ADVERTISEMENT

If they lose to Army......

Irish2684

Future coach
Jan 4, 2013
will Kelly still be the head coach after this weekend?

I don't think Kelly stands a chance to stay as ND's coach if they were to lose to Army this weekend and feel he will be fired no later than Sunday evening. How could an ND coach survive being 3-7 and losing consecutive weeks to Navy and Army? I just don't think he could.

I will never cheer against ND but I know some of you on here will in hopes of a coaching change. Is losing to Army really out of the question? With the teams Kelly has lost to in his tenure losing to Army is certainly not out of the equation especially since they run the option just as Navy does and we all know how that went last week. So if they lose is he done?

I don't think Kelly stands a chance to stay as ND's coach if they were to lose to Army this weekend and feel he will be fired no later than Sunday evening. How could an ND coach survive being 3-7 and losing consecutive weeks to Navy and Army? I just don't think he could.

I will never cheer against ND but I know some of you on here will in hopes of a coaching change. Is losing to Army really out of the question? With the teams Kelly has lost to in his tenure losing to Army is certainly not out of the equation especially since they run the option just as Navy does and we all know how that went last week. So if they lose is he done?
He could resign, but I don't see any way he's fired mid season. But losing to Army could cement that he's done at the end of the season, assuming we also lose to VA Tech and USC.

I don't think Swarbrick would fire a coach midseason unless it was a case of serious misconduct.

ND is not going to fire Kelly midseason, even if we lose to Army.

Reactions: HuddleBurger
We need the coaches on the road after the USC game. Besides a great education and school like Notre Dame they need to sell hope. With Kelly let's assume based on performance so far with two more losses what is the point? If there is a coach out there they need to be hired to salvage what they can of this years recruiting.

Would make absolutely no sense to fire him during season. Any coach they would hire would not even be available until after bowl season.

Cannot see ND firing Kelly during the season - Swarbrick has already verbally backed Kelly for next season - Fr Jenkins is presumably happy (overjoyed?) with the money that the FB program generates....all is well with ND football..........except for the unhappy fans !

After all - ND does not want to be seen as a football factory (mind you, they have not been considered a football factory for more than 2 decades now - looks like the administration has at least achieved that goal).

Last edited:
Reactions: end_23
Davie, Willingham, and Weis were all fired shortlly after the end of the season.

Reactions: ndhell

Of course. ND will never fire him or any head coach mid-season.

He could resign, but I don't see any way he's fired mid season. But losing to Army could cement that he's done at the end of the season, assuming we also lose to VA Tech and USC.

you serious?

he thinks he doing a great job! he has lost his marbles!

If we lose to Army its due to how young are team is. Right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT