ADVERTISEMENT

N.C. State Game Thread

Very happy/satisfied with this win. ND made plays in the 2nd half and established that they are clearly the better team. This is how you would expect a ranked team to beat a team ranked in the 50s.

We are doing what good teams do. Put teams away as the game progresses. We’ve got a lot to work on going forward and if we can improve in those areas, we “could “ be talking playoffs

Defense stepped up....but there is much to review after this game with penalties and O line. The secondary really carried this defense in the second half.

I think some people have a hard time understanding that i can criticize and be unsatisfied with a team and still want them to win at the same time. It's called nuance. I dont need to believe in a fairy tale make believe narrative to still be excited for the team and watch every game and get behind the team. I see the many warts in this program and i want them eradicated and its frustrating when the narrative about the team among ND nation is vastly different than reality.

ND needs to get a lot better as a program to actually be a realistic competitor for national titles. But very happy with this win none the less.

Reactions: NotreDomer1
I think some people have a hard time understanding that i can criticize and be unsatisfied with a team and still want them to win at the same time. It's called nuance. I dont need to believe in a fairy tale make believe narrative to still be excited for the team and watch every game and get behind the team. I see the many warts in this program and i want them eradicated and its frustrating when the narrative about the team among ND nation is vastly different than reality.
Are we still playing down to a middling ACC team? That’s my only argument with your posts from today. To say that in the 1st half is insane.

I said NC state is a mid-tier ACC team in a bad ACC conference how does ND making plays and putting them away in the 2nd half change any of that?
So FSU pounds LSU, UNC handily beats South Carolina, Wake pounds Vandy, Miami & A&M playing a close one. Ole Miss getting beat by Tulane without their starting QB. Lville, Duke, Pitt look like solid teams. Your premise doesnt make sense.

ND needs to get a lot better as a program to actually be a realestic competitor for national titles. But very happy with this win none the less.
You also are in love and base your opinions on the worst ranking system that is out there, F-

So you have no clue how good our bad teams are because you use an awful ranking system and it makes your opinions moronic

Reactions: BGI User 756
Nc State is a type of win coaches love. Alot to yell about in film & correct in practice, but the team faced real adversity & the team responded as good as you can. Freeman & his staff made great adjustments & the players stepped up.

Are we still playing down to a middling ACC team? That’s my only argument with your posts from today. To say that in the 1st half is insane.
Towards the end of the first half i said it was disappointing that there wasn't more separation between the teams. NC state is a mid team with a terrible offense. At the time it was a 3 point game with 45 seconds left in the first half. I also said i was hoping the defense would have made more plays to put the offense in a better position to succeed as the defense is by far the best part of our team.

ND ended up making plays on defense and putting the offense in a position to score points in the 2nd half and ended up pulling away. Awesome!

Read my posts and stop putting words in my mouth. That goes for the large majority of the forum.

Nc State is a type of win coaches love. Alot to yell about in film & correct in practice, but the team faced real adversity & the team responded as good as you can. Freeman & his staff made great adjustments & the players stepped up.
👍

Absolutely have been missing that killer mentality for a LONG time.

Bring in the 2nd String!
Absolutely have been missing that killer mentality for a LONG time.

Bring in the 2nd String!
I am 100% certain that in the past Notre Dame would’ve run the ball there and decide to kick the field goal. That ladies and gentlemen is a change in o
philosophy.

Go score again, the couches will be burning on the backroads tonight regardless. Add fuel to their fires

Eh, he wants us to recruit like we did under Holtz. Nothing wrong with that IMO. I want us to as well
Recruiting at any costs isn’t what ND is about. He’d much rather NC St win so he could come here and tell us “told ya so, this team isn’t very good”

Christian Gray missed INT leads to points for NCST. It obviously doesn’t matter much, but gotta capitalize on opportunities

** I’m nitpicking of course **

So FSU pounds LSU, UNC handily beats South Carolina, Wake pounds Vandy, Miami & A&M playing a close one. Ole Miss getting beat by Tulane without their starting QB. Lville, Duke, Pitt look like solid teams. Your premise doesnt make sense.
It's also week 2. Lets have this conversation after the bowl season.

Towards the end of the first half i said it was disappointing that there wasn't more separation between the teams. NC state is a mid team with a terrible offense. At the time it was a 3 point game with 45 seconds left in the first half. I also said i was hoping the defense would have made more plays to put the offense in a better position to succeed as the defense is by far the best part of our team.

ND ended up making plays on defense and putting the offense in a position to score points in the 2nd half and ended up pulling away. Awesome!

Read my posts and stop putting words in my mouth. That goes for the large majority of the forum.
Dude, it was the first half in a game on the road with bad weather conditions in a legit home-field advantage for our opponent. You are a habitual Gun Jumper. Stop trying to justify it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT