Freeman had much more experience prior to even becoming the DC at ND

1 year GA for OSU
2 years LB coach for Kent State
3 years LB coach for Purdue
1 year co-DC and LB coach for Purdue
4 years DC for Cincinnati
1 year DC for ND

More stops and more years.
NO head coaching experience which should almost be a prerequisite for hiring a head coach.

Faust, Davie, and Weiss should have taught ND a lesson.

NO head coaching experience which should almost be a prerequisite for hiring a head coach.

Bob Stoops, Dabo Swinney, Kirby Smart, Jimbo Fisher, Ryan Day, Lincoln Riley

I don't disagree, the same should apply to OC and DC as well.

Bob Stoops, Dabo Swinney, Kirby Smart, Jimbo Fisher, Ryan Day, Lincoln Riley
That list is inaccurate and those are all programs that are easier to resurrect due to the disparity in academic standards versus ND.

Now list the failures !

I don't disagree, the same should apply to OC and DC as well.
I agree with that.

For those jobs I’m not a believer in learning on the job, I want someone with prior experience at the position.

I want the Chief of Surgery operating on me, Golson5 would opt for a resident !

Reactions: NDinNJ
That list is inaccurate and those are all programs that are easier to resurrect due to the disparity in academic standards versus ND.

Now list the failures !
Nonsense. Clemson had nothing going for them. MF doesn't have to resurrect a program nor would any coach that came into this position have to. Just trying to take it to the next level

Knute Rockne, Joe Paterno, Tom Osborne, Barry Switzer

Reactions: tbonesays
Nonsense. Clemson had nothing going for them. MF doesn't have to resurrect a program nor would any coach that came into this position have to. Just trying to take it to the next level

Knute Rockne, Joe Paterno, Tom Osborne, Barry Switzer
So in 108 years, dating back to 2014, with thousands upon thousands of coaches, you can only list less than a dozen.

I rest my case

So in 108 years, dating back to 2014, with thousands upon thousands of coaches, you can only list less than a dozen.

I rest my case
I was just listing some of the greats. There are plenty more successful head coaches. Proving you wrong once again

I was just listing some of the greats. There are plenty more successful head coaches. Proving you wrong once again
Then you shouldn’t have any problem naming assistant coaches who were successful in their FIRST stint as a head coach.

Amongst thousands of coaches I await your list

Then you shouldn’t have any problem naming assistant coaches in their FIRST stint as a head coach.

Amongst thousands of coaches I await your list
There's not thousands of successful head coaches so your number is wrong to begin with

Don't forget about Luke Fickell. Just a quick one

There's not thousands of successful head coaches so your number is wrong to begin with

Don't forget about Luke Fickell. Just a quick one
I didn’t say that there were thousands and thousands of ”successful” coaches, I said that there were thousands and thousands of coaches from 1914 to current date.

Learn how to read !

I didn’t say that there were thousands and thousands of ”successful” coaches, I said that there were thousands and thousands of coaches from 1914 to current date.

Learn how to read !
And you want me to list the first time head coaches that were SUCCESSFUL

You said amongst thousands of coaches.... there isn't thousands of successful ones

Or was your point to list any first year coach, that would be stupid

So Learn how to read !

But you can add Lloyd Carr to the list as well

And you want me to list the first time head coaches that were SUCCESSFUL

You said amongst thousands of coaches.... there isn't thousands of successful ones

Or was your point to list any first year coach, that would be stupid

So Learn how to read !

But you can add Lloyd Carr to the list as well
I never said that there were thousands of “successful” coaches.
Your inability to read caused you to draw that erroneous conclusion.

I asked you to list, from amongst the thousands and thousands of coaches from 1914 to current date, those head coaches who were assistant coaches who became successful head coach’s at their first stint as a head coach..

Their ranks are minimal compared with the number of assistant coaches who failed at their first stint as a head coach.

One last question, do you work at being uninformed and dumb or does it just come naturally to you ?

I never said that there were thousands of “successful” coaches.
Your inability to read caused you to draw that erroneous conclusion.

I asked you to list, from amongst the thousands and thousands of coaches from 1914 to current date, those head coaches who were assistant coaches who became successful head coach’s at their first stint as a head coach..

Their ranks are minimal compared with the number of assistant coaches who failed at their first stint as a head coach.

One last question, do you work at being uninformed and dumb or does it just come naturally to you ?
I gave you many top coaches who were extremely successful head coaches in their first stint as head coach

You're welcome

Add chip Kelly to the list. And Mike Gundy

I gave you many top coaches who were extremely successful head coaches in their first stint as head coach

You're welcome

Add chip Kelly to the list. And Mike Gundy
You gave me a small number of coaches who made the transition while leaving out the thousands who failed.

Next you’ll tell us that you always bet 100 to 1 and 1,000 to 1 odds.

Last edited:
You gave me a small number of coaches who made the transition while leaving out the thousands who failed.

Next you’ll tell us that you always bet 100 to 1 and 1,00 to 1 odds.
List the thousands. Then we can talk

Prove it!

I agree with that.

For those jobs I’m not a believer in learning on the job, I want someone with prior experience at the position.

I want the Chief of Surgery operating on me, Golson5 would opt for a resident !
I agree. My father needed a hip replacement, took him to HSS. Mom needs a knee replacement, taking her to HSS. #1 orthopedic hospital in the country.

I agree. My father needed a hip replacement, took him to HSS. Mom needs a knee replacement, taking her to HSS. #1 orthopedic hospital in the country.
Head coaching experience is overrated.

If you can coach, you can coach

Head coaching experience is overrated.

If you can coach, you can coach
Really ?

And how do you know whether or not an assistant coach will make a successful head coach ?

Really ?

And how do you know whether or not an assistant coach will make a successful head coach ?
That's why Athletic Directors get paid a lot of money.

There's obvious traits you can look for. And it's worked a lot.

That's why Athletic Directors get paid a lot of money.

There's obvious traits you can look for. And it's worked a lot.
If that process is so easy as you imply, why do so many assistant coaches fail as head coaches.

If that process is so easy as you imply, why do so many assistant coaches fail as head coaches.
Why do so many experienced head coaches fail?

Every coach started as an assistant coach, succesful or unsuccessful.

Now list the failures !
Thanks for the narrative. Go drink another beer.

Coaching well on your side of the ball (OC, DC)

Coaching your position group well

Leadership

Recruiting
By those standards, Charlie Weis who won four Super Bowl games should have been one of ND’s most successful coaches.

Ditto Bob Davie.

What qualifies you to identify the qualities necessary to become a head coach ?

Have you been retained as a consultant or a head hunter for head coaches

I complained about him when BK hired him as OC. 1 year as GA for Northwestern
1 year as offensive assistant for the Chargers
3 years QB coach for ND
3 years as OC for ND

Terrible hire.
Terrible poster.🤣

• Haha
By those standards, Charlie Weis who won four Super Bowl games should have been one of ND’s most successful coaches.

Ditto Bob Davie.

What qualifies you to identify the qualities necessary to become a head coach ?

Have you been retained as a consultant or a head hunter for head coaches
Why?

Did he ever recruit in New England?

How was his leadership skills?

Wrong again Patty

Name them. Prove it
Let’s start with Bob Davie, Lou Holtz’s personal pick.

Now Lou had an exponentially better understanding of every aspect of football than you and he got it wrong !

So tell us again how easy that process is !

You really are a know nothing putz!

Coaching well on your side of the ball (OC, DC)

Coaching your position group well

Leadership

Recruiting
Tell us, how would an Athletic Director who is trying to hire a new head coach be able to evaluate the categories you listed Above. ?

What data and information would the AD have at his disposal for each of those categories ?

Better to remain silent and have people think that you’re a fool, rather than to type what you type and prove that you‘re a fool.

It’s okay to a$mit that you really don’t know.

We’re all ignorant …….just on different subjects.

Surgeon experience doesn’t always mean great outcome. There are dozens of other factors. HSS #1 ortho based on what?

I hope that your parents are doing great.

Let’s start with Bob Davie, Lou Holtz’s personal pick.

Now Lou had an exponentially better understanding of every aspect of football than you and he got it wrong !

So tell us again how easy that process is !

You really are a know nothing putz!
That's 1.... you have a thousand more to go

I'm waiting. Prove your point you fraud

Tell us, how would an Athletic Director who is trying to hire a new head coach be able to evaluate the categories you listed Above. ?

What data and information would the AD have at his disposal for each of those categories ?

Better to remain silent and have people think that you’re a fool, rather than to type what you type and prove that you‘re a fool.

It’s okay to a$mit that you really don’t know.

We’re all ignorant …….just on different subjects.
Moron

Surgeon experience doesn’t always mean great outcome. There are dozens of other factors. HSS #1 ortho based on what?

I hope that your parents are doing great.
Anytime you have a surgical procedure there is no guarantee that the outcome will be favorable.

Medicine is an art based on science, but it’s not a science.

Patients having minor surgery have died on the operating table, so there’s plenty of risk involved in every surgical procedure under anesthesia.

Spinal surgery is particularly challenging.

HSS # 1 ?
Based upon statistical data.

Certain hospitals are specialized and are at the cutting edge, they’re teaching hospitals and get government grants. Hospitals like M.D. Anderson and Memorial Sloan Kettering only deal with cancer, they don’t deliver babies, do bypasses or fix broken bones, they only specialize in cancer.

HSS only specializes in Orthopedics and it’s the premier hospital for Orthopedics.

NDINNJ’s parents chose HSS for a reason.

Because we place our life and limbs in the hands of our physicians, almost every patient imherently feels that their physician and their hospital is the best, it’s an innate defense mechanism and it’s completely understandable.

it’s my limited experience that very ill foreign patients don’t fly in from all over the world to be treated at some local hospital in the suburbs.

They fly into Houston, New york City, Los Angeles and other cities with a hospital that specializes in their particular medical issue.

HSS is one of those destinations.

Your best bet is to try to stay healthy and avoid the need to be hospitalized

Goid health is a blessing !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT