ADVERTISEMENT

Keeley decommitting today ?

None of these kids are committed!! None ! Why do we do this every year ? Keeley, Bowen and every other recruit can change their mind at any point. Until you sign , no recruit anywhere is committed.
100% correct. Years back I watched recruiting somewhat closely. Verbal commitments mean nothing. Sometimes written ones as well . I remember ND 5* DT signed LOI and wound up at UCLA. Now with all the $$$ out there. Recruiting today must be a nightmare for these coaches

Reactions: JWh2340
Keeley could be staring at ND next year…. Not bama or osu … money talks

mpemba is needed, ne hasn’t done great at wde last few years. Gobaira solid last year

next year it’s Burnham; gobaira, and botelho at wde…. Huge step down
Botelho, Gobaira and Burnham is a very talented trio

There's no Foskey in there but that's a really solid trio to build with

Reactions: BGI User 756
100% correct. Years back I watched recruiting somewhat closely. Verbal commitments mean nothing. Sometimes written ones as well . I remember ND 5* DT signed LOI and wound up at UCLA. Now with all the $$$ out there. Recruiting today must be a nightmare for these coaches
Id say 90 percent of our commits stick with their verbal commitment to us. It's not as crazy for us as you think

Botelho, Gobaira and Burnham is a very talented trio

There's no Foskey in there but that's a really solid trio to build with
Burnham and botelho I’m not sure are des naturally more out of necessity … I do think gobaira may be the next really good one

Id say 90 percent of our commits stick with their verbal commitment to us. It's not as crazy for us as you think
Just stinks the top two kids in class especially with our D staff and HC are the ones likely to go elsewhere…. You typically keep the crown jewel of the class, not us I guess

Burnham and botelho I’m not sure are des naturally more out of necessity … I do think gobaira may be the next really good one
Burnham is going to be big and athletic when hes done growing. Botelho is a pass rusher by trade. Gobaira looks quick and athletic already. Put all 3 together and you got a talented trio for next year

Just stinks the top two kids in class especially with our D staff and HC are the ones likely to go elsewhere…. You typically keep the crown jewel of the class, not us I guess
The crown jewels are the toughest to keep

Defense has really never been the problem and the issues we have had are being addressed. QB and WRs are the only real issues holding us back from being elite IMO.

The crown jewels are the toughest to keep
Especially when you are going up against a living legend in Saban flashing National Championships, and touting everyone he's coached to the NFL.

I hate Alabama and Saban as much as anyone but they are not shelling out money to recruits. That was the beef that Saban had with Jimbo. Same holds true for OSU, Georgia And Clemson. Now are those teams promoting the money side ? Absolutely but they're telling recruits that the money will be there once they prove themselves on the field using the massive NIL deals that CJ Stroud and Bryce Young (and several others) have with local businesses.
Citation needed.
None of these kids are committed!! None ! Why do we do this every year ? Keeley, Bowen and every other recruit can change their mind at any point. Until you sign , no recruit anywhere is committed.
It may be that the verbal commitment is a bit more firm now that there is a quid pro quo. Before the athlete got nothing whatsoever for verbally committing and only a promise of an athletic scholarship for signing himself away.

Now if the kid verbals, gets an NIL in high school while mom starts a new job as creative consultant at the booster's firm; that's a deal. There will be consequences for breaking it.

He’s apparently been reaching out to guys in the class. Not that it means anything but interesting

Could be trying to pull them to another location, or what we all hope, looking to join the fold???

It’s most likely just him maintaining relationships with guys he considered friends. But interesting none the less

Keeley is not coming to ND. Not unless we are prepared to give a TON of cash to his mom and uncle/agent, and that isn’t happening. Let this thread die alongside NDs chances to get Keeley in this class.

Keeley is not coming to ND. Not unless we are prepared to give a TON of cash to his mom and uncle/agent, and that isn’t happening. Let this thread die alongside NDs chances to get Keeley in this class.
he's a top 10 player overall in this class Notre Dame they're super wealthy and super connected. If they want him bad enough they can make it happen

Actually it’s called integrity and commitment to student-athlete, 2 things most schools have sold out on
Integrity would be to help the student athlete get every penny of what they deserve. These players have been exploited without compensation for decades while bringing in millions for the universities. Not sullying their hands in NIL doesn’t make Notre Dame better than the schools that have embraced it, if anything it makes them the bad guys.

Integrity would be to help the student athlete get every penny of what they deserve. These players have been exploited without compensation for decades while bringing in millions for the universities. Not sullying their hands in NIL doesn’t make Notre Dame better than the schools that have embraced it, if anything it makes them the bad guys.
Keeley deserves what exactly? Exploited my ass, ask any ND player if they feel they’ve been exploited. Good for ND not playing this game, I’d prefer they bow out and go the Princeton route rather than the Bama route but kids have decisions to make and ND still adds value beyond bags of cash..wow what a concept.

At the end of the day, it should be up to the university to pay them or not. It should be up to the player to earn NIL if they want. Free market economics is best in basically all cases. If ND wants to profit off athletes and not drop bags, they have every right to do so. Kids have every right to go elsewhere too. Notre Dame dropped their integrity a long time ago when they stopped supporting actual Catholic values for the sake of not angering the left. But it's up to them to act however the hell they want to act.

• Sad
Reactions: pure505
Keeley deserves what exactly? Exploited my ass, ask any ND player if they feel they’ve been exploited. Good for ND not playing this game, I’d prefer they bow out and go the Princeton route rather than the Bama route but kids have decisions to make and ND still adds value beyond bags of cash..wow what a concept.
Philosophically, yes, there is a point here but realistically, guys like Keeley or M’Pemba or other high school DEs with freak physical attributes see themselves as potential draft picks AND want to be paid before the NFL. As it’s completely normalized, it’s going to be very, very difficult to get these guys.

Was M'Pemba supposed to officially visit ND? I thought he was for some reason and must have missed when he decided no to.

Was M'Pemba supposed to officially visit ND? I thought he was for some reason and must have missed when he decided no to.
Read that he was going to OV for the Clemson game but canceled. If there was no chance of getting him, then that was for the best. Supposedly he wanted NIL guarantees, which ND does not do.

Read that he was going to OV for the Clemson game but canceled. If there was no chance of getting him, then that was for the best. Supposedly he wanted NIL guarantees, which ND does not do.
You mean the other Universities are writing guaranties for whatever fly by night webpage is paying the athletes for NIL?

There's a difference between embracing and going crazy. NIL right now is going crazy. Even the NFL has a salary cap. IMO guard rails are absolutely necessary. Strict punishments for inducement for example. Not allowing anyone to have NIL the first season of attendance is another. That is a two fold guard rail. A- ends a lot of enticement. B- ends the transfer just for the sake of a better deal (Jordan Addison)

Lol

That is a bullshit take. Stupid even. Tell me what Keeley has earned on the college football field. Nothing. He has not been exploited unless you know something about his HS or elementary school days that we don’t know

• Sad
Reactions: pure505
Anyone trashing ND for not entering this current NIL world is either stupid or lacking integrity. This is like AAU basketball about 30 years ago. Kudos to ND to playing this game UNTIL THE PLAYER IS ON CAMPUS. then he can make the claim that he is contributing to the market from which he can get paid

Reactions: NDinNJ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT