ADVERTISEMENT

QB Situation

First off...ian book had a mediocre at best arm. He could push the ball down field with a clean pocket, a full wind up and push (what he did in the video)...almost any college QB can do that. That is as much a function of technique stepping through the delivery vs arm strength or velocity.

Buchner REGULARLY threw balls like that in high school...however he changed his motion and it is not clear what his deep ball strength is...it is ABUNDANTLY clear through practice reports that he has a very strong arm in the short and intermediate game... The velocity and spiral of his balls are very strong.

I have ZERO concern about Buchner being able to do what book did in that clip. The question that is out there is what's his deep ball range with a normal delivery and I don't think that is know right now
Book’s arm was so weak that he was drafted by the NFL and made the Saints roster !

If we don’t get Moore we are not winning a title. Period. Get him and our odds jump a lot considering 2023 class and 2024 class will look similar. Quarterback is the most important position in all of college athletics. No Moore, we push good quarterbacking out at least 1-2 more years for the Freeman era. Great teams score points today. Great defense is something we are used to.

• Haha
Reactions: Golson5
If we don’t get Moore we are not winning a title. Period. Get him and our odds jump a lot considering 2023 class and 2024 class will look similar. Quarterback is the most important position in all of college athletics. No Moore, we push good quarterbacking out at least 1-2 more years for the Freeman era. Great teams score points today. Great defense is something we are used to.
Lol this chick

What was Rees’s role when Jurkovec transferred? I met some people connected to Phil but they wouldn’t speak of it. Just said it was bs. Sounds like there was some bs towards Phil. Possibly a 1st round draft pick run off campus? Had nothing to do with playing time I heard on a podcast too.

Book’s arm was so weak that he was drafted by the NFL and made the Saints roster !
Chad Pennington couldn't throw more than 35 yards but was very accurate and made a very good career for himself. Being able to throw 60 yards isn't an indicator of NFL success...

Buchner has not shown the ability to drive the ball deep. Nobody knows if he can.
He hasn't shown he cannot either. Again I have zero doubt he can push the ball down the field as well as book did.

If Freeman beats Ohio State he will be their head coach within the next 3 years.

Does anyone with an ounce of credibility know which of the 3 quarterbacks (Angeli, Buchner, Pyne) has the biggest/strongest arm? I am assuming it's...

3. Pyne

You are a clown
You cannot believe that they wouldn't want him. Get real. You just made the argument that money talks. No matter how much he loves ND, Ohio State is his alma matter. He will always love Ohio State deeper down in his gut.

You cannot believe that they wouldn't want him. Get real. You just made the argument that money talks. No matter how much he loves ND, Ohio State is his alma matter. He will always love Ohio State deeper down in his gut.
I dont agree. And it only talks for some people. MF is a religious family man. I think he gets Notre Dame unlike any coach since Holtz. He loves this place and I don't see him leaving anytime soon. And if MF is so good of a HC that OSU wants to pay him, we will pay him

I dont agree. And it only talks for some people. MF is a religious family man. I think he gets Notre Dame unlike any coach since Holtz. He loves this place and I don't see him leaving anytime soon. And if MF is so good of a HC that OSU wants to pay him, we will pay him
BK took us to the playoffs twice. Jack said don't let the door hit you. LSU is just as good of a program as Ohio State and they easily out paid ND. As much as we all hate BK, Jack and ND did not want to lose him. ND could out pay both LSU and Ohio State all day, but they don't choose to. Now, I am not unhappy that BK left. Don't get me wrong. I think we needed to part ways. BK was getting old. But that's not the point. The point is ND set a precedent that they are a place not willing to put up the cash to keep people they want.

BK took us to the playoffs twice. Jack said don't let the door hit you. LSU is just as good of a program as Ohio State and they easily out paid ND. As much as we all hate BK, Jack and ND did not want to lose him. ND could out pay both LSU and Ohio State all day, but they don't choose to. Now, I am not unhappy that BK left. Don't get me wrong. I think we needed to part ways. BK was getting old. But that's not the point. The point is ND set a precedent that they are a place not willing to put up the cash to keep people they want.
They wanted him but didn't really want him. They didnt need him. If MF takes us to new heights that BK couldn't reach, we'd pay up

Reactions: BGI User 756
"they are a place not willing to put up the cash to keep people they want"? That makes no sense. They pay for what they want....not for what they don't want.

You’re wrong, Kelly said the same thing, it wasn’t about the money !
Okie dokie. You are believing Kelly? With all the fake behaviors he had when going to LSU?

believe me, he wanted more money and a guarantee for 5 more years. He only got the LSU offer after 3 others turned it down

"they are a place not willing to put up the cash to keep people they want"? That makes no sense. They pay for what they want....not for what they don't want.
Look, I don't like Kelly either, but there is 0 chance ND wanted Marcus Freeman more than Brian Kelly. If they did they would've fired BK and hired MF. To say otherwise is denial.

Kelly's contract went through 2024. Notre Dame would have done everything necessary to ink an extension well before Kelly bolted if it served ND's best interests....but, both sides knew that no extension was coming...he would have simply lingered as a lame duck until he finished his final, 15th season, if ND were forced to keep him around because he wins 9 or 10 games a year. He traded 2 years for 10 years...and did ND a favor because recruiting was preserved, in spite of Kelly. Lets not forget that Kelly had a roving eye years before LSU came around...and ND forgave him even on the cusp of a title game against Bama. Burning that goodwill coupon should have triggered a coaching search....jmo.

Did Kelly even give ND an opportunity to counter the LSU offer? I thought not.

Look, I don't like Kelly either, but there is 0 chance ND wanted Marcus Freeman more than Brian Kelly. If they did they would've fired BK and hired MF. To say otherwise is denial.
At the time, I agree with you. If you asked JS right now who he'd rather have, I'd be willing to bet a good amount of money he'd say MF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT