ADVERTISEMENT

ND vs Clemson Game thread

Oh, and Parker stinks. He is so obvious in his play calling. If he keeps Staes in, it’s a run, if Staes is out it’s a pass. First and goal at the three and I knew each of the first two plays it was Estime by the formation, so you know Clemson knew.
Good pickup. I’ll have to watch for that. ND doesn’t run much from 0 TE formations the last two years from what I recall unless maybe its a draw. They need to mix in more runs.

Rutgers hanging with Ohio State.

OL can’t get push. Estime got stuffed on 2 red zone plays and he’s as good a power back as it gets.

ND isn’t there by a long shot yet. Including coaching staff. We’re now looking at top 25. This is the last competitive game.
Interior dline of Clemson is elite. Like top 5 in the country.

ND interior Oline is weakest part of the offense.

I don't know wtf we are doing continuing to run at the middle of the defense.

Stretches, tosses, sweeps anything other than duo is there for them

Reactions: banmate6
OL can’t get push. Estime got stuffed on 2 red zone plays and he’s as good a power back as it gets.

ND isn’t there by a long shot yet. Including coaching staff. We’re now looking at top 25. This is the last competitive game.
WE have 128 rushing yards

Reactions: FightingIrish44
Interior dline of Clemson is elite. Like top 5 in the country.

ND interior Oline is weakest part of the offense.

I don't know wtf we are doing continuing to run at the middle of the defense.

Stretches, tosses, sweeps anything other than duo is there for them

I totally agree.

At least they are delivering good shots on the receivers. I've already seen a couple of nice body shots

Now when it counts. Again: those 2 Estime runs in the red zone speaks loudly. Statistics have context.
Bull. You can't run on an 11 man box. Other than that the OL run blocking has been really good. They could be better but are not the problem

We have a wr and qb problem

I believe ND can win if they don’t give up a TD here. Take away pick six and muff. And this is probably a 17-9 type game. Maybe 12-14 for ND

This is the exact same team as 2022. Except Evans the 2023 Mayer is out today. Hence the offense is now gone from pedestrian to handicapped without him.

Bull. You can't run on an 11 man box. Other than that the OL run blocking has been really good. They could be better but are not the problem

We have a wr and qb problem
Agreed. Look at the top teams of the past few years. They don’t score every time they run it inside the 5. The difference is they have QBs and WRs capable of making big time plays.

Clean son no turnovers and no penalties that is not Clemson like. ND pick 6 and Tyree lost fumble four another score. Klubnik kid looks like Joe Montana. Irish will need a turnover

Reactions: HRC08
Players gotta play cleaner too. It’s not always on the coaches. We’ve seen terrible run fits, missed tackles, a dropped INT in our End Zone, a muffed Punt and a walk in Pick 6.

Reactions: banmate6
I also feel like Hartman needs to get a deeper drop. I don’ t know if it’s a slow mesh habit but I feel like he’s too close to the LOS in his set ups

I also feel like Hartman needs to get a deeper drop. I don’ t know if it’s a slow mesh habit but I feel like he’s too close to the LOS in his set ups
He is. And he's throwing off his back foot a lot

Correct. A simple step back can make a world of difference. Especially if it's not going to be a quick throw play.

Good coverage Morrison!? You can’t be serious that was a mauling. A gift we gladly take but a gift nonetheless

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT