ADVERTISEMENT

Just Another Great Day For ND Football...

If you saw Freeman and Denbrock making offers to other 2025 QB’s, like you proposed, you would.

They aren’t. And in this age of social media, nothing is secret.
If they give up on Deuce they will start working on a flip. We’ve seen this movie before when we flipped Minchey.

If you saw Freeman and Denbrock making offers to other 2025 QB’s, like you proposed, you would.

They aren’t. And in this age of social media, nothing is secret.
What would you say to the Gordy Sulfsted commitment? No one on the internet saw that coming.

No one knows for sure what’s going on behind the scenes except for the coaches and some people in the football office.

@NDinNJ is correct.

Last edited:
Reactions: NDinNJ
What would you say to the Gordy Sulfsted commitment? No one on the internet saw that coming.

No one knows for sure what’s going on behind the scenes except for the coaches and some people in the football office.

@NDinNJ is correct.
In this age of social media, multiple websites who dedicate themselves to CFB recruiting news, very very little is secret.

If anything at all.

Reactions: Kelso86
Gordy Sulfsted.

It doesn’t need to be a “secret” for most people on the internet to not know what’s going on behind the scenes.
Stay with your narrative.

If Marcus Freeman was actively recruiting other 2025 QB’s, we would know.

While what you say is for the most part true,
1) a few schools get multiple 5*s , a few other blue bloods occasionally get one, and the rest are locked into staying home … we realistically need to get one a year, two would be a coup
2) the best 5* players are 2 year starters in college
3) recruiting high schoolers is less important as there are ways to attract proven older and stronger players where fit is also easier to evaluate
4) top to bottom the roster is more complete … less holes that we simply couldn’t dig out of (Kelly had QB problems, Weis inherited I think 6 healthy scholarship OL, freeman had at one point 4 scholarship receivers )
I disagree with all of this, but wanted to expand on the highlighted part of this post.

Notre Dame doesn't need 1 five star, or 2 five stars, or 3 five stars, or whatever arbitrary number you want to use as the measuring stick.

Only 1 team wins a national title at the end of the year.

Take the best recruited teams in the country any given year AND THAT IS THE MEASURING STICK!!! WE NEED TO RECRUIT **** AT LEAST **** AS WELL AS THOSE TEAMS. Alabama has five 5-stars this cycle so far (as an example). Several other teams follow right behind with three and four 5-stars committed in their respective classes. These programs also recruit A LOT of high 4-star (top 100, top 75, top 50 guys) to support their 5-star talent as well.

In order to position yourself to contend/win a national title, you have to recruit AT LEAST as well as EVERY OTHER TEAM IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL (including all the top dogs in the SEC and BIG10)

Right now there are a handful of teams (a revolving door of about 5-7 teams since the start of the 21st century) that recruit/bring in so much more talent than ND that their 2nd and 3rd teams are more talented than NDs 1st and 2nd teams.

Essentially, ND has been waving a white flag before the season even gets started for about 15 years running now. And 2024 & 2025 (given yet another disappointing recruiting cycle) is more of the same for at least another 1-2 years into the future.

what is ND doing to adjust ? anything at all ?

SMH

Last edited:
I disagree with all of this, but wanted to expand on the highlighted part of this post.

Notre Dame doesn't need 1 five star, or 2 five stars, or 3 five stars, or whatever arbitrary number you want to use as the measuring stick.

That means the other 130+ teams in college football are the measuring stick.

In order to position yourself to contend for a national title, you have to recruit AT LEAST as well as EVERY OTHER TEAM IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL (including all the top dogs in the SEC and BIG10) in order to have ANY realistic shot of winning a national title.

Right now there are a handful of teams (a revolving door of about 5-7 teams since the start of the 21st century) that recruit/bring in so much more talent than ND that their 2nd and 3rd teams have more talent than NDs 1st and 2nd teams.

Essentially, ND has been waving a white flag before the season even gets started for about 15 years running now. And 2024 & 2025 (given yet another disappointing recruiting cycle) is more of the same at least another 1-2 years into the future.

what is ND doing to adjust? anything at all ?

SMH
With every post you embarrass yourself even more than we thought you could.

That means the other 130+ teams in college football are the measuring stick.

Take the best recruited teams in the country any given year AND THAT IS THE MEASURING STICK!!! WE NEED TO RECRUIT **** AT LEAST **** AS WELL AS THOSE TEAMS. Alabama has five 5-stars this cycle so far (as an example).

In order to position yourself to contend for a national title, you have to recruit AT LEAST as well as EVERY OTHER TEAM IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL (including all the top dogs in the SEC and BIG10) in order to have ANY realistic shot of winning a national title.

Right now there are a handful of teams (a revolving door of about 5-7 teams since the start of the 21st century) that recruit/bring in so much more talent than ND that their 2nd and 3rd teams are more talented than NDs 1st and 2nd teams.

Essentially, ND has been waving a white flag before the season even gets started for about 15 years running now. And 2024 & 2025 (given yet another disappointing recruiting cycle) is more of the same at least another 1-2 years into the future.

what is ND doing to adjust ? anything at all ?

SMH
All wrong

its important that i get this point across because im sick and tired of fans diminishing the talent disparity with "we're only a five star player or two away" ... its important that people understand JUST HOW BAD THE DISPARITY IS!

It's the difference between triple A and major league baseball.

The difference in talent on NDs roster compared to that of the top teams in the SEC and B10 is like a whole other different level of football entirely!

Last edited:
its important that i get this point across because im sick and tired of fans diminishing the talent disparity with "we're only a five star player or two away" ... its important that people understand JUST HOW BAD THE DISPARITY IS.

The difference in talent on NDs roster compared to the top teams in the SEC and B10 is like a whole other different level of football entirely.
No

its important that i get this point across because im sick and tired of fans diminishing the talent disparity with "we're only a five star player or two away" ... its important that people understand JUST HOW BAD THE DISPARITY IS!

The difference in talent on NDs roster compared to that of the top teams in the SEC and B10 is like a whole other different level of football entirely!
Why did ESPN put ND in tier 1 and 4th overall in terms of NFL draftable talent in this upcoming draft ?

And why did you ignore that piece of evidence?

Just an fyi fellas.
I read an article on one of the auburn sites about deuce knight. Just summarizing but it was to the effect they were in meltdown mode in search of a qb. They had been putting the full court press on a couple prospects before deuce. Those prospects didn’t jump and they moved on. Hence they put the full court press on deuce and thought they had him. ( this is where all the flip noise came in ).

Deuce didn’t bite and they may be moving on again to another prospect. There desperate to get a QB commit before the start of the season.

I think deuce sticks with ND. JMO.

Why did ESPN put ND in tier 1 and 4th overall in terms of NFL draftable talent in this upcoming draft ?

And why did you ignore that piece of evidence?
You got a link?

Without seeing the criteria used in the "draftable talent" ranking that you are citing it's hard to comment on it.

My guess is that ND has a lot of NFL prospects that are JAGs/warm bodies (back half of draft/unsigned FA prospect types) but fall way behind the top rosters in college football in terms of impact NFL talent in the upper half of the draft.

You got a link?

Without seeing the criteria used in the "draftable talent" ranking that you are citing it's hard to comment on it.

My guess is that ND has a lot of NFL prospects that are JAGs/warm bodies (back half of draft/unsigned FA prospect types) but fall way behind the top rosters in college football in terms of impact NFL talent in the upper half of the draft.
No

They put us number 4 in terms of NFL draftable talent

Espn ncaaf site. But you have to pay for it which we know you won't because you want everything for free

Look it up

You were wrong, again

No

They put us number 4 in terms of NFL draftable talent

Espn ncaaf site. But you have to pay for it which we know you won't because you want everything for free

Look it up

You were wrong, again
You cite an ESPN article as your evidence to counter the points ive made throughout this topic but then dont share the information from the article. What's the point of mentioning it at all then?

You cite an ESPN article as your evidence to counter the points ive made throughout this topic but then dont share the information from the article. What's the point of mentioning it at all then?
Because it's on the Internet. And it's easy to find.

And it proved your narrative wrong.

That's why

LOL this is basically an opinion piece from some random espn cfb talking head .. there's no comprehensive data here. It's useless.
So high school recruiting guys you use as Fact. But ESPN draft analysts are useless ! Hahaha

Yet you are going by your comprehensive data throughout this thread or is it your opinion and your narrative

You are such a huge fraud

What data is used in high school football rankings compared to analyzing NFL draft prospects. It's all opinion you idiot

But you use the experts in recruiting when it fits your narrative.

What a FRAUD

So high school recruiting guys you use as Fact. But ESPN draft analysts are useless ! Hahaha

Yet you are going by your comprehensive data throughout this thread or is it your opinion and your narrative

You are such a huge fraud

What data is used in high school football rankings compared to analyzing NFL draft prospects. It's all opinion you idiot

But you use the experts in recruiting when it fits your narrative.

What a FRAUD
My issue isn't so much about who is authoring the article as much as it is about the nature of the article itself. The author's entire criteria seems to be "total players expected to be drafted" ... but as we all know a guy being drafted in the 1st round is way more valuable to an institution than a guy being drafted in the 5th (and everything else in between) and the article's ranking criteria has no way of accounting for all this nuance.

If you read the description in the article of the top 5 teams, the other 4 surrounding ND all have multiple 1st round prospects compared to Notre Dame's 1 (which is kind of what i was getting at in my previous post on the topic).

ND has warm bodies/JAGs/B athletes .. its the lack of As & A+ players/lack of upside/lack of star players that is holding the program back

My issue isn't so much about who is authoring the article as much as it is about the nature of the article itself. The author's entire criteria seems to be "total players expected to be drafted" ... but as we all know a guy being drafted in the 1st round is way more valuable to an institution than a guy being drafted in the 5th (and everything else in between) and the article's ranking criteria has no way of accounting for all this nuance.

If you read the description in the article of the top 5 teams, the other 4 surrounding ND all have multiple 1st round prospects compared to Notre Dame's 1 (which is kind of what i was getting at in my previous post on the topic).

ND has warm bodies/JAGs/B athletes .. its the lack of As & A+ players/lack of upside/lack of star players that is holding the program back
Oh, so you just changed what you originally said your issue was after I exposed how much of a hypocrite you sounded like

Nice backtrack.

If you go by total draft picks in the article we would be tied for 3rd in the country

If you go by 1st rounders, we'd be tied for 7th

Anyway you slice it, we have a ton of talent. We are right there

Your narrative that we aren't even close to the top of the SEC and Big was just total Bull Shit and I called you on it

Oh, so you just changed what you originally said your issue was after I exposed how much of a hypocrite you sounded like

Nice backtrack.

If you go by total draft picks in the article we would be tied for 3rd in the country

Your narrative that we aren't even close to the top of the SEC and Big was just total Bull Shit and I called you on it
bro im not trying to get you .. im trying to have an honest discussion about the topic .. im not your enemy

im not backtracking, im elaborating on my point

we have 1 first rounder by this draft analysts estimates .. if we are 7th in amount of first rounders drafted, then we are 1 less first round draft prospect away from being 130th (tied with the rest of the 120+ others teams in the FBS that dont have a 1st round draft prospect themselves)

having top 50, top 100, top 150 NFL draft picks in large numbers compared to guys in the back half of the draft -- or undrafted FA types -- makes all the difference in the world (and this article has no way to account for all of that nuance).

it's an entertaining read but not anything that introduces any information worth anything at all on the topic

Last edited:
bro im not trying to get you .. im trying to have an honest discussion about the topic .. im not your enemy

im not backtracking, im elaborating on my point

we have 1 first rounder by this draft analysts estimates .. if we are 7th in amount of first rounders drafted, then we are 1 less first round draft prospect away from being 130th (tied with the rest of the 120+ others teams in the FBS that dont have a 1st round draft prospect themselves)

having top 50, top 100, top 150 NFL draft picks in large numbers compared to guys in the back half of the draft -- or undrafted FA types -- makes all the difference in the world (and this article has no way to account for all of that nuance).

it's an entertaining read but not anything that introduces any information worth anything at all on the topic
Yes, you said we weren't even close to the top of the SEC and Big

You were wrong. We're right at the top of NFL talent in the upcoming draft

So your narrative that you were pushing was way off.

You're full of Shit

when i read your responses i picture a 75 year old man baby with a scowl and blonde eye brows with a diaper on .. like that baby trump balloon lol

substance dont matter just double down on stupidity with no evidence .. basically a futile discussion which is why i end up ignoring the large majority of your responses

_107207699_048121124.jpg.webp
Yeah you're right

That does sound exactly like you. That was perfect. Good one

You made a dumb comment. You were shown something that proved you wrong. Then you changed your position. Then you doubled down on your stupid comment

Thank you. That was perfect

Nice backtrack.

Why are you even bothering with this clown. Chaseballs is the biggest loser on the planet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT