ADVERTISEMENT

N.C. State Game Thread

“Gotta say, notre dame is playing an FBS team for the first time (albeit a really mediocre one), and the problems that i thought would be there with the offense coming into the year are starting to rear their ugly head”

Yeah, you’re right. 45 points against a team that hasn’t given up 30 in 3 years really describes “an offense w/ problems that are starting to rear their ugly head”.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Dude, it was the first half in a game on the road with bad weather conditions in a legit home-field advantage for our opponent. You are a habitual Gun Jumper. Stop trying to justify it.
A gun jumper? I stand by my post history 100%. I've been way ahead on a number of issues for 15+ years. There is a reason people read and engage with almost everything I post here. It's because im right more than most (including the professionals paid to cover the team).

• Haha
Reactions: Golson5
“Gotta say, notre dame is playing an FBS team for the first time (albeit a really mediocre one), and the problems that i thought would be there with the offense coming into the year are starting to rear their ugly head”

Yeah, you’re right. 45 points against a team that hasn’t given up 30 in 3 years really describes “an offense w/ problems that are starting to rear their ugly head”.
That was after the first quarter where ND had a total of 3 points.

I still think the offense is not good enough and is the biggest issue on the team and program at large. It was our defense who gave us two short fields that created the separation in the score. Im happy the offense was able to finish but this was far from a playoff-level offensive performance. The garbage time TD at the very end doesn't change that.

“That was after the first quarter where ND had a total of 3 points.

I still think the offense is not good enough and is the biggest issue on the team and program at large. It was our defense who gave us two short fields that created the separation in the score. Im happy the offense was able to finish but this was far from a playoff-level offensive performance. The garbage time TD at the very end doesn't change that.”

A football game is 4 quarters. We had close to 500 yds on a defense that doesn’t give up a lot of points or yards. So maybe you should wait to start talking shit so you don’t look so stupid at the end of the game.

That was after the first quarter where ND had a total of 3 points.

I still think the offense is not good enough and is the biggest issue on the team and program at large. It was our defense who gave us two short fields that created the separation in the score. Im happy the offense was able to finish but this was far from a playoff-level offensive performance. The garbage time TD at the very end doesn't change that.
One of the better defenses in the country

Good win

These are head to head match ups with results. Your math aint mathin.
I got 10 years (120+ weeks) of interconference records on my side vs your 2 weeks. There's still 10 more weeks and many more interconference games to go.

I still think the offense is not good enough and is the biggest issue on the team and program at large. It was our defense who gave us two short fields that created the separation in the score. Im happy the offense was able to finish but this was far from a playoff-level offensive performance. The garbage time TD at the very end doesn't change that.”

A football game is 4 quarters. We had close to 500 yds on a defense that doesn’t give up a lot of points or yards. So maybe you should wait to start talking shit so you don’t look so stupid at the end of the game.
Their defense was really good last year, even after you adjust for their terrible ACC schedule. But they lost a lot of key dudes at DL & DB and their defensive efficiency went down in week 1 in 2023.

The yardage total was 450-350, the major difference in the game was the two turnovers on their own side of the ball, which the defense created. ND finished those drives but it was far from a playoff level offensive performance. The score/yards in garbage time at the end of the game doesn't change that much.

Our defense is the bread and butter of this team. Our offense still has a long way to go.

“There is a reason people read and engage with almost everything I post here. It's because im right more than most (including the professionals paid to cover the team).”

I don’t know about anyone else here, but I read & engage w/ some of your posts because they’re so effing stupid & it’s difficult not to point out how stupid they are.

I got 10 years (120+ weeks) of interconference records on my side vs your 2 weeks. There's still 10 more weeks and many more interconference games to go.
We arent playing 10 years ago. We're playing this year.

Acc has 2 ncs since Big 10
Acc has 3 NCs since big 12
Acc has 3 NCs since pac 12

Sshhhhh

Reactions: NDinNJ
A gun jumper? I stand by my post history 100%. I've been way ahead on a number of issues for 15+ years. There is a reason people read and engage with almost everything I post here. It's because im right more than most (including the professionals paid to cover the team).
Wow...you are delusional.

Reactions: francade
I said NC state is a mid-tier ACC team in a bad ACC conference how does ND making plays and putting them away in the 2nd half change any of that?
Your entire narrative is full of shit. If this is a close game you bash ND for not blowing NCSTATE out. ND blows them out, and NCSTATE is a mid tier team in a crappy conference. Just STFU with your BS, I see right through it. Meanwhile UGA playing another cupcake in a long list of cupcakes this season and they're elite.. if you aren't happy with ND, there's over 120 other football programs you can go follow. You are complete loser.

Reactions: francade
We arent playing 10 years ago. We're playing this year.

Acc has 2 ncs since Big 10
Acc has 3 NCs since big 12
Acc has 3 NCs since pac 12

Sshhhhh
You may be a know nothing Douche, but at least we can agree on Chaseball and the F+ 😂

J. Love looks to be the real deal at the RB position; reminds me of Ricky Watters. Defense played outstanding (especially the secondary and #8). We get to the opponents 40yrd line we have a legit chance at 3 points, that's nice. Punter looks solid too. Hartman is good. Our RB's are deep. We have a plethora of WR's and body types. Staes look like a stud. Freeman looks so damn good on the sidelines. Go Irish, 3-0!

Their defense was really good last year, even after you adjust for their terrible ACC schedule. But they lost a lot of key dudes at DL & DB and their defensive efficiency went down in week 1 in 2023.

“The yardage total was 450-350, the major difference in the game was the two turnovers on their own side of the ball, which the defense created. ND finished those drives but it was far from a playoff level offensive performance. The score/yards in garbage time at the end of the game doesn't change that much.

Our defense is the bread and butter of this team. Our offense still has a long way to go.”

8 yds per play blows all this ^^^^ horseshit out of the water.

I still think our offense is better than our defense. Today we just played a team that’s above average defensively (still hung 45) and average at best offensively.

I think some people have a hard time understanding that i can criticize and be unsatisfied with a team and still want them to win at the same time. It's called nuance. I dont need to believe in a fairy tale make believe narrative to still be excited for the team and watch every game and get behind the team. I see the many warts in this program and i want them eradicated and its frustrating when the narrative about the team among ND nation is vastly different than reality.

ND needs to get a lot better as a program to actually be a realistic competitor for national titles. But very happy with this win none the less.
No, your negativity is beyond nuance, it's to the point that many don't believe you are actually a fan, including myself. Oh and F+ still sucks.

Great road win. NC State's a tough opponent and the weather conditions didn't make it easy, either. Hartman bounced back after a rough 1st quarter with 4 TD passes, and Estime reminded me of Bettis on that 80-yarder. Go Irish!!

You talk about Kelly more than anyone 🤣🤣

But you gotta defend your boyfriend

🤣
I just enjoy watching him fail and implode for a different team. He's proving me correct. He still can't win the big games!

I still think our offense is better than our defense. Today we just played a team that’s above average defensively (still hung 45) and average at best offensively.
I think they're both pretty good. Defensively, we probably need a little better pass rush than we were getting today. But overall, they played well and both units had good games against a quality opponent.

Week 3, on the road, amped up team and crowd and some bad weather … and we are surprised and disappointed we didn’t score every drive. The drive just before half told me everything we need to know. The coaches and the QB have giant balls, such a nice change from taking a knee and jogging into the locker room and having our coach tell the sideline reporter that our kids need to play better.

Not really. ND’s been a top 10 program the past 15 seasons and with the exception of Bama, Clemson, OSU and now Georgia, they’ve been able to compete against anybody. Your commentary is that ND can’t compete but you never mention the other 100+ schools that haven’t been perennial Top 10 programs over the past 15 years you brought up.

Not really. ND’s been a top 10 program the past 15 seasons and with the exception of Bama, Clemson, OSU and now Georgia, they’ve been able to compete against anybody. Your commentary is that ND can’t compete but you never mention the other 100+ schools that haven’t been perennial Top 10 programs over the past 15 years you brought up.
👍

Week 3, on the road, amped up team and crowd and some bad weather … and we are surprised and disappointed we didn’t score every drive. The drive just before half told me everything we need to know. The coaches and the QB have giant balls, such a nice change from taking a knee and jogging into the locker room and having our coach tell the sideline reporter that our kids need to play better.
👍

^"I'm a legend in my own mind. I have been right for 15 years, just ask all my handles. And I win my fantasy football league every year, against my mom and my dead grandfather."

Signed,
Chase

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT