ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Crashing

He'll be lucky to get to 8 wins. Most likely 7

Fsu game was a disaster
Not really, the punt returner for LSU lost that game with 2 fumbles that FSU recovered deep in LSU territory resulting in FSU scores.

Let’s not forget that Kelly inherited his personnel.

I believe that Kelly’s rigidity will be his biggest obstacle to winning critical games.

if that’s the logic, it would just leave you and me!😏

Struck a nerve, huh? You’re right, Kelly did walk out on the team. Inexcusable. Especially after 12 seasons. That said, he is all about self-preservation. He knew that he couldn’t get the players to win it all. With the NIL and transfer portal growing and ND’s unwillingness to adapt to the new environment, he saw he was at a decisive disadvantage against the elite programs. LSU was more than willing to pay the man. Like him or not, he’s a damn good coach. A lot remains to be seen but his objective is to win it all and now he’s at a place that supports him in that endeavor.
"He knew that he couldn’t get the players to win it all. With the NIL and transfer portal growing and ND’s unwillingness to adapt to the new environment, he saw he was at a decisive disadvantage against the elite programs."

Then OPPORTUNITY KNOCKED.

From both a football and personal career perspective, only a FOOL or KOOL AID JUICER wouldn't have acted likewise. This isn't a Hollywood movie.

Reactions: adrian1477
if that’s the logic, it would just leave you and me!😏
On some days, maybe.

But I see plenty of objective posters doing a good job refraining from personally attacking those who hold different views.

Civility still matters.

Not really, the punt returner for LSU lost that game with 2 fumbles that FSU recovered deep in LSU territory resulting in FSU scores.

Let’s not forget that Kelly inherited his personnel.

I believe that Kelly’s rigidity will be his biggest obstacle to winning critical games.
KeLSU was very fortunate even to take it to OT. IIRC they had a second put back on the clock.

otherwise Kelly will always be Kelly, like John Wayne on acting; JUST SAY YOUR LINES.

Wiltfong doesn't like the way Love and Bowen are trending with ND. Sounds like we likely won't get either one.

This recruiting class went from great to standard rather quickly.

Wiltfong doesn't like the way Love and Bowen are trending with ND. Sounds like we likely won't get either one.

This recruiting class went from great to standard rather quickly.
The staff is throwing out offers to potential RB backfills so that definitely has some teeth, i haven't seen or heard any backfills for Bowen. I agree bowen probably not even committed and his visit is to see if we can get him back. Staff either likes what we have at safety (Probably moving sophmore corners to safety) or can't find anyone interested in ND as plan B.

The staff is throwing out offers to potential RB backfills so that definitely has some teeth, i haven't seen or heard any backfills for Bowen. I agree bowen probably not even committed and his visit is to see if we can get him back. Staff either likes what we have at safety (Probably moving sophmore corners to safety) or can't find anyone interested in ND as plan B.
The backfills aren’t even ranked as any stars lmaooooo. Sick recruiting by MF and co. We’re so lucky to have him

Rule 1: Never recruit any kid in the future that has ATM in their top 2-3 choices unless they live in Texas.

The backfills aren’t even ranked as any stars lmaooooo. Sick recruiting by MF and co. We’re so lucky to have him
we will still have a good class but a ton of learnings this year with freeman and company on and off the field. That marshall loss is one that's hard to recover from.

Losing your top 3 recruits and not landing the next best you significantly led for is a really tough blow, one I haven't seen. Also, not landing a really good QB is criminal. Rees hasn't landed or developed one QB that has played well for ND in college and he's been QB coach for 5-6 years now.

we will still have a good class but a ton of learnings this year with freeman and company on and off the field. That marshall loss is one that's hard to recover from.

Losing your top 3 recruits and not landing the next best you significantly led for is a really tough blow, one I haven't seen. Also, not landing a really good QB is criminal. Rees hasn't landed or developed one QB that has played well for ND in college and he's been QB coach for 5-6 years now.
Rees needs to be fired. If he’s such a good coach, let someone else hire him. I’m done with his crap.

Rees needs to be fired. If he’s such a good coach, let someone else hire him. I’m done with his crap.
If he gets CJ to reclassify and we see big improvement on the offensive side of the ball, I think Rees should stick for another year. I am as skeptical as anyone about him, however. I complained about him before the season started and was called all kinds of names for it.

If he gets CJ to reclassify and we see big improvement on the offensive side of the ball, I think Rees should stick for another year. I am as skeptical as anyone about him, however. I complained about him before the season started and was called all kinds of names for it.
I've been complaining about him since 2011. Hoped he would make up for it as a coach, not yet.

I feel like rees over complicates the offense instead of letting athletes be athletes. There was so much pre snap window dressing vs ohio state and marshall that the team wasn't focused on making the darn simple play. We shouldn't be spending as much time as needed in practice to ensure the team knows how to do 10 motions pre snap to determine man vs zone and identify mike and allow rees to quickly change the play.

Reactions: Kontiki09
not shocking but MPemba out. Vyper position not looking so hot for the next few years. Gobaira better be a stud.

I complained about him when BK hired him as OC. 1 year as GA for Northwestern
1 year as offensive assistant for the Chargers
3 years QB coach for ND
3 years as OC for ND

Terrible hire.

We should get CJ to reclassify and then try and get Isaac Wilson (Zack Wilson’s little brother) for ‘24.

I complained about him when BK hired him as OC. 1 year as GA for Northwestern
1 year as offensive assistant for the Chargers
3 years QB coach for ND
3 years as OC for ND

Terrible hire.
Aren’t those items similar to the reasons why so many complained about the Freeman hire ?

4th and 8 from your own 35 and you call a fake punt.
make the 1st down and you’re a genius fail to make it and you’re a horrible coach.
Execution can make or break a coach.

P.S. Player Talent always helps ! 😜

Gameday giving props to BK today for going to LSU where “he recruit dudes that he couldn’t at the other places he was at.” Was a nice dig at ND.

Freeman was watching Bowen yesterday. Rees in Michigan watching CJ. We cannot fault the coaches for recruiting anymore. This is a ND in the NIL era failure. ND is choosing to get left behind.

HOW has HE failed ?

WHAT are his errors and what are the errors of the players’ who are on the field ?
He’s responsible for one of the worst offenses in the country and the offense is why we lost 2 games and almost lost a 3rd

Did the offense look good vs UNC because it’s the worst D in the country or did Rees and offense take a step forward

Reactions: IrishBeer
He’s responsible for one of the worst offenses in the country and the offense is why we lost 2 games and almost lost a 3rd

Did the offense look good vs UNC because it’s the worst D in the country or did Rees and offense take a step forward
As a former kicker for the Miami Dolphins, I agree with all of this.

Aren’t those items similar to the reasons why so many complained about the Freeman hire ?

4th and 8 from your own 35 and you call a fake punt.
make the 1st down and you’re a genius fail to make it and you’re a horrible coach.
Execution can make or break a coach.

P.S. Player Talent always helps ! 😜
BIG DIFFERENCE!
Freeman had much more experience prior to even becoming the DC at ND

1 year GA for OSU
2 years LB coach for Kent State
3 years LB coach for Purdue
1 year co-DC and LB coach for Purdue
4 years DC for Cincinnati
1 year DC for ND

More stops and more years.

Oklahoma looks like trash. If they fall apart, has to help with Peyton Bowen
I think GF is the trump card. Proximity and Jackson Arnold doesn’t help. Hope so but I don’t see this one ending well for us considering he’s so chummy with everyone at OU. It seems mom is the major reason he’s not decommitted yet. Moms are a big factor, but at the end of the day if the kids hearts not at ND, he’ll be gone in a year regardless. Little does he know that high school girls friends are not the only fish in the sea. If it’s meant to be, let distance determine how solid the relationship is. I’d take an education and early PT any day, but whatev.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT