ADVERTISEMENT

Riley Out Rest of Spring

Because of your STUPID COMMENTS

And they are in big black bold letters. You cant hide from your moronic comments
And you can’t hide from your ignorance and your lack of knowledge about football

Dak Prescott broke and dislocated his ankle and it was hanging the wrong way. He came back the next year and hasnt been hurt since.

Still runs and moves around

Common sense huh?
And you’re just stupid enough to believe that if one person gets good results that applies universally to everybody else, and that increased exposure to risk is irrelevant

You know nothing about football and even less about sports medicine

Reactions: NDinNJ
And they will continue to run and so will Leonard
The more he runs, the more the risk of injury increases

Have somebody with a brain explain that to you

ESpecially for someone with a previous foot/ankle injury

And you’re just stupid enough to believe that if one person gets good results that applies universally to everybody else, and that increased exposure to risk is irrelevant

Golson5 almost always points out the exception rather than the rule. He's the biggest fool on this forum.

Okay.... So when the season comes around and Riley Leonard ia running the football (because he will) then I want you to come on here say the Notre Dame coaching staff doesnt know anything about Football or sports medicine. And that you know more than MF and Denbrock

And if they decide not to run Leonard, I will come on here and say I dont know anything about football or sports medicine

Do we have a deal? That's more than fair

The more he runs, the more the risk of injury increases

Have somebody with a brain explain that to you

ESpecially for someone with a previous foot/ankle injury
Yep.

Thats why I said he will be asked to run more in the bigger games and less in the not as big games

I said that from the beginning and you daid I was wrong

So what is your solution? To have him not run the ball?

Come on big mouth. What is your brilliant solution

Because the staff is going to run him. Theres no doubt about that. So now we can say that Pat knows more than the staff

Reactions: BGI User 756
Golson5 almost always points out the exception rather than the rule. He's the biggest fool on this forum.
Ah you say that about everyone. No one cares about your football opinion except your boyfriend.

Who cares. Come up with something better. Maybe an actual football point. But you can't. Because you don't know football

So the rule is if a QB gets a lower body injury, when they come back they completely change their style of play and dont run the ball anymore?

Is that what you are going with here?

Ah you say that about everyone. No one cares about your football opinion except your boyfriend.

Who cares. Come up with something better. Maybe an actual football point. But you can't. Because you don't know football
I've forgotten more about Football than you'll ever know. You are clueless.

Yep.

Thats why I said he will be asked to run more in the bigger games and less in the not as big games

I said that from the beginning and you daid I was wrong

So what is your solution? To have him not run the ball?

Come on big mouth. What is your brilliant solution

Because the staff is going to run him. Theres no doubt about that. So now we can say that Pat knows more than the staff

You’re beyond obtuse !

There is no set solution at this point in time unless you’re a pretentious know it all

Fall practice will be more revealing in terms of how well the injury heeled and if that injury is prone to a recurrence.

First, you have to remember that this isn’t his first surgery, so obviously something went wrong after the first surgery. And we don’t know how well the injury will heal or if it will be prone to re-injury.

I’ve seen more than a few players suffer recurring injuries that limited their careers.
The first was a highly regarded running back named Red Mack.
More recently RG III comes to mind

If you have depth at the position you can afford to be more aggressive
Do we have depth of deposition? ? I don’t know the answer to that question.
If you don’t, do you increase the risk by running Riley more
Or do you have him run sparingly ?

From a macro perspective, if a significant lead is established, I’d give the backup QBs more playing time, earlier

This allows Riley to rest and it reduces the risk of reinjury while giving the backups more playing time, better preparing them in the event that Riley does go down permanently

You’re beyond obtuse !

There is no set solution at this point in time unless you’re a pretentious know it all

Fall practice will be more revealing in terms of how well the injury heeled and if that injury is prone to a recurrence.

First, you have to remember that this isn’t his first surgery, so obviously something went wrong after the first surgery. And we don’t know how well the injury will heal or if it will be prone to re-injury.

I’ve seen more than a few players suffer recurring injuries that limited their careers.
The first was a highly regarded running back named Red Mack.
More recently RG III comes to mind

If you have depth at the position you can afford to be more aggressive
Do we have depth of deposition? ? I don’t know the answer to that question.
If you don’t, do you increase the risk by running Riley more
Or do you have him run sparingly ?

From a macro perspective, if a significant lead is established, I’d give the backup QBs more playing time, earlier

This allows Riley to rest and it reduces the risk of reinjury while giving the backups more playing time, better preparing them in the event that Riley does go down permanently
Just a bunch of mumbo jumbo.

First you said they should avoid running him. Now you say to wait for fall practice.

Then you don't know what kind of depth we have. So you ask should they run him more or only sparingly.

A bunch of flip flopping hedging your answers.
You changed your tune some from the beginning and basically you don't have a clue

For all we know, he had some built up scar tissue from the first surgery that they wanted to clean out. All this back and forth and we have no info on the nature of the surgery and why they opted to go this route. And we won’t have a sense for his health until Fall. If he is fully recovered, I fully expect he’ll use his legs as a weapon, hopefully selectively. Selectively, not for fear of injury, but because he has a better pocket presence this season. If he’s not fully recovered but still cleared to play, he won’t be nearly as effective and could be seriously challenged for starting.

For all we know, he had some built up scar tissue from the first surgery that they wanted to clean out. All this back and forth and we have no info on the nature of the surgery and why they opted to go this route. And we won’t have a sense for his health until Fall. If he is fully recovered, I fully expect he’ll use his legs as a weapon, hopefully selectively. Selectively, not for fear of injury, but because he has a better pocket presence this season. If he’s not fully recovered but still cleared to play, he won’t be nearly as effective and could be seriously challenged for starting.
He won't be challenged. He will be the starter. Any talk about a competition is just that.

The bigger concern should be the fact that Notre Dame has brought in a rental 3 of the last 4 years, and I see them doing it again next year. As an 18 year old highly rated QB recruit, I would think twice about committing to ND if they keep going to the transfer portal. It would also question the staffs ability to actually develop QB's.

Just a bunch of mumbo jumbo.

First you said they should avoid running him. Now you say to wait for fall practice.

Then you don't know what kind of depth we have. So you ask should they run him more or only sparingly.

A bunch of flip flopping hedging your answers.
You changed your tune some from the beginning and basically you don't have a clue
You’re beyond obtuse

If you had a brain, you’d see that there’s been no contradiction in my position.

I’ve been consistent from the beginning in stating that his running should be limited.

You’re the one without a clue

No, that’s not the case, it wasn’t an issue of scar tissue buildup

There has been some contradiction in the procedure or procedures he underwent, from plate replacement to a tightrope fixation.

And at this point nobody knows how the ankle will hold up over the next five months and as of September 1st

Reactions: NDinNJ
The argument or suggestion that Leonard is "injury prone" is a false narrative, IMO. If you look at the play on which he injured his ankle in the game against ND, it isn't too hard to see why he suffered a bad ankle injury. His ankle got rolled up underneath him when Howard Cross brought him down from behind. (And while I am not a rules expert, it looked to me like Cross did a "hip-drop" tackle, which the NFL has now banned due to the high incidence of leg, ankle and knee injuries that it causes.) Leonard's recent surgery is because the ankle hasn't healed fully, not necessarily because he is injury prone. So to make an argument he is "injury prone" based upon a single injury that probably would have injured most players doesn't connect the dots for me.

I agree that it would be foolish to take away a big element of Riley Leonard's game for fear he will injure himself again because he injured his ankle in the game against ND. Injuries are a risk with any QB that runs. I tend to agree with Golson5 that the staff will be smart with those kinds of RPO plays, and I expect Leonard is smart enough that he won't needlessly put himself in harm's way.

Here is video of the play where Leonard was injured against ND, for anyone interested:

It was hardly a freak injury.
First of all, you are wrong. Leonard initially injured his ankle in September, then a few weeks a later re-injured his ankle vs ND. This has been an ongoing injury since September of 2023. Pat is correct in that certain ankle injuries can become very complicated and not heal properly. This could lead to constant issues. We all hope that's not the case, but the staff shouldn't rule the possibility out.

He won't be challenged. He will be the starter. Any talk about a competition is just that.

The bigger concern should be the fact that Notre Dame has brought in a rental 3 of the last 4 years, and I see them doing it again next year. As an 18 year old highly rated QB recruit, I would think twice about committing to ND if they keep going to the transfer portal. It would also question the staffs ability to actually develop QB's.
I disagree. If Riley is limited to being a pocket passer, then he’s not necessarily our best QB that gives us the best chance of winning. His strength is the threat of running, either by design or breaking out of the pocket, in combination with good passing. But it’s all moot until this Fall.

You’re beyond obtuse

If you had a brain, you’d see that there’s been no contradiction in my position.

I’ve been consistent from the beginning in stating that his running should be limited.

You’re the one without a clue
That's funny

There has been some contradiction in the procedure or procedures he underwent, from plate replacement to a tightrope fixation.

And at this point nobody knows how the ankle will hold up over the next five months and as of September 1st
And we dont know how Mitchell Evans' knee will hold up nor how Ben Morrisons shoulders nor if anyone will get injured from now til those games

It's football. A very physical game. Anyone can get hurt at any particular time

You play ball at 100% thats all you can do

Reactions: tbone3114
First of all, you are wrong. Leonard initially injured his ankle in September, then a few weeks a later re-injured his ankle vs ND. This has been an ongoing injury since September of 2023. Pat is correct in that certain ankle injuries can become very complicated and not heal properly. This could lead to constant issues. We all hope that's not the case, but the staff shouldn't rule the possibility out.
When in September did he hurt his ankle and how?

Thought I read that plate replacement was pure speculation. Haven’t seen anything resembling a reliable report, but you apparently have to be sure that this was more than just a clean out procedure. Wish you were wrong!

We wont be bringing in a transfer QB next year. At least not one to start.

He didn't get hurt agai st anyone else before notre dame. He got hurt against Notre Dame on sept 30th. The. He came back too soon.

Thought I read that plate replacement was pure speculation. Haven’t seen anything resembling a reliable report, but you apparently have to be sure that this was more than just a clean out procedure. Wish you were wrong!

Me too !

I disagree. If Riley is limited to being a pocket passer, then he’s not necessarily our best QB that gives us the best chance of winning. His strength is the threat of running, either by design or breaking out of the pocket, in combination with good passing. But it’s all moot until this Fall.
With ankle injuries, the more you run the more you risk re-injury

And we dont know how Mitchell Evans' knee will hold up nor how Ben Morrisons shoulders nor if anyone will get injured from now til those games

It's football. A very physical game. Anyone can get hurt at any particular time

You play ball at 100% thats all you can do
Evidently you don’t understand the nature of ankle injuries and the consequence of increased repetitive impact

With ankle injuries, the more you run the more you risk re-injury

I have had numerous orthopedic surgeries, but never even a sprained ankle, so my knowledge of ankle injuries is non existent. That said, doesn’t the nature of the injury and the nature of the surgery largely dictate the likelihood of re-injury?​

So the rule is if a QB gets a lower body injury, when they come back they completely change their style of play and dont run the ball anymore?

Is that what you are going with here?
Tua seems to play the same.

How? does freeman have a strong track record, he was left with a Porsche, Elko had to work with a pinto. you are even dumber than i thought you were.
MF was not left with a Porsche, especially in the QB room. Kelly left him Pyne, Buchner, Powlus and Angeli coming in

Reactions: Golson5
MF was not left with a Porsche, especially in the QB room. Kelly left him Pyne, Buchner, Powlus and Angeli coming in
Then evaluate and go to the portal for a QB, like Brian Kelly did in 2021.
That 2022 roster had zero business losing to Stanford and Marshall at home.

Let's just hope Minchey and Angeli don't transfer before the season starts. Because if Leonard goes down ND's season is done.
Looping back on this…what gives you cause that both Ken and Steve will transfer before Sept?

Ok then…you want to argue an item different from the thread. Feels like a WH presser (yes I brought a political joke into this..)

MF was not successful in doing such when Kelly quit the first week of Dec 2022. Can you name who was available at that time?

DJ? You didn’t like him. Who else?

NOW…since you answered me, where did I say that losing to Marshall and Stanford in 22 was okay?

We've had a lot of rosters that had zero business losing games

With you saying that we'd need to go to the portal proves the point that he wasn't left a porsche. If you were given a porsche you wouldn't need to add a transfer at the most important position

I have had numerous orthopedic surgeries, but never even a sprained ankle, so my knowledge of ankle injuries is non existent. That said, doesn’t the nature of the injury and the nature of the surgery largely dictate the likelihood of re-injury?​

They certainly have an influence, but in medicine so many outcomes are patient specific.

Medicine is an art based on science, it’s not a science

One of the things you learn in medicine Is that not every illness can be remediated to your satisfaction.

Just ask Steven Jobs

This logic is akin to saying the staff will tell Morrison not to tackle anymore because of his shoulder injury.
Look up the word “progression”

Then look up the word “rehabilitation”

Then look up the words “medical evaluation”

Hopefully you’ll figure it out by the third look up

They certainly have an influence, but in medicine so many outcomes are patient specific.

Medicine is an art based on science, it’s not a science

One of the things you learn in medicine Is that not every illness can be remediated to your satisfaction.

Just ask Steven Jobs

This suggests we don’t know whether or to what extent Riley’s surgery and recovery will impact his play next season. I agree.​

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT