard can't finish the season.

If the talent level was close between Riley and Steve Id agree 100% with you. But it's not
We don't really know the difference in talent level, Angeli hasn't had an opportunity to play an entire season. He was a redshirt two years ago and last year saw limited playing time behind Hartman, which honestly was a wasted year. ND could have gone 9-3 with Angeli.

Duke being 10-25 had more to do with the head coach than Leonard.

Isn't it you who say coaches make mistakes all the time? Like when Saban hired Rees, you thought that was a mistake. Freeman has made multiple mistakes in his short tenure.
Riiight lol. It had nothing to do with having an NFL QB.

So it's more to do with the head coach yet coaches make mistakes all the time. Which one is it for your argument?

You are comparing apples to oranges. Leonard hasn't been healthy in close to a year, and his injuries are lingering. ND needs to be prepared if Leonard can't finish the season.
What are you talking about? It's been 6 months not close to a year. His 1 injury is lingering, not his injuries

You're talking out of your ass now, close to year. 6 months

We don't really know the difference in talent level, Angeli hasn't had an opportunity to play an entire season. He was a redshirt two years ago and last year saw limited playing time behind Hartman, which honestly was a wasted year. ND could have gone 9-3 with Angeli.
Yes we could have gone 9 and 3 with Angeli last year or more likely 8 and 4

That has nothing to do with talent though

Maybe you don't know the difference in talent. But one guy is taller, way more athletic and has a stronger arm.

You can say Angeli may be the better QB long term, but you can't say he's more talented. Riley is much more gifted

He won't finish the season, he will be hurt by game 4 at latest

What are you talking about? It's been 6 months not close to a year. His 1 injury is lingering, not his injuries

You're talking out of your ass now, close to year. 6 months
BS, he had the ankle injury, then a turf toe injury, and now 3 months after the season he is going into surgery AGAIN.

Reactions: NDinNJ

Maybe you don't know the difference in talent. But one guy is taller, way more athletic and has a stronger arm.

You can say Angeli may be the better QB long term, but you can't say he's more talented. Riley is much more gifted
You are so full of shit. I dont give a rats ass how "talented" you think he is, if he can't get on the field he is USELESS

BS, he had the ankle injury, then a turf toe injury, and now 3 months after the season he is going into surgery AGAIN.
It all comes from the injury he sustained during the Notre Dame game

Before that he started 18 straight games.

JaDarian Price played 0 games. Got hurt before the year. Missed the whole season. Then came back last year. Should we have threw him away?

Smart move genius

You are so full of shit. I dont give a rats ass how "talented" you think he is, if he can't get on the field he is USELESS
20 starts says he gets on the field. 18 straight

We arent playing a game Saturday, are we?

That would suck because then Mitchell Evans is USELESS. Ben Morrison is USELESSS. Rocco Spindler is USELESS.

I guess It doesn't matter how talented Ben Morrison is. He's just USELESS

Thats an interesting take on maybe the best corner in the country.

Good one, Mel

Riiight lol. It had nothing to do with having an NFL QB.

So it's more to do with the head coach yet coaches make mistakes all the time. Which one is it for your argument?
Really? didn't know Leonard was in the NFL. you are a complete moron. Your the one that say coaches make mistakes all the time. There is a reason Texas A&M hired Elko. The guys a very good coach. He turned around Duke in a year. He has a strong track record. Freeman, the jury is still out.

ND could have gone 10-2 as well last year. Hartman experiment was a waste.

Reactions: Chitown11
Really? didn't know Leonard was in the NFL. you are a complete moron. Your the one that say coaches make mistakes all the time. There is a reason Texas A&M hired Elko. The guys a very good coach. He turned around Duke in a year. He has a strong track record. Freeman, the jury is still out.
Mike Elko is a very good coach. Riley Leonard is a very good QB.

There is a reason Texas A&M hired Elko. There is a reason Notre Dame signed Leonard

They both turned around Duke in a year.

If Elko has a strong track record then so does Freeman

You are proving yourself to be a bumbling moron here

ND could have gone 10-2 as well last year. Hartman experiment was a waste.
Yes they could have. Like I said, it has nothing to do with talent

Riley leonard is much more talented than Hartman.

If we were getting another Hartman Id be totally against the move.

This is the opposite of that

Reactions: IrishMike409
20 starts says he gets on the field. 18 straight

We arent playing a game Saturday, are we?

That would suck because then Mitchell Evans is USELESS. Ben Morrison is USELESSS. Rocco Spindler is USELESS.

I guess It doesn't matter how talented Ben Morrison is. He's just USELESS

Thats an interesting take on maybe the best corner in the country.

Good one, Mel
All of those you mentioned have been in the program. They know the scheme, they understand the coaching staff.

Leonard is at the most important position on the offensive side of the ball and he's coming in needing to gel with his receivers, add in ND has a new OC. He needs all the reps he can get.

Reactions: Chitown11
Mike Elko is a very good coach. Riley Leonard is a very good QB.

There is a reason Texas A&M hired Elko. There is a reason Notre Dame signed Leonard

They both turned around Duke in a year.

If Elko has a strong track record then so does Freeman

You are proving yourself to be a bumbling moron here
How? does freeman have a strong track record, he was left with a Porsche, Elko had to work with a pinto. you are even dumber than i thought you were.

All of those you mentioned have been in the program. They know the scheme, they understand the coaching staff.

Leonard is at the most important position on the offensive side of the ball and he's coming in needing to gel with his receivers, add in ND has a new OC. He needs all the reps he can get.
Really? Mitchell Evans and Rocco Spindler know Mike Denbrocks scheme but Riley Leonard doesn't

That's pretty interesting 🤣🤣. How the hell did they pull that off?

Does Mitchell Evans also know his position coach, Mike Denbrock as well. Interesting

How? does freeman have a strong track record, he was left with a Porsche, Elko had to work with a pinto. you are even dumber than i thought you were.
So if you come into a better situation that means you aren't proven? Another interesting point.

And we were a Porsche? Huh that's interesting too

Mike Elko I believe is a very good coach but he's been a head coach for 2 years. He's 16 and 9 which is good at Duke. But to say he's already proven with a strong track record is ridiculous.

I know one thing for sure, he's had the better QB than MF the last 2 years

Reactions: IrishMike409
So if you come into a better situation that means you aren't proven? Another interesting point.

And we were a Porsche? Huh that's interesting too

Mike Elko I believe is a very good coach but he's been a head coach for 2 years. He's 16 and 9 which is good at Duke. But to say he's already proven with a strong track record is ridiculous.

I know one thing for sure, he's had the better QB than MF the last 2 years
Elko has proven that he can take a team and make them better. Freeman hasn’t proven that so he doesn’t have the track record that Elko does. Duke was atrocious in 2020 and 2021 and Elko got them to 9-4 with all close losses in year one. Then he followed up with a solid 8-5 in year two.

Last edited:
Elko has proven that he can take a team and make them better. Freeman hasn’t proven that so he doesn’t have the track record that Elko does. Duke was atrocious in 2020 and 2021 and Elko got them to 9-4 with all close losses in year one. Then he followed up with a solid 8-5 in year two.
Neither of them have a track record. They've coached 2 years.

Notre Dame has way more talent than Duke. But Duke has the easier schedule and better QB and less pressure.

Both guys have a ton to prove.

Reactions: NDDadx3
Thank you. It's tough trying to explain things to those with lower IQ's.

Notre Dame has way more talent than Duke. But Duke has the easier schedule and better QB and less pressure.

I’m not saying that Elko has been proven to be an amazing coach, but he has a track record. A short one, but its still a record.

Freeman’s situation was inherently more difficult to improve upon but there’s still no proof that he can do what Elko has done.

I’m not saying that Elko has been proven to be an amazing coach, but he has a track record. A short one, but its still a record.

Freeman’s situation was inherently more difficult to improve upon but there’s still no proof that he can do what Elko has done.
They both have 2 years in. Both look like very good coaches in the making. MF is the younger coach.

Mike Elko has to prove he can win at a big time school with big time pressure.

So no, he has no record of him being able to win in that environment. This will be new for him

They both have a lot to prove. But Elko is in a new situation that we haven't seen him in yet

They both have 2 years in. Both look like very good coaches in the making. MF is the younger coach.

Mike Elko has to prove he can win at a big time school with big time pressure.

So no, he has no record of him being able to win in that environment. This will be new for him

They both have a lot to prove. But Elko is in a new situation that we haven't seen him in yet
You’re changing the argument. That Elko has no track record of winning at a program like Texas AM doesn’t change the fact that he has a track record of improving a program.

What program has Freeman elevated as a head coach? None. What program has Elko elevated? Duke. Therefore he has a track record

You’re changing the argument. That Elko has no track record of winning at a program like Texas AM doesn’t change the fact that he has a track record of improving a program.

What program has Freeman elevated as a head coach? None. What program has Elko elevated? Duke. Therefore he has a track record
They both have a track record, 2 years of being a head coach. I never said the argument was who improved a program and who didn't

I'm sorry, but taking over a crap program is easier than taking a program to Championship level

I mean, shit, I guess Deion had a track record too because he went from 1 win to 4 wins

MF and Elko are 2 very good coaches imo but both have a lot to prove.

You post so much bull sh1t. At least do some research before you post. Duke's SOS was stronger than ND's last season.

You post so much bull sh1t. At least do some research before you post. Duke's SOS was stronger than ND's last season.
Duke 2022 sos was 77th. 23 sos was 46th

ND 2022 sos was 34th. 23 was 60th

So Like I said our schedule was tougher than Dukes

Duke has had the easier schedule with the better QB and less pressure. Notre Dame has way more talent

They both have a track record, 2 years of being a head coach. I never said the argument was who improved a program and who didn't

I'm sorry, but taking over a crap program is easier than taking a program to Championship level

I mean, shit, I guess Deion had a track record too because he went from 1 win to 4 wins

MF and Elko are 2 very good coaches imo but both have a lot to prove.
NDinNJ says, “There is a reason Texas A&M hired Elko. The guys a very good coach. He turned around Duke in a year. He has a strong track record.”

To which you reply, “If Elko has a strong track record then so does Freeman”.

My response is how? How does Freeman have a strong track record like Elko? That’s the context of the conversation. I’m not talking about someone like Deion going from 1-11 to 4-8.

I already acknowledged that Elko’s situation was easier to improve, but that’s still a massive turnaround and something that Freeman has no record of doing. Freeman doesn’t even have a record of doing what Deion has done.

Duke 2022 sos was 77th. 23 sos was 46th

ND 2022 sos was 34th. 23 was 60th

So Like I said our schedule was tougher than Dukes

Duke has had the easier schedule with the better QB and less pressure. Notre Dame has way more talent
You are still full of sh1t.
Even if we look at the last two years, it's split with ND having a stronger schedule than Duke in 2022 and Duke having a stronger schedule in 2023, or do you not understand what you stated that ND had tougher schedules. You can't combine two seasons, each season is different dummy, You're wrong, and you are a low IQ too. And you're a big douche.

Reactions: Chitown11 and d1042
You are still full of sh1t.
Even if we look at the last two years, it's split with ND having a stronger schedule than Duke in 2022 and Duke having a stronger schedule in 2023, or do you not understand what you stated that ND had tougher schedules. You can't combine two seasons, each season is different dummy, You're wrong, and you are a low IQ too. And you're a big douche.
Over 2 years of Mike Elko and 2 years of MF, MF has had the tougher schedule

Let's see if you can figure the numbers out. It might take you awhile. I understand

NDinNJ says, “There is a reason Texas A&M hired Elko. The guys a very good coach. He turned around Duke in a year. He has a strong track record.”

To which you reply, “If Elko has a strong track record then so does Freeman”.

My response is how? How does Freeman have a strong track record like Elko? That’s the context of the conversation. I’m not talking about someone like Deion going from 1-11 to 4-8.

I already acknowledged that Elko’s situation was easier to improve, but that’s still a massive turnaround and something that Freeman has no record of doing. Freeman doesn’t even have a record of doing what Deion has done.
Because Mike Elko doesn't have a strong track record. He has 2 years. They've both coached 2 years. Their situations are completely different so we don't know how the other would do in the other situation

All I know about each is they both look like very good coaches to me. Both have a lot to prove going forward.

We don't know how Elko will perform in a bigger setting with a lot more pressure. We already know MFs baseline

And like I said, Elko did a great job at Duke. But he had the better QB, an easier schedule and less pressure.

We'll see what happens as he moves up the ladder

Thread reminds me of the movie, “The Dream Team”, with Michael Keaton.

• Haha
Because Mike Elko doesn't have a strong track record. He has 2 years. They've both coached 2 years. Their situations are completely different so we don't know how the other would do in the other situation

All I know about each is they both look like very good coaches to me. Both have a lot to prove going forward.

We don't know how Elko will perform in a bigger setting with a lot more pressure. We already know MFs baseline

And like I said, Elko did a great job at Duke. But he had the better QB, an easier schedule and less pressure.

We'll see what happens as he moves up the ladder
That’s fine that you don’t think Elko has a strong track record, but you said “IF” Elko has a strong track record then so does Freeman. Whatever his track record is…it’s irrelevant because you’re saying Freeman’s is basically as good. I think that’s not even close to true but I digress.

I know this might not be popular but I would role with Carr or Minchey I think Leonard's ankle might never be the same and we need his running ability. I think we can all agree going 9-3 with Leonard would be a disappointment but going 9-3 with Carr or Minchey would be a success.

So he’s basically Charlie Weis

Wow. Let's break this down dumbass

1. Dude was a freshman last year. He wasn't competing. Third string probably was getting 5% of reps with first string.
2. The #2 QB isn't always the guy that will take over for a big injury. It's likely that Angeli would be the backup if Riley goes down in a game this year but if he's out it's much more likely they let one of the expected starters next year get the play time.
3. You need to learn what coach speak in the spring is. 60% true and usually targeted motivation. He wants a young guy to step up.
4. Cj carr has been on campus for a few months. Minchey has barely any snaps. Shouldn't the 3rd year open enrollee with a huge snap count lead start the spring ahead? If he didn't he shouldn't be on the team.
All I know is Minchey has beautiful arm talent. I don't know how good a QB he is or not, but if he is, he's got the raw talent to be something. So he's my personal favorite, and Steve Angeli's just going to have to try to keep up....

So he’s basically Charlie Weis
Maybe? The two situations were drastically different. The 2004 ND team beat 9-3 Michigan and 10-3 Tennessee. They also finished 6-6 and 5-7 the prior two years There was plenty of talent in the roster’s upper classes and they were already on the cusp of being a 10-2 team.

Duke in 2021 was 3-9 with wins over an FCS team, 3-9 Northwestern and 2-10 Kansas. 2-9 in 2020 with wins over 1-10 Syracuse and 2-4 Charlotte.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT