ADVERTISEMENT

Keeley decommitting today ?

artemis gordon

Irish Guard
Aug 8, 2015
Scuttlebutt is Keeley will decommit today. If true I'm not surprised . Mama Keeley has been looking for a payday for months.

Scuttlebutt is Keeley will decommit today. If true I'm not surprised . Mama Keeley has been looking for a payday for months.
Well, if he does there really is not much anyone can do -- it stinks, because you stop recruiting at the position in anticipation of keeping the kid -- but in the end, the kid has to make command decisions.

Reactions: Tru2Irish
Well, if he does there really is not much anyone can do -- it stinks, because you stop recruiting at the position in anticipation of keeping the kid -- but in the end, the kid has to make command decisions.
You? Why would you stop recruiting any position when you know there will be decommits every cycle?

Reactions: Airzee23
Bummer. It’s a tough decision and you never fault a kid for doing what they think is best, but players really shouldn’t give a commitment (especially as early as Keeley did) if they aren’t going to keep it.

Bummer. It’s a tough decision and you never fault a kid for doing what they think is best, but players really shouldn’t give a commitment (especially as early as Keeley did) if they aren’t going to keep it.
We got a few our way. It's always going to happen

Reactions: Rionegro
You? Why would you stop recruiting any position when you know there will be decommits every cycle?
And given there are two newish offers at edge, Note Dame hasn't stopped recruiting at this position.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Right, ND won all the recruiting battles with Bama before that damned NIL

Reactions: jdk222
It's not about NIL. Foskey is one of the most marketable guys in the country. Keon knows what he can make here.
I dont agree.

If you play well here, you could make big in NIL

These kids are being offered NIL deals just to sign. Then they can add other NIL deals at said school if they play well

Thats double dipping.

If he comes here and gets injured or is a bust, he will make peanuts in NIL. Or nothing

Thats the difference

Reactions: tbonesays
Money doesn't last. A short football career will not support the lavish life style adopted early on through all the years that follow when one is finished playing football. Hopefully, kids that do get the payday have an honest financial advisor to help them out.

I dont agree.

These kids are being offered NIL deals just to sign. Then they can add other NIL deals at said school if they play well

Thats double dipping.

If he comes here and gets injured or is a bust, he will make peanuts in NIL. Or nothing

Thats the difference
Nil deals are not payable until they are in school. They are promises until that point. There are guys already pissed about payments, expect that to continue. If they don't play or get injured their nil deals go away it's in no way guarenteed

I thought ND had a collective. Didn't Quinn start one? Am I off on that?

Not sure Quinn’s set up like other schools where as it’s essentially a pool of money waiting to entice LOIs.
bingo. ND will wear white gloves and follow the letter and spirit of the rule; athletes may profit off of their NIL. The usual suspects are using that as a pretense for signing bonuses to come to their school.

#sameasiteverwas

Reactions: Irish_Mutt
Nil deals are not payable until they are in school. They are promises until that point. There are guys already pissed about payments, expect that to continue. If they don't play or get injured their nil deals go away it's in no way guarenteed
Sureee. Once he steps on campus he will get paid. They used to give kids cars and bags of cash, he will get his money.
If they dont pay him he can transfer right away. They know that. It may happen to some players but not a 5 star DE

I dont agree.

Thats double dipping.

Thats the difference
Alabama and much of the SEC have been corrupt for decades. NIL is just a different type of corruption.

I’ll be glad when the season starts. I used to follow recruiting incessantly, thankfully I had a child in 2009 so it hasn’t been an issue in over a decade. I think I’m much happier when I start looking at recruiting after the bowl season. With that being said, any time there is this much smoke regarding a 5 star recruit, it typically doesn’t end well for the team he is verbally committed to.

On a side note, it is really weird being the new guy on a message board I’ve been reading since Charlie Weis was the coach. I legitimately feel like I know a bunch of you already.

Reactions: jcswoopnh
I hate Alabama and Saban as much as anyone but they are not shelling out money to recruits. That was the beef that Saban had with Jimbo. Same holds true for OSU, Georgia And Clemson. Now are those teams promoting the money side ? Absolutely but they're telling recruits that the money will be there once they prove themselves on the field using the massive NIL deals that CJ Stroud and Bryce Young (and several others) have with local businesses.

Reactions: NENextt
I hate Alabama and Saban as much as anyone but they are not shelling out money to recruits. That was the beef that Saban had with Jimbo. Same holds true for OSU, Georgia And Clemson. Now are those teams promoting the money side ? Absolutely but they're telling recruits that the money will be there once they prove themselves on the field using the massive NIL deals that CJ Stroud and Bryce Young (and several others) have with local businesses.
I dont buy that for a second

Hansen felt nd had a good shot still with keeley until today… ugh
My guess is he decommitted to the staff but didn't put it out in the public yet

Very unfortunate

Maybe we can convince Mpemba to that position.

Get Love and have him and Gray recruit him with the Missouri connection

BK is paying out some big bucks. Recruiting really starts in mid Aug. for those kids that have no locked in NIL deals.

Keon is a huge blow ashe is a program changing player rarely lands. I think nil is going to hurt ND as long as the ncaa remains sackless enforcing the rules.
On a good note, I really believe Love will be irish

My guess is he decommitted to the staff but didn't put it out in the public yet

Very unfortunate

Maybe we can convince Mpemba to that position.

Get Love and have him and Gray recruit him with the Missouri connection
Keeley could be staring at ND next year…. Not bama or osu … money talks

mpemba is needed, nd hasn’t done great at wde last few years. Gobaira solid last year, that’s it

next year it’s Burnham; gobaira, and botelho at wde…. Huge step down and 2 of those 3 really aren’t wde

Last edited:
None of these kids are committed!! None ! Why do we do this every year ? Keeley, Bowen and every other recruit can change their mind at any point. Until you sign , no recruit anywhere is committed.

None of these kids are committed!! None ! Why do we do this every year ? Keeley, Bowen and every other recruit can change their mind at any point. Until you sign , no recruit anywhere is committed.
every team will get burned a few times each recruiting season; these are not college students, they are hired players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT