ADVERTISEMENT

N.C. State Game Thread

what a buzz kill .. with the weather delay ..

i guess it's colorado nebraska in the mean time

gotta say, notre dame is playing an FBS team for the first time (albeit a really mediocre one), and the problems that i thought would be there with the offense coming into the year are starting to rear their ugly head
OOPS

gotta say....45 points says otherwise

Towards the end of the first half i said it was disappointing that there wasn't more separation between the teams. NC state is a mid team with a terrible offense. At the time it was a 3 point game with 45 seconds left in the first half. I also said i was hoping the defense would have made more plays to put the offense in a better position to succeed as the defense is by far the best part of our team.

ND ended up making plays on defense and putting the offense in a position to score points in the 2nd half and ended up pulling away. Awesome!

Read my posts and stop putting words in my mouth. That goes for the large majority of the forum.
actually you posted as if the half was complete, then the offense went the distance in 3 plays....lol

nice rewrite Joe

Reactions: DublinND
Not really. ND’s been a top 10 program the past 15 seasons and with the exception of Bama, Clemson, OSU and now Georgia, they’ve been able to compete against anybody. Your commentary is that ND can’t compete but you never mention the other 100+ schools that haven’t been perennial Top 10 programs over the past 15 years you brought up.

ND is a blue blood. They are judged relative to their competition which is the other massively wealthy blue bloods that sell out their games, dominate TV ratings, have the highest ticket prices, have dominated the 125+ year history of college football (along with the newer money/modern powers who get sprinkled in). When you rate ND relative to their peers, theyve been mediocre at best, downright bad at worst.

Nobody cares that The Ultimate Warrior went 75-0 vs the chumps that they bring in for the WWF superstars to beat up on in lead up to the Main PPV events...people only care what The Ultimate Warriors record is vs the other stars in the WWF during the biggest matches when the biggest belts are on the line. And in that regard ND simply hasn't been getting the job done, and not for a way too long time.

But what is worse than their failure to get it done is that instead of their failure coming packaged with a fan-satisfying promise to their supporters-- who make them one of the richest brands in the sport-- they make no promises to increase the quality of the product, and they instead try to deflect, obfuscate, and control the narrative instead.

ND has all the advantages in the world from a raw resources, material, prestige, notoriety, brand, academics, standpoint. There's ZERO reason (other than sheer incompetence) to fail at winning the biggest games on the biggest stages over MULTIPLE decades now. Every time they fail they are taking a hatchet to the legacy of all of the historically great football men that built this place up over its multi-century legacy.

Notre Dame is known for its dominance in football and its college football legacy in american culture FIRST, and as an excellent academic private institution SECOND. THESE ARE FACTS.

A lot of people seem to be content with the mediocrity and seem to be trying way harder to find a justification for the mediocrity than to be actually calling out the mediocrity for what it is. I'm done with that even if I piss off half of the forum and become the most polarizing and disliked member of this site in the process.

Get the #()*&#() job done already ND. Dip into that endless pile of #*(&#*() cash, stop #*(&%#*( crying about players getting paid, start #*(&%*#(%&# investing in the football product and bring in the talent required to bring a natty back to ND. No more spin, no more PR, spend that money and put a product on the field worthy of Notre Dame Football again. And if you can't get the #*(%&#) job done, get the #*()&%*(# out of the way and let someone else get it done instead.

Last edited:
Lol I see Chase my Balls is at it again! I like Parker as a OC. He figured out the mismatches and put the offense in the position to score. Bad weather game. Tough environment. Defense is balling. Ohio st game will tell the tale on where the Irish are. Duke game could be a trap game. Enjoy every Saturday boys and girls. Looks like a fun team to watch!

ND is a blue blood. They are judged relative to their competition which is the other massively wealthy blue bloods that sell out their games, dominate TV ratings, have the highest ticket prices, have dominated the 125+ year history of college football (along with the newer money/modern powers who get sprinkled in). When you rate ND relative to their peers, theyve been mediocre at best, downright bad at worst.

Nobody cares that The Ultimate Warrior went 75-0 vs the chumps that they bring in for the WWF superstars to beat up on in lead up to the Main PPV events...people only care what The Ultimate Warriors record is vs the other stars in the WWF during the biggest matches when the biggest belts are on the line. And in that regard ND simply hasn't been getting the job done, and not for a way too long time.

But what is worse than their failure to get it done is that instead of their failure coming packaged with a fan-satisfying promise to their supporters-- who make them one of the richest brands in the sport-- they make no promises to increase the quality of the product, and they instead try to deflect, obfuscate, and control the narrative instead.

ND has all the advantages in the world from a raw resources, material, prestige, notoriety, brand, academics, standpoint. There's ZERO reason (other than sheer incompetence) to fail at winning the biggest games on the biggest stages over MULTIPLE decades now. Every time they fail they are taking a hatchet to the legacy of all of the historically great football men that built this place up over its multi-century legacy.

Notre Dame is known for its dominance in football and its college football legacy in american culture FIRST, and as an excellent academic private institution SECOND. THESE ARE FACTS.

A lot of people seem to be content with the mediocrity and seem to be trying way harder to find a justification for the mediocrity than to be actually calling out the mediocrity for what it is. I'm done with that even if I piss off half of the forum and become the most polarizing and disliked member of this site in the process.

Get the #()*&#() job done already ND. Dip into that endless pile of #*(&#*() cash, stop #*(&%#*( crying about players getting paid, start #*(&%*#(%&# investing in the football product and bring in the talent required to bring a natty back to ND. No more spin, no more PR, spend that money and put a product on the field worthy of Notre Dame Football again. And if you can't get the #*(%&#) job done, get the #*()&%*(# out of the way and let someone else get it done instead.
Dude the ND defense has given up just 3 tds in 3 games . No matter the competition in first 2 games that's excellent in any reasonable person s opinion. Today they really only gave up 1 legit td. One of NCST tds was gifted by poor officiating imo with 3 major penalties called on ND on one drive. 2 at least of the calls were suspect imo. The last TD came in last 5 minutes of game with ND winning 45-17 and back us up s playing. ND D has been consistently excellent so far this season. Find something else to bitch about....

On track to the NC. This is in fact the year. Avoiding key injury is the key. The long awaited NC.

Dude the ND defense has given up just 3 tds in 3 games . No matter the competition in first 2 games that's excellent in any reasonable person s opinion. Today they really only gave up 1 legit td. One of NCST tds was gifted by poor officiating imo with 3 major penalties called on ND on one drive. 2 at least of the calls were suspect imo. The last TD came in last 5 minutes of game with ND winning 45-17 and back us up s playing. ND D has been consistently excellent so far this season. Find something else to bitch about....
Great perspective and if Ramon wraps and tackles that receiver (Clemson transfer) on the 6 instead of bumping him with his shoulder they may not get in at all. Also surprised there was no replay on Armstrongs running TD he may have been down. Our d contained a running QB and shut down their running game while the game was still hanging in the balance for 3 quarters.

I'm speaking more to the last 20 years than the last 3 weeks. And our opponents have been really bad.

I'm speaking more to the last 20 years than the last 3 weeks. And our opponents have been really bad.
Wut???
Hello it's 2023....
20 yrs ago is totally irrelevant
Talk about reaching...
Last 10 yrs ND has consistently been pretty darn good.
Generally a top 10 program
2 CFP appearances
A couple undefeated regular seasons
Top 10 - 15 team doesn't meet the def of sucking.
Re NC State its been a pretty good solid program over many years. Many x btwn 10 - 25. This year probably around 30 -35. That would mean they don't exactly suck either.
Known for good defense NC State hadn't given up 30 in past 30 games until yesterday. Hint they play Clemson every yr.
ND hung 45 on them yesterday at home.
Your negative Nancy rantings are hyperbolic and fall flat.
Yesterday was very solid W for ND.
We'll see what happens in a couple weeks with OSU

Reactions: BGI User 756
Maybe you should just try not speaking and enjoy the games for what they are: imperfect sporting events featuring kids who are, for the most part, between the ages of 18 and 22.

Your constant negative spin on everything gets exhausting. A Notre Dame back rushes for 150 yards and you'll be on here saying that if it weren't for that 60-yard TD, he would have been held to under 100 yards. A Notre Dame player returns a kickoff 99 yards and you'll be blaming it on the other team's kicker's inability to boot the ball through the end zone.

This week, you harped on and on about the fact that the oddsmakers didn't have us favored by double digits against a team you deemed unworthy of us even playing.

Then when we win by double digits, you dismiss it because the defense gave the offense a short field a couple of times. When Georgia or Alabama does that, it's called an ass kicking. And that's what yesterday's game was, a thorough ass kicking.

Maybe you should just try not speaking and enjoy the games for what they are: imperfect sporting events featuring kids who are, for the most part, between the ages of 18 and 22.

Your constant negative spin on everything gets exhausting. A Notre Dame back rushes for 150 yards and you'll be on here saying that if it weren't for that 60-yard TD, he would have been held to under 100 yards. A Notre Dame player returns a kickoff 99 yards and you'll be blaming it on the other team's kicker's inability to boot the ball through the end zone.

This week, you harped on and on about the fact that the oddsmakers didn't have us favored by double digits against a team you deemed unworthy of us even playing.

Then when we win by double digits, you dismiss it because the defense gave the offense a short field a couple of times. When Georgia or Alabama does that, it's called an ass kicking. And that's what yesterday's game was, a thorough ass kicking.
Well said ... there are people who are only happy when there unhappy, bitching about everything ... chase is obviously one of those; must rain everyday in his life

we are in sore need of a new foskey on the DL
Yeah we need someone to provide a pass rush so we dont have to bring pressure with blitzing

Maybe Burnham gets there or maybe drop Sneed down there to rush the passer like he did against Scar

Yeah we need someone to provide a pass rush so we dont have to bring pressure with blitzing

Maybe Burnham gets there or maybe drop Sneed down there to rush the passer like he did against Scar
Burnham has looked good

Reactions: Telx1
Wut???
Hello it's 2023....
20 yrs ago is totally irrelevant
Talk about reaching...
Last 10 yrs ND has consistently been pretty darn good.
Generally a top 10 program
2 CFP appearances
A couple undefeated regular seasons
Top 10 - 15 team doesn't meet the def of sucking.
Re NC State its been a pretty good solid program over many years. Many x btwn 10 - 25. This year probably around 30 -35. That would mean they don't exactly suck either.
Known for good defense NC State hadn't given up 30 in past 30 games until yesterday. Hint they play Clemson every yr.
ND hung 45 on them yesterday at home.
Your negative Nancy rantings are hyperbolic and fall flat.
Yesterday was very solid W for ND.
We'll see what happens in a couple weeks with OSU
How many times are we as a fan base going to over react to a nice start vs bad competition only to get curb stomped against the teams that matter on our schedule? It takes more than some nice wins vs mid to poor teams for me to forget about decades of disappointment.

The truth is, all of the underlying data still supports that ND is the same program its been for much of the last 10 years. It's going to take more than a nice start 20% into the 2023 season for me to suddenly think everything has been fixed in the program ESPECIALLY after a 2022 and 2023 off-season where ND has been completely ran over by their competition.

If you want smoke blown up your ass, there's a ton of websites out there happy to give you the narrative you are so desperately seeking about ND.

If you want my 100% unadulterated opinion of the program, i'm happy to give it, but you might not like what you hear a long the way, but my opinion isn't a marketing ploy to get you to buy subscriptions, or an opinion that is meant to appease the ND brass for continued access to their press box or their press conferences.

This team still has a lot to prove even in the face of a nice start and some impressive one sided stomps to start the 2023 season.

Last edited:
How many times are we as a fan base going to over react to a nice start vs bad competition only to get curb stomped against the teams that matter on our schedule. It takes more than some nice wins vs mid to poor teams for me to forget about decades of disappointment.

The truth is, all of the underlying data still supports that ND is the same program its been for much of the last 10 years. It's going to take more than a nice start 20% into the 2023 season for me to suddenly think everything has been fixed in the program and that ND is ready to hoist a national title trophy this season. ESPECIALLY after a 2022 and 2023 off-season where ND has been completely ran over by their competition.

If you want smoke blown up your ass, there's a ton of websites out there happy to give you the narrative you are so desperately seeking about ND.

If you want my 100% unadulterated opinion of the program, i'm happy to give it, but you might not like what you hear a long the way, but my opinion isn't a marketing ploy to get you to buy subscriptions, or an opinion that is meant to appease the ND brass for continued access to their press box or their press conferences.

This team still has a lot to prove even in the face of a nice start and some impressive one sided stomps to start the 2023 season.
ok Forrest

How many times are we as a fan base going to over react to a nice start vs bad competition only to get curb stomped against the teams that matter on our schedule? It takes more than some nice wins vs mid to poor teams for me to forget about decades of disappointment.

The truth is, all of the underlying data still supports that ND is the same program its been for much of the last 10 years. It's going to take more than a nice start 20% into the 2023 season for me to suddenly think everything has been fixed in the program and that ND is ready to hoist a national title trophy this season. ESPECIALLY after a 2022 and 2023 off-season where ND has been completely ran over by their competition.

No one asked or cared about your opinion...

The truth is, all of the underlying data still supports that ND is the same program its been for much of the last 10 years. It's going to take more than a nice start 20% into the 2023 season for me to suddenly think everything has been fixed in the program ESPECIALLY after a 2022 and 2023 off-season where ND has been completely ran over by their competition.
It wasn't bad competition. NC State will turn out to be a contender in the ACC IMO. They have a quality defense and a good quarterback.

How many times are we as a fan base going to over react to a nice start vs bad competition only to get curb stomped against the teams that matter on our schedule. It takes more than some nice wins vs mid to poor teams for me to forget about decades of disappointment.

Man I don't need to read your " 100% unadulterated opinion " AGAIN bc I've already read it 100x previously .
You're a broken record. Whether in victory or defeat things suck at the Notre Dame football program.
I can't discern whether you're truly a ND fan. If you really are a fan of the program to continue following them must be evidence of some deep self loathing and masochistic tendencies on your part. A virtual " glutton for punishment "
Whether ND wins or loses either outcome makes you just as miserable. With dire predictions for the future of the program.
I have a hard time differentiating you " Chase " from the legion of ND haters.
You all sound the same to me.

I don't need " Marketing " pitches to continue rooting for ND football. I have literally been a fan for 50+ yrs. I enjoy the victories and hate the losses. And when they lose I tend to get angry for a short period of time and sometimes come on this forum to vent my frustration with other fairly " like minded " ND fans. But within a few days it's on to the next game, the next recruiting class and next football season. After all for almost every ND football fan relative to our favorite college football team " Hope springs Eternal " And why not...

Reactions: HDK
Man I don't need to read your " 100% unadulterated opinion " AGAIN bc I've already read it 100x previously .
You're a broken record. Whether in victory or defeat things suck at the Notre Dame football program.
I can't discern whether you're truly a ND fan. If you really are a fan of the program to continue following them must be evidence of some deep self loathing and masochistic tendencies on your part. A virtual " glutton for punishment "
Whether ND wins or loses either outcome makes you just as miserable. With dire predictions for the future of the program.

I don't need " Marketing " pitches to continue rooting for ND football. I have literally been a fan for 50+ yrs. I enjoy the victories and hate the losses. And when they lose I tend to get angry for a short period of time and sometimes come on this forum to vent my frustration with other fairly " like minded " ND fans. But within a few days it's on to the next game, the next recruiting class and next football season. After all for almost every ND football fan relative to our favorite college football team " Hope springs Eternal " And why not...
You are free to enjoy the team and follow them and contribute and be apart of the community in the way that you like. I want a winner at the highest level and im tired of the narrative out there being that it's asking too much.

ND has all of the advantages in the world and their last 25+ years has been a complete and utter failure by just about any measure.

We don't need to wait until after Saturdays to see that the program is losing. Despite some nice wins vs poor teams ND is still losing right now as i type this. Look at the class they are bringing in. Look at how far behind that class is relative to their competition. Look at their aggregate talent ranking, F+ ranking, their personnel hires, look at their stupid handicaps in regards to the transfer portal and their archaic stance on NIL and player compensation. They are losing as the college football landscape continues to pass them by.

It's frustrating watching this and instead of leadership at ND acknowledging and rectifying the situation they piss on the fan base and call it rain and way too many people in this fan base are happy to lean their head back with their mouths open wide and drink it up. I'm not one of those people and i'm not going to apologize for it either.

Last edited:

I do not believe he is a fan. I've seen this act before.

It wasn't bad competition. NC State will turn out to be a contender in the ACC IMO. They have a quality defense and a good quarterback.
Based on what criteria? Because the ND media has been hyping up the game for the last week like some mid-tier crap ACC opponent is the 1985 chicago bears in order to drum up interest and have a built in excuse if ND loses?

We're supposed to be thrilled and pretend all the problems have been solved in the program for beating a team that finished #47 in 2022, is currently #54 (before their latest loss) in 2023, and has a 38th ranked talent ranking? We are ND. We are measured by the best teams in the country not mediocre crap in the ACC.

No offense Chase, but this was a game where you should’ve just kept quiet. While NCST isn’t a top20 team, they’re a legit opponent and we dismantled them by 21 points at home. Of course there’s room for improvement, but you’re acting like we just played TennST for the 2nd week in a row. You really need to understand “time and place.” This game wasn’t either of those situations. Again, no offense intended

Based on what criteria? Because the ND media has been hyping up the game for the last week like some mid-tier crap ACC opponent is the 1985 chicago bears in order to drum up interest and have a built in excuse if ND loses?
Results on the field

18 and 9 the last 2 plus years

Acc 3 ncs since pac 12 won
Acc 3 ncs since big 13 won
Acc 2 ncs since big 10 won

No offense Chase, but this was a game where you should’ve just kept quiet. While NCST isn’t a top20 team, they’re a legit opponent and we dismantled them by 21 points at home. Of course there’s room for improvement, but you’re acting like we just played TennST for the 2nd week in a row. You really need to understand “time and place.” This game wasn’t either of those situations. Again, no offense intended
No offense taken man. You are free to hit the ignore button on my profile if my opinion is offensive to you or anybody else for that matter.

I realize that when I call you a moron that I’m insulting the morons of the world, so I’ll apologize to them.

So USC, Michigan, Georgia, Ohio State and Clemson and so many others aren’t considered strong opponents by you ?

How many teams have as good of a W/L record as Kelly had in his last 5 years ?

While I might agree that the level of exuberance is pretty high, that’s what fans who are optimistic about their program do, they get excited and project positive outcomes.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but don‘t present your opinion as The Gospel.
Your opinions are often seriously flawed and lack substance.

YOU ARE NO FAN OF ND !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT