ADVERTISEMENT

Really thought....

Fifthhorseman25

Posts Like A Champion
Sep 2, 2003
even after the OSU loss, that ND could contend for a NC this year. I believed all the hype about the talent that was coming in and with Hartman at QB, I really thought we could do it. Or at least get into the playoffs and be respectable.

But reality has once again set in. ND is NO WHERE close to being with the elite of college football. I am not sure if I will see ND reach that level in football. I will still keep cheering and hoping but knowing in the back of my mind it is not going to happen.

Call me a fake fan, tell me to find another school to pull for etc......that is your right. But I am accepting reality.

even after the OSU loss, that ND could contend for a NC this year. I believed all the hype about the talent that was coming in and with Hartman at QB, I really thought we could do it. Or at least get into the playoffs and be respectable.

But reality has once again set in. ND is NO WHERE close to being with the elite of college football. I am not sure if I will see ND reach that level in football. I will still keep cheering and hoping but knowing in the back of my mind it is not going to happen.

Call me a fake fan, tell me to find another school to pull for etc......that is your right. But I am accepting reality.
The Kool Aid was green piss water!

No this is the pattern. 2017. 2015 2019 play scrappy in a loss at home vs an elite team. Lose on the road in an uninspiring way to a good team

I think the reality is Notre Dame was 8–4 last year. With two bad losses. You added a damn good quarterback but that doesn’t take you from 8–4 to national title contender. Tough to catch Louisville at night on the road. But my team lost 13-10 to Louisville last week and we really had to try to lose. Throwing several interceptions in the end zone. And ND beat us handily. I really thought you guys would handle Louisville. I still don’t think your linebackers can play sideline to sideline. Only north and south.

Blame Hartman all you want but 44 rush yards against Louisville at 1.9 a carry is really bad. We rushed for 89 at 3.0 per carry on them and our run blocking is absolutely pathetic. Yes home versus away matters and you can’t compare college football games week to week. But the point is I’m surprised the way the Irish played tonight. I thought they were better too. In fairness to your coach I don’t think he inherited a national championship contender type team. But he inherited more than enough to win tonight that’s for sure.

It is perplexing that Notre Dame was this flat after playing the Buckeyes to the brink in a heartbreaker then coming back to beat a really good Duke team on the road. All great teams have hiccup games but they don’t lose in that fashion or they pull it out. Being a monitor of this board I see a lot of complaints but I don’t see that many about your OL coach. Your line should never rush for 1.9 against Louisville - new guards or not.

Disappointing night because Freeman seems like a great person and players coach. Continue to root for him.

Last edited:
It’s hard to win 3 weeks in a row against solid teams. The real crime was 10 on the field vs Ohio. But this was bad too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT